Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
uh actually skyward sword is the best zelda since majoras mask :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Akuma posted:

That doesn't make any sense

Um no the story of FF15 doesn't make any sense just ask that guy who can't pay attention to the story

Senator Chuckles
Apr 28, 2013
Aw geez, trying to avoid spoilers in the thread but I haven't found anyone having the same problem as I am on google.

So I haven't been accumulating EXP since about the middle of chapter 8 (now on 10). I get it from battles, but the bar doesn't move when I rest at hotels or campgrounds. I've accumulated about 40,000 so far and it's really starting to annoy me. I don't know if I can finish the game at level 30, so I hope I'm just missing something really obvious. Anyone else having this problem?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Senator Chuckles posted:

Aw geez, trying to avoid spoilers in the thread but I haven't found anyone having the same problem as I am on google.

So I haven't been accumulating EXP since about the middle of chapter 8 (now on 10). I get it from battles, but the bar doesn't move when I rest at hotels or campgrounds. I've accumulated about 40,000 so far and it's really starting to annoy me. I don't know if I can finish the game at level 30, so I hope I'm just missing something really obvious. Anyone else having this problem?

You sure you don't have the Nixperience Band equipped?

Senator Chuckles
Apr 28, 2013
ffffffucking hell. I was playing with Spanish text for practice and that's exactly what happened. It's called the "haramaki" there but definitely says that in the description.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Fru Fru posted:

I think this might just be a glitch. I was able to do those quests on NG+ without having to go anywhere.

And no, the gas never matters.

Has to be, it happened again. I have the Drain Lance, Autocrossbow and Engine Blade 2 all ready to be upgraded. They all say "give (whatever) to Cid" but all he does when I try is sit there and make random comments.

It's like he doesn't care that I already have the parts in my inventory, he only registers me having them if I've gotten them AFTER he tells me what I need to get.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Millennial Sexlord posted:

No, Darksiders 1 was the best Zelda since Zelda 1, and then there was Zelda 2, and Demon's Souls is the best Zelda since Zelda 2. :goonsay:

This joke relies on people knowing Zelda 2 was crazy hard and some don't consider it as a sequel to Zelda.

I appreciated it though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

OK, how the gently caress do you get Red Giants to stop their loving gravity attack. I burned through an embarrassing amount of healing items trying to get it to stop before I figured out to just leave the area long enough for it to stop and come back in. Do they just use it forever until you run away or die?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Try hitting them.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
How do you get Lucian Carp (or any carp that gives fillets) to bite? I'm at Saxham reservoir, using every single lure I've got, and the only things that are biting are some Dace, Bass, and once I got a type of carp that gives scales.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Paracelsus posted:

How do you get Lucian Carp (or any carp that gives fillets) to bite? I'm at Saxham reservoir, using every single lure I've got, and the only things that are biting are some Dace, Bass, and once I got a type of carp that gives scales.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5h3rdv/saxham_reservoir_fishing_the_elusive_lucian_carp/

The day/night poo poo doesn't matter, but the lures are very specific.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Die Sexmonster! posted:

This joke relies on people knowing Zelda 2 was crazy hard and some don't consider it as a sequel to Zelda.

I appreciated it though.

Joke?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

Try hitting them.
I did

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Apparently the giants will sometimes glitch and do their gravity orb thing infinitely until you kill them or leave the area. I've never seen it happen myself, but I've seen people complain about it happening elsewhere on the internet. Normally speaking, your best bet is to do an attack that is capable of staggering them out of animations before they summon the orb to begin with. Those are generally attacks like the finishers you can trigger by releasing and re-pressing the attack button at the right time (just not with the greatsword because the spin doesn't stagger) or a couple other options.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Well im glad it's not intentional and i hope they fix it sometime. For now I'll just avoid them.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

I'd been using Ahriman because I'd read the same page, but only Dace were biting on it.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

Nina posted:

I want a remake just to see how on earth can they portray all the crazy poo poo in that game in modern graphics

I'm sure a lot of people wanted to murder the train in this game the same way.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Has to be, it happened again. I have the Drain Lance, Autocrossbow and Engine Blade 2 all ready to be upgraded. They all say "give (whatever) to Cid" but all he does when I try is sit there and make random comments.

It's like he doesn't care that I already have the parts in my inventory, he only registers me having them if I've gotten them AFTER he tells me what I need to get.

For what it's worth, I've been able to hand over the item as soon as I got the quest, and even got him to work on two weapons at the same time. But I did notice the quest says "hand over item" as soon as you get the quest, even if I didn't have the item.

ETA: is there a skill guide? I'd like to know what some of them do because I forgot after gaining that level.

Bunni-kat fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 11, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Did they ever add NG+ yet? I'm curious since I recall reading about it but nothing else.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Alder posted:

Did they ever add NG+ yet? I'm curious since I recall reading about it but nothing else.

Yes

Med School posted:

Hell yes

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
This thread just is making me want to play FF6 for probably the tenth time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This game is all right. I hope they finish it one day, but I had enough fun playing it to not complain too much about it.

My wife called me an idiot for attacking that turtle's foot for like an hour, though. Gotta get those cheevoes.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Joey Freshwater posted:

I wonder if this is why everyone that has the cid glitch has that issue

Day night does determine when they're most likely to be present, but if present they will go for the appropriate lure. They will be more likely to go for it if your initial cast happens when the targeting ring is yellow

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

JetsGuy posted:

This thread just is making me want to play FF6 for probably the tenth time.

