Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Pick posted:

Me [23F] with my Brother [26M] mom passed away and gave me significantly more "inheritance" than my brother because I was her caretaker. He is furiousNon-Romantic

Oh god,this is gonna be me and my sister in 10-15 years cause she's never,ever helped with our mom and I'm her full time caretaker. poo poo she won't even call on holidays unless I ask her,I had to ask her to call our mom after she was diagnosed with Parkinson's. Why does money make family so loving crazy? :froggonk:

Antivehicular posted:

Calling it now: the dude has decided he doesn't actually want a kid and thinks that the OP has gotten pregnant again deliberately to "entrap" him or WTF ever.

That's what I think too. He doesn't want to help cause he doesn't care and doesn't want a kid. What a shitbag.

VanSandman posted:

Because he's a moron.

Sounds like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Meridian posted:

Eeesh. I think one of the best things one can bring to a relationship is being debt free. 100k debt and lecturing her about her financial poo poo? Come on son.

That's like the fat people who are always giving loud, unorthodox dietary advice to everyone they meet.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

WampaLord posted:

One the one hard, sports cars are stupid, but on the other hand he can clearly afford it without putting himself into debt so gently caress it.
Nah, it's bad to spend your annual salary on a car. The general rule of thumb is 1/5 your income. Also, doesn't sound like he's got other savings. It's a stupid move financially.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fuckin' BITCH wants me to pick up after myself

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

My[30m] wife[30f] became a different woman after we married.Relationships
submitted 2 years ago by bombinth

Hello reddit I am hoping you guys can give me insight on what to do with my relationship to my wife. My wife and I dated for about a year and a half until I proposed and we were engaged for 4 months. We have been married for 15 months.

During the time we were dating our relationship was amazing. My wife(girlfriend at the time) connected very well. She would do all sorts of things to make me happy. Every week she would ask for a list of recipes I wanted her to make for her. Sex was frequent and she would be up for it whenever I wanted. To add to that, she would regularly blow me for long periods of time and did so enthusiastically. Everything was so spontaneous. When we would go out in public she would hold onto me tightly. She would give me great haircuts as well.

My parents loved her, and so did my friends and family. Everyone I told about the relationship would all tell me to lock that down. One thing I want to point out, is that there was no significant disparity in wealth. I only make 10k more than her, plus she had a lot of frugal habits.

We ended up getting married and very quickly things started going downhill. Our ritual of her making food from recipes quickly came to a halt. She told me that she was too stressed out from work, which I accepted. However, other things quickly started to go. Sex dropped from whenever I wanted, to about once a week. She stopped giving me blow jobs because she said it strained her jaw however she had no problem doing it before we married. A lot of times when she comes home she will just spend time playing games on her Ipad.

I have talked to her about but nothing really changed. About sex, she told me that if I really want it that bad she can bend over for me and I can finish. I don’t want that, I want her to enjoy herself too. When it comes to the recipes, she says she will get to it when things slow down at work however nothing has.

Our relationship isn’t bad, we don’t fight often and she does do a good bit of things. However, I do feel cheated in a way that our pre marriage relationship was so amazing. Now my wife is talking about children, and frankly I don’t want to go down the path of kids because it will get even worse. When I brought this up, she tells me that I am being extremely selfish.

tl;dr: our premarriage relationship was awesome. After we got married things went down the drain

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Is the pregnant lady overreacting or not about scooping the litter? Is that something that a pregnant lady should not do under any circumstance?

Leon Einstein posted:

Nah, it's bad to spend your annual salary on a car. The general rule of thumb is 1/5 your income. Also, doesn't sound like he's got other savings. It's a stupid move financially.

Yea I missed the price of the car when reading the story. It's BWM.

Also, Pick, you have to slow down. Don't dump 12 stories back to back, people need time to discuss.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I bet this dude hasn't done anything romantic for his wife since they got engaged

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:toxo: is a genuine risk to an unborn child.

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Is the pregnant lady overreacting or not about scooping the litter? Is that something that a pregnant lady should not do under any circumstance?

Yea I missed the price of the car when reading the story. It's BWM.

Also, Pick, you have to slow down. Don't dump 12 stories back to back, people need time to discuss.

