Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

crusader_complex posted:

edward james palmos

moooooooods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fort-lauderdale-shooting-victim-says-he-was-saved-by-his-laptop_us_587093cde4b099cdb0fd604f

thanks, timb!

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
new macbook use case found

ufarn
May 30, 2009
the only way to get a sensible number of ports

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
imagine if it was a plastic Dell or whatever lmao

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
coroner's report: "subject would likely have lived if his computer wasn't a piece of poo poo, lmao"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Linguica posted:

Guess what happened on January 9 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN4U5FqrOdQ

lol if you dont want watch this every morning and do all the moves with the main character steve jobs

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

coroner's report: "subject would likely have lived if his computer wasn't a piece of poo poo, lmao"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

poty posted:

lol if you dont want watch this every morning and do all the moves with the main character steve jobs

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM APPLE EARBUDS INTO MY 4S. IT PLAYS THE 2007 iPHONE PRESENTATION AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, STEVE. I USE EVERY APP AND I USE EVERY APP HARD. MAKING DIALING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CALLS OR EVEN WHEN I HOLD IT WRONG. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY INVENTED THE BEST SELLING PHONE BRAND IN HISTORY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN REDDIT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE ON /R/ CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LYFT.

best I could do

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MORNing

ya chump

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I still like apple and apple products because I'm not dumb enough to use them as my primary access device

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

got to deal with the new MBP with touch bar at work

keyboard feels cheap and typing loving sucks - the thing is flat

as suspected the touchbar is loving dumb

the giant touchpad -- is ok.... but still way to big'

gently caress YOU 4 USB-C PORTS -- DONGLE loving CITY

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mister Macys posted:

THEN I LYFT.

ok that's pretty good

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I HAVE FOUR USB PORTS ON ONE TYPE-C LAPTOP, YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

We should use this as the primary argument for why apple should stop making their laptops thinner and crappier, the 2016 for sure won't stop any bullets

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and the swift lead just left

rip apple

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

swift was such a weird aberration in apples approach to things. it certainly does not matter to apple, or anyone else

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

triple sulk posted:

and the swift lead just left

rip apple

you can't rip what is already dead

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

swift was such a weird aberration in apples approach to things. it certainly does not matter to apple, or anyone else

perfect pile for ibm to keep shoveling on!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i've never used it but objective c is a disaster. couldn't be any worse than that trash fire.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

doesn't swift lose source code compatibility between every major versions, which is like every year?

swift - planned obsolescence in your code

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Vintersorg posted:

got to deal with the new MBP with touch bar at work

keyboard feels cheap and typing loving sucks - the thing is flat

as suspected the touchbar is loving dumb

the giant touchpad -- is ok.... but still way to big'

gently caress YOU 4 USB-C PORTS -- DONGLE loving CITY

does it have a headphone port or a lightening port

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

go play outside Skyler posted:

doesn't swift lose source code compatibility between every major versions, which is like every year?

swift - planned obsolescence in your code

only while they get the language details sorted out. better that then having to drag around ancient legacy crap forever because the 1.0 compiler did things a certain way a la C++.

iirc swift 3.1 is supposed to have source code compatibility going forward and swift 4.0 will bring binary/ABI compatibility.

until then Apple ships translators that can (usually) update code written in old versions to the latest one.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

akadajet posted:

i've never used it but objective c is a disaster. couldn't be any worse than that trash fire.

i've had to use it a few times in the past. now refuse outright to consider it. ditto xcode.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
people really don't like objective c?

I found it pretty refreshing coming from c/c++

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i was actually pleasantly surprised by the new mbp keyboard, although the retina macbook one is still dumb dogshit

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Doc Block posted:

people really don't like objective c?

I found it pretty refreshing coming from c/c++
it's fine

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Welcome Chris Lattner
The Tesla Team
January 10, 2017

We would like to welcome Chris Lattner, who will join Tesla as our Vice President of Autopilot Software. Chris’ reputation for engineering excellence is well known. He comes to Tesla after 11 years at Apple where he was primarily responsible for creating Swift, the programming language for building apps on Apple platforms and one of the fastest growing languages for doing so on Linux. Prior to Apple, Chris was lead author of the LLVM Compiler Infrastructure, an open source umbrella project that is widely used in commercial products and academic research today.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i was actually pleasantly surprised by the new mbp keyboard, although the retina macbook one is still dumb dogshit
the macbook one is literally one step removed from typing on an ipad screen, it loving sucks

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

The Management posted:

Welcome Chris Lattner
The Tesla Team
January 10, 2017

We would like to welcome Chris Lattner, who will join Tesla as our Vice President of Autopilot Software. Chris’ reputation for engineering excellence is well known. He comes to Tesla after 11 years at Apple where he was primarily responsible for creating Swift, the programming language for building apps on Apple platforms and one of the fastest growing languages for doing so on Linux. Prior to Apple, Chris was lead author of the LLVM Compiler Infrastructure, an open source umbrella project that is widely used in commercial products and academic research today.

And here we all thought it was Tim Cook trying to keep just Jony Ive happy that Apple was wasting time designing cars.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 10, 2017

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The Management posted:

Welcome Chris Lattner
The Tesla Team
January 10, 2017

mamma mia

St Evan Echoes posted:

the macbook one is literally one step removed from typing on an ipad screen, it loving sucks
ya im gonna get my dad one cause he still does hunt-and-peck but i cant imagine any other reasonable use case

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

same

ufarn
May 30, 2009
timb cook can't even retain the cafeteria lady

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

The Management posted:

Welcome Chris Lattner
The Tesla Team
January 10, 2017

next version of autopilot coded entirely in emojis

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Spoke with someone from CNN's ops department a couple years ago - "Macs handle small arms fire significantly better than any other field equipment we assign"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i just purchased a $29.99 USD adapter that goes from Thunderbolt 2 (the apple monitor cable) to Thunderbolt 3 aka USB-C so that i could make my apple thunderbolt monitor connect to my pc. in addition, i had to buy a thunderbolt 3 expansion card specifically for my motherboard ($59.99).

thapple.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

whoops i signed myp; ost

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i just purchased a $29.99 USD adapter that goes from Thunderbolt 2 (the apple monitor cable) to Thunderbolt 3 aka USB-C so that i could make my apple thunderbolt monitor connect to my pc. in addition, i had to buy a thunderbolt 3 expansion card specifically for my motherboard ($59.99).

thapple.

you can buy a 4k dell p2415q for $375
that has displayport/mini displayport, hdmi connectors and a usb 3 hub built in new with a 3 year warranty

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

mishaq posted:

you can buy a 4k dell p2415q for $375
that has displayport/mini displayport, hdmi connectors and a usb 3 hub built in new with a 3 year warranty

yeah but it's like a TN panel made in 2006.

you only want to buy the good dell monitors, not the garbage tier poo poo. it is replacing a U2012 amazing tier monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is an ips panel introduced in the end of 2014

• Locked thread