Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Preordain won't get unbanned because WotC for some reason won't just ban the storm cards that they've banned like 6 cards to keep down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

First Modern FNM of the year tonight, piloted RG Titan Breach to a 2-2 finish (4-round event)-

R1: Dredge. G1 I "keep" an iffy hand when he starts playing before I declare mulligans and I'm too slow to keep up. Yes I should have said something, no I didn't actually say anything, I'm dumb. Boarded out 2 Bolts and 2 Traps for 2 Anger and 2 Relics. G2 we both have better draws but when I manage to stick a Titan he flashbacks Conflagrate to kill it and overrun me. This comes on the heels of hearing two guys talk at the last FNM about how no one at the store plays Dredge :argh: (I think this guy was new anyway). 0-1 (0-2)

R2: Mono U Turns. Time Walk effects + symmetric draw + lockdown spells (Cryptic, Early Frost, Gigadrowse etc.). He gets the lock early in both games and there's not much I can do. I manage to pitch an Emrakul during G1 which I hoped would buy me some time but he gets a Part The Waterveil off and beats me down with the animated land. Boarded out an Anger and 3 Pacts for 2 Grudge (for his Temple Bells) and 2 Choke. G2 he has the countermagic for my threats and I die again. No lie, I'm pretty salty after this one. 0-2 (0-4)

R3: UWR Control. G1 he and I go back and forth a bit until I Breach out an Emrakul, one he knew I had thanks to Courser of Kruphix. I guess he didn't have the countermagic? He scoops despite having a decent remaining life total and me with no other immediate threats. Boarded out 2 Explore for 2 Choke. G2 I hit critical Valakut mass thanks to a couple of Breached Titans. I bait him into countering the second one and get in a Sakura Tribe Elder while he's tapped out for the last Mountain I need to kill him. 1-2 (2-4)

R4: Skred Red. Match of the night and the best match I've had in a while. We both have the same starts in each game- me with T1 Search and other ramp, him with T1 Relic of Progenitus and T3 Blood Moon. G1 I'm stuck under a Blood Moon but with both my Forests in play, so I'm still able to stick Titans and ramp my buns off. However I have a terrible punt here- I cast a Titan with an Emrakul in hand but neglect not to search because I know I have a Breach on top of my deck...which I then have to shuffle away to a suspended Search on my next upkeep. I die to exact damage on 14 mana with Emrakul + land in hand :negative: Boarded out 1 Explore, 2 Trap and 1 Anger for 2 Ancient Grudge (anticipating Ensnaring Bridge), 1 Unravel, and 1 Naturalize. G2 I hit T4 Breach->Emrakul which gives no fucks about Blood Moon. G3 plays out a lot like G1 but we find out what happens to a dream deferred and I actually use all of my Titan triggers to hardcast Emrakul thanks to Blood Moon :toot: Hooray for learning from one's mistakes! I watch one guy pick up a Preordain playset because it's totally gonna get unbanned guys, and I go home and reward myself with mac & cheese. 2-2 (4-5)

Not as good as I had hoped but what bugs me more is that, outside of the punt R4G1, I'm not sure what I could have done differently R1 and 2. Both decks managed to go off faster than my deck, loathe as I am to use :byodood:MATCHUPS:byodood: as an excuse. The only thing I can think of in hindsight is that I probably didn't need to board out the Pacts R2. My fear was casting a Pact and having him tap down the relevant manner when I tried to pay the upkeep cost, but I think the timing works such that I can pay it off first. Other than that, any advice?

Match 1, don't keep iffy hands
Match 2, don't bring in ancient grudge for temple bell

I assume you're making other bad plays / keeps due to lack of familiarity but aren't recognizing them enough to make note of them.

Remember that the first mistake most people make is keeping the wrong hand

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sigma-X posted:

I assume you're making other bad plays / keeps due to lack of familiarity but aren't recognizing them enough to make note of them.

Harsh, but it was my second time out with the deck so you're probably on to something there. I've at least stopped keeping hands that don't contain any ramp :cheeky: I was also maybe a little overconfident after going an easy 2-0-1 with it last time, it's a fun deck.
E: In R2, how hard would you have tried mulling into a Choke?

I wish there was an easier way to take notes during games, I'll always sketch down a couple quick highlights and my SBing after each match but if there was an easy way to jot down my starting hands without slowing the match down and looking like a lunatic I would. Maybe just snapping a picture of them?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 7, 2017

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Harsh, but it was my second time out with the deck so you're probably on to something there. I've at least stopped keeping hands that don't contain any ramp :cheeky: I was also maybe a little overconfident after going an easy 2-0-1 with it last time, it's a fun deck.