No she isn't,toxoplasmosis can cause terrible birth defects and it's transmitted by infected cat poo poo.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Which is why no one who wants children should have cats.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

Which is why no one who wants children should have cats.

They pick it up hunting rodents; if a cat is an indoor cat and doesn't hunt rodents it's not a problem.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Pick posted:

Me [25 M] with my wife [25 F] of 5 years, she uses "her feelings" to impose annoying restrictions that are insignificant.Relationships

I don't know if I'm projecting, but I know 100% what he's talking about and it's annoying as gently caress. I had an ex that expected me to wake up in the middle of the night because she worked night shift, which meant going to bed at like eight in the afternoon like I'm 90 years old.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

No she isn't,toxoplasmosis can cause terrible birth defects and it's transmitted by infected cat poo poo.

Cool, I learned something today! :eng101:

Pick posted:

They pick it up hunting rodents; if a cat is an indoor cat and doesn't hunt rodents it's not a problem.

Also good to know.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Why can't he just buy a used one?

I'm going out on a limb here, but my guess is that he doesn't actually have much cash, he needs to finance it, and financing high-end used vehicles without a lot of collateral is a bitch.

(Sidenote: his salary sounds high, but without significant deductions[like mortgage interest] , taxes will utterly bury him, he's probably looking at ~70K take-home, and depending on where he lives, that's not that much money)

Buying used is actually a great way to go for most sports/luxury cars, generally they depreciate like a motherfucker because the people that buy them can afford the latest/greatest, plus maintenance expenses are horrible.

But this guy is using the purchase to psychologically make up for his frugal childhood, and new is the only way to scratch that itch.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

I'll be honest with you Pick, I was just trying to start a cat derail.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pick posted:

Sorry, spending 120K on a sports car when you make 130K a year pre-taxes, and don't own a home or any other sound investments first, is insane and insanely stupid.

It's stupid but his girlfriends arguments are bullshit.

If the guy had significant savings already I'd be fine with it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

54 40 or gently caress posted:

But you weren't induced at 30 weeks

....right?:stare:

hell yeah we did, that little loving freeloader

WampaLord posted:

no, it's an outside risk but it's a risk. my wife had two cats and i generally ignored them since they were her pets, but during our pregnancy i was the litter punk. also if a CFL breaks or something a the unpregnant partner should clean it up due to risk of mercury inhalation, also you have to strictly monitor your fish intake etc.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 10, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JnnyThndrs posted:

(Sidenote: his salary sounds high, but without significant deductions[like mortgage interest] , taxes will utterly bury him, he's probably looking at ~70K take-home, and depending on where he lives, that's not that much money)

You think he's paying 44% taxes on a salary of $130k?

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Pick posted:

Hmm,mine are indoor cats and they don't so much hunt mice but they want to play with them and not murder them. They used to want to kill them before I got them fixed but now they kinda want to be buddies with them???

Also did ya'll know that mini schnauzers are loving pro's at catching mice without killing them?

LSD CURES JUNKIES fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 10, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ravenkult posted:

I don't know if I'm projecting, but I know 100% what he's talking about and it's annoying as gently caress. I had an ex that expected me to wake up in the middle of the night because she worked night shift, which meant going to bed at like eight in the afternoon like I'm 90 years old.

Hyperbole aside, some of this stuff does sound irritating, like the carpooling. It's just that his throwing in stuff like "she wants me to pick up my side of the room" makes me assume some of it is just him whining.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Leon Einstein posted:

Ramsey's rule is 1/2. :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

Hyperbole aside, some of this stuff does sound irritating, like the carpooling. It's just that his throwing in stuff like "she wants me to pick up my side of the room" makes me assume some of it is just him whining.

