Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ditty bout my clitty posted:

If you're going to call me out, I'll let you know that I speak three languages and my enunciation in either aren't reminiscent of being hit in the head with a shovel.

Should try and record yourself talking, and then post it to the Internet. As a non-native English speaker that is kinda confident in his English, I know my accent is REALLY noticeable regardless. You could be the same.

Also I don't think I ever met a native French speaker whose English isn't stupidly accented for whatever reason. Must be phonems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god we are seriously taking an already lovely and toxic situation and somehow making it even shittier. Quit it.

Nobody has been permabanned, or otherwise will be unable to cough up another :10bux: and return like nothing ever happened.

Some LPers are having a spat with Lowtax; beyond that none of this is any of our concern.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A Quebec accent sounds unusual to both Americans and French, but I can assure you that's an actual accent. It's on the heavy side, but that's what they sound like. You get used to it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I hope the banned people get their accounts back one way or another, its kinda dumb if they're banned over twitter drama.

Lowtax ignores most poo poo thrown his way but he's historically been extremely heavy handed against people who talk poo poo about his daughter or his relationship with her so I'm not really terribly surprised he went full tilt so quickly.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the only good part was lowtax's menchies filling up with people happy that voidburger got banned because she made fun of the silent hill wiki circumcision thing

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I see no such things. Perhaps you're confusing it with the people mocking the "castration is misogyny" incident?
I for one am glad the bad posters are gone. They were obsessive creeps who could never shut up about banned topics, intentionally stirred poo poo, and PE sounds like a downright violent person.

And there's plenty of DSP style material to be found here too. They have more in common than you think. Really, I'll let the LP superstar speak for herself.

Who knew free employment was for rats? And rats commuting together to work to boot! But what do I know, I have a job, so I must be one of those "rat race fuckers" as well, along with most of the planet.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

HGH posted:

I for one am glad the bad posters are gone. They were obsessive creeps who could never shut up about banned topics, intentionally stirred poo poo, and PE sounds like a downright violent person.

Lol what the gently caress universe are you even living in, dude

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

HGH posted:

I see no such things. Perhaps you're confusing it with the people mocking the "castration is misogyny" incident?

And there's plenty of DSP style material to be found here too. They have more in common than you think. Really, I'll let the LP superstar speak for herself.

Who knew free employment was for rats? And rats commuting together to work to boot! But what do I know, I have a job, so I must be one of those "rat race fuckers" as well, along with most of the planet.

you just said obsessive creeps and then quoted some text out of nowhere lmao

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
im actually a happy rat race fucker. so take that

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
DSP hate at this point is really normal. Obsessively posting a picture of a man accidentally caught on camera masturbating is total normal person behavior guys.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lotta unapologetic Battletoads fans popping up ITT.

Diabetus is gonna be pissed.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

RareAcumen posted:

Lotta unapologetic Battletoads fans popping up ITT.

Diabetus is gonna be pissed.

I commute to work via the turbo tunnel every day, and let me tell you, I've never been happier

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muike posted:

I commute to work via the turbo tunnel every day, and let me tell you, I've never been happier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3gRHlJS478

Me, every Monday.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

in trump's america the funding for building-side roads will be slashed

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

muike posted:

you just said obsessive creeps and then quoted some text out of nowhere lmao
Ever since a bunch of LPers decides they valued Schmorky so much a lot of their embarassing poo poo has been reposted around Lowtax' twitter, so you can thank him instead for opening this can of worms. And if a bunch of pedo-apologists get outed along with their dirty laundry then it's for the better.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

HGH posted:

Ever since a bunch of LPers decides they valued Schmorky so much a lot of their embarassing poo poo has been reposted around Lowtax' twitter, so you can thank him instead for opening this can of worms. And if a bunch of pedo-apologists get outed along with their dirty laundry then it's for the better.

that's not what happened you loving weirdo lol

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Ok I'll admit im being overly hostile which is a core issue that led to the whole thing anyway so I'll apologize for calling you a weirdo but I think you're still presenting a very bizarre interpretation of events, which is possibly caused by either selective use of information or limited access to information.

One person said a dumb thing (that did not defend shmorky gubelstein) which was dumb in a way that would understandably offend lowtax. Due to the nature of the internet a reasonable discourse couldn't be had about it so instead it turned into assholes going after the original person way in excess of proportional response. Psych and Voidburger got drawn in because a friend of theirs was getting dogpiled as a result of Lowtax's tweets. At no point did anyone actually defend shmorky who is a monster and im pretty sure everyone knows that

And if people are digging up personal information about the people involved that's even more hosed up than the stupid drama

muike fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 11, 2017

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
also donald trump likes pee-pee lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

muike posted:

Ok I'll admit im being overly hostile which is a core issue that led to the whole thing anyway so I'll apologize for calling you a weirdo but I think you're still presenting a very bizarre interpretation of events, which is possibly caused by either selective use of information or limited access to information.