I wish there was an easier way to take notes during games, I'll always sketch down a couple quick highlights and my SBing after each match but if there was an easy way to jot down my starting hands without slowing the match down and looking like a lunatic I would. Maybe just snapping a picture of them?

Write it on the opposite side of your life pad and then transfer the notes to your phone in between games/matches.

Also here's my modern FNM report from today. I was on u/w spirits (I like the utility lands and aether vial the over noble hierarch and company)

R1 vs elves: lose 0-2

G1: we both keep it iffy hands (me on a mull to 6), but he eventually draws a chord and I draw no removal :/

Sideboard: out 2x kira, in 2x meddling mage

Game 2: keep a 3 creature, 3 land, 1 aether vial hand. Opponent mulls to 5. I draw 5 land and a phantasmal image :/

R2 vs Mono Red Burn: win 2-0

G1 I vial in a Thalia in response to a shard volley because I'd seen
Death and taxes do something similar in response to a miracle trigger. But upon researching it I realize this does not work, so now I feel like an rear end in a top hat. I'm gonna tell that guy next FNM, dang.

Side out: 2x aether vial 3x phantasmal image
Side in: 2x kor, 2x spellskite, 1x meddling mage

G2: I land an early kor firewalker and counter as needed, winning game at 1.

R3 vs affinity: win 2-1

G1: I path the early steel overseer and my opponent doesn't expect rattlechIns into moorland haunt activation to kill his second overseer. I try to hold out for as long as possible with double haunt activations but never draw a path :(

Side out: 4x vial, 2x Kira. In: 2x stony silence, 2x kataki, 2x meddling mage

G2: slow starts, my opponent attacks and I flash in blockers. My first my opponent rips a blood moon out of nowhere from the side, thinking it'll gently caress him more than me, after we both have slow starts (on his T4 when I have no basics in play) in response I activate moorland haunt and then ghost quarter my moorland haunt for a basic. I then Top deck a motherfucking rattle chains for lethal.

G3: I mull to 6 but keep the best hand against affinity possible. T2 stony silence, into T3 Kataki. Then drogskol captain and rattle chains. Also out of spite I ghost quarter my opponents only mountain after he gets it off a path. A good strip mine.

R4. S jeskai nahiri win 2-0.
Win the die roll.
G1 this is literally the matchup I was born to play. Mausoleum wanderers into thali
Into rattlechains and spell queller.

Side out: 4x path, side in 2x spellskite, 2x dispel (no mages this time)

G2: sac wanderer to counter helix's, swing all the time, counter the bombs.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
yeah the extra cost of saccing isnt a trigger like miracles its part of the casting cost, so you were incorrect there. on the other hand if dude was worried he should have called the judge, who could have answered that question very quickly.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Starting out 1-2 today let's win six straight in the horse barn.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Where you at son??

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Turns is a slow-rear end deck that loses to itself pretty often, I don't think you should mull a functional hand searching for a 2-of.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

black potus posted:

Where you at son??

black potus posted:

Where you at son??

I left setting a new "drop to drink" record.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

I just died if you are at a bar and want to spill beer on your legacy deck!!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Smdh at these fools playing deadguy ale

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

oh hey i dropped already too

2-2-2 with UW Landstill trip report

R0: I get delayed four and a half hours in Charlotte, getting into my hotel at 2AM. I went through Charlotte to Louisville instead of Chicago because I was worried about bad weather. Welp.

R1: Shardless Bug W 2-0
G1: I cast a total of 7 swords to plowshares over the course of the game and he can't ever pressure my jace that started upticking almost immediately.
G2: opponent is forced to use maelstrom pulse on my crucible that is threatening to take over the game with wasteland. with an active gideon, he dumps his hand and taps out to do so, taking dismember off the table. I cast a sandbagged supreme verdict and attack for exactsies

R2: Sneak and Show D 1-1-1
G1: on the play I go island into Mishra's factory, which is almost immediately, then follow it up with a karakas. by the time my opponent goes for it he is at 6 and I have double force/blue card plus counterspell-snap-counterspell
G2: I mull to 5 and die horribly, thought not before my opponent draws 28 cards and finds no emrakuls to throw at me with sneak attack
G3: interesting back-and-forth game, which gets stalled pretty badly until I can find the disenchant for his blood moon. I never find my humility or an enlightened tutor, and containment priest comes down on turn four of turns. opponent is at 4 facing lethal, an active karakas and countermagic, but does not concede given how early it is in the tournament

