Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My gym has the worst drat selection of TV channels on during the time of day I go to work out. Every once in a while they'll have The Jeffersons or Golden Girls on, but most of the time it's soap operas or country music videos :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Danaru posted:

My gym has the worst drat selection of TV channels on during the time of day I go to work out. Every once in a while they'll have The Jeffersons or Golden Girls on, but most of the time it's soap operas or country music videos :(

At least it's not the same few 10-30 year old "extreme" sport videos playing like in my gym. It's so irritating cause sometimes the program has a hiccup or something and plays the same 3min video over and over and still plays the next time I'm at the gym.

Who the gently caress cares about bungee jumping or competitive frisbee games. :suicide:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Not a gym but a food place because I'm a fatty, but the Japanese market always has these weird covers of songs (usually of The Beatles) sung by some high-pitched Japanese lady, and they're at minimum 50% slower tempo than the original song. It's grating. I was overjoyed when I heard some kind of j-pop last time I went.

Speaking of fat, I've put on about 20lbs based on my last hospital visit's scale. I'm still wearing my 24" h&m pants and 28" bra. Probably going to rip them but they still fit. Maybe cause all the fat is that deathly/dangerous one that surrounds your organs. Oh well.

I met my deductible last year so the last 3 hospital visits, and my costly medication in general, were free but it's a new year so now I have to pay :smith:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jan 10, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

Not a gym but a food place because I'm a fatty, but the Japanese market always has these weird covers of songs (usually of The Beatles) sung by some high-pitched Japanese lady, and they're at minimum 50% slower tempo than the original song. It's grating. I was overjoyed when I heard some kind of j-pop last time I went.

Speaking of fat, I've put on about 20lbs based on my last hospital visit's scale. I'm still wearing my 24" h&m pants and 28" bra. Probably going to rip them but they still fit. Maybe cause all the fat is that deathly/dangerous one that surrounds your organs. Oh well.

I met my deductible last year so the last 3 hospital visits, and my costly medication in general, were free but it's a new year so now I have to pay :smith:

There's a couple of these jingles on YouTube. A friend of mine has visited a store in akihabara exactly once and he still knows one of those jingles just because it's all that played inside.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Intoluene posted:

There's a couple of these jingles on YouTube. A friend of mine has visited a store in akihabara exactly once and he still knows one of those jingles just because it's all that played inside.

I googled akihabara and the first result is this. Goddamn that's a lot of ads.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Danaru posted:

This is partially why I stopped going to the gym in the rec center across the street. The treadmills all had little TVs on them so everyone could watch what they wanted individually, with closed captioning enabled- neat but for the fact that they were on some super lovely local broadcast or something because every loving channel was too staticy and distorted to watch.
Except History. Hope you like American Pickers and/or Pawn Stars, because that's all that's clear enough to watch! :suicide:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I loathe gas stations that have those BLARINGLY LOUD set of commercials on a video above the pump that play when your'e pumping your car. I can still hear it if I go into my car while it's fueling. It also has this sound right before it starts, like to try to comfort you. Kind of like a generic short song at the end of some commercials. doo~doo~doo ~*ding*~

Yes this peaceful nice sound is going to get me ok with the ads that follow it. It was obviously some marketing team that designed this. Marketing in general is poo poo. gently caress marketing.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Jan 10, 2017

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

genetic_knockout posted:

Anyways, the point is that as long as you aren't a dick, they will give no fucks and probs be on your side.

Thank you for this. I don't know if it's social anxiety or what but I always feel like I am bothering people.

Henker
May 5, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

I loathe gas stations that have those BLARINGLY LOUD set of commercials on a video above the pump that play when your'e pumping your car. I can still hear it if I go into my car while it's fueling. It also has this sound right before it starts, like to try to comfort you. Kind of like a generic short song at the end of some commercials. doo~doo~doo ~*ding*~

Yes this peaceful nice sound is going to get me ok with the ads that follow it. It was obviously some marketing team that designed this. Marketing in general is poo poo. gently caress marketing.

