Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

So what are we expecting for the upcoming Green Hunt? I'm guessing it's not going to be nearly as lucrative as an orbfest (and thus not worth spending mythril on for refreshes), but it'll still be the order of the day for farming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Is the green hunt boosted xp too like an orbfest? My secondary account hopes so.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Now that I have walls, shout, a +30/30 offense boost, and at least a mediocre healing BSB (Aerith)...
I have a few goals: round out a mage team, get offrnsive synergy for the realms I lack (2, 10, 11,12, maybe 5), get medicas for Cid Mission (1,3, 4, 8, 11, 13), and round out a wind or fire team (imperil for wind and more EnFire for fire).
Despite my better judgement, I talked myself into pulling on the 13-2 banner last night to round out my mage synergy. Cid's coat. At least it's a mage relic, but looking at the 9 banners I kind of regret pulling at all. (I don't need 9 synergy, but banner 1 has a wind imperil and 9 is my favorite game).

I'm at 90 mythril now and want to pull on the nightmare at least once. What realms will there be featured in the lucky draws for the next couple months?

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

NGDBSS posted:

So what are we expecting for the upcoming Green Hunt? I'm guessing it's not going to be nearly as lucrative as an orbfest (and thus not worth spending mythril on for refreshes), but it'll still be the order of the day for farming.

Well, it certainly is a shame the Event starts late on Thursday because it would've been a good use of the day's stamina compared to its Daily Dungeon in its current state (hence why it becomes a permanent feature of Thursdaily after the IX Event finishes).

Otherwise, I think it's fine to keep a nice stash of Greens for the rare occasion the Exchange gets a large shipment of Element/Status Resistance Accessories.

In other news, I'm officially pulling on IX Banner 2: any spare Tin Armor will be dedicated to Elephant Ambush.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 11, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
What is a good upcoming banner to pull on for defensive tech. I've got a few BSBs and a medica but I lack any walls.

I pulled twice on FFXIV hoping for wall or medica burst for Y'shtola and ended up with everything but.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

"Wall" is a term we use referring to Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire and Y'Shtola's Stoneskin II, both of which triple defense and resistance. Tyro's ought to be on the next Keeper's Choice. If you're looking for more general defense options FFT seems fairly defensive.

Edit: if you're looking specifically for Wall you're probably fine to just RW it given you have Shout and a medica.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 11, 2017

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah, I was stoked to get a wall on OSB banner 1 and it turns out I'm still RWing it because I have better things to do with my healer now (BSB).

Its certainly important to have for a lot of fights but if you've got better options to use you're better off RWing it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
XIV took all my mythril that I didn't use for OSB 1; banner 1 finally solved my lack of a Wall, banner 2 gave me both +Fire weapons and the rest of Yda's tech besides (missing Sphairai, though; didn't get it last XIV event and wasn't available now). That would have been my only BSB if I hadn't broken decorum for one last 5 mythril pull on banner 1 - Veil of Wiyu, leaving me at 7/9 on the banner (now to hope for the Circlet someday).

Cid IV event needs to come so I can 99 my elezen boy.

Also I need orbfest-level income again- when RNG decided I'd been without a Wall long enough, it felt strongly enough to give me a ++ on the same pull.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Nihilarian posted:

"Wall" is a term we use referring to Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire and Y'Shtola's Stoneskin II, both of which triple defense and resistance. Tyro's ought to be on the next Keeper's Choice. If you're looking for more general defense options FFT seems fairly defensive.

Edit: if you're looking specifically for Wall you're probably fine to just RW it given you have Shout and a medica.

Thanks a lot! I'm struggling with difficulty 160 using just protectga and shellga, the damage I'm dealing seems ok, but my healing can't keep up with how much I'm taking. I'll try using RW for additional defence.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Tyros SG is still available on the Keeper's Choice 2 banner. Though power creep has really done a disservice to the the banner as a whole, not to mention the lack of guaranteed 5* on 11 pull.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

hooman posted:

Thanks a lot! I'm struggling with difficulty 160 using just protectga and shellga, the damage I'm dealing seems ok, but my healing can't keep up with how much I'm taking. I'll try using RW for additional defence.

