Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Eat loving turds, movie toy are (or were) loving rad and your average ROTF figure is in the top 10% of all toys made in human history.

gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Counterpoint: they look bad and are bad.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The movie toys are good, and furthermore, the movies are themselves good and made by a genius who hates us all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CineD is this way, friend.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

https://twitter.com/autobase_aichi/status/818817242561249281?lang=en

MP Movie Bumblebee.

Looks great but if he's stuck with curling-iron arms, we riot.

This is not the same mold released previously (with ROTF Leader Starscream) in Japan as Movie MP? Both have curling Iron arms iirc.

The stealth Ops mold I think?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's a new mold. It's also the most accurate version of the movie 1 design as far as sculpt and transformation yet.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

Eat loving turds, movie toy are (or were) loving rad and your average ROTF figure is in the top 10% of all toys made in human history.

gently caress you.

Movies bad, toys based on movies bad, some other toys released in movies line good.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Thinking ROTF Prime is bad should disqualify you from liking Transformers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If I wanted to see an ugly pile of metal and spikes, I'd take some red and blue spraypaint cans to the scrapyard, OP.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
The RotF and RtS lines are some of the best Transformers toys ever released, and I will fight you over it. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

gently caress you.

Don't spaz, man. The movie-based figures aren't amazing most of the time but the non-movie moviebots can be great.

DoctorWhat posted:

The movie toys are good, and furthermore, the movies are themselves good and made by a genius who hates us all.
Oh no he's having a stroke :ohdear:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

DoctorWhat posted:

I hate transformers then

The Michael Bay movies and toys based on them are bad, and you should feel bad

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

You're my favorite.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I will concede that DotM deluxe Roadbuster sucks the big one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I cannot wait for MP Movie Bumblebee but if he doesn't have wrist swivels someone on this planet will have to die. It's unfortunate but true.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I cannot wait for MP Movie Bumblebee but if he doesn't have wrist swivels someone on this planet will have to die. It's unfortunate but true.

Okay. Have fun with the murder then.

I can't wait to not spend money on MP Movie Bumblebee and put $150 or however much it is in my bank account instead

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Okay. Have fun with the murder then.

I can't wait to not spend money on MP Movie Bumblebee and put $150 or however much it is in my bank account instead

Oh shut up. We all know that you're going to spend that $150 on another Transformer.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Oh shut up. We all know that you're going to spend that $150 on another Transformer.

It's true. :ssh:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't buy an MP version of any of the movie stuff but the movie toys were undeniably cool a lot of the time and resulted in some really innovative designs and engineering, I still have a small shelf of the deluxes because they're so great

I mean goddamn Breacher and SeaSpray man, they're some of the greatest Transformers ever made

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

I'm looking at the pictures trying to find some minimal proof of wrist rotation. Come on, guys just a mm or two to calm my fears. Don't do ROTF Starscream all over again. Fucker moves his fingers and even has ankle tilt and does the wheel-inside-the foot thing, don't screw it up at the finish line!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

I would like to erase the Bay films from history entirely but RotF Prime is probably one of the top 10 TFs of all time.

The last two movie toylines have been 95% crap, but RotF's toyline was like 80% great.

Also while I don't care about MP Movie Bumblebee, I would buy the poo poo out of an MP Movie Blackout and/or Sideswipe.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I saw some OS KO seekers on the internet today and now I want them

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

I hate transformers then

The Michael Bay movies and toys based on them are bad, and you should feel bad

as long as we agree that Character Not Appearing In This Film toys tend to be pretty loving good

most of the Real Gear Robots are fantastic

and all of these are at the very least decent if not fantastic, some of which wound up being my favorite transformers ever like Breacher, Mindwipe and Seaspray. I compiled an album of good non-movie movieline toys to show you it really wasn't all bad(Transformers 2010 is a movie toyline without the name)

http://imgur.com/a/UAmfH

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blackheart posted:

I'm looking at the pictures trying to find some minimal proof of wrist rotation. Come on, guys just a mm or two to calm my fears. Don't do ROTF Starscream all over again. Fucker moves his fingers and even has ankle tilt and does the wheel-inside-the foot thing, don't screw it up at the finish line!