R3: 4c delver feat. stoneforge mystic and leovold D 1-1-1
These games aren't very interesting. either I kill and counter everything, or he does. opponent was kinda pokey and neither of our decks could kill the other one. the only interesting part of the match was how good stony silence is and how much of an abrupt decay magnet crucible of worlds is

R4: Miracles L 1-2
G1: Opponent pops three standstill over the course of the game and I am able to get there with Jace. The critical turn of the game is my opponent low on lands due to being unexpectedly pressured by wastelands, since i look a lot like miracles has to go for an entreat for 2. It resolves, I swords one, jace bounce the other, and play the third standstill. He has an active top so I was scrying myself. I have no idea if that is actually correct
G2: Mull to 5 dies to early mentor plus double top shenanigans
G3: I have two factories and am beating down under a standstill. he breaks the standstill and we get in a counter war over something on my turn. he proceeds to play a back to basics into my board of (all tapped) factory x2, tundra x3, island. I'm unable to find pressure and an angel token ends my life over the series of a few turns

R5: Dredge W 2-0 (no idea why this guy was in the draw bracket)
G1: opponent mulligans to 4, and countering his breakthrough severely hampers him. i swords all of his creatures i care about and ambush viper snapcaster into a zombie to nuke his bridges
G2: turn 2 RIP

R6: Food Chain L 0-2
Not much of interest in these games either. He resolves a food chain and kills me with genesis hydra plus some weird 4UB creature that drains when he casts a creature or something. the only neat technology here was Eternal Scourge and using Tasigur and Relic to get killed griffins and scourges into exile

I can go back and add how i sideboarded if people really care about how UW Standstill boards (or to see how bad I am). Overall the deck actually felt great. My draws I don't think were me playing slowly, but it's possible that with more practice I can identify situations where I need to prioritize speed over control of the game. I might put the Emrakul in the board because mindslavering that miracles guy would have been really good and meekstone didn't feel great, though i did not play eldrazi

Also, hearkening back to an older post, the spell snares felt very good. it killed a lot of counterbalances dead and was insane in the shardless matchup

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Meekstone is also great against Delver.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

my only delver opponent rudely declined to flip his before they died. i did bring them in for that matchup since he had leovolds and true names too

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

It is correct to scry yourself rather than fateseal your opponent with Jace if they have an active top going. You're not really accomplishing anything with the latter except make them spend a bit of mana.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rogue0071 posted:

It is correct to scry yourself rather than fateseal your opponent with Jace if they have an active top going. You're not really accomplishing anything with the latter except make them spend a bit of mana.

okay cool so it turns out i did have an idea on if it was correct or not because that's the reason i did what i did

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

I wouldn't have mulled at all to choke. I also wouldn't run it in my sideboard. I would be bringing in extra summoning traps.

Against blue decks, especially ones running fat counterspells like cryptic, the usual goal is to turn 4 EOT breach/trap into T5 breach/trap/titan. I bring in my obstinate baloths as well in these matchups because a 4/4 on turn 3 is usually "you must counter me" which triggers traps or threatens to do a lot of damage, typically.

FWIW though I've never played against this turns deck so there may be something I'm not understanding about the matchup besides it just trying to slow the game down long enough for it to start stringing time warps together until it hits Significant Mana and actually feels like it can win the game.

You are a super consistent turn 4 deck. You need to mull any hands that don't get to turn 4 wins. You pretty much need at least one ramp spell in your opener.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sigma-X posted:

I wouldn't have mulled at all to choke. I also wouldn't run it in my sideboard. I would be bringing in extra summoning traps.

Against blue decks, especially ones running fat counterspells like cryptic, the usual goal is to turn 4 EOT breach/trap into T5 breach/trap/titan. I bring in my obstinate baloths as well in these matchups because a 4/4 on turn 3 is usually "you must counter me" which triggers traps or threatens to do a lot of damage, typically.

FWIW though I've never played against this turns deck so there may be something I'm not understanding about the matchup besides it just trying to slow the game down long enough for it to start stringing time warps together until it hits Significant Mana and actually feels like it can win the game.

You are a super consistent turn 4 deck. You need to mull any hands that don't get to turn 4 wins. You pretty much need at least one ramp spell in your opener.

I don't remember seeing any counterspells besides Cryptic TBH. The deck is more interested in tapping you down with Gigadrowse effects and just making sure you can't do anything, rather than denying the stuff you try to do. I've beaten this guy with much worse decks but I just felt kind of silly sitting there as he strung eight or nine turns together while I was tapped out.

