Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

If the question is "am I doing *thing that nobody wants to do*?", the answer is "yes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Can't remember if I posted, so Champs Retain.

Luna Landers:

DL DiMaggio. Call up Dale Murphy.

Lineup:

LF Raines
C Lombardi
RF Aaron
DH Ramirez
1B Robinson
CF Murphy
SS Ripken
2B Grich
3B Keltner

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

TheMcD posted:

If the question is "am I doing *thing that nobody wants to do*?", the answer is "yes".

Don't I know it! Folks,

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Pick 'em:

No unification, Champs retain.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Week 3 Injury Report

Bath Rakers
Nolan Ryan (SP) - 97 days

Brookings Dinosaurs
Rickey Henderson (LF) - 13 days

Glastonbury Knights
John Wetteland (RP) - 9 days

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXI, Week 3: Mortality, Part Three

Mortality, Part Three posted:

"Okay, I have the notice of waiver." Jack McDowell said, staring at one of the many forms that Pash had provided the W's to sign before they could ask him questions about any links between his team and either ForeverBWFC or the Nexus of the Crisis. "I think we all need to initial it."

"I have the NDA disclosure form." Yoshida said. "We're picking the one where the NDA doesn't apply?"

"Verily!" Bellhorn said, "Though it may be that the cost is dear, for to choice such a path requires the discovery of a notary, those most mysterious of creatures who scurry in plain sight, the badges of their office but mere stamp they hold secret, for secret is their way, as no mere man can hope to contain the sheer power of the bureaucratic process they hold in such a tool, the barrier between the eccentricity of man and the certainty of paper, no matter that eccentric man see it as legerdeman of print, for the deception is only produced from his own faculties, and imposed on said words, for words themselves are e'er true, and made lies only by the contempt of man for what is fair and just when it crosses his own benefit."

Bellhorn shook his head, "Our hate of bureaucracy is our hate of ourselves. Like covetous Paris, we will steal whatever we feel is our due, no matter should the heavens fall as a result. Until the day the cometh when he is shot by Philoctetes, and suddenly, on door of death, returns to virtue, begs Oenone for yet more life, but how could a woman so spurned give a mortal more than is his real due? He dies, and so too, faced with the consequences of our own perfidies, both venal and mortal, for lies accrue in our daily conversings and in our great acts, we too are drat'd, to suffer the weight of our misdeeds, crushed beneath them, milled down like so much corn ground under the rolling stone, until that moment when the kernels are naught but meal, and we fit to be baked in that great oven that lies beneath."

"Blame not the words." Bellhorn continued. "The words are true, the words remain when we are gone, the words are all that remain in the end, when we are naught but bones, forgotten in a potter's field. I daresay this entire endeavor gives me pause, for to find the greater vault of dreams, so promised by Charles Foster Balla a fortnight prior, that we should be allowed to swim in the tides of ideas, when we are so much less in these forms. That we might enter the Nexus of the Crisis, where things lie eternal, perhaps it is not our right."

"ForeverBWFC has gone from this place." Bellhorn looked at his fellow W's, "He has gone, and left nothing but a shadow, and that shadow now, though consisting of absence without substance, weighs more heavily than an adamantine anvil, crushing us beneath its heft, and why? Can we not accept the transience in life? Must we journey beyond the shores of the undiscovered country, though we shall return, slings and arrows besides, must we journey there, to find out the truth? To see the words that we fear, that ForeverBWFC is well and truly gone, that we are alone, abandoned in the dark, as is our certain fate? We look to the truth, we look to know, and yet we know, we travel in the great circle, because the end of the journey is already set, the destination booked, we shall end where we began, and with no souvenir but broken hearts, purchased at great cost with florins cast from our souls that cannot be redeemed, resold or refunded."

Dunn, Yoshida and McDowell took some time to process that. "I didn't catch most of that." McDowell admitted.

"He wants us to go to Paris?" Dunn said, trying to figure it out. "But I don't think we should go to Paris."

"I don't think that's what he meant." McDowell said. "But we're not going to Paris either way. I mean, it sounds expensive."

"Bolton to Paris isn't that far." Yoshida pointed out. "I mean, it's probably cheaper than coming to Minneapolis. Or St. Paul. Sorry, I'm not super-familiar with American cities."

