Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Man, can the warriors lose two games in a row?

Do their players live boring rear end off court lives or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Derick Rose family emergency was that he looked at a mirror for so long he thought he had a twin. Then when he went to get ready he realized his twin was missing so he headed back to Chicago to see if the twin went home.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tyus got minutes and the Wolves won last night.

I just wanted to say that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Well, they built that lead before Tyus showed up. He is not a bad option to close out the game since he does a lot of little things well. By the time he got in Rubio was clowning around so I think the game was pretty well set.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Well, they built that lead before Tyus showed up. He is not a bad option to close out the game since he does a lot of little things well. By the time he got in Rubio was clowning around so I think the game was pretty well set.

Please leave my narrative alone.

I'd actually like to see him at the 2 more to give Zach some rest instead of playing with the second team so much.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Who the gently caress is Rodney McGruder.

edit: where are all those Miami Heat fans now that I need them?

dokmo fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 10, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo posted:

SNL skit character

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
D rose is Back...at practice.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

dokmo posted:

They were gonna show up late but they checked the standings and decided to leave early as well.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/818881959468433408

derrick rose is back

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
looks more like Derrick Rose's back

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Dirk and Barnes had their best game together last night so of course the rest of the team decided not to score much.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

WhyteRyce posted:

SNL skit character

Now THAT is a great movie.

Spacebump posted:

Dirk and Barnes had their best game together last night so of course the rest of the team decided not to score much.

Good. #TeamTank

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Ringer on Bender and Chriss. It's not pretty.

quote:

Bender was a role player who averaged 14.5 minutes a game for Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Israeli Premier League before coming to the NBA, while Chriss was the third option on a Washington team that missed the NCAA tournament. If they are the frontcourt of the future in Phoenix, it’s a future that is many years away.

https://theringer.com/the-suns-frontcourt-of-the-future-is-going-through-growing-pains-and-so-is-the-nba-3cd39347acd2#.tfmv4m1qu

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

dokmo posted:

I'm still here damnit.

McGruder is one of those guys that had an awesome summer league that the Heat fanbase started overrating. People thought he'd be an answer to our outside shooting but of course he sucks.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought that was because Lavine left the game with an injury. Sounded minor tho.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

attackmole posted:

I thought that was because Lavine left the game with an injury. Sounded minor tho.

Yeah, same hip thing he's dealt with before.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/jcameratocsn/status/818881553963118592

:toot:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lockback posted:

I hope you all also watched "The Nice Guys".

I watched and enjoyed that and I was all like 'that was kinda like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which was also good' and one of the people I watched it with said they had the same director or writer or something like that and I was like OK cool.

In Bruges was cool too I guess but I preferred KissKissBangBang

EDIT: Also I tried NBA 2K17 tonight and I'm v. bad at it but I beat the Wolves by just having my guy set all of the screens ever. Also I'm annoyed that I couldn't rig the draft to have my My Career guy get on the Wolves.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I have it on good authority that Strawberry Panda is actually phone posting cuz he's been locked out and they won't let him back in

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
does anyone like maybe dokmo have the tools to make a compilation of a bunch of Pablo Prigioni steals that happened right after made baskets by the other team?
the MSG cameramen missed soooo many of his inbounds steals after he first joined the Knicks. He broke the rhythm of the broadcasts where they usually do a close-up on the guy who just scored during the (typically uneventful) inbounds pass and they had to change it all up when he was on the court.

God Bless U Pablo,
The Real Prigioni
Argentina Macaroni
Thank you for your basketball service

Here's a nice in-depth SportVU analysis that leans towards the conclusion that teams will vary the inflation of the balls to suit their playstyles, which fits with everything I read although I didn't see much talk in the article about taking atmospheric pressure and elevation into account:
http://www.inpredictable.com/2017/01/a-deflategate-analysis-for-nba.html

Still, the tons of NBA folks who were like "oh yeah we did that all the time" during Deflategate makes me figure it still goes on.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Like everything in this article was known before the draft what is the point of the ringer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

oh so he went against the sixers bench that's nice

jopo
Jan 29, 2007

Kovalev out 6-8 months with lazy bones

straight up brolic posted:

Like everything in this article was known before the draft what is the point of the ringer

mostly basketball fan fiction

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I like a lot of their writers but Tjarks is boring and awful. Their more serious NBA writing tends to be really bad which is funny given that Simmons clearly views himself as one of the leading basketball minds

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 10, 2017

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Chairchucker posted:

I watched and enjoyed that and I was all like 'that was kinda like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which was also good' and one of the people I watched it with said they had the same director or writer or something like that and I was like OK cool.

In Bruges was cool too I guess but I preferred KissKissBangBang

Shane Black

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

To remind people that Grantland is dead.

Let's wait until he starts participating in 5-on-Chair drills.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

grantland was too goof for this world. rip.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jack's Flow posted:

To remind people that Grantland is dead.

Let's wait until he starts participating in 5-on-Chair drills.

5 on 4 chairs and Okafor.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://instagram.com/p/BPEaxwggmM0/

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I have it on good authority that Strawberry Panda is actually phone posting cuz he's been locked out and they won't let him back in

My Heat "Back 2 Back" NBA championship hat that I wear almost every day is falling apart :(.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I'm here to start a Rose to Sacramento trade rumor.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm glad to know tony Allen basically votes like me (except replace the all Grizzlies west with the Spurs).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The Ringer isn't as good as Grantland but it's still better than like, the 95% of sports websites that aren't willing to do the investigative reporting into whether Paul Pierce poo poo himself or not.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I'm here to start a Rose to Sacramento trade rumor.

please post New York realgm poster unironically suggesting Rose for Boogie trades. Much Love.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Also, speaking of voting, I feel like I'm the last person on earth who votes by going to the all star website instead of doing it on the twitter tweeter facebook whatever, which probably means that I'm wasting my vote because I can't get in on that exponential retweet action.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

EDIT: Also I tried NBA 2K17 tonight and I'm v. bad at it but I beat the Wolves by just having my guy set all of the screens ever. Also I'm annoyed that I couldn't rig the draft to have my My Career guy get on the Wolves.

NBA 2k is a vexing combination of good but also bad.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NBA Twitter undefeated
https://twitter.com/TheDiLLon1/status/818851962670223360

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I believe this is the actual reason
I believe Jared Sullinger ate a burger off the ground