On that note, gently caress AM PM. They:

1. Don't take credit.
2. Charge you to use your debit card.
3. Have higher markups on food compared to most convenience stores.
4. Play ads at the pump.
5. Charge 20 cents for bags, which is double what everyone else charges.

I expect at least one of these from most gas stations, but not all of them at once.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

Intoluene posted:

Yodobashi Camera plays their theme song on repeat in the story, it's set to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic".

Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QSu1ZHunw

Inzombiac posted:

I applied for a job that I was really excited for.
Except there were two different versions and I applied for the wrong one. So now I have to wait six months.

It's mostly my fault but government hiring systems are not all that clear.

USAjobs? Take the most frustrating parts of finding a job and add an automatically filtering computer system based on keywords in your resume, then couple that with a complete and total lack of notifications for positions you've applied for, and finally make sure the search engine barely works. That's USAjobs.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

The only time I've seen this is at one particular gas station. I loathed it from the moment it was installed. It was the same 30 seconds of absolutely obnoxious adverts over and over. I haven't been to that station in a long while but if I had watched ESPN at all I'd have stopped out of spite after those damned commercials on that thing. I'm also now significantly less motivated to ever stop at that gas station, ever.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

BuddyChrist posted:

Yodobashi Camera plays their theme song on repeat in the story, it's set to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic".

Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QSu1ZHunw

Yep, that's the one. Only needed the first couple of bars.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's been raining really hard this past week but I keep hearing firetrucks constantly. Why the gently caress do people need fire trucks when it's raining.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's been raining really hard this past week but I keep hearing firetrucks constantly. Why the gently caress do people need fire trucks when it's raining.

First responders and stuff.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

While trying to even it out, I ended up trimming my beard to be far too short.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Thin Privilege posted:

I loathe gas stations that have those BLARINGLY LOUD set of commercials on a video above the pump that play when your'e pumping your car.

I remember being in a men's room once (I think at an airport?) that had video screens in the hand dryers so every time someone dried their hands an ad would play but you couldn't hear it over the noise of the hand dryer so it just became this insane cacophony of white noise. I'd love to know which marketing genius came up with that idea.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Got my flu shot this morning and now my arm hurts a little.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loathes those gas station TV things. At least the ones in taxicabs can be muted.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BuddyChrist posted:

USAjobs? Take the most frustrating parts of finding a job and add an automatically filtering computer system based on keywords in your resume, then couple that with a complete and total lack of notifications for positions you've applied for, and finally make sure the search engine barely works. That's USAjobs.

YEP!
Bane of my whole life. Even when you say, "Please email me ANY time this agency has an opening" the system has a 90% chance to report you to the police instead.
Thankfully I know someone working at where I want to go and he's going to help me navigate the process.

I called off sick today and got some much needed rest. However, a sudden freak snowstorm hit midday and will not end until tomorrow night. I have no clue how I'm going to get to work.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm about to start watching a YouTube video but my current and next track on iTunes are both really good so I don't want to pause them. I have to wait, like, 5 minutes, probably less because they're short tracks. :geno:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I want to go to Dublin AND Oslo for my 30th birthday, and I want to go to Dublin slightly more since I've never been there before, but Oslo is way less expensive. :smith:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Things can start on fire even when it's raining, hth

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Also people driving off the road because they're loving idiots.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bradzilla posted:

Things can start on fire even when it's raining, hth

I'm just tired of the noise. Stop getting things on fire.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I want to go to Dublin AND Oslo for my 30th birthday, and I want to go to Dublin slightly more since I've never been there before, but Oslo is way less expensive. :smith:

Even with the fall in their currency, there's no way Oslo is cheaper than Dublin.

Dublin ain't exactly cheap but Oslo is one of the most expensive cities in the entire world, let alone Europe.

If you reached that conclusion by looking at deals online, I'd definitely check again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I can't find my favorite workout shirt and I'm worried I either accidentally A. left it at my in-law's house overseas while visiting them last month, or B. sorted it in with my wife's laundry and she put it away. It might as well be on the surface of Mars if either of those happened.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Almost every single person did not show up for work except my department because we are loving baller motherfuckers and no snow is going to stop us.