The actual fun is that it's the biggest honeypot ever because it's just vague enough for anyone to project anything on it, mu ha ha ha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxTJHLpnd1w

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

silly women and their emotions; logically, there is nothing at all wrong with my doing 70 in a 35 zone while hamme

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Kind of telling that he doesn't mention at all what he does for her.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Pick posted:

quote:

And not to mention that he was getting lap dances and feeling on some other girl's tits. Its pretty drat close to cheating in my eyes.

pretty close, indeed

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

It's super hard to tell from the post and it's also really hard to judge who needs to do a better job of meeting the person halfway. "When you do x it makes me feel y and we need to do something about that because it's important to me" can either be completely reasonable or incredibly unfair depending on the context.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

It's super hard to tell from the post and it's also really hard to judge who needs to do a better job of meeting the person halfway. "When you do x it makes me feel y and we need to do something about that because it's important to me" can either be completely reasonable or incredibly unfair depending on the context.

literally 100% of the time the kind of person who says "I am a very analytic and logical person" and dismisses the other person as this wibbling illogical mass of feelings is actually just an rear end in a top hat incapable of distinguishing what they want from the dictates of pure Vulcan logic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Kind of telling that he doesn't mention at all what he does for her.

hmmmmm seems like a bit of a tangent, this is about him not getting what he wants from her all the time

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

That's what I think too. He doesn't want to help cause he doesn't care and doesn't want a kid. What a shitbag.

It definitely sounds like this is a case of him not wanting the kid, but it sounds like she is unsure of it herself, and with him losing his job I would bet he is likely dealing with some other issues of his own. Regardless, the two of them need to actually talk that poo poo out and figure out what they want, because just acting like a child throwing a tantrum about chores isn't going to help anyone.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pick posted:

The Gothest Manipulator
He should just sing this song to her every time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57FtD2HKLw

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pick posted:

hmmmmm seems like a bit of a tangent, this is about him not getting what he wants from her all the time

That too but I more meant stuff like "I still cook for her x times a week but she has stopped completely" or "I go down on her but she never returns the favor" seem like incredibly pertinent details to add if they were things he was actually doing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

literally 100% of the time the kind of person who says "I am a very analytic and logical person" and dismisses the other person as this wibbling illogical mass of feelings is actually just an rear end in a top hat incapable of distinguishing what they want from the dictates of pure Vulcan logic
I dunno it could be that he just feels like her emotions on stuff always come first and act as a trump card in their disagreements, imo wanting to drive your own car cause you wanna hit the gym after work on your way home and not feel rushed seems perfectly reasonable but it's hard to argue with "but it makes me saaaaaadddd". On the other hand stuff like not picking up after himself in a shared living space is totally reasonable thing for her to be upset over and she has the right to communicate that.

Maybe they just need couples therapy.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's perfectly plausible for people to weaponize their emotions to manipulate people close to them too, sure, but Mr. Engineer Logic Robot who sees no rational issue with his filth and drinking and unsafe driving is not concerned with reaching a happy compromise in a relationship between two beings with acknowledged emotional needs

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ArbitraryC posted:

Maybe they just need couples therapy.

this is 80% of the posts. The overriding theme is a lack of communication once the honeymoon period of the relationship is over. Both sides are not expressing themselves well, and one side starts getting stupid and petty because humans are stupid and petty. Then the other digs in and stops doing nice things for the other, than they make a reddit post wherein only the other partner looks guilty.

feelingsman up there has some legit points, but has also probably stopped making dinner every sunday, or whatever other nice things he was doing for her when they were both still all head over heels for each other.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
cheesecake

quote:

Boyfriend (21 M) got upset at me (20 F) about a cheese cake I madeRelationships
submitted 1 year ago * by Cheesecakethrowaway1

Throwaway because we share a reddit account but he also knows about my interest in this sub. Sometimes will check it out.

This Christmas him and his family asked me to stay in town as opposed to going home. I have been here for about a month now. I attend school here but out for the break.

The month I have been here during the week days my boyfriend works and I stay at home with his family. I love to bake and cook. When he is working I would bake something or make dinner for when he gets home. The entire time we have been dating I have always catered to what he like and doesn't like. I missed making a few things and brought up that I want to make a couple things but knew he wouldn't like it. He supported me and gave me the okay. We went to the store and got what I needed. He got mad at me for some of the stuff I was getting and even yelled at me for getting cookies when we already had gram crackers that could be used for a crust.

I should of known and just stopped there. I was planning on making cheese cake bars with a chocolate topping. He said once that it may be to big and it would be wise to downsize. Everything I had made in the past week was nearly gone right after I was done making it. I talked to his mom and asked what she thought and she said to make the full size deal. So I make it in the next few days. When he got home he instantly was making comments. Chocolate is gross. You should of done half without chocolate. It's to big. Etc. It has been about a week and a half now and he makes a comment every day.