"St. Paul and Minneapolis are the same poo poo." Dunn said. "In America, it's a tradition for richer cities to tell poor cities to gently caress off when it comes to consolidation. It's why Dallas-Fort Worth sucks."

"I thought you were from Texas." McDowell said.

"Houston." Dunn clarified. "Don't get it confused. North Texas, that's the lovely part of Texas."

"Just like Florida." McDowell said. "In any event, we need a notary, I guess."

"Bonjour!" Melissa Meyeux suddenly poked her head out from between the cushions of a nearby couch. "I am the notary!"

"Gah!" McDowell recoiled. "Well, okay, we need this stamped." He handed her the form.

"I see, I see." Meyeux grabbed the form and then disappeared back beneath the cushions.

"Wait, what?" McDowell was confused, and moved the cushion, looking for Meyeux, only to find that the couch was of solid construction, and that there was no hidden compartment where Meyeux could have been hiding. "The hell?" He said, frantically searching the couch.

The screen that had been covered the glass in front of the clerk's counter suddenly opened, with Meyeux standing behind it. "It is an interesting form you are asking me to notarize, yes?"

"Not really." McDowell said, trying to understand just how Meyeux had done that. "We just need to ask Pash some questions, he's from Minnesota, we hear that the Dome, where the Unspecs used to play, was partially built in Minnesota, we're just trying to figure out what the connection is, or if there is one."

"Ah, you want connections. You want this sense of closure, yes? It is not so much that you want your dear leader to return, so much as you are driven to find out the end of the story? Very American of you, always a need for a sequel." Meyeux said, shuffling the papers before performing some sleight of hand tricks with them. "There are a great many mysteries in life that have no answer, and that is beautiful, that no matter how much we know, there will always be so much more that we do not. You wish for there to be an answer for every question, but that supposes an existence with limits that can be reached. How sad!" Meyeux said before suddenly slamming the screen shut just as McDowell reached for the papers.

"What is happening here?" McDowell asked as he banged on the screen.

A television mounted on the corner of the ceiling suddenly switched on, and Meyeux appeared on the screen. "That is the question." Meyeux flipped her notary stamped into the air.

"How are you doing this poo poo?" Dunn asked.

"The trick, with explanation, has no meaning." Meyeux said. "It is only the lack of understanding that makes it have any meaning at all!" Meyeux leaned off camera, just as the door to the waiting room opened and Meyeux stuck her head out. "It is the mystery that is intoxicating. Reality is just banal, a collection of dreary tasks. Ennui pervades!" She said, disappearing as she closed the door behind her. McDowell, exasperated beyond measure, opened the door after her, only to find an empty hallway.

"You ask what is." Meyeux leaned back into view on the television. "Not what could be. You want to open the Schrodinger's box, and find the single truth, but why not live in a world with more than one truth?"

"I really just want those forms notarized." McDowell said, dumbfoudned by the scene.

"The forms? They have been in your pocket this entire time." Meyeux said. McDowell, checking his pocket, discovered the forms, folded, but notarized. "But the questions I have given you, please let them linger. Bonjour!" Meyeux said, as the television switched off.

Yoshida applauded excitedly. "That was great! Can we see it again!"

"If you don't tell us the secret of immortality right now, I'm going to loving kill you!" Chelsea Baker said, holding Archie Goodwin against the wall.

"Crazy dame, think about what you're saying!" Goodwin protested.

"Dame? Is that an insult?" Baker asked. "Because that's just going to make me kill you harder!" Baker said, rearing back her fist.

"Dead is dead." Goodwin said.

"I'm not going to be the first person in history to make someone double-dead!" Baker said. "It's my destiny. That person, by the way, is going to be Eri Yoshida!"

"You got spunk." Goodwin kept it cool. "But that's not what I mean. Your mind's not on the trolley, either I know the secret of immortality, and you can't kill me, or else I don't, and killing me won't do you any good. Either way, the threat has no meaning."

"That can't be right." Zodiac5000 tried to understand the logic. "gently caress it is. We're down in the thresher this time."

"Cobbles." Monsoon said, writing something on a legal pad.

"What is he writing?" Zodiac5000 asked.

"It's not right to plumb the depths of a man's mind, as expressed in the written word, without the man's permission." Buck Ewing said, "And I'm not sure that Monsoon has the mind to consent in the first place."

"I want immortality, now!" Baker demanded again. "I know that the Syndicate died! There was that stupid-long stupid story about you all getting killed, and then you were all dead, and now I have to deal with your bullshit! And that means that you beat death! Although we beat you!"