My New Year's Resolution was to complete the four Final Fantasy games I haven't beaten. FF6 is one of them. Pretty excited to get to play it for the first time in 2017.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I want people to be honest and ask themselves when Final Fantasy story content has ever been difficult.

Jrpgs in general outside of SMT aren't difficult. And games get less difficult as you play more games. You know what to look for hell, all your smt games become a gently caress ton easier, once you play one, just like souls and so on.

Anyway I personally don't dislike any FF's a bunch, but I don't hold 9 as highly as many because I never had a hankering for a classic fantasy tale, never felt attached to chars and just found a lot of it, kind of slow/ boring. It has a cute charm but isn't for me. 12 is likely my least fave of what I've played and I still would likely play it again.
I'd say 8's story was a lil messy but it had some interesting things going for it setting wise. Characters eh. I didn't hate them, but I can't like 15 and then not like quall and zell at the very minimum.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Med School posted:

I'm actually super disappointed Prompto gets all of Edgar's stuff but they couldn't give Gladio a Suplex tech

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I do hope/ wish that they at least have some directors cut type content planned if anything.

As janky as the game comes off its still good.

And i hope to everything good that KH3 doesn't get caught in any even slightly similar development hell.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Nina posted:

I'm actually super disappointed Prompto gets all of Edgar's stuff but they couldn't give Gladio a Suplex tech

To be fair Iris is the one who fights monsters with her bare hands.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

WaltherFeng posted:

To be fair Iris is the one who fights monsters with her bare hands.

Well she will be playable so maybe I'll fire up my hope train

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I've been thinking and I think the worst thing Gladio did was try to hook Iris and Noctis up even though Noctis is very publicly going to be married to Luna and expressed zero interest in Iris. Her poor broken heart :smith:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
My friend beat lvl 95 Jormungand with Lvl 1 Noctis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z-mXRkvjug

He said it was the first difficult fight in the game.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I think I've grown too old to fully beat FF games anymore. I remember being a kid and fully completing FF7, and then later doing everything in FF12, but in FF15 once I expericasted my way to the mid 70s in level I just bumrushed the story and once that was over, put it aside. It was fun, but I have zero interest in the dungeons and high level hunts. I'll probably pick it up again to do the DLC when it comes out, but I have no interest in the grind anymore.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I haven't beaten FF3, 10-2, 12 or any of the 13's. I beat enough of 11's story content to consider that game done. I'm way behind on 14, though.

I think I'm gonna give 12 another chance once the HD release comes out.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

CubeTheory posted:

My New Year's Resolution was to complete the four Final Fantasy games I haven't beaten. FF6 is one of them. Pretty excited to get to play it for the first time in 2017.

As a point of personal preference I'd play the SNES or Anthology version. I don't know if it was in the mobile or GBA version but at some point they decided to make the character sprites all cartoony and dumb. Which is really jarring considering they don't fit in the game world anymore.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

As a point of personal preference I'd play the SNES or Anthology version. I don't know if it was in the mobile or GBA version but at some point they decided to make the character sprites all cartoony and dumb. Which is really jarring considering they don't fit in the game world anymore.

It was the mobile port.

For me, FF6 is a tossup between the original SNES and GBA versions. The SNES one has better music by a long shot, but the GBA one has additional content and corrected spell\equipment names but the music is awful.

I'd say the Anthology version is the worst, because it has huge load times. It takes forever just to open up your menu.

There sadly isn't a "definitive" version of the game, unless you get an unofficial repro of a romhack that unfucks the sound on the GBA game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fully beating a ff seems dumb because they almost never have good post game stuff or what would replace post game in like ffx

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

JetsGuy posted:

To be fair, Sabin was just Suplexing the locomotive. You detach the majority of the train before you fight him. Of course as soon as you win the cars are back and Cyan's family gets on.

BTW someone once told me it was pronounced "kai-anne" as opposed to "sai-anne". I'm sure one of you nerds know if that's correct.

The Japanese rendering of his name is Kaien when is a regular Japanese name. Fan translations also render the name Cayenne which is phonetically equivalent.

Sorry about the :spergin: involved in this post...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've finished Final Fantasy VI, VII, IX, X, XII, XIII and XV. And I guess XIV counts as well, both the base game and the expansion pack, also the original 1.0 release. :v: I'm looking forward to finishing XII again when the remaster comes out.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fhqwhgads posted:

I think I've grown too old to fully beat FF games anymore. I remember being a kid and fully completing FF7, and then later doing everything in FF12, but in FF15 once I expericasted my way to the mid 70s in level I just bumrushed the story and once that was over, put it aside. It was fun, but I have zero interest in the dungeons and high level hunts. I'll probably pick it up again to do the DLC when it comes out, but I have no interest in the grind anymore.

This is not a thing to be mourned, it's a thing to be celebrated.

After finishing a game's story I always try to take a week off before diving into post-game stuff. After I'm playing something else, that nag of obligation sort of melts away and I can really evaluate whether pressing on is a real desire or just a habit. It's almost always just a habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Tae posted:

Fully beating a ff seems dumb because they almost never have good post game stuff or what would replace post game in like ffx

When I say I've beaten Final Fantasy games, I mean I've killed the last boss and watched the credits roll. I don't think I've ever done a "completionist" run of a game because gently caress that.

Right now I'm debating if I should spend a lot of time on sidequests in FFXV or just blaze through the story. A lot of them just appear to be dumb tasks that aren't particularly fun like finding frogs that also don't seem to have very good rewards.

I might try to catch up on hunts though because I actually get to fight things and I get exp and gil from it. However it's beyond stupid that you can only accept 1 at a time.

• Locked thread