Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
today i am using the company's $400K teleconference room - it sits empty all year around and i had to have no less than three executive approvals to get access

its really sweet but lmao how hard they make it for people to know about/use it

will report back on the quality of the coffee, i am having the two locations catered

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
that was one of the few things old big telco did 'well', spent a few tens of million on VC then banned all travel below C level. utilisation was very high but people were still useless at it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

today we had a screaming kid in the background of someone on the conference call

classic

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

carry on then posted:

today we had a screaming kid in the background of someone on the conference call

classic

Lol if ur calls don't also feature a screaming child in the foreground.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

May all your calls be filled with the screams of many children

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

maniacdevnull posted:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

that was one of the few things old big telco did 'well', spent a few tens of million on VC then banned all travel below C level. utilisation was very high but people were still useless at it

except that is super-bad since face-to-face meetings are so much better. i have only ever worked with one client who i feel placed appropriate value on getting people on the road to meet the people they work with, and never an actual employer

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
in a three-person conference call led by my director. he interrupts it cuz he keeps getting a call from sone number.

full on, on the bridge, no muting, he's chatting with some guy who found his diving gear from the vacation down to somewhere in south america he had over the holiday. been going for nearly 10 minutes now.

god bless you, Lance of American Airlines.

edit- weird cuz he flew Delta. but it was like 5k of gear so i kinda understand the importance.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

in my last job it was felt expensive to have actual speakerphones in the meeting rooms, there were sfb setups, but if you needed an actual phone the official line was that you'd pair your cell with a bluetooth thing. bluetooth as usual was horrible to deal with. end result: when actual customers with actual teleconferencing setups wanted to meet the head office called in first, and we called head office on sfb and lived with a speaker-microphone air gap across the country before it got to the client wherever

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
my company keeps putting in nice wireless presentation systems like wepresent and now Apple tvs in all the conference rooms but they've never quite figured out all the way that nobody who comes in to do a presentation can use them because they're all field sales guys for spring companies who have locked down windows laptops. so every time there's a whole song and dance about unplugging poo poo trying to find a cable. every time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

my parent company apparently set up or migrated a webex thing so now i have two webex accounts at different subdomains of webex with the same username but different passwords.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

maniacdevnull posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Phobeste posted:

my company keeps putting in nice wireless presentation systems like wepresent and now Apple tvs in all the conference rooms but they've never quite figured out all the way that nobody who comes in to do a presentation can use them because they're all field sales guys for spring companies who have locked down windows laptops. so every time there's a whole song and dance about unplugging poo poo trying to find a cable. every time

get one of these things: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/adapters/wireless-display-adapter-2/p3q-00001

it works gr8

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
our marketing person wants us to set up a shared document somewhere, and grant read/write access to everyone, and let them block off time that they can schedule for this meeting room at a conference somewhere. so i told her to just use outlook and i made a room for her and showed her how free/busy works and after like an hour i think she's just going to make an excel spreadsheet and manage it herself

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

maniacdevnull posted:

this but a barking dog

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

our marketing person wants us to set up a shared document somewhere, and grant read/write access to everyone, and let them block off time that they can schedule for this meeting room at a conference somewhere. so i told her to just use outlook and i made a room for her and showed her how free/busy works and after like an hour i think she's just going to make an excel spreadsheet and manage it herself

when all you have is a hammer...

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

duTrieux. posted:

when all you have is a hammer...
i used the analogy that you can lead a horse to water

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

had a 7 person remote meeting today. agenda was tight and the connections were all good.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

in my last job it was felt expensive to have actual speakerphones in the meeting rooms, there were sfb setups, but if you needed an actual phone the official line was that you'd pair your cell with a bluetooth thing. bluetooth as usual was horrible to deal with. end result: when actual customers with actual teleconferencing setups wanted to meet the head office called in first, and we called head office on sfb and lived with a speaker-microphone air gap across the country before it got to the client wherever

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthonypants posted:

i used the analogy that you can lead a horse to water

i like that metaphor because it can be easily modified

can't make it drink
can't make it cross
it takes a team to drown it
etc

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

the coffee....

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

was good

rich black

european expresso

burr grinder

milk foam built right in

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

v. impressed with three 1080p video streams bidirectionally flawless across a trans atlantic cable

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Mad Wack posted:

was good

rich black

european expresso

burr grinder

milk foam built right in

American psycho 3

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

maniacdevnull posted:

transition team using skype i see

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Lol if your calls don't feature a screaming child with the leader code 😭

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I usually call in using my phone which has a mute button. today though I connected thru my computer and used my headset. guess what I did when someone started talking to me

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I usually call in using my phone which has a mute button. today though I connected thru my computer and used my headset. guess what I did when someone started talking to me

flushed?

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

shat your pant

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

KoRMaK posted:

had a 7 person remote meeting today. agenda was tight and the connections were all good.

don't mark a stable for that pegasus yet, bellerophon

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mad Wack posted:

v. impressed with three 1080p video streams bidirectionally flawless across a trans atlantic cable

trans equality is a 2017 feature

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lol we have these, they drop out when if there's a wireless keyboard/mouse too close (assuming if they connect at all which is a crapshoot)

oh and they also require you use a microsoft surface and LOL

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i can't believe microsoft released a trackpad this bad on the surface type cover, if apple would have released this trackpad stebe would come back from the dead and remove their heart temple of doom style

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

you see, apple isn't actually good, they just control the hardware and software

*microsoft releases their own hardware running their own os*

oh yeah if it goes to sleep ever its going to require a hard reboot

oh and yeah we released a patch that makes the battery not charge

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BiohazrD posted:

i can't believe microsoft released a trackpad this bad on the surface type cover, if apple would have released this trackpad stebe would come back from the dead and remove their heart temple of doom style

i imagine this mummy style and he takes tim cooks tongue and eyes c/d?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BiohazrD posted:

lol we have these, they drop out when if there's a wireless keyboard/mouse too close (assuming if they connect at all which is a crapshoot)

oh and they also require you use a microsoft surface and LOL

idk works fine for me. you also can use it w/ anything running windows 10 w/ a wifi

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

i imagine this mummy style and he takes tim cooks tongue and eyes c/d?

also good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Shaggar posted:

idk works fine for me.

the shaggar manifesto

• Locked thread