Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rondowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

euphronius posted:

Do you think it would take more than a few words to explain why he was benched.

They paid him $14 million this offseason and built their marketing around him coming to the team this year. A 5-minute "here is why we have moved you from starting PG to the last guy off the bench" seems like the respectful thing to do.

Remember they fired Thibodeau because he didn't communicate well and hired Fred because as Gar said he is a "great communicator".

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
he didn't laugh...he just said "ha ha ha." like the only way it could've been more weird is if "hip to be square" was playing in the background.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Did I post that since cutting his hair/getting braids, ,Iman Shumpert is shooting 41% from three. He realized his 2012 haircut was going to kill his next contract and did the right thing. Now it's time for Marcus Smart, Thick Stan, and No Just is no peace to get to the barber. Nerlens Noel can join the lineup.

2017 will be called the great shorning and percentages will rise

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This is so extra lmao I love it

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/818955979786252289

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my response to every inevitable Rondo intrigue story is who could have seen this coming

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

he didn't laugh...he just said "ha ha ha." like the only way it could've been more weird is if "hip to be square" was playing in the background.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Im crying send help

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

From laughter, maybe it's cause I'm tired and when I get tired I get silly boy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/tetradugenica/status/818984466265870336
Please retweet this if you are able so that we can save some careers

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I hope Embiid becomes a superstar and forces them to re-hire Hinkie

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Niwrad posted:

They paid him $14 million this offseason and built their marketing around him coming to the team this year. A 5-minute "here is why we have moved you from starting PG to the last guy off the bench" seems like the respectful thing to do.

Remember they fired Thibodeau because he didn't communicate well and hired Fred because as Gar said he is a "great communicator".

it was a joke.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who do i even loving root for in a power struggle between the bulls front office and loving rajon rondo

the answer, of course is mcdermit

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I was looking up Prigioni's old team Baskonia because he said a bunch of glowing stuff about them in his retirement speech

It currently features former NBAers Andrea Bargnani, Rodrigue Beaubois, Chase Budinger, Shane Larkin and Tornike Shengalia. (The Three Net Superteam)

According to this roster Shane and Chase both start, Shengalia and Beaubois are bunch players, but Bargnani is the third string center hahhh

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I would willing watch a ten hour supercut of Lebron's best passes

If you cut together all his assists and only gave them 4.5 seconds a piece you'd have over 8 hours and 45 minutes of film :wth: add in the hockey assists and missed shots off great passes and you'll get an extended edition well beyond 10 hours I bet

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

EvanTH posted:

I was looking up Prigioni's old team Baskonia because he said a bunch of glowing stuff about them in his retirement speech

It currently features former NBAers Andrea Bargnani, Rodrigue Beaubois, Chase Budinger, Shane Larkin and Tornike Shengalia. (The Three Net Superteam)

According to this roster Shane and Chase both start, Shengalia and Beaubois are bunch players, but Bargnani is the third string center hahhh

and yet still listed as the starting center for Team Italy, mama mia!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

EvanTH posted:

If you cut together all his assists and only gave them 4.5 seconds a piece you'd have over 8 hours and 45 minutes of film :wth: add in the hockey assists and missed shots off great passes and you'll get an extended edition well beyond 10 hours I bet

I hope Shane Larkin fired his agent after convincing him to opt out of his deal this year for a big pay day.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

who do i even loving root for in a power struggle between the bulls front office and loving rajon rondo

I'd really love to witness the conference calls and meetings that lead to signing Rondo. It would be like a Coen Brothers movie

Do you think marginal NBA teams spent wildly this offseason because they realized they'd have like 9m in luxury tax subsidies

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 11, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hahahahaha

Not as good as his gynecologist tweet though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Jalen Rose just said that he wants to see Rondo on the Grizzlies and I shouted no so loudly I blew the windows off my 1993 maroon Volvo 240 station wagon

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/tetradugenica/status/818984466265870336
Please retweet this if you are able so that we can save some careers

If you retweet this I will find you and follow you (looking at you Dexo gimme the deets Dexo)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I shouted no so loudly I blew the windows off my 1993 maroon Volvo 240 station wagon

woah that is the most teacher car possible

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
reposting this deeply sick clip (he missed the free throw what a chump):
https://streamable.com/jeid4

EvanTH posted:

Information Technology is incredible these days!!
https://streamable.com/jeid4

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wiz needed a last second shot to beat a bulls team with no butler, wade, mirotic, and played rondo at crunch time

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Answer is Rondo.

Rondo isn't a problem. Rondo is the symptom of the problem. If Rondo destroy's the actual problem then all is well.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

woah that is the most teacher car possible

Just hit 300,000 miles baby, Thunderhorse keeps a-rollin

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
So when I turned off the game last night the contest was completely over so Mike Breen and Walt Frazier were filling time talking about how Clyde attended Ali v. Frazier and I must have checked out right before this:
https://streamable.com/w7q5r

freakin' lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Rondo is BACK

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/819012718619398145

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

So when I turned off the game last night the contest was completely over so Mike Breen and Walt Frazier were filling time talking about how Clyde attended Ali v. Frazier and I must have checked out right before this:

freakin' lmao

I turned the Knicks game off for the NCG and that was somehow more entertaining

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

freakin' lmao

This is good

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Los Tres Alphas ride again

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I saw the headline "Hawks GM disciplined for racially charged remark" and thought they had somehow finally fined Danny Ferry

but nope it's another guy and apparently the Hawks have a GM?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18446972/atlanta-hawks-disciplined-general-manager-wes-wilcox-racially-charged-remark

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/819018143507107840

Rondo is operating at Bulls front office levels of petty. This is gonna own.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

R.D. Mangles posted:

wiz needed a last second shot to beat a bulls team with no butler, wade, mirotic, and played rondo at crunch time

the washington wiz you say? :smugdon:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Demar Derozen had 13 rebounds tonight. What the gently caress Celtics?

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013
huskies, bitch

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

:lol: This team going nowhere definitely needs Rondo taking minutes from young players the Bulls desperately need to develop.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Derrick Rose flew to Chicago to give his back-ness powers to Rajon "Back" Rondo.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets rattling off that easy 9 game winning streak.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Niwrad posted:

:lol: This team going nowhere definitely needs Rondo taking minutes from young players the Bulls desperately need to develop.

What young players?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Demar Derozen had 13 rebounds tonight. What the gently caress Celtics?

The Celtics were missing their leading rebounder (no joke) and best defender in Avery Bradley, who happens to be a shooting guard. It's pretty much how I thought it would go but it was a fun game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

What young players?

Valentine, Grant, McDermott

• Locked thread