Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

how many indefinitely valid 'test' certs are active, and may i borrow one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

much like the store going opensource i didn't hear no so will patiently check my inbox

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

ugh you're gonna make me dig into radium code so i can remember how this poo poo works, hang on

no don't :ohdear:

that is not dead which can eternal lie

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
it's kinda amazing that sa has gone as long as it has without getting completely owned in some fashion

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Or maybe it does on a weekly basis and I never listen

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

someone was dumb enough to use heartbleed

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Tayter Swift posted:

it's kinda amazing that sa has gone as long as it has without getting completely owned in some fashion

SA has been owned. There's a username and password dump floating about from 2004/2005

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

someone was dumb enough to use heartbleed

Not a big deal though!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

OSI bean dip posted:

SA has been owned. There's a username and password dump floating about from 2004/2005

that was twelve years ago

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Tayter Swift posted:

that was twelve years ago

that may be but you didn't specify a time frame either

also search has had stored xss issues as of last year

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

zen death robot posted:

look the NRC is gonna come down on my rear end if i expose the public to that much radium

lmao

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

zen death robot posted:

I even fixed all the idiotic word-based SQL passwords

first read this as a winword.exe-based authentication system, thanks radium

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

zen death robot posted:

look the NRC is gonna come down on my rear end if i expose the public to that much radium

:laffo:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

zen death robot posted:

wasnt that fixed as well

are the regression tests passing?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zen death robot posted:

:lol:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

OSI bean dip posted:

to be fair. when that leak happened, radium forced everyone to change their password to a 12 (or 16+) character password with mandatory minimum symbol representation.

for a long time even in yospos, and before mainstream password vaults, SA had the most secure requirements of most social media.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

remember when myspace sent passwords in plaintext without HTTPS, and most wifi was unencrypted?

i sure do, what a glorious time it was to be a nerd who knew what wireshark was :3:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
true.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
remember firesheep?

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

BiohazrD posted:

just use paypal

SA got banned from paypal a long time ago, the bittorrent forums or chargebacks or the katrina donation drive or something I don't really remember anymore.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

OSI bean dip posted:

remember firesheep?
i was trying to remember the name of this one

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DuckConference posted:

SA got banned from paypal a long time ago, the bittorrent forums or chargebacks or the katrina donation drive or something I don't really remember anymore.

Katrina.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

DuckConference posted:

It wasn't that SA got banned but rather Lowtax got pissed off at how PayPal handled large sums of money coming in. He was annoyed that they froze the funds and wouldn't let him give it to the Red Cross.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

OSI bean dip posted:

It wasn't that SA got banned but rather Lowtax got pissed off at how PayPal handled large sums of money coming in. He was annoyed that they froze the funds and wouldn't let him give it to the Red Cross.

I mean it made sense at the time but in retrospect that was probably a dumb way to do it anyway.

The blog posts from that guy who kept the datacenter running were neat, although again in retrospect fuckin weird.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

zen death robot posted:

:drat:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i also used to work at steadfast and i would have been negromancer's boss if i didn't have the sense to get out of there well before he started

i can post my business card with my useless D-level title if you want but i'm also not as eager to doxx myself so everything will be blacked out

ask me anything I guess? i can tell you that negromancer had to grossly overstep his access and responsibility if he had a shadow of a chance of doing what he said he did, and there's no way he could have done that without chocotaco noticing that a disk just sort of vanished out of a raid array for no reason

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

minivanmegafun posted:

i also used to work at steadfast and i would have been negromancer's boss if i didn't have the sense to get out of there well before he started

i can post my business card with my useless D-level title if you want but i'm also not as eager to doxx myself so everything will be blacked out

ask me anything I guess? i can tell you that negromancer had to grossly overstep his access and responsibility if he had a shadow of a chance of doing what he said he did, and there's no way he could have done that without chocotaco noticing that a disk just sort of vanished out of a raid array for no reason

can you get me a job

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A Pinball Wizard posted:

can you get me a job

just post your resume here and a steadfast operator will notice it in the database

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I work at a hosting company and we host a company that makes pasta, I am going to log into their load balancer later and then it's BAM free pasta for life suckers!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

A Pinball Wizard posted:

can you get me a job

they only hire people who read the first sentence of posts

Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender
lol a company I'm interviewing at had an unsecured mongo instance get ransomewared very recently

Storysmith
Dec 31, 2006

Aquarium of Lies posted:

lol a company I'm interviewing at had an unsecured mongo instance get ransomewared very recently

well that's two reasons not to work there then
unless youre heading up a "get us off of mongo" project

Aquarium of Lies
Feb 5, 2005

sad cutie
:justtrans:

she/her
Taco Defender

Storysmith posted:

well that's two reasons not to work there then
unless youre heading up a "get us off of mongo" project

thankfully I'd be in a position to address both issues if I get/take the job

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

DuckConference posted:

:thejoke:

Storysmith
Dec 31, 2006

so what's going to be the next security punching bag nosql database

I would bet redis except it would have to actually keep useful data in it long enough for a hacker to connect

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Paypal is trash for idiots qtiyd

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Paypal is trash for idiots qtiyd

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:agreed: microsoft hell fucker

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aquarium of Lies posted:

They got what was coming to them imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

spankmeister posted:

They got what was coming to them imo

if you're running mongo you have to assume all your data could just vanish at any point, so it probably wasn't even a big deal

• Locked thread