Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WE JUST SPENT AN EPISODE GOING OVER THIS poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

muscles like this! posted:

I didn't mind it specifically this week, after two weeks it helped to have a slow episode to reorient myself.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

It wasn't to explain to us, it was to show their progression

They are special boys

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You ever scare a man so hard he melts?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JT Jag posted:

It wasn't to explain to us, it was to show their progression

They are special boys

I don't give a gently caress. The show explained it already. We didn't need to go over it again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I love the scaring of Sadaso.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like how they start the episode explaining how there's 4 techniques but then they keep going "oh yeah here's this other bullshit technique but no it's totally still the 4 exercises"

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt

I was out shoveling snow come in for G Gundam and Host Club

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I like how they start the episode explaining how there's 4 techniques but then they keep going "oh yeah here's this other bullshit technique but no it's totally still the 4 exercises"
This is thoroughly explained.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

HxH is good but holy gently caress can it get tedious at times like this.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

I'm going to guess this series starts really stretching the boundaries of these "rules" with nen powers as it goes on, doesn't it?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Well to be correct. These are just advanced applications of the techniques. Gyo is using Ren and sending it into your eyes. In is using Zetsu on just parts of your aura.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'm going to guess this series starts really stretching the boundaries of these "rules" with nen powers as it goes on, doesn't it?
Not really, it hasn't told us all the rules yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The rules are pretty free form. How everything fits together is explained in a few episodes. (And one of the most interesting things is brought up.)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Nen is very strange because it passes itself off as a very technical system to begin with, but the usage leads to stuff that it really doesn't matter.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

fit em all up in there posted:

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt

I was out shoveling snow come in for G Gundam and Host Club

The G stands for Go(o)d!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
OH GOOD, it's time for Naruto to out-Bleach Bleach and tell Itachi's life story post-mortem over SEVERAL episodes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rhonne posted:

GERMAN MEDICINE IS ZE GREATEST IN ZE WORLD!

Can't wait to hear this guy try to make the sound of a nazi-cyborg getting ripped apart by a killer squirrel

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MonsterEnvy posted:

I love the scaring of Sadaso.

I love how they spend the entire episode making him out to be this totally bad dude and then Killua pulls that stunt and scares him so bad that he just no-shows for their fight.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Is this pirate leader lady just going to casually be on fire in the background for the entire episode?

Edit: Yes

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 8, 2017

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"The real nightmare is waiting for you... in the New World!" Sounds like one of those things villains say that oversells the threat, huh?

He ain't lying. Moria is nothing.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Since I know how much everyone here loves Akame ga Kill, I figured I'd bring it up here that the manga finally ended. It hit most of the beats of the anime's ending (though somehow being even edgier), with one big difference. Tatsumi (the dumb MC) doesn't end up dying. Instead this happens.

He becomes a dragon man.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Genocyber posted:

He becomes a dragon man.

Perhaps more importantly, he scores.

e: also, gently caress cabin.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Genocyber posted:

Since I know how much everyone here loves Akame ga Kill, I figured I'd bring it up here that the manga finally ended. It hit most of the beats of the anime's ending (though somehow being even edgier), with one big difference. Tatsumi (the dumb MC) doesn't end up dying. Instead this happens.

He becomes a dragon man.

So in other words, he never fucks Esdeath. Ending sucks.

Polygynous posted:

Perhaps more importantly, he scores.

But not with Esdeath, so it doesn't matter.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

JT Jag posted:

I've never thought of Newtypes as a "force" sort of thing, its more genetics

Don't you dare bring up the prequels
The Phantom Menace straight up copies newtype precognitive reflexes and makes it the reason the Jedi are so good at piloting.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It also didn't happen on Toonami, so it doesn't count either way.

Speaking of, now that Goten has appeared, we can officially put Goku on the list. He had Gohan before Z, so he wasn't on til now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Super did 1,369,000 viewers at 11:30.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Genocyber posted:

He becomes a dragon man.

seems like a tight fit

so does the cabin

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

So in other words, he never fucks Esdeath. Ending sucks.

But not with Esdeath, so it doesn't matter.

Esdeath scores with the Masochist Rakshasa assassin Suzuka.

She is the only villain to survive the series.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 10, 2017

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

that's... hunh.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It's surprisingly happy too. Like I was waiting for the pin to drop and get to the part where things went to poo poo again, like in the anime, but it ended on an upbeat ending.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
How did anything in that franchise ever get on Toonami.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I'm assuming it was cheap.

Plus toonami viewers have bad enough taste it's possible it was actually highly requested.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think that outside now toon,AI kind of had to take what they can get.

This year is different as each show ends there is something cool that can replace it.

And gundam.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's surprisingly happy too. Like I was waiting for the pin to drop and get to the part where things went to poo poo again, like in the anime, but it ended on an upbeat ending.

It's not a happy ending unless Tatsumi hosed Esdeath. :colbert:

This is just... I mean it's fitting for the series, but it's not happy.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Probably Magic posted:

"Quality Control" is just a myth; this block has aired plenty of garbage anime in the past and will undoubtedly do so again in both the near and distant future

if you're asking why they picked up AgK specifically, it's probably because Sentai was only charging pennies for the broadcast rights on account of the anime bombing so hard that the manga author was told to shut it down and get out by whoever the gently caress was publishing it

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Probably Magic posted:

Toonami is physically incapable of not playing the most requested show on their tumblr

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Toonami is physically incapable of not playing the most requested show on their tumblr

Impossible or we would've had DB Super and\or Jojo's years ago.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was double checking the Ohayocon Sunday schedule to see if there were any panels I wanted to go to and wouldn't ya know it, Michael Sinterniklaas (Dean Venture, Origami Cyclone) was added to Lisa Ortiz's autograph session. This is gonna rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i warned u guys gundam unicorn was poo poo

i told you

also, the first few episodes are actually the best parts of gundam unicorn

• Locked thread