"By the transitive property, we have already conquered the reaper." Buck Ewing. "Our quest is over!"

"Wait, no!" Zodiac5000 tried to keep the focus. "Our team is still in danger. Think about what happened to the Dinos!"

"Who?" Ewing asked.

"Forzelt's team."

"Who?" Ewing repeated the question.

"See, that's why we need immortality!" Zodiac5000 said emphatically. "Otherwise, in ten season, who's going to remember the Marmosets? We need to etch our name into history."

"We could play better and win a championship." The People's Left Hander suggested. "We can be the champions of the people, a working team that overcame its capitalist oppressors to bring about the end of history!" The People's Left Hander noticed that neither Zodiac5000 nor Ewing were entirely comfortable with how that sounded. "History as a concept, not the destruction of time and space. As you know, Marxism defines history as the progression of class conflicts, and the end of class conflict, created by the destruction of classes through the end of the distinction between labor and the owners of the means of labor, will necessarily end history as a meaningful concept."

"Right, well, that's something." Zodiac5000 brushed him off. "But we all know that the Syndicate knows the secret to immortality, and we need answers!"

"Right, so, tell us or die!" Baker said, threatening Goodwin again.

"I choose death." Goodwin said.

"gently caress you then!" Baker smashed him in the face with her fist, and kept beating on him until his features were nothing more than a mass of blood-stained flesh.

"Canrabat." Goodwin said as he died. "I'm coming."

The Marmosets stood in silence for a moment, waiting to see if Goodwin would pop back to his feet, alive once more. "I don't think he's coming back." Zodiac5000 finally said. "He's gone to the great thresher."

"It would appear that we have a mystery on our hands, regarding this enigmatic creature, organization, or perhaps deity known as Canrabat, who appears to be some sort of master, at the least psychopomp, for Goodwin, and by extension the Syndicate." Ewing said.

The People's Left Hander shook his head, "Comrade, religion and mysticism are used by the oppressors to distract the masses from their exploitation in the real world by excusing such deprivations as part of a larger mystical scheme that is justified by unprovable worlds beyond this one where the meek and impoverished are supposedly rewarded for their miseries. Only this world has meaning and substance. Let us ignore this Canrabat, whoever or whatever it is."

"That sounds like something a Canrabatist cultist would say!" Buck Ewing said. "I accuse you of being in league with our newfound eternal enemy!"

"Enough!" Zodiac5000 said. "We have larger concerns. The Zephyrs are coming to town next week, and we need to stop them!"

"I think it's the other Zephyrs." The People's Left Hander said. "The non-threatening ones."

"Oh." Zodiac5000 said. "Well, okay then, carry on."

Signs of the Apocalypse, Week Three posted:

The RCMP won three one-run games in a row to take all the titles. And with that, all of the titles currently in the Dynamo League are back in their hands. It was a wild three weeks where other teams in this league had something to play for, but it's over now.

As far as what this says about these two teams? Not a lot. Granted, going back to the playoffs last season, I think the RCMP have now beaten the Sheikhs seven times in a row, but these last three were one-run games, which aren't exactly the most convincing wins. In fact, they are, definitionally, the least convincing wins. It may speak to the fact that the RCMP have a better bullpen, but we basically already knew that.

I suppose that the other question here is whether or not the RCMP are better off for the trades they made in the offseason. On that, I'm not entirely certain. Babe Ruth and Josh Gibson are both blue-chip players, but they're both power and patience guys, and you aren't going to get the full benefit from using them against deadball pitchers.

To wit, even though the RCMP swept this series, they scored a grand total of eight runs in doing so, which is just not going to get it done consistently. In a seven-game series against the Sheikhs, or Nine, who also have a bunch of deadballers, it's easy to see things going south. If the H-Zephyrs have home-field advantage, that could get ugly too.

Of course, that does tend to ignore the fact that, in unfavorable conditions, the RCMP did get the sweep, they did sweep the Sheikhs and get to the finals last season, and in a rematch with the Panderers, if they have home-field advantage this time, the extra Ruth and Gibson might well make the difference. It's always hard to tell what's going to happen, especially in a short series.

It's nice to see that, pushed to the limit, the W's can make an even more dinger-focused lineup than the Commission. Thome and Dunn in the same lineup? Good thing the Commission started a right-hander, otherwise that could have gotten really, really ugly.