One person said a dumb thing (that did not defend shmorky gubelstein) which was dumb in a way that would understandably offend lowtax. Due to the nature of the internet a reasonable discourse couldn't be had about it so instead it turned into assholes going after the original person way in excess of proportional response. Psych and Voidburger got drawn in because a friend of theirs was getting dogpiled as a result of Lowtax's tweets. At no point did anyone actually defend shmorky who is a monster and im pretty sure everyone knows that

And if people are digging up personal information about the people involved that's even more hosed up than the stupid drama

muike posted:

also donald trump likes pee-pee lol

drat, you balance genuine wholesome goodposting and rabid, feral wolverine shitposting in a way I could never hope to match.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
2017 is already turning out to be 2016 on meth

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

HGH posted:

no one did that, no one's doing that, get hosed

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

muike posted:

That's pretty much the whole point of that lovely forum that got the shmorky info in the first place, so yeah creepy spergs are being creepy and playing internet detective on people.

Even more, that trash heap is the kind of place going ape at some of the LPers because they're the thing they dread most, liberals and womz on the internet.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

HGH posted:

I think Voidburger pissed off a bunch of GamerGaters which might be where stuff like this is coming from.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What's wrong with the term rat race?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Andrast posted:

Given the cropping, I believe HGH was trying to imply that Psych's tone choice was due to needing to take transport with the plebs rather than due to how messed up the diamond industry is.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Scaramouche posted:

I think Voidburger pissed off a bunch of GamerGaters which might be where stuff like this is coming from.

I mean they had gall to exist as a woman on the internet, so yeah that'd do it.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

Filth like you is why these forums turned to poo poo.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Andrast posted:

something something Jon Lovitz

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

HGH posted:

I think you have some issues.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > The Miscellaneous Outside-SA LP Crap Shoot

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god;

drop it.

The only reason I am loathe to totally ban discussion of this clusterfuck is because two fairly prominent SA LPers are banned, and might understandably choose not to return, in which case they will become directly relevant to this thread as Outside-SA LPers.

Otherwise, the Do Not Import Drama rule is in full effect. This whole thing is regrettable enough already; let's not make it worse and let's definitely not stir the poo poo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Alright, sorry I asked about it and thanks to folks at least clearing up the Chinese Whispers stuff.

On other Outside SA LP stuff Awesome Games Done Quick is on and it got me wondering, are there any speedrunners out there who actually hit that nice blend of good LP commentary on top of speedruns?

Commentary side GDQ is getting better and I think they're letting runners know that they should prep a little commentary about what they're doing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Golden Goat posted:

Alright, sorry I asked about it and thanks to folks at least clearing up the Chinese Whispers stuff.

On other Outside SA LP stuff Awesome Games Done Quick is on and it got me wondering, are there any speedrunners out there who actually hit that nice blend of good LP commentary on top of speedruns?

Commentary side GDQ is getting better and I think they're letting runners know that they should prep a little commentary about what they're doing.

I feel like most speedrunners don't really do "commentary" when they're streaming, it's more about chat interaction and actively focusing on their WR attempts.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah I get that it's just with the GDQ commentary getting better i feel there would be more speedrunners getting into actual commentary on top of speedrunning. Having them explain the crazy poo poo they do on camera is neat.

E: Maybe what I want is more LPs doing glitch exhibitions.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah I get that it's just with the GDQ commentary getting better i feel there would be more speedrunners getting into actual commentary on top of speedrunning. Having them explain the crazy poo poo they do on camera is neat.

Speedrunners do do that sometimes, especially if you just politely ask them to explain some stuff or when they've been raided with a bunch of new viewers.

The problem is that they're typically doing the same runs over and over again to an established audience, so obviously there's no point in explaining the glitches every time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's me, I do that (this is the old WR video, I have a new one but this one is better commentary imo). Some speedrunners I would recommend are Jigzaw_Killer who speedruns The Evil Within and Anthony Caliber who speedruns The Last of Us. Both entertaining people who also have the ability to focus on the game while they explain their strategy/etc.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Ocarina of Time 3D run from a few days ago had the overwhelming majority of its commentary done by the runner, which made an already great run even better.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
HiddenDistance runs La-Mulana and has good live commentary during his runs. I haven't checked his other videos, but those are pretty nice; he did more or less an LP of the speedrun route, explaining it in good detail, and did a no-hit run where he had a good balance of interacting with his chat, performing well, answering in decent detail questions that came up, and having fun.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

The Ocarina of Time 3D run from a few days ago had the overwhelming majority of its commentary done by the runner, which made an already great run even better.
Yeah I saw that, it was really good. I'll check out his streams.

CJacobs posted:

It's me, I do that (this is the old WR video, I have a new one but this one is better commentary imo). Some speedrunners I would recommend are Jigzaw_Killer who speedruns The Evil Within and Anthony Caliber who speedruns The Last of Us. Both entertaining people who also have the ability to focus on the game while they explain their strategy/etc.

I haven't forgotten your cool MP runs.

Any plans to go to GDQ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yes! I'm applying to SGDQ this year (didn't want to go to AGDQ because I hate travelling in the cold). I don't think I'll make it in because I'm not a very popular streamer/my YT channel isn't very popular, but it's worth a shot anyway.

edit: And the only thing I'm worried about is that the game might also hold me back. I can't do the run at GDQ on NYM Hardcore, because if I die then the run fails and I can't finish it. But the game has a lot of lengthy chapter intro cutscenes (including the 5 minute opening video) that you can't skip on the normal difficulties.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 11, 2017

• Locked thread