Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
So somewhere around 6 figures in just prize money, plus salary plus stickers/merch. Thanks for nothing Dad, for making me go to college.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Best part is that they aren't even good lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Best part is that they aren't even good lol
Don't poo poo talk my dead gay Danes. :mad:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
danes bad. so what?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/esea/GoodHareSSSsss

the warriors blew a 3-1 lead

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbm2VG1Eqco

goons with tec-9s ruining my dank plays.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
ESEA was hacked and everyone has -1337 karma. anyone in pugs at the time was unable to buy anything. might try to uninstall my client when i get home just in case their stuff was super compromised

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

stump collector posted:

ESEA was hacked and everyone has -1337 karma. anyone in pugs at the time was unable to buy anything. might try to uninstall my client when i get home just in case their stuff was super compromised

At this point ESEA's account security is just a farce. I actually shared passwords between my old ESEA account and my eBay account (I have a few general passwords for non-important stuff) and some guy in America accessed my eBay account and tried to buy a bunch of poo poo. About a week later ESEA announced that their poo poo had been compromised, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was where they got the password from.

Fortunately all my e-mail, banking, identity stuff I have a bunch of unique and decent passwords for and none of the transactions went through.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
An ESEA employee said they set all that stuff accidentally while running tests or something, so I don't think it was necessarily a security breach, just someone loving up in their testing environment.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone have another recoil/spray guide? The one in the OP is dead.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

canoshiz posted:

An ESEA employee said they set all that stuff accidentally while running tests or something, so I don't think it was necessarily a security breach, just someone loving up in their testing environment.

Yeah, I don't really trust that. This company has had enough shady poo poo in their past...

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Photex posted:

goons with tec-9s ruining my dank plays.

Hey now, my single tec-9 bullet fired pretty much at random was PRETTY CLUTCH TOO OKAY

E:

Dimo ArKacho posted:

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone have another recoil/spray guide? The one in the OP is dead.

Searching "CSGO spray patterns" will turn up an endless supply of guides, usually using the .Gifs made by twobird. Here's one that seems decent, didn't really read through it though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378325692

surc fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 8, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007
drat, di and the muffins were unable to beat the grateful taints

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Interesting old match of IBP vs. Fnatic featuring their comms

You can hear the tension and stress in their voices. I can't imagine being at LAN with that pressure

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

stump collector posted:

drat, di and the muffins were unable to beat the grateful taints

I watched this for a while but both teams played without coherent strats and made a lot of really strange decisions.

It was kinda frustrating to watch in the "why in gods name are you doing that" way.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Did anyone else get like 6 overwatch XP confirmations in a row?

I did overwatch twice this weekend and after marking people down as not guilty it's like the backlog of XP just came roaring in.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
http://www.csoonline.com/article/3155397/security/esea-hacked-1-5-million-records-leaked-after-alleged-failed-extortion-attempt.html

the hack on my favorite rootkit provider even worse than first thought 👌 👌 👌 💯

"The LeakedSource spokesperson said that the ESEA hack was part of a ransom scheme, as the hacker responsible demanded $50,000 in payment. In exchange for meeting their demands, the hacker would keep silent about the ESEA hack and help the organization address the security flaw that made it possible."

lol

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

http://www.csoonline.com/article/3155397/security/esea-hacked-1-5-million-records-leaked-after-alleged-failed-extortion-attempt.html

the hack on my favorite rootkit provider even worse than first thought 👌 👌 👌 💯

"The LeakedSource spokesperson said that the ESEA hack was part of a ransom scheme, as the hacker responsible demanded $50,000 in payment. In exchange for meeting their demands, the hacker would keep silent about the ESEA hack and help the organization address the security flaw that made it possible."

lol
Lol
But now it's even more unlikely to happen again in the future. All the more reason to trust ESEA from now on

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Dimo ArKacho posted:

To go the community workshops. Search for recoil master. Load the map offline, spray away.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
EvilBeard is a cool dude

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i guess 3 tyloo members were "banned" by their org, meaning they were found to be shopping around for new teams while on contract

so we may see some more awkward attempts to slot in eastern players to struggling NA teams, which is always funny and good

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
Can you add ready functions/queueing to the website with better game status info? Like score and a ready queue that pings you when the game ends and holds your spot for 30 seconds or something for you to get in the game?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

stump collector posted:

i guess 3 tyloo members were "banned" by their org, meaning they were found to be shopping around for new teams while on contract

so we may see some more awkward attempts to slot in eastern players to struggling NA teams, which is always funny and good

Tyloo gave a salary increase to everyone but attacker, somebody, and karsa (coach), and then tried to hide that they did this. Fancy refused to take a raise not being given to his teammates, and told them what happened.