Pash will be happy to know that his team blew their lead in extra innings by somehow, and I really have trouble picturing how this happened, Jim Thome hitting an infield single, and then Carl Mays, probably trying and failing to murder a man with a beanball, another man, I mean, throwing eight straight balls to load the bases, with calamity following in short order thereafter.

The Commission's pitching has been bad this season, but I think that, looking at today's game, there's a clear reason why: They keep facing the best-hitting teams in the league. The Mexicutioners, the Doom, the Panderers, the W's. Those were all playoff teams last season, so it's hard to say whether the Commission don't have enough pitching, or just have trouble doing well against the best teams in the league.

As for the W's, as always, they find a way to muddle through. If they can win games starting both Bellhorn and Dunn, then they're going to be okay.

Hey, CraigK! Meet Pander magic!

That's right, the Cloggers lost a title to a derelict team!

Still, it's not really that bad.

Whatever you want to say about Mornacale, but he had a plan. He saw that there were a lot of teams, in both the Super-League and Sub-Par League, that leaned heavily on left-handed power hitters, because guys like Ruth and Williams are the most reliable hitters you can get. So, he was going to build a stadium where sluggers like that became incapable of hitting dingers due to the nature of the stadium. The Cloggers have two Teds William, a Mel Ott and a Lou Gehrig in the middle of their lineup. It's not hard to see why the Cloggers might have problems in that kind of situation.

That said, I'd be lying if I said that I was entirely sold on the Cloggers as a team. I hate using the term metagame, but the reality is that, in the Super-League, most teams have either embraced lefty-slugging, or found ways to suppress it. Think of the Senor Goodtimes Division, where the Cloggers play. The Panderers and Janus both have ways to choke left-handed power to death, and the Bombers have a better offense than the Cloggers. That's a rough spot for the Cloggers to be in, even with Mornacale gone.

Prove me wrong, Shepard, prove me wrong.

And tell your alternate persona that I'm not going to let the Dat Bois into the Super-League unless they have a name that doesn't make me want to die.

This could have gotten even uglier had the Nine not taken that safety in the fourth quarter after the outcome was no longer in doubt.

The Gumshoes' bullpen, ladies and gentlemen! Always fun!

Team Statistics

Analysis

What's wrong with the Killer Mikes? It turns out that having a stadium so vast that any ball hit fairly into the outfield turns into an extra-base hit is not great for a team's ability to keep runs off the board.

Analysis

Facing the Panderers is a new challenge for the Scientists. Enjoy.

Analysis

Yeah, that's pretty good for a week.

Analysis

That week was better! Improvement counts!

Analysis

That bullpen is going to have problems against the Babe Ruths of the league.

Analysis

The dead have their powers.

Analysis

Currently, I need to see the Jobbers demolished, so I have no particular objection to this.

Analysis

I think Yog-Sothoth is doing well by your pitchers, which was the point of the thought experiment.

Analysis

I'll see your team annihilated. And soon.

Analysis

The CooL Guys explode!

Analysis

Okay, things can't get worse.

Analysis

The Mexicutioners are just in a tough division. Playing in Portland next week won't help.

Analysis

That pitching does not have a long half-life. The Commission need to start winning games now, before it's too late.

Analysis

If you go by defense-independent stats, the Llamas' pitching might even out.

Analysis

Literally most of this team's losses have come against the Warriors. Besides those games, they're 6-6. So, now that they aren't playing the Warriors again for a while, things should be okay.

Analysis

Naturally.

Analysis

Inevitable.

Analysis

About as to be expected.

Analysis

These things happen.

Analysis

I still think this level of pitching is unsustainable.

Analysis

Thy will be Dunn
Thy dingers come
In Bolton as on Earth.

Analysis

Given that this team is a mixture of 10,000 bad ideas, it's doing pretty okay!

Analysis

This team is staying in it, and that's pretty okay.

Analysis

NO!

Standings

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Oh my god I'm so sorry, mentholmoose

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I may need to put Donahue in the rotation with all these dinger temples around. But I'll stay the course for this coming week since we're not going to any of them, and hopefully the hitting stays hot.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

this is troubling

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

hm. My 36 year old ted williams has more stolen bases than dingers 3 weeks in.

that's probably not a good sign

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Put Han-Ram at third instead of Santo I guess.

e: Eh, if you don't want to do it, whatever; it probably won't make any difference.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 10, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Good thing I will not form a team this year!