You are using Breakdowns, etc too, right?

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
So, I started right at the start of orbfest and had just a ton of exp eggs to work with, so I've gotten a full a-team to lvl 80ish.

I got doctor mogs, mako might, and some basic dps RMs, and am looking at RM3s for important targets. Which is a really long way away.

I was wondering if it's efficient to go for the RM2s that give EXP first, in the long run. They won't be coming fast on their own, since I need 65 plus RNG to unlock them, but a 20% exp boost would still save a lot of time in the long run for targeting rm3s. Am I wrong?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I made a thread over on the subreddit giving a bunch of good SB options for MP Barthandelus that aren't Indomitable Blade or Wall if anyone here would find that useful. I was seeing everyone talk about the main hyped relics but there's actually a bunch of lesser talked about things that are incredibly nice for this fight.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Attestant posted:

You are using Breakdowns, etc too, right?

Yeah full break, power breakdown and magic breakdown but they're not honed so I'm only getting 2 uses out of each.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Attestant posted:

Tyros SG is still available on the Keeper's Choice 2 banner. Though power creep has really done a disservice to the the banner as a whole, not to mention the lack of guaranteed 5* on 11 pull.
Keeper's Choice 2 has G5, Keeper's Choice 1 does not.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

hooman posted:

Yeah full break, power breakdown and magic breakdown but they're not honed so I'm only getting 2 uses out of each.

Yeah, that'll be a part of the problem. Aim for rank 3 for Magic and Power Breakdowns, and r2 for Full Break. Having longer coverage of breaks is pretty huge.

Nihilarian posted:

Keeper's Choice 2 has G5, Keeper's Choice 1 does not.

Huh, so it is. For some reason I was thinking that it only had the armor selection.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Attestant posted:

Yeah, that'll be a part of the problem. Aim for rank 3 for Magic and Power Breakdowns, and r2 for Full Break. Having longer coverage of breaks is pretty huge.

Thanks, I will work on getting them honed. I'm also working towards getting Mako might so I can start the battles with 2 sb's instead of just 1 (from Dr. Mogs) which should also help.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I made a thread over on the subreddit giving a bunch of good SB options for MP Barthandelus that aren't Indomitable Blade or Wall if anyone here would find that useful. I was seeing everyone talk about the main hyped relics but there's actually a bunch of lesser talked about things that are incredibly nice for this fight.

I'd imagine Tellah's SSB (ATK/MAG +30%, Party Powerchain, and self-doom but that doesn't matter here) would be a good one too if you can throw it out right after the Dispel. Letting everyone else put up their buffs quickly with the instant cast should hopefully make recovering easier to deal with.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

pichupal posted:

I'd imagine Tellah's SSB (ATK/MAG +30%, Party Powerchain, and self-doom but that doesn't matter here) would be a good one too if you can throw it out right after the Dispel. Letting everyone else put up their buffs quickly with the instant cast should hopefully make recovering easier to deal with.

Huh... I swear I remember that being only a self powerchain effect but I guess I was wrong. :derp: I'll add that to the list, that's definitely useful.

Also!

That U++ fight was rude and I ended up resorting to a mage team with an Ashe BSB RW to melt through it as fast as I could. Faris still died on me midway through but the combo of Maria BSB and Papalymo using the Ashe RW got me through in the end. Even squeaked out mastery somehow! :toot:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Oh man, apocalypse bart does NOT gently caress around.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Erm ok so I'm trying this U++ with a mage team and every time this thing opens up with that tertiary plasma attack that one shots anybody on my team. What exactly am I supposed to do here? Everyone is lvl 70+ and in the back row, but I never get a chance to put any mitigation up.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Just reload until your Protectga caster starts with a near-full ATB. Prioritize Protectga and Attack Breakdown over Wall and Full Break.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

hooman posted:

I forgot to reply to this yesterday;

If you can't make/hone the Breakdown abilities, the much cheaper Break abilities aren't a bad choice to tide you over. They are 3* combat instead of 4* support, deal slightly less damage and reduce boss stats by 15% instead of 20% (physical breakdowns) or 25% (magical breakdowns).