I see your point about bringing in Baloths and getting more aggressive though, and I could be talked into more Traps in the board. The Chokes are there because I already had them; I guess we do have a few people on Merfolk at my LGS but there's other stuff I could board in for them (haven't played any of them with this deck yet). I'm just sad that my one free Trap so far with this deck was a complete whiff :negative:

Sigma-X posted:

turn 4 EOT breach

Wait...if you cast Breach on their end step, you get to keep your Breached creature until your next end step, don't you? Not sure if I've been in a position to do that yet but huge if true.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

I don't remember seeing any counterspells besides Cryptic TBH. The deck is more interested in tapping you down with Gigadrowse effects and just making sure you can't do anything, rather than denying the stuff you try to do. I've beaten this guy with much worse decks but I just felt kind of silly sitting there as he strung eight or nine turns together while I was tapped out.

I see your point about bringing in Baloths and getting more aggressive though, and I could be talked into more Traps in the board. The Chokes are there because I already had them; I guess we do have a few people on Merfolk at my LGS but there's other stuff I could board in for them (haven't played any of them with this deck yet). I'm just sad that my one free Trap so far with this deck was a complete whiff :negative:

Wait...if you cast Breach on their end step, you get to keep your Breached creature until your next end step, don't you? Not sure if I've been in a position to do that yet but huge if true.

UWR almost feels like a bye because if this. You eot the Beach, they are forced to counter. You now just do it main phase. Even if they have a path, getting your valakuts bones them. They can't counter or burn your lands. They don't have enough clock to pressure you as you grind them down.

I cut my Searches (they have Remands) for Summoning Traps, pithing needle, and a Thragtusk. .

FYI: the Oracle text on Breach says "at the beginning of the next end step."

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Shardless BUG tournament report

Continuing my (slow) comeback to legacy after an extended break; this time I brought Shardless BUG (played Eldrazi last time) to a 40-player event. Started off real strong, but faded in the end, and lost my win-and-in for the Top 8 (final round opponent made it into Top 8 and I had better breakers going in). I'm used to playing BUG Delver; this was my first event with Shardless. I like it, but I'm so not used to the lack of counter magic. I'm thinking of trying Reid Duke's Leovold BUG next time - looks like a happy middle ground.

--

R1 vs Bant Cloudpost (won 2-0)

We both mulled to 5 on game one. This guy basically never got to keep any gas - I wastelanded his posts, made him discard his Show and Tells, and left him with hands like Emrakul 2.0 and Terminus with no way to get em into play, while Goyfs beat down.

1-0

R2 vs UR Delver (won 2-1)

Every game was super tight. Game one I got down to 1 before getting the kill with a Deathrite activation. Game two I got him down to 1 and then he fireblasted me down from 4. Game three was a nailbiter - He got me to 3 and had 2 cards in hand, and I had the kill on board with double deathrite activations, but it was a few turns before I was able to safely activate incase he responded with a bolt. He kept claiming "I would've snapped it off if I had it, that's just how I play" but I wasn't falling for it. Turns out he didn't actually have it.

2-0

R3 vs Junk (lost 1-2)

Very swingy. I crushed him game one with the power of blue spells, but he got an early sylvan library that dominated game two, and then completely wastelanded me out (3 in a row!) in game three and I couldn't get back online fast enough to answer his beater.

2-1

R4 vs Death & Taxes (won 2-0)

Not even close; game one I had him discard all his creatures so his lands and vials meant nothing. Game two I slammed a null rod and he had kept double vials with jitte.

3-1

R5 vs Belcher (lost 0-2)

Total blowout. He got me on game one turn one, with a 16-gobbo empty the warrens. Game two I kept a hand with force of will and golgari charm, but he stripped the force with cabal therapy, spotted my charm to answer a token army and switched to a tendrils strategy and got me. Yuck.

3-2

R6 vs Dredge (lost 1-2)

Suepr close, and a great opponent - he gave me a lot of advice on my own dredge deck. He got his engine going very early game one, and I couldn't find a deathrite. Game two I had all the hate in the world, with cage, deathrite, and a surgical extraction. Game three he had to mulligan down to 5 and on turn one went for a total hand dump, LED into flashing back faithless looting with a grave troll and a stinkweed imp. I gambled and surgical'd the troll, hoping he'd whiff and be done. He didn't whiff. Found more dredgers, a narco and amalgam, made a bunch of zombies stripping my hand of threats with cabal therapies, and basically just went off. He agreed that it was likely the right play though - if he didn't hit that kind of gas he was out of that game. Feels bad, man!

3-3

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Gitaxian Probe & Golgari Grave Troll now banned in Modern.

Also, they hosed up Standard bad and are trying to fix it.

