Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there a specific term for that kind of scene transition in the Lawrence of Arabia matchstick shot - that hard cut from a close-up to an extreme long shot?

If not, can anyone think of any other really effective examples of it off the top of their head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CPL593H posted:

Jesus you are clashing so hard.

I'll have you know that's a Roy Lichtenstein print t-shirt. (It was one of my Secret Santa presents - hope you like it, Skwirl, and happy birthday!)

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I can rarely tell Fallon and Kimmel apart, but now I can always have the go to being "the dude who bombed hard on the globes"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kimmel always feels like he doesn't want to be there, or his really stoned.

I like Conan, but I don't watch late night shows anymore because they are poo poo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CelticPredator posted:

I like Conan, but I don't watch late night shows anymore because they are poo poo.

Same except ever since I turned into a grownup I'm a sleepy boy all the time.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Welp looks like I'm on a /pol/ dox list. Anyone have any advice? i really, really, really don't wanna get doxxed.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think this is happening to me too because I can't stay up past midnight any more and I am scared. I actually just woke up, and now it's 4 in the morning.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Eric Andre is the best talk show host.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I think this is happening to me too because I can't stay up past midnight any more and I am scared. I actually just woke up, and now it's 4 in the morning.

just sleep earlier and wake up early

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Welp looks like I'm on a /pol/ dox list. Anyone have any advice? i really, really, really don't wanna get doxxed.

What did you do? Do you use the same user name across multiple sites?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Coffee And Pie posted:

Same except because I'm constantly watching tokusatsu

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CelticPredator posted:

I just wish they could air a full hour of skits and not have the usually incredibly boring "Buy my book" interviews. I guess the musical guests are fine.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

There's no way out of this. You have to just make peace with it or completely change your internet ID and only tell people you trust about the new one.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Do you have any websites/domains registered? If so, ensure that they're not exposing your contact information via whois.

Change all your passwords - important accounts first - to be unique and cryptographically strong (i.e. get and use a good password manager).

Request that your financial institutions increase your account(s) security to block social engineering attempts.

Using an incognito/private browsing tab, check that your social media accounts are not leaking any info to the public.

Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo/Wayback Machine yourself: full name, common aliases & pseudonyms. Reverse image search your account avatars.

Pray that your threat model does not include anyone already within your social media circles.

Good luck! (And may all internet bullies burn in their own vitriol.)

ynohtna fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 10, 2017

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Eric Andre is the best talk show host.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYjqm9HIGtQ

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Armond White chat: the dude owns. Check out his Fences review.

edit: Also his 'Better than' list.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
2017 starting good with the realization that online nazi hate squads are apparently a thing.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Crash Override is your friend.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

married but discreet posted:

2017 starting good with the realization that online nazi hate squads are apparently a thing.

Where've you been since 2014?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

How is this a thing you find out about?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/somersaulthippo/status/818848310467366913

Quitting my job to make this a reality rn. I'll see you all when it's finished, or perhaps, in Hell

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

https://twitter.com/somersaulthippo/status/818848310467366913

Quitting my job to make this a reality rn. I'll see you all when it's finished, or perhaps, in Hell

Wait. So you hang around a little town, getting to know the people, participating in all the festivals, but instead of the country it's an urban sprawl suburb and instead of farming and mining you do illegal street races?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's not your town, it's your FAMILY

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
To this point, there's a kernel of something interesting in the Forza Horizon series where the initial setup has the window dressing of "you're at this massive outdoor music and car festival in a gorgeous location with a bunch of colorful characters, go have bonding and self-discovery experiences in the Italian countryside while racing your obnoxious cars" but that's mostly just a pretty spare setup for a Ubisoft-style content map. It'd be pretty rad imo to actually lean into that setup

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jenny Angel posted:

To this point, there's a kernel of something interesting in the Forza Horizon series where the initial setup has the window dressing of "you're at this massive outdoor music and car festival in a gorgeous location with a bunch of colorful characters, go have bonding and self-discovery experiences in the Italian countryside while racing your obnoxious cars" but that's mostly just a pretty spare setup for a Ubisoft-style content map. It'd be pretty rad imo to actually lean into that setup

What about the Stardew Valley formula would you want added to that? Just more character interaction/minigame type stuff?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is there a specific term for that kind of scene transition in the Lawrence of Arabia matchstick shot - that hard cut from a close-up to an extreme long shot?

If not, can anyone think of any other really effective examples of it off the top of their head?

I think that'd be a match cut, another example being the bone -> space station in 2001.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I have a design document for a Road Rash reboot somewhere on this PC. The final stage was a race with death.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Jerk off

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hundu,

Enjoying The Execution of Gary Glitter so far.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Dox them back. Find out where they live. Raise a wooden pole in front of their door and carve a curse into it, preferably in Fuþark. Sacrifice a horse and place it's head on top of the pole facing towards the door.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Stardew Valley meets Days of Heaven is something I would play asap

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Hundu,

Enjoying The Execution of Gary Glitter so far.

Hell yeah baby.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

ynohtna posted:

Do you have any websites/domains registered? If so, ensure that they're not exposing your contact information via whois.

Change all your passwords - important accounts first - to be unique and cryptographically strong (i.e. get and use a good password manager).

Request that your financial institutions increase your account(s) security to block social engineering attempts.

Using an incognito/private browsing tab, check that your social media accounts are not leaking any info to the public.

Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo/Wayback Machine yourself: full name, common aliases & pseudonyms. Reverse image search your account avatars.

Pray that your threat model does not include anyone already within your social media circles.

Good luck! (And may all internet bullies burn in their own vitriol.)
You know in Taken, when he first hears she's about to be abducted, and instead of freaking out, he just calmly starts preparing for it, telling her what to do, recording the phone call, etc?

That's this post.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dox them back. Find out where they live. Raise a wooden pole in front of their door and carve a curse into it, preferably in Fuþark. Sacrifice a horse and place it's head on top of the pole facing towards the door.

Seed the internet with hints that you are secretly Batman.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
How did you find out you were on a doxx list? is there some form of counter doxx intel group out there trying to protect the world from doxxes?

The dude that played Gary Glitter was amazing. Thanks for the rec I enjoyed it all the way through. The moment where Gary listens to the song with his trial recordings as lyrics was a really strong scene.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 10, 2017

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
It was a list of antifa members posted on /pol/ and intercepted by members of leftbook. Mine was among about 250 names, it's not my real name, and I'm not active in antifa at all so I don't know exactly how worried I need to be.

Upping my cybersecurity and thanking god that this happened on my new, not-yet-legal name rather than my old name that all my bank accounts are under

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

It was a list of antifa members posted on /pol/ and intercepted by members of leftbook. Mine was among about 250 names, it's not my real name, and I'm not active in antifa at all so I don't know exactly how worried I need to be.

Upping my cybersecurity and thanking god that this happened on my new, not-yet-legal name rather than my old name that all my bank accounts are under
Oh, as good a place as any to put this, but:
https://twitter.com/Almost_Anna/status/818826930271227904

While you're at it, delete any information you can find through this site by following the steps entailed in the following tweets.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
what is /pol/?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
4chan I think

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

what is /pol/?
4Chan's political board a.k.a. the alt-right a.k.a. nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

The dude that played Gary Glitter was amazing. Thanks for the rec I enjoyed it all the way through. The moment where Gary listens to the song with his trial recordings as lyrics was a really strong scene.

It's really funny that it was seen as cheap and tasteless in the UK, it's extremely well acted.

• Locked thread