These players got mad, decided to look elsewhere since their contracts expire Feb 1st (except for attacker) and Tyloo kicked them.

Then, Tyloo got their tournament buddies to ban these players from most Chinese tournaments.

Basically, gently caress orgs always.

edit: supposedly the ban is just until the contract expires Feb 1st (and January 2019 :( ), but still. Tyloo created this situation.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 9, 2017

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Famethrowa posted:

Basically, gently caress orgs always.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

looks like no hookers and blow for mousesports in vegas.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

GTR is casting :kimchi:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

my reverse psychology posting is working.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
GODSENT is out of the Vegas qualifier after having lost to PRIDE.

That is all.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Watching pro games on twitch is like watching a different game than what I play entirely. They all get instant kills no matter what so it's who sees who first. And they play as if there is no timer I don't even get how. I'm a CoD boi at heart and I rush around shooting wildly and can't not think "oh jesus there's only 45 seconds left why are you sitting watching a corner!!!"

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Watching pro games on twitch is like watching a different game than what I play entirely. They all get instant kills no matter what so it's who sees who first. And they play as if there is no timer I don't even get how. I'm a CoD boi at heart and I rush around shooting wildly and can't not think "oh jesus there's only 45 seconds left why are you sitting watching a corner!!!"

All of this is incorrect and ur just bad.

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 9, 2017

surc
Aug 17, 2004

You should probably try to learn a lesson from pro play you see on twitch, instead of playing this game like COD, fyi.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

The games is played on a whole different level. You don't understand what's actually going on is the problem. It's like you're a kid who's trying to learn physics. You got the basics like things fall but you don't understand that light acts like a wave and a particle. poo poo I still don't understand all of what they are doing.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

sterster posted:

The games is played on a whole different level. You don't understand what's actually going on is the problem. It's like you're a kid who's trying to learn physics. You got the basics like things fall but you don't understand that light acts like a wave and a particle. poo poo I still don't understand all of what they are doing.

*tips fedora*

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Even in the highest level of CS, it's not these people are operating on a fundamentally different level. All that is different between pro and regular schmuck play is how many layers of complexity.

Once you play for a bazillion hours, you're aware of almost every possible basic iteration of play on a map. i.e. you make a play and it will force a reaction, and you're aware of all of them. The question is which way an enemy team will react (for an IGL) and just individuals (as a regular shootmanner). And your opponent is aware that you will be doing that too.

This leads to what confuses the gently caress out of normal people watching, where pros will do something and then stare above a wall for 20 seconds, because they are anticipating a counterplay to their original play. Or they will make plays that do nothing and gain nothing, because they were hoping to bait out a particular rotation or peek.

You aren't dealing with great intellects or some poo poo like that, in fact many top players aren't exactly the brightest (IGL usually pretty switched on, however). It's more of a combination of like, bags of rote experience, good aim, and general cunning.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
for example mushu is clever as a fox

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

One thing that can help a lot is watching a pro go review other Pro matches.

adreN does a bunch of them, and he goes over the strats and what they are doing and not doing.

Here is one example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ12rjMASqg

Go to around 19:00 for Fnatics split B and what they did the change it up.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

sterster posted:

lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

sterster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS8X2Qp_6aA

i want to play cs with walter

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Man, I keep having the worst matchmaking luck recently. Every single match has a smurf who drops 45-50 kills. It's just loving annoying, I wish I wasn't so loving bad at this game and didn't have to deal with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Tevery Best posted:

Man, I keep having the worst matchmaking luck recently. Every single match has a smurf who drops 45-50 kills. It's just loving annoying, I wish I wasn't so loving bad at this game and didn't have to deal with that.

rank? are you going in with any teammates? do you know what you're doing?