Anyway since the Giants lost and we play in Rochester with their funky gimmick, it's time to make another lineup change to account for the gimmick.

code:
vs. RHP (no-DH)			vs. LHP (no-DH)
1. LF Joe Jackson		1. LF Joe Jackson
2. 2B Buddy Myer		2. SS Luke Appling
3. RF Harry Heilmann		3. RF Harry Heilmann
4. 1B Albert Pujols		4. 1B Albert Pujols
5. C Yogi Berra			5. C Ernie Lombardi
6. SS Luke Appling		6. CF Bob Johnson
7. CF Bob Johnson		7. 3B George Kell
8. 3B George Kell		8. 2B Bobby Doerr
9. Pitcher			9. Pitcher

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Okay Jose Fernandez only getting a couple strikeouts in that mini-gotw means it's time to unleash the Randy.

Randy Johnson to SP2
Jose Fernandez to minors

While I'm at it

Bubbles to minors
1924 Cliff Lee replaces him as starting C, batting 9th.

There that should fix my problem.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Pander posted:

There that should fix my problem.

Truly, this will make a great difference.

Now you'll win the division by 28 games, and not just 25!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Truly, this will make a great difference.

Now you'll win the division by 28 games, and not just 25!

So...that means I just gained 3 manager wins?

Sweet. My mWar is gonna be solid this season.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Mexicutioners have a positive run differential and there's no way that Edgar keeps hitting sub .200, and the pitching has been more or less fine other than Red Donahue of the 30 ERA (in 3 innings) Good job Griffey on smoking a bunch of dingers, and especially good job Babe Ruth on OBPing almost .500. I do feel the need to make one minor change though, Whitaker didn't OBP well enough last season and he's not doing enough right now to justify a spot that high in the lineup

Goslin to leadoff, Edgar to #2, Whitaker to Goslins spot in all lineups

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe Hornsby at 2B isn't the answer kw0134...

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Ugh, Monsoon. I need to find additional Howard Johnsons and Matt Williams'. Your defense is atrocious. A few more Grit glands should help with that. He probably isn't diving for enough balls.

Please replace HoWilliams Monsoon with Chipper Jones.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Pander posted:

Maybe Hornsby at 2B isn't the answer kw0134...
Time for the Buddy Myer Experience!

Let's give Buddy Myer some play time at 2B. Replace Hornsby with Buddy in all lineups.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
I SWEAR TO GOD PITCHING STAFF IF YOU DON'T STOP SUCKING I WILL TURN THIS GODDAMNED CAR RIGHT AROUND AND WE'LL GO HOME TO THE SUBPAR LEAGUE

juan marichal to long relief, spahn in his spot

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Straight White Shark posted:

I've got a great rotation (in a parallel universe where Addie Joss manages to not immediately die in his prime) and a decent infield. Given the current state of my team we could be the Black and Blues.

Are you still up for this? I hadn't checked the thread in a couple days...

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

tadashi posted:

Are you still up for this? I hadn't checked the thread in a couple days...

Sure.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, I still need a tag partner. I bring OF and SP.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
never posted but me and mrnoun is teamin up, we'll make the team, uh, at some point

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Why is this working? Never mind, forget I asked that. Just keep working.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
The new update style is a lot of fun.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

DannoMack posted:

The new update style is a lot of fun.

Yeah, the semi-episodic nature rewards going through each, easier to keep reading than having each week be a new entity entirely. And the mini-recaps/summaries are pretty boss too.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

TheMcD posted:

Why is this working? Never mind, forget I asked that. Just keep working.

I mean, you've been beating up almost exclusively on the Jobbers and Llamas

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am really enjoying both the longform story and the Signs of the Apocalypse breakdown of the games of the week, because as someone who's knowledge is not Comprehensive, seeing that on its own is also as fun as reading about the adventures of the Ws and Marmosets. Hopefully it's less of a workload on you, Smasher, because I really think it's a nice shakeup.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Really, anything that gets the name of Philoctetes out there is on point.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

The Merry Marauder posted:

Really, anything that gets the name of Philoctetes out there is on point.

Exactly , this season is justifying my lit courses in college.

