Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

In low elo it's pretty OP to just sit it under your tier 1 turret then go do things around the rest of the map.

I like to set it top/bot to push inner/inhib turrets and then inevitably when someone responds to it force a fight on the other side of the map but yeah it also helps stop the bleeding when you're under a lot of pressure.

Mostly I just wish boc did a better job of doing the same thing, you have to be super careful using it or it'll actually build up a split push against you. Imo zzrot should be the defensive option and boc should be the offensive option but zzrot is better at both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Warwick, the Uncaged Wrath of Zaun

really

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It sounds like they got in a fight

"Check this: Warwick- THE UNCAGED"

"No way man: Warwick- THE WRATH OF ZAUN"

---three hours and a pair of broken nerd glasses later---

"We've decided he's Warwick, the Uncaged Wrath of Zaun. SHIP IT"

"Ship it."

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
As someone who plays poppy like 50% of the time I feel like I got off veeeery light. I also had a smile on my face when I saw the Lee sin ult damage dumpstered. Weird that they didn't touch everyone's most hated bush cat, maybe they think the jungle xp nerfs will just sort it out?

Also seems they still haven't noticed how hosed up the hitbox on nauts hook is. Good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Lovechop posted:

Warwick, the Uncaged Wrath of Zaun

really

Gapclose, the gapcloser

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

As someone who plays poppy like 50% of the time I feel like I got off veeeery light. I also had a smile on my face when I saw the Lee sin ult damage dumpstered. Weird that they didn't touch everyone's most hated bush cat, maybe they think the jungle xp nerfs will just sort it out?

Also seems they still haven't noticed how hosed up the hitbox on nauts hook is. Good.

Yeah I'm really surprised Rengar didn't get nerfed but his soloqueue win rate isn't that good across all elos, so maybe that's the reason? I don't know. Like you said, they may be taking a hands-off approach to junglers since they're hitting jungle exp.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
2 seconds off poppy shield means you'll actually have a window where you can fight back and damage her health, lee has needed a damage nerf on his ult for awhile since you were dead if he had a little AD and just ward hopped > kicked > Q'ed, but you'd be surprised how many lee players have difficulty landing that followup Q on a CCed target.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm feeling really attacked right now

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
XP changes hit Rengar harder than most, because it delays his level six by so much.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Portals real strength is when you are down a inhib being able to just lay the portal at your nexus and consider the lane handled, giving your team mobility to roam as 5 without someone having to deal with the minions and losing your nexus at the end of a 5vs5.

I personally like the ability to just plop it down during a tower siege and win the tower in the middle of the ensuing teamfight because the enemy team was too busy trying to make sicknasty mlg plays instead of autoattack a portal 5 times between them.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

XP changes hit Rengar harder than most, because it delays his level six by so much.

good

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
how did they not nerf poppy's q damage. also nice random drive by karma nerf, but i guess they don't need to worry about support being fun now that adc is the trash role for self hating idiots.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dumb question, is Warwick not slated for the patch that's just been noted?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Orv posted:

Dumb question, is Warwick not slated for the patch that's just been noted?

He's only going on PBE now so I'd expect 7.2

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

mirrorquiz posted:

how did they not nerf poppy's q damage. also nice random drive by karma nerf, but i guess they don't need to worry about support being fun now that adc is the trash role for self hating idiots.

Karma being powerful makes support SO unfun. If they want all-in lane bully ADCs to be viable they need to do the same for supports (Leona buffs pls)

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Riots streaming new Warwick ATM. Phone posting so no link for you

Whoever's doing it is very fond of tower diving (but not getting the kill)

el dingo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 10, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
https://www.twitch.tv/leagueoflegends

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hey, speaking of CotC, Riot seems to have realized they hosed it. Current PBE iteration knocks down the shield value to 3/level (+5% of your maximum health) for each nearby enemy champion for 3 seconds (previously 10 + 10/level). That's a pretty massive decrease in its base value.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Wouldn't Warwick's new E be totally obnoxious for trading in toplane? Self defense buff with some CC at the end to work in a couple of free autos