Same. I THINK I saw some but I can't be sure.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I know you guys are going by the line in which these toys were released, but here is how my brain works:

code:
Was featured in a TF movie = Movie toy

Everything else = Not movie toy

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

as long as we agree that Character Not Appearing In This Film toys tend to be pretty loving good

most of the Real Gear Robots are fantastic

and all of these are at the very least decent if not fantastic, some of which wound up being my favorite transformers ever like Breacher, Mindwipe and Seaspray. I compiled an album of good non-movie movieline toys to show you it really wasn't all bad(Transformers 2010 is a movie toyline without the name)

http://imgur.com/a/UAmfH

Yeah, it's true. I'm just trying to give people a hard time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheDK posted:

I know you guys are going by the line in which these toys were released, but here is how my brain works:

code:
Was featured in a TF movie = Movie toy

Everything else = Not movie toy

When a lot of people say "movie toy" they mean "in the style of the bay movies". Meaning tons of scrap-metal-looking paneling and hosed up non-faces most of the time, that sorta thing, instead of the inexplicably human faces of G1-style robots.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, I mean. Looking at one of the TF2010 designs, Terradive's arms are covered in greeblies, and he has three serated mandibles instead of a mouth.

There's a lot of them that are definitely more movie styled than, say, the ones clearly designed as Classics/Universe style ones first like Perceptor or Jazz.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
HA Jazz is great, and so was ROTF Prime. I loving hate the movies but the designs realized in Masterpiece level toys could actually be a lot of fun. C'mon, we all want MP Helicopter-guy-whose-name-I-forgot. He's the best.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've got a spare CW Motormaster and an Alternity Skywarp for sale in the UK if anyone is interested before I try eBay?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Even DOTM gave us some excellent figures! Leader Ironhide, Voyager Skyhammer!

Hell, AOE had Evasion Prime (and by extension M01) and Deluxe Scorn.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I hope we get an MP Barricade, if they're revisiting older movie designs like Bumblebee.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The only RoTF toy I got was Rampage and jesus christ he sucked, but apparently that's because his design was changed and the instructions now. Either way, he's in a box somewhere unloved and gathering dust

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I hope we get an MP Barricade, if they're revisiting older movie designs like Bumblebee.

The new Barricade should be an MP. He looks like an armored cop with knuckle dusters, tasers, a nightstick, and a handgun with a hip holster.

Here is a listing of TF5 toys but they are all placeholder names:

quote:

Deluxes:

Wave 1:
“Shooting Star” Amazon Canada
“Gamma Ray” Amazon Canada
“Mars” Amazon Canada
“Gas Giant” Amazon Canada

Wave 2:
“Nova” Amazon Canada
“Comet” Amazon Canada
“Earth” Amazon Canada
“Hot Gas” Amazon Canada

Wave 3:
“Zodiac” Amazon Canada
“Gravity” Amazon Canada
“Saturn” Amazon Canada
“Lightning” Amazon Canada

Voyagers:

Wave 1:
“Jupiter” Amazon Canada
“Lunar Eclipse” Amazon Canada

Wave 2:
“Pluto” Amazon Canada
“Super Nova” Amazon Canada

Wave 3:
“Gamma Beam Grey” Amazon Canada
“Sun” Amazon Canada

Legion:

Wave 1:
“Mars” Amazon Canada
“Lunar Eclipse” Amazon Canada
“Gas Giant” Amazon Canada
“Four Moons” Amazon Canada

Wave 2:
“Pluto” Amazon Canada
“Gravity” Amazon Canada
“Nova” Amazon Canada

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The MSJ posted:

It is really fun watching people try to guess who is who on this

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Voyager movies Bludgeon/Banzaitron is one of the best Voyagers ever and I will legit fight about it.

Also Voyagers Blackout (the blue helicopter) Movie 1 Prime, Movie 3 Megs and Shockwave. Movie 4 Voyager Grimlock. Some drat good Voyagers over the years. (Voyager M1 Ironhide had chest issues to keep it out of the list. Movie 1 THUNDERCRACKER was close to good but those hands were poo poo on an otherwise amazing toy with the most evil goddamnned face with light piping that should cause Thew to believe in a just and caring god.)

I regret not getting those Stealth aircraft non movie movie Deluxe and Scout figures though. Or Voyager Highbrow.

I love my Legends scale Devastator though. And the Cyberverse Commander Powerglide was my jam. Basically yes the movies were super lovely but the toys were rad. Sort of how Attack of the Clones has the best Stormtrooper type dudes while being a giant dumpster fire of a movie outside of the last 20 minutes or so. (Plus the Dark Horse comics of post that movie brought us Duurge, Asaji Ventress, and the boss rear end ARC Trooper, most of which would even stay in canon because they were loving cool looking.)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The MSJ posted:

The new Barricade should be an MP. He looks like an armored cop with knuckle dusters, tasers, a nightstick, and a handgun with a hip holster.

What's Legion?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The ones smaller than deluxes.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

It is really fun watching people try to guess who is who on this
Can you give us a hint for what this mysterious "Amazon Canada" is a placeholder for? Is it "Maximus"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The MSJ posted:

The ones smaller than deluxes.

Oh I thought those were Legends.