Also thoroughly enjoying the new recaps.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The 11th Tag Team Championship Tournament: Writing Bad, Friendship Good

Tag Teams? TAG TEAMS!

The way this will work is that two teams, and it can be any two teams, whether they be from the Super-League, the Sub-Par League, or some sort of unholy union between a team from the Super-League and a team from the Sub-Par League, will team up to form a super-team, with each team providing two of the following four components:

-Infield (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, DH, two backup IFs)
-Outfield and Catcher (C, LF, CF, RF, a backup C, and two backup OFs)
-Starting Rotation (SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5)
-Bullpen (CL, SU, SR, SR, MR, LR)

The winners get the greatest gift I am capable of giving: Immortality! That's right, the teams who win this tournament will be immune from relegation or demotion for a full season! And if you are in the Sub-Par league and are part of the winning tag team, you'll automatically be promoted to the Super-League proper for Super-League XXII, a season that hurts my head just thinking about it.

Somehow, and I blame all of you, the two-time defending tag team champions are Arcade MACHINE, who are looking to be the first team ever to win a third straight tag team crown (winning two in a row being oddly common). I really, really do expect at least one team to be able to take down Arcade MACHINE, given that it's run by Beet, who's not here, and Yaya, who is Yaya.

So, find yourself a partner, combine material from each of your teams, and create a child team that you both will cherish and nurture right up until it goes off to the tournament and disappoints you greatly. And then, you will know how your parents feels every time they think about you.

Participating Teams!
Arcade MACHINE (Sindhi Sheikhs/World Warriors) (c)
The Baker-Bader Connection (Burns' Zephyrs/Base Cloggers)
Scary Monsters and Super Freaks (Innsmouth Lookers/Modern Love)
Guernica (Rochester Generics/Portland Panderers)
CanaDA Bomb! (Oklahoma City Bombers/RCMP)
Team Head Hurt (Hoboken Zephyrs/Mexico City Mexicutioners)
Team Malformation (Nega-Llamas/Midway Mobsters)
Maniac Animemaniacs of Mania (Houston Hol Horses/Enix Slimes)
Twin Cities Triad (Marmos/Commission)
Paper Knights (Glasonbury Knights/Origami Tsunamis)
Hellhounds (Krakow Dragons/Corgi Corgis)
The CooL Guys (Khartoum Doom/Kobe Crows)
Black and Blues (tadashi's team/Omaha Forgettables)
Bad Ideas (Aperture Scientists/Luna Landers)

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

I know what you're thinking. That it's a bit early for this. But after going to court in the morning, and putting in a few hours of work in the office, I decided that I probably should leave 90 minutes early because of this fever I have. I think that the fever is a product of my poor work ethic, to be honest.

Week 4 Injury Report

Aperture Scientists
Robb Nen (RP) (Well, that's not so bad!) - 9 days
Dizzy Dean (SP) (This is bad, though) - 95 days

Base Cloggers
Lou Gehrig (1B) (In Dusty, we trusty) - 9 days

Minnesota Commission
Chief Bender (SP) (BENT!) - 8 days
Eddie Mathews (3B) (Mandatory holiday!) - 11 days

Oklahoma City Bombers
Eddie Collins (2B) (I said use Hornsby, drat it!) - 16 days
Albert Pujols (1B) (This is what happens when you don't listen to me!) - 13 days

RCMP
A Babe Ruth (OF) (BAH!) - 45 days

Sindhi Sheikhs
Bill Castro (RP) (Who?) - 24 days

South Bolton Eazy W's
Nap Lajoie (IF) (Bellhorn forever!) - 14 days

South Shore Gumshoes
Gabby Hartnett (C) (Nyquil kicking in...) - 12 days

Pick 'em: No wonder Smasher has depression, he couldn't even tough out a full day in the office with a cold.

Triple Crown Championships
RCMP (c) @ Hoboken Zephyrs

European Championship
Khartoum Doom (c) @ South Bolton Eazy W's

United States Championship
Minnesota Commission @ World Warriors (c)

Heavyweight and Cruiserweight Championships
Oklahoma City Bombers @ Genoa Janus (c)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Champs retain.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Pick 'em: No wonder Smasher has depression, he couldn't even tough out a full day in the office with a cold.

European Championship

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Pick 'em: Bombers take, the rest retain.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Champs Retain.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Champs Retain. Sorry to hear about your cold, Smasher.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

European Championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Champs retain.