WotC go home ur drunk

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-9-2017-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2017-01-09

Whew, managed to get $15 in tix for my copters and relfector mages on MTGO before the buy price cratered.

empathe fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 9, 2017

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I never had Reflector Mages or Copters to sell :smuggo:

I'm going to get some Copters now though!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

but think of us simple mages just trying to kill people with huge kiln fiends

I guess this means I have a reason to play noxious revival in suicide bloo now :getin:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
X-post from the main thread since it got swallowed up by Standard lamentations-

Hoochie mama. RIP to the newcomer at our last Modern FNM running Dredge (the deck will probably be OK). It just sucks that they banned Troll, then unbanned it, and then had to ban it again, as I can see Wizards being really gunshy about unbanning anything ever again after they had to renege on it (regardless of the fact that they printed a couple good GY enablers after unbanning it. I doubt they noticed).

Probe is interesting, I wonder if they might throw a deck like Storm a bone now that it has one less free spell to use and can't check to make sure if it coast is clear before comboing off. I also wonder what sort of shape Infect takes now that they have to play around removal a little more.

VVV It's being used as a general expression of surprise, a la "yowza!" or "Gat drat" :v:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 9, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Who are you calling a hoochie mama and why?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

but think of us simple mages just trying to kill people with huge kiln fiends

I guess this means I have a reason to play noxious revival in suicide bloo now :getin:

As a grixis delver player I hear ya. Can I get a good cantrip that infect and degenerate combo just aren't allowed to play?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

X-post from the main thread since it got swallowed up by Standard lamentations-

Hoochie mama. RIP to the newcomer at our last Modern FNM running Dredge (the deck will probably be OK). It just sucks that they banned Troll, then unbanned it, and then had to ban it again, as I can see Wizards being really gunshy about unbanning anything ever again after they had to renege on it (regardless of the fact that they printed a couple good GY enablers after unbanning it. I doubt they noticed).

Probe is interesting, I wonder if they might throw a deck like Storm a bone now that it has one less free spell to use and can't check to make sure if it coast is clear before comboing off. I also wonder what sort of shape Infect takes now that they have to play around removal a little more.

VVV It's being used as a general expression of surprise, a la "yowza!" or "Gat drat" :v:

Dredge is still fine. It's not as good but still fine, and if people stop putting hate in their board then it might even be better.

Wizards absolutely does not care about storm. I don't think it's even on their radar anymore.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

NovemberMike posted:

Dredge is still fine. It's not as good but still fine, and if people stop putting hate in their board then it might even be better.

Wizards absolutely does not care about storm. I don't think it's even on their radar anymore.

Is there another Dredger that can be used? What does it dredge?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

empathe posted:

Is there another Dredger that can be used? What does it dredge?

The obvious replacement is Golgari Thug with dredge 4.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

does modern dredge not play thug already? i know i could look at lists and answer this myself but thug is real good in LED dredge since you you put narcomoebas and other stuff back on the top of your deck (also putrid imp but that isn't legal)

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

I think it plays like 1 sometimes?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

does modern dredge not play thug already? i know i could look at lists and answer this myself but thug is real good in LED dredge since you you put narcomoebas and other stuff back on the top of your deck (also putrid imp but that isn't legal)

Dredge in modern is mostly built on the haunted dead/amalgam interaction, narcomoeba is fine as yet another free body but it's much less powerful than it is in legacy where you have bridges and therapies to turn your 1/1 into some 2/2s plus taking your opponent's answer.

Essentially, instead of running thug to maybe recur a narcomoeba engine, modern dredge has been running loam to power haunted dead and conflagrate.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
^^ Haunted dead was getting cut from most lists as well.

I played around with one or two golgari thugs in the list but honestly he got cut because his effect wasn't that great in comparison to the other non-creature spells and the deck didn't really need another dredger. The creature package has been pretty dialed in pre-ban. That being said with GGT gone he definitely slots right in if you still want to play the deck without changing it around a lot

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

wizards please print cabal therapy in a modern legal set now that probe is gone

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

wizards please print cabal therapy in a modern legal set now that probe is gone

Brain Pry not good enough? greedy greedy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Anyone have a good post- Fatal Push Abzan list in modern?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

mcmagic posted:

Anyone have a good post- Fatal Push Abzan list in modern?

I'm working on one but I think it involves playing 4 Bobs. Adding 4 one-drops to that deck really brings the average CMC down.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ThePeavstenator posted:

I'm working on one but I think it involves playing 4 Bobs. Adding 4 one-drops to that deck really brings the average CMC down.

Over Flayer?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ThePeavstenator posted:

4 Push AND 4 Bob? I'm curious about what you'd cut for those, it sounds like quite the overhaul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I wonder if it would be safe to ban a regular cantrip now that Probe is rightfully dead.