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The leap on new Warwick ult is :stonk:

Orv
May 4, 2011
So obviously the ultimate Warwick build is PD, Trinity, Dead Man's Plate, Duskblade, Righteous Glory and Swiftness Boots, then turn on W and Ghost. Ult is now half global.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 11, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

el dingo posted:

Wouldn't Warwick's new E be totally obnoxious for trading in toplane? Self defense buff with some CC at the end to work in a couple of free autos

well yeah. i am pretty sure that is 90% of the reason they added it, as to allow for top lane warwick... but when is riot going to loving support wardwick. fucks sakes. they took out his aoe attack speed buff so now we will never be able to appreciate the power of relic shield foxwolves.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

well yeah. i am pretty sure that is 90% of the reason they added it, as to allow for top lane warwick

Err.... pretty sure it's so he has gank option pre 6 and a button to press in teamfights besides R.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

kingcobweb posted:

Karma being powerful makes support SO unfun. If they want all-in lane bully ADCs to be viable they need to do the same for supports (Leona buffs pls)

but...my ranged supports, my precious ranged supports. i guess there's no reason to draven or whatever without good all in potentional tho. let's get some width on that leona hook back then.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Err.... pretty sure it's so he has gank option pre 6 and a button to press in teamfights besides R.

hence the 10%. math bro. numbers mean stuff.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
any of karma, lulu, janna, zilean, sivir in a comp with warwick would be pretty silly

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

hence the 10%. math bro. numbers mean stuff.

Yeah, I'm saying you're wrong, and the guy whose entire kit and identity revolves around running really fast out of the jungle to jump on people is being designed exclusively with jungle in mind and will only end up in top lane by accident.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

The leap on new Warwick ult is :stonk:

It scales in range on his movespeed????

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Crazy Larry posted:

Yeah, I'm saying you're wrong, and the guy whose entire kit and identity revolves around running really fast out of the jungle to jump on people is being designed exclusively with jungle in mind and will only end up in top lane by accident.

there is no way riot did not think about top lane warwick at all when making the character. 0.1% chance. virtually impossible. people like to say riot is inept or bad at their job but there is no level of incompetence which results in a character being drafted and nobody bringing up his most successful historical lane at any point in the design process.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

It scales in range on his movespeed????

Yeeeeeeeeeeep.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

there is no way riot did not think about top lane warwick at all when making the character. 0.1% chance. virtually impossible. people like to say riot is inept or bad at their job but there is no level of incompetence which results in a character being drafted and nobody bringing up his most successful historical lane at any point in the design process.

Yep, just like there's no level of incompetence that leads to them introducing a scaling on hit jungle item that has to be repeatedly nerfed and reworked because they forgot to account for the jungler who most heavily abuses on hit items.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I played my first ever lee sin game. In it, I earned my first ever quadra kill.

The champ seems hard though.

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
all you have to do is walk up and kick them...its so goddamn easy. if i can win games with lee anyone can.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Make it so his q doesn't grant vision and he has to have vision to jump.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
No.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
So his Q clamps onto a flashing/dashing target when you hold it down, moving you with them and placing you behind them if I'm reading right?

Also his Hyena skin makes him look like a Mad Max monster mash, I love it. Hope they make him laugh even more than he used to.

vv: Clamp onto that Shen as he spirits away to another lane.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 11, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
Right. Also CertainlyT said it'll follow teleports as well, so look forward to the Warwick Qing into enemy fountain montages.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yes... excuse his grammar...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Holy poo poo Hyena Warwick looks fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Also Big Bad Warwick wears an oven glove and has a glowing rolling pin embedded in his back.

Servaetes posted:

Holy poo poo Hyena Warwick looks fantastic

Gotta love the V8 mounted on his back.

• Locked thread