But I'm not out playing in the snow.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
My job is becoming more and more corporate, sure the benefits and pay are better and we don't have millions in debt crushing us now that we have a new competent CEO but I miss the Wild West, fly by the seat of your pants style we used to have. I can't do anything now without filing a bunch of paper work and having it approved by about three different teams and their executives. I just wanna fix the network. Not file a form, wait three days, find out the scope of work I've been granted is too small to actually properly troubleshoot the issue and then file an addendum to the form. Urgh.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

The awesome thing about my gym is that all the cardio machines have their own built-in TVs in their tablet-like screens. The two downsides that are FWPish:

- When I go to the gym is early in the morning, so there's not a lot of decent things to watch
- The machines have Internet access, so I can watch YouTube instead... but I suppose to save data, you're limited to some lovely resolution (640x480? Maybe?).

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
New Pokemon Go nests changes yesterday but all the close parks to me have utter garbage in them. There were at least 15 different mon they could have put in, but instead just repeated poo poo. The parks were all packed for the past month, and even without the holiday stuff, the month before had great nests. Now the parks will be empty.

Also the gently caress is the point of having the same Pokemon spawn in 6 loving parks across the metro area!

FWP: people asking me in shock "you still play that Pokemon Go?" when they are on their seventh year of WoW.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're right.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I caught someone high in my organization plagiarising my work on a variety of occasions.
They will go unpunished because they sit at the right hand of the big boss.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Was at the cafe just now, decided I'd buy some tea to take home since I rarely drink it and the last batch I had was some really nice stuff I brought back from Hong Kong, well it smells like fish and tastes like it, not a happy purchase. :mad:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I finally set up my bed but I've been sleeping on the same bed for the past 6 years so it felt weird, so I slept poorly, waking up sideways. It's a full sized mattress so my legs past my knees and most of my arms were hanging off the sides.

The bed also feels like a hotel bed for the following reasons:

-I set my bed frame to be high off the ground but I didn't realize how high it would be with the thick mattress + 3" memory foam so it's REALLY high off the ground like a hotel bed would be.
-I had to get new sheets and pillows because my old ones were filthy and disgusting, and I got microfiber sheets, so it's super fancy and clean and new.
-The sheets are white.

I accidentally ordered a queen sized duvet cover but my comforter is full sized so there's a ton of extra empty fabric. It's not really a big deal, but I would have liked a full sized one. Unfortunately I can't return it because I have no other sheets to sleep on, and I had ordered it on amazon so it'd take 2 days to get new ones, and I don't need 2 sets, especially if one is the wrong size.

I had to get a waterproof mattress protector because my cats like to vomit on the bed, but it has this weird washcloth-like texture on the top which apparently in cat language means SCRATCH so my rear end in a top hat cat started scratching on it. Luckily I think she only got 2 small holes in it, but you moron, what is the point of having a waterproof mattress protector if there's holes in it?

The weird texture of the waterproof protector prevents me from feeling the silkiness of the microfiber fitted sheet so now I have to go to Target and get something to cover it.

The bed cover I got at IKEA is too small to fully cover the bed so I have to go back and exchange it, but IKEA is an hour away; plus, I have to lie and say I never used it. I've done it plenty of times before and it always works, but I always get a bit nervous that they'll deny me.e: I just saw that I took the tag off. This will make exchanging it much more difficult :(

I have a caffeine withdrawal headache.

e: my iPhone keeps switching off of my wifi connection for no reason and goes back to LTE. It occasionally forgets the network for some mysterious reason. And right now it can't even find the network even though I have full signal on my computer :iiam:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Jan 15, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I played too much Audiosurf today and now my wrist hurts.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have the poops. 🚽

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A friend bought me Rimworld and it's so fun that I want to take a day off of work.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inzombiac posted:

A friend bought me Rimworld and it's so fun that I want to take a day off of work.

Enjoy putting like 90 hours into it over the next three days.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I get real mad when on tumblr I see posts exclaiming "omg i ship these 2 ppl isnt that weird does anyone ship them too???!!!!111" and they are talking about a relationship that is literally canon, these two characters are actually in some kind of romantic relationship in the entertainment medium under discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Don't ever go on Tumblr.