Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

It is, that means he gets to keep that rank for an entire year!

Yep, until it returns same time next year as a last hurrah before the April 2018 release of DESTINY 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty much.

Bungie fooled us good, taunting us with a ten year plan and a new game every other year. What we really got was a 10 year plan with two games and a live team dedicated to slapping a new coat of paint on old maps and hoping no one minds.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
It would be pretty sad if Destiny 2 is a April 2018 release.

If the live team weren't dog poo poo this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

How do you do the sparrow racing?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

You gotta be born with it in your blood

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

PathAsc posted:

You can only do it in private matches now, it was a limited time event in matchmaking.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But amusingly if you didn't finish your Dawning book, you can still get credit for the SRL entries in private matches.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You gotta be born with it in your blood

NOS?

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

You can only do it in private matches now, it was a limited time event in matchmaking.

xzzy posted:

But amusingly if you didn't finish your Dawning book, you can still get credit for the SRL entries in private matches.

Good to know.

Is anyone doing strikes tonight and don't mind a scrub goon tagging along? I'm at LL296 so far, so I'm getting along.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Trying to kill bones of eao cunts with my saladin's vigil is annoying as poo poo

Speaking of fusions, how the hell do you use one on icarus control? There's really no way to get close to B if you're using it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/fdP3lnI.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Very tough day at the gay fisting factory aka Bungie matchmaking

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

loving horrible night of matchmaking, kept waiting for it to get good and it never did. K/D and ELO went straight down.

But at least I hosed this titan up.

http://i.imgur.com/6LlHt8u.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oryx fight was something, fucks sake.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
uh

i just picked up the same heavy box twice in a match. i had 120+ HMG rounds thanks to Field Scout.

this is a bad bug lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mikey-San posted:

uh

i just picked up the same heavy box twice in a match. i had 120+ HMG rounds thanks to Field Scout.

this is a bad bug lol

:swoon:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

uh

this is a bad bug lol

I've had this happen a few times. Rare but not unheard of.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Icebreaker on lucky #13 nightfall.

Jesus Christ, Bungie.

Also, hail satan, the most fun I've ever had with this archetype of AR

Sureshot, Spray & Play, Rifled, Counterbalance. This thing is a god drat work horse of a gun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dead Orbit rank up gave me a Keystone last night, explosive rounds + perfect balance + firefly. I think I found my new strike primary!

I think in a perfect world I'd prefer the 37 rof/48 impact archetype but eh.. it's just strikes.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

385 is the highest light that dropped legendary engrams or ones picked up from like gold on pub event can decrypt at right?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

385 is the highest light that dropped legendary engrams or ones picked up from like gold on pub event can decrypt at right?

Yes

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cool, my hunter is 385 and my other 2 around 375, so now I feel caught up enough to do endgame stuff.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are there any 94 impact hand cannons of any roll that are superior to the 81 impact options (ie, vendor palindrome)? Or is the archetype pretty much irrelevant right now?

I guess a four round lingering song with LITC could be the only one?

Basically I need to clear out some vault space and I got a few lingering songs/ill wills collecting dust that I can't decide what to do with.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

None of the orders from the gunsmith are must haves again this week right?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Are there any 94 impact hand cannons of any roll that are superior to the 81 impact options (ie, vendor palindrome)? Or is the archetype pretty much irrelevant right now?

I guess a four round lingering song with LITC could be the only one?

Basically I need to clear out some vault space and I got a few lingering songs/ill wills collecting dust that I can't decide what to do with.

Superior for what? Pvp? Absolutely not. PvE? Hell yeah they can one shot a lot of stuff.

I'd hold onto anything that can hit the range cap of 62.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well of course I'm talking crucible, who the gently caress min maxes guns for PvE? :colbert:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Icebreaker on lucky #13 nightfall.

Jesus Christ, Bungie.

I've only done one Sunrise a week. Just got it :)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Special Telemetry and Motes.
Apply both Ornaments.
Stick in the Vault and never fire a single shot lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I see a lot of clowns trying to use icebreaker in crucible. Actually explained to a goon last night that that's what that "CHOOOM-wahhhhh" noise was.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Dead Orbit rank up gave me a Keystone last night, explosive rounds + perfect balance + firefly. I think I found my new strike primary!

I think in a perfect world I'd prefer the 37 rof/48 impact archetype but eh.. it's just strikes.

xzzy posted:

Well of course I'm talking crucible, who the gently caress min maxes guns for PvE? :colbert:

:golf:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pfft getting a fun pve gun is not min maxing. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

xzzy posted:

I see a lot of clowns trying to use icebreaker in crucible. Actually explained to a goon last night that that's what that "CHOOOM-wahhhhh" noise was.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Pfft getting a fun pve gun is not min maxing. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Actually min maxing PvE guns owns. I love busting out my Icarus Rifled Rangefinder How Dare You on small arms or airborne because it one shots everything with the increased damage and fires fast as gently caress.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

None of the orders from the gunsmith are must haves again this week right?

There's an Arminius with Counterbalance/Rifled/Crowd Control my bad, no. I have a Zarinaea-D that I use occasionally in PVE if that means anything, but there are no must have packages

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually min maxing PvE guns owns. I love busting out my Icarus Rifled Rangefinder How Dare You on small arms or airborne because it one shots everything with the increased damage and fires fast as gently caress.

I have a Rifled/Rangefinder/Hot Swap HDY that I'm holding onto in case a future balance update makes that archetype viable.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
btw if any of you cool dudes has that vendor Finnala's Peril with Outlaw/Rifled/Reactive, it's the poo poo in PvE

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I have so many god rolled auto rifles. Looking forward to when bungie unfucks them.

It will probably never happen.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

CheeseFactory posted:

I have so many god rolled auto rifles. Looking forward to when bungie unfucks them.

It will probably never happen.

Nobody talks about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My AR's keep getting pushed closer and closer to my Y1 guns in the vault. I have several I would love to use again, they just don't compete right now. I even have a decent hammerforged/counterbalance soulstealer's I've never once shot.

Plus a couple medium impact guns that I cling to in the hopes Bungie will make them cool again. :smith:

• Locked thread