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
To add to that, r2 for all the breaks should be good enough for mitigation. You'd want at least r3 for your breakdowns (not full break) so your supports can do damage, but as far as shutting down the boss r2 is plenty good.

If you're having trouble doing damage such that r2 isn't enough, you should focus on upgrading your damage dealers.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Inge posted:

Oh man, apocalypse bart does NOT gently caress around.

Having cleared it twice, I'm wondering if Haste just isn't as vital on MP as it is in SP. It still helps, but between forced speed 3 and the MP lag, it doesn't feel as impactful. Both clears I've done were without Hastegas (also no Boostgas, but that's more due to Barthandelus' relative squishiness in solo phase). I imagine it'll still help, but with the prevalence of Bursts in MP, you might have things like Minfilia SSB being more useful than Ramza SSB, for example.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Beasteh posted:

Trip report from a day of helping goons finish multiplayer on the discord: Raines BSB owns bones

He may be stuck at 80 for a while but his utility and sheer damage output is absolutely nutty

I can confirm that Raines BSB rules. Thanks guys for helping me finish the Multiplayer FFV and FFXIV events with time to spare.

I didn't have time to change from my Ult+ team of Vanille/Rosa/Tyro/Terra/Papalymo to a different team for the Ult++ because I only had five minutes to go. Didn't matter as I comfortably beat Garuda. The team didn't have a weakness to exploit so the DPS was kinda cruddy but I was in no danger of dying.

She went out swinging at least.. for a 500 damage physical at the very end :v:

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

ApplesandOranges posted:

Having cleared it twice, I'm wondering if Haste just isn't as vital on MP as it is in SP. It still helps, but between forced speed 3 and the MP lag, it doesn't feel as impactful. Both clears I've done were without Hastegas (also no Boostgas, but that's more due to Barthandelus' relative squishiness in solo phase). I imagine it'll still help, but with the prevalence of Bursts in MP, you might have things like Minfilia SSB being more useful than Ramza SSB, for example.

Yeah I've tried MP twice with pubs, on both occasions we got to the solo stage and just did not have the offense to bring it down in time. Between tyro and yshtola, I keep everyone alive just fine, but nobody seems to have the initiative to bring enough heat (or instant OK resist).

I'd do a goon raid but I'm in a weird time zone so it's difficult :(

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Having tried to slam my head against Apoc bosses for hours with pubbies, followed by doing them with friends;

Holy poo poo is that a night and day difference. It's easy to forget how much one stupid command costs you in this game, let alone, say, a person repeatedly casting Slowga on Aiatar Apoc. Managed to get those down last minute thanks to that, which makes me happy.

Also got down Apoc Bart, wherein my role was "Wrath three full bars of Rosa's Medica and constantly spam it once we took out the shoulderpads of doom". Worked rather well!

Also man, Kain's BSB is much better than I tend to credit it. You just absolutely have to have Lightning Dive. There's no real question here.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think a big part of why hastega isn't as important is that almost everyone is bringing BSB which provides haste anyway. The time I finally cleared Apoc Greg in a pubbie group we ddin't have hastega and still beat it. I think all but one character was carrying a BSB.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
do torment dungeons reappear?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yes.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

flowinprose posted:

I think a big part of why hastega isn't as important is that almost everyone is bringing BSB which provides haste anyway. The time I finally cleared Apoc Greg in a pubbie group we ddin't have hastega and still beat it. I think all but one character was carrying a BSB.