We have discussed multiple times that I will make it smaller next time and that I was sorry. Yet he keeps bringing it up. Last night was his breaking point. I made chicken. But it had skin and bone which he voiced he didn't like. I offered to use normal chicken breasts and he said he will just try it how it should be. After I have cut all the ingredients and about to start cooking he tells me it is to big. I tell him other people can have some and left it at that. He didn't like it but told me he did. Took some to work and didn't even eat it. Had to throw it away and there is still some of the cheese cake and chicken in the fridge.

This morning we were cleaning up and he looked in the fridge and said yet again you need to make this smaller and should of listened to me about the chicken. I confronted him saying that he shouldn't of taken the chicken if he didn't like it because other people said they would eat it. But also that it isn't needed for him to bring it up every day that I made to much and that he didn't like the cheese cake. He said well its been in there every day. We argued and I explained I messed up but also that it isn't okay for him to keep nagging me and bringing it up every day. That it doesn't make me feel good or make me want to make something again. He said I am wrong and that I am being wasteful.

What do I do or say? I am hurt he keeps bringing up that he didn't like it and that it was to big. Seems like he is just trying to prove he was right but being rude about it.
Tldr; made a cheese cake I knew my boyfriend wouldn't like. Ended up having to throw some away. Brought up every day since I made it that he was right about making a smaller one, that he hates chocolate, that I should of made some without for him, that I am wasteful.

Edit: He doesn't say it nicely and is speaking down to me. We have had about 4 or 5 discussions about making it smaller or what I should do next time. That I shouldn't make it again because HE didn't like it. Then also would bring it up maybe once a day on top of the other discussions we have had. Everytime he opens the fridge he would say

Edit: PM for recipe

Edit: Tried to talk to him again. He was playing fallout the entire time. Laughed when I asked him to stop. Had a horrible attitude

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

cheesecake

To borrow a favorite of yours - murder.

:qq: "You made too much delicious cheesecake! :qq:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I'm against murder but not against giving him a Stone Cold Stunner.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I have my share of hangups, but these people make me look relaxed and well-balanced. How do you get loving stuck on serving sizes and giant cheesecakes? Every day!??

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I [30 F] am unsure how to react to the type of porn my boyfriend [29 M] watches

quote:

I want to start by saying I watch porn, I enjoy it, and I have - up until recently - had no issue with my significant others watching or viewing it. My boyfriend and I have been together five months and recently he's felt comfortable enough to watch pornography together. At first he insisted I chose, but recently he's been slowly showing me his and I'm honestly a little uncomfortable with the subject matter and themes that he insists are just fantasy and I should be fine with it. The subject matter that concerns me is primarily the treatment of women in the art and videos in his collection. He has a lot of anime porn and drawn porn saved from deviant art and in it women are beaten, choked, chained up against their will, often the sex is non consensual (if the objections and struggles and violent reactions are anything to go by), a type of porn he calls 'stuck' where women are usually trapped in a small space and then taken advantage of, and what seemed to be a slave auction of fantasy type (orc, troll, elf, furry type people) women. One piece that really stuck out to me involved goblin men throwing rocks at the exposed backside of a naked elf woman in a stockade. I just don't understand this and was hoping to have some outside input on if I'm overreacting to harmless fantasy that's a bit more risqué than my own or if this is something less normal. I feel I should add that he is never violent towards me which is why I'm concerned I'm overreacting - in fact he is incredibly submissive where as I take a very dominant role (which is something he suggested, I enjoy greatly, and he has politely declined any interest in changing when I asked if he wanted a turn or chance to tie me up). I'm not sure if that has bearing on this, but I figure the more info the better.

TL;DR: My boyfriend insists the violence and dehumanization in his preferred flavor of porn is nothing to be concerned about but I am unsure as I've not encountered porn like this before and seek an outsiders perspective before escalation on the conversation on said porn.

:orks101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i tried reading the cheesecake story like 4 times but my eyes glazed over from boredom and i just read the tl:dr and the update and i dunno maybe he is justified cause i never want to read anything about that story ever again.