Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

twistedmentat posted:

My problem is the Flash isn't supposed to be a sad sack hero, the Flash is the jokey, happy hero. In the show he spends all his time lately being sad.

This bugs me too. They seem to be keeping that with Supergirl, which is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

My problem is the Flash isn't supposed to be a sad sack hero, the Flash is the jokey, happy hero. In the show he spends all his time lately being sad.

Season 1 was great in this regard. Then in Season 2, it's as if the writers received a directive from CW executives along the lines of "MUST HAVE STUPID DRAMA IN ORDER TO APPEAL TO OUR TEENAGE AUDIENCE" and they just went with it.

It has been a bit better this season, except for the whole Cisco thing. It's just so out of the character for him to carry so much angst. It really drags the show down.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

Season 1 was great in this regard. Then in Season 2, it's as if the writers received a directive from CW executives along the lines of "MUST HAVE STUPID DRAMA IN ORDER TO APPEAL TO OUR TEENAGE AUDIENCE" and they just went with it.

It has been a bit better this season, except for the whole Cisco thing. It's just so out of the character for him to carry so much angst. It really drags the show down.

Yes, I loved S1 and they lost me during after the mid-season break of S2 for precisely the reason you lay out.

And that sucks re: Cisco. His character was one of the consistently enjoyable parts of the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

That's Wally though. Barry was always a humorless dork.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Zzulu posted:

And yeah I saw the CGI sharkman, it was lame as hell. If you're gonna introduce a CGI shark then do something cool with it

They do. In a season two episode they go full Jaws and have Flash fight King Shark in a quote filled battle in/on the water.

The CGI was pretty phenomenal for a "lame" TV show.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It is lame though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And even if it wasn't you'd still have to suffer through S2 Flash to see it. :geno:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

enraged_camel posted:

CW executives along the lines of "MUST HAVE STUPID DRAMA IN ORDER TO APPEAL TO OUR TEENAGE AUDIENCE"

The fact they wreck everything they touch is part of why "CW show" is an insult. They're just the worst. They want every show to be about people bitching at each other and nothing else.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently EP Jeffrey Bell has stated in an interview that Ghost Rider is kind of expensive, so don't expect to see him back soon/become a regular. Also Ghost Rider's departure doesn't mean the end of the magical stuff as a big part of Aida's motivation is she wants to find the Darkhold and keep using it.

This makes me really sad, I really liked both the character and the actor. One full episode of shotgun-axe Ghost Mack would have been pretty neat though!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Blazing Ownager posted:

The fact they wreck everything they touch is part of why "CW show" is an insult. They're just the worst. They want every show to be about people bitching at each other and nothing else.

Jane the Virgin is good, at least.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phylodox posted:

Jane the Virgin is good, at least.

And Crazy Ex-girlfriend because I can relate to the characters.

Also, Cisco is different because of Flashpoint. The CGI bounces between great for TV to bad for a video game. Some of it looks like it was done by the same group that did Blade 3.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
My local ABC affiliate in Portland is no longer going to be carried by my cable company. When do new episodes show upon Hulu, and how long are they available?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tad SG posted:

My local ABC affiliate in Portland is no longer going to be carried by my cable company. When do new episodes show upon Hulu, and how long are they available?

I don't know about Hulu, but aren't episodes put up on the ABC website the next day? I know I watch next day episodes on the CTV Go app here in Canada.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Tad SG posted:

Next day on Hulu. Can't remember if it's all episodes or just the most recent 5.
It's not part of the no-commercial plan, so they're is a commercial before and after the show. It can detect ad-blockers.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Also, Cisco is different because of Flashpoint.

I don't really buy that. Every other character is the same. The only thing that has changed about them is their past. So Cisco holding a grudge feels really forced.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Tad SG posted:

Most local ABC channels still broadcast OTA so it's also worth seeing if you can get a signal the old fashioned alway.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

enraged_camel posted:

I don't really buy that. Every other character is the same. The only thing that has changed about them is their past. So Cisco holding a grudge feels really forced.

Yeah that's not true. Killer frosts powers for one.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Mage_Boy posted:

Most local ABC channels still broadcast OTA so it's also worth seeing if you can get a signal the old fashioned alway.

Yeah, I'm considering my options there. I do have an old TiVo lying around that can do OTA I think. I am just not willing to watch tv live all that often, so unless I can dvr it, a streaming solution is required.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Stop talking about The Flash in the AoS thread.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Aleph Null posted:

Next day on Hulu. Can't remember if it's all episodes or just the most recent 5.
It's not part of the no-commercial plan, so they're is a commercial before and after the show. It can detect ad-blockers.

Just the most recent 5 since series streaming rights belong to Netflix.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This is from the Turkey City Lexicon and I thought of this season.

quote:

The Tabloid Weird
Story produced by a confusion of SF and Fantasy tropes — or rather, by a confusion of basic world-views. Tabloid Weird is usually produced by the author’s own inability to distinguish between a rational, Newtonian-Einsteinian, cause-and- effect universe and an irrational, supernatural, fantastic universe. Either the FBI is hunting the escaped mutant from the genetics lab, or the drill-bit has bored straight into Hell — but not both at once in the very same piece of fiction. Even fantasy worlds need an internal consistency of sorts, so that a Sasquatch Deal-with-the-Devil story is also “Tabloid Weird.” Sasquatch crypto-zoology and Christian folk superstition simply don’t mix well, even for comic effect. (Attr. Howard Waldrop)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi

All superhero shows are cool, except Arrow when they killed off Laurel, but now she's back so they're all cool

AoS is the coolest though

Well that's my room temperature take thanks

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I guess this is back tonight. Looks like they got a new intro now that the Ghost Rider arc is done.

wait hold on, didn't Aida read the whole Darkhold? I guess not since he still needs it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 11, 2017

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

More women in their underwear close-ups.

Haha, subtle Dr. Strange reference.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay she's gone full on HAL 9000

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Well that wasn't creepy at all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Mack is too meta for his own good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mack knows what's what when it comes to AI

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

A WILD HUNK APPEARS

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

More robbits?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Man, please don't be evil Mace.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"You know how boys are with their robots."

"I really don't."

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The opening scene was totally a nod to Ex Machina.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nice to see Mace and Daisy get along!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well the deception didn't last long

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When is she going to burst into song?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mack is feeling :smuggo: and doesn't even know why.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Aida makes Dolores look like a fuckin iMac

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh John Pyper Ferguson, will you ever play a non evil character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I like how Jemma is the only one of those three strapped into her seat.

• Locked thread