Bart is a fight where his unique quirks make haste not as valuable. He constantly dispels and then spams AoE attacks, which mean that stuff like Last Stand or Reraise become a lot more valuable since your mitigation could go down any time, and having a Wall queued up is the difference between clearing or wiping.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rk multiplayer and tight timing requirements is a loving terrible combination

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

I was unsure about pulling on the second XIII banner, but it turned out good.

3/11
Cid Raines BSB - My first magic BSB :woop:
two copies of Serah's MAG/MND boost bow, which goes nicely with the Clock Master I picked up for her a while back.

I already had Cid's holy imperil SSB, so that's gonna cause a lot of hard decisions about whether to drop the imperil or go straight to bsb spam.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

hit button posted:

I was unsure about pulling on the second XIII banner, but it turned out good.

3/11
Cid Raines BSB - My first magic BSB :woop:
two copies of Serah's MAG/MND boost bow, which goes nicely with the Clock Master I picked up for her a while back.

I already had Cid's holy imperil SSB, so that's gonna cause a lot of hard decisions about whether to drop the imperil or go straight to bsb spam.

With Wrath, you can do both!

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Prav posted:

rk multiplayer and tight timing requirements is a loving terrible combination

Fun fact; When I did Bart U+, I had SS2 queued up and waiting, finger hovering over it, for the Ultimate Dispel, hit it during the animation.

And then he used his buff and Ruinga as a chained action right after it. No one could act between. He literally chainacted the entire triple thing.

Good netcode you guys have there guys. Glad we had an Ark Blast and it was the U+, or that would have potentially been a wipe.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Just beat Apocalypse Bart. We had Celes + Indominatable blade, two OSB users for DPS, two Ramzas and my SG. Our big weakness was healing- a Wrath+SSB Rosa was decent, but our only BSB healer was Aerith. A Yshtola BSB would have made things a lot easier.

I brought Powerchain with my Tyro and used Ramza's BSB (we had another Ramza using Shout) to keep Tyro always topped up with a SB gauge. I felt kind of useless for part of the battle, but having a powerchained SG right after he dispelled worked out pretty well. I think parties need a hastega, IB/Grand Cross effect, at least one SG, some magic blink, at least two good DPS, and preferably a couple Yshtola or Vanille BSBs to have a chance without gimmicks.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ETB posted:

With Wrath, you can do both!

Yeah, slap on Ace Striker + Wrath, build up two gauge, then Seraphic Ray -> Metamorphose -> coast almost entirely on weakness exploitation SB bonuses.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Sega 32X posted:

Just beat Apocalypse Bart. We had Celes + Indominatable blade, two OSB users for DPS, two Ramzas and my SG. Our big weakness was healing- a Wrath+SSB Rosa was decent, but our only BSB healer was Aerith. A Yshtola BSB would have made things a lot easier.

I brought Powerchain with my Tyro and used Ramza's BSB (we had another Ramza using Shout) to keep Tyro always topped up with a SB gauge. I felt kind of useless for part of the battle, but having a powerchained SG right after he dispelled worked out pretty well. I think parties need a hastega, IB/Grand Cross effect, at least one SG, some magic blink, at least two good DPS, and preferably a couple Yshtola or Vanille BSBs to have a chance without gimmicks.

I wonder if I'd be accepted into groups if I went in with Yshtola AND Vanille. My DPS units are unremarkable for that fight. I really need to crack into RM3 with more characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The easiest way to deal with Apoc Bart, especially in an uncoordinated party, is to load up on every possible stat debuff effect you can. If you manage to live the dream(Cleansing Strike + Vaan BSB + Full Break + Breakdown) his self-buffed Ruinga after the dispel will only hit for like 2k even if you haven't successfully gotten literally any mitigation up yet, and his Dispel doesn't touch his own stat debuffs so you can apply it safely in advance without having to deal with timing anything in a narrow window or coordinating with party members.

Magic Blink totally fucks his life up as well, especially spammable Magic Blinks like Rosa SSB or Tyro BSB. It won't stop Thanatosian Smile but it will completely shut out Ruinga and Destrudo.

• Locked thread