Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Guys, which BotW had the bit from the tape of kids showing off shirt slogans with different sex slang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

Guys, which BotW had the bit from the tape of kids showing off shirt slogans with different sex slang?

That's from How Can I Tell If I'm ^ Really In Love which was Wheel of the Worst 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA2Z16QiNsE

The reaction on ITB is amazing.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

WampaLord posted:

That's from How Can I Tell If I'm ^ Really In Love which was Wheel of the Worst 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA2Z16QiNsE

The reaction on ITB is amazing.

gently caress yes, thank you. Sometimes that stupid little song plays in my head, and image of the "IN THE BACK :D !!" guy setting them all off.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

dreezy posted:

the only songs on my zune are the background songs they use in hitb, the theme to the grabowskis, and a dubstep remix of rich Evans saying AIDS.

You should look into adding "AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs!" on a loop. Could be good walking music.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

TheBigAristotle posted:

You should look into adding "AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs! AT-STs!" on a loop. Could be good walking music.

Homework: Somebody re-dub Mars Attacks with the RLM crew screaming AT-AT.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0wSiQ_Nnc

Nice hour long walk.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Now I want to make a Rich Evans soundboard to troll voice chats

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
In today's Would Buy / Would Not:

Final Fantasy X Re-Re-Mastered Starring Rich Evans as Tidus.

Would.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

naem posted:

Josh is fine you idiots, these are a bunch of friends not cam girls

There's just enough overlap there...

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/redlettermedia

Could be.

Okay, I want to come back to this. "Red Fetter Mediocre"? Come on, "Bed Wetter Media". It's right loving there.

quote:

$2.1K - $34K
ESTIMATED MONTHLY EARNINGS

Way to really narrow it down.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Nice. Rich Evans is manna from heaven

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

It's like staring into the face of God and he says to you "you are my most wonderful creation"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

I did 20 minutes. It's odd how what he is saying never changes, but what I hear does.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Best thing Mike Patton ever did was that ep with Dillinger escape plan
His stuff with John Zorn is great, especially Litany IV

Wish there was more stuff from Lovage and Fantomas; Delirium Cordia is a great album to play outside your house for Halloween or a haunted house.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

I did 20 minutes. It's odd how what he is saying never changes, but what I hear does.

Ath-e-ist tease! Ath-e-ist tease!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
You were beaten by 6 days you hack fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqL4YevRdJI

I feel violated.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Never have I been so complimented. :allears:

It wasn't my video anyway, nor did I claim it was.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

temple posted:

My point is that Marvel films, to me, aren't about canon or consistency. I don't see that. I think Marvel captured the desire for relationship focused movies with quirky characters and they attached brands to it. Its like Teen Titans Go that goes completely the other direction in tone from other superhero cartoons.

I dunno - comics are anything but consistent. People dying and coming back to life, new artists coming in and changing the entire look, new writers coming in and loving over one character because he was the favorite of another writer they hated, uneven writing, dialogue that attempts to be bad-rear end but falls horribly flat, rolling back entire timelines, re-using the gently caress out of the most popular character in an ensemble to the point of being sick of them - that's comics. And I think the X-men films all by themselves are a perfect representation.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

thoughts and prayers posted:

And I think the X-men films all by themselves are a perfect representation.

Speaking of, if any franchise has the most superhero movie fatigue it's X-Men. Every movie is generic and bland. Even as a diehard Marvel fanboy I stopped caring about X-Men a long time ago. At least Marvel Cinematic Universe movies are different enough from each other covering different genres.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Fun fact; Faith No More are poo poo.

The worst opinion posted in a thread full of terrible opinions.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

The Archaic posted:

Speaking of, if any franchise has the most superhero movie fatigue it's X-Men. Every movie is generic and bland. Even as a diehard Marvel fanboy I stopped caring about X-Men a long time ago. At least Marvel Cinematic Universe movies are different enough from each other covering different genres.

They kind of made a comeback with First Class and Days of Future Past but Apocalypse was like something out of the 90s, just completely corny and dumb.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I always liked the X-Men movies (except the 3rd movies) for the ideologies and dynamic between Charles and Erik. The movies always felt a bit smarter than other Marvel flicks of their time but sometimes they hit you over the head with their morals.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
What about PreRec?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I mean just from a modern cinema standpoint the first X-Men movie is probably the most financially significant film made in the last ~20 years because every single Marvel movie is patterned heavily on it and a huge chunk of PG13 action films that followed it cribbed it's aesthetics, camera style and general feel.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

What about PreRec?

I keep trying it, but I can never go longer than like 5 minutes. It's very meandering.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I keep trying it, but I can never go longer than like 5 minutes. It's very meandering.

I really wish they'd steal Game Grumps' format and release 15 minutes of joking over gameplay.

I like their game reviews.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PreRec has very bad video game banter, and I say this as a connoisseur of video game banter.

Best Friends Play and Giant Bomb are the good ones.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really wish they'd steal Game Grumps' format and release 15 minutes of joking over gameplay.

I like their game reviews.

Oh yeah their game reviews are quite good.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I didn't get the hate for prerec but then I realized I only ever watched their reviews. When they treat a game the same way they treat a movie and discuss it, it's good. When it's 18 hours of them streaming some lovely game they're poo poo at, not so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FedEx Mercury posted:

They kind of made a comeback with First Class and Days of Future Past but Apocalypse was like something out of the 90s, just completely corny and dumb.

Yeah I love the xmen series a million times more than the marvel films (x2 mainly) but apocalypse was a gigantic step backwards.

I hold out hope for Logan. The trailer was unbelievably good but trailer editors are the modern snake oil salesmen

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I think the first Pre Rec stream I saw had Jay in it, and the second one was when they played Limbo, and the last 20 minutes or so of that was so loving hilarious. So for awhile I thought Pre Rec was actually really good and entertaining. I have since come to learn that stream was like the Matrix, and all the other pre rec streams (without Jay) are like the other Wachowski films.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Watching them get visibly frustrated and steamed at 7th Guest made for a good mix of schadenfreude and nostalgia.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think the first Pre Rec stream I saw had Jay in it, and the second one was when they played Limbo, and the last 20 minutes or so of that was so loving hilarious. So for awhile I thought Pre Rec was actually really good and entertaining. I have since come to learn that stream was like the Matrix, and all the other pre rec streams (without Jay) are like the other Wachowski films.

Jay on pre rec is so good that when you search "pre rec" on youtube the first result is the "pre-rec with Jay 2.0" playlist lol.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a lot of prerec is trash unless you really like rich evans, but the best prerecs are the octodad streams with jay, jessie, and mike.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

they were all there for qwop too.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The one good Pre-Rec without Jay was The Order 1886. They're at their best when it's them playing a lovely game and ripping into it, not so great when it's them playing an indie darling or RTS and being mediocre at it.

Was Jay there when they told forums poster MisterBibs that he was "horribly wrong" about the Star Wars prequels? Because that was loving hilarious too.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I'm not a huge fan of pre rec, but I laughed so goddamn hard at the part in the Order 1886 review when they kept playing the "we will not harm innocent men" quote over the skyrocketing kill counter

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

The one good Pre-Rec without Jay was The Order 1886. They're at their best when it's them playing a lovely game and ripping into it, not so great when it's them playing an indie darling or RTS and being mediocre at it.

Was Jay there when they told forums poster MisterBibs that he was "horribly wrong" about the Star Wars prequels? Because that was loving hilarious too.

It was just Rich and Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I watched a little bit of the Undertale video, enough to see Rich horribly failing at making funny voices, to know that I don't need to see any more of it. No Mike, no deal.

• Locked thread