Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Nice bra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

goose willis posted:

I never actually played Undertale and it's on sale this week

How much am I going to regret this purchase

I liked the game a whole lot, mostly because it was unrelentingly charming in a sea of games trying way too hard to be edgy or above it all. It was earnest.

It may or may not be your cup of tea, its main gameplay is RPG random encounters where you dodge enemy attacks in a few seconds long bullet hell section that is never really that difficult.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

goose willis posted:

I never actually played Undertale and it's on sale this week

How much am I going to regret this purchase

You've risked more money on dumber things.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ash Rose posted:

I liked the game a whole lot, mostly because it was unrelentingly charming in a sea of games trying way too hard to be edgy or above it all. It was earnest.

This totally can apply to a lot things in Undertale though. The main antagonist is literally a stupid little edgelord. You can argue it makes sense given his backstory and character, but it doesn't change how lovely it felt to deal with that twerp on my first play through.

I'd say Undertale is worth playing just to experience all the ways it tries to tell a story through game mechanics. I'd say its the most interesting thing about it. It doesn't always work, but its very unique in what it does. I'll give credit to anything that tries to be experimental with its story telling when so many games nowadays are stagnant when it comes to that.

So this isn't just text here are some different edgelords

Internet Kraken has a new favorite as of 07:04 on Jan 11, 2017

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Internet Kraken posted:

This totally can apply to a lot things in Undertale though. The main antagonist is literally a stupid little edgelord. You can argue it makes sense given his backstory and character, but it doesn't change how lovely it felt to deal with that twerp on my first play through.

I'd say Undertale is worth playing just to experience all the ways it tries to tell a story through game mechanics. I'd say its the most interesting thing about it. It doesn't always work, but its very unique in what it does. I'll give credit to anything that tries to be experimental with its story telling when so many games nowadays are stagnant when it comes to that.

This is what sticks out to me about the game. Aside from being fun, and having characters to care about, it tells its story in a way that just wouldn't work the same way if it wasn't a video game. That impresses me the more I think about it.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Not to get too off topic, but I always felt that the point of the character was to be a jackass edgelord. Like, he's meant to be a threat, but I never felt like you were supposed to take the things he says seriously.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Alacron posted:

Not to get too off topic, but I always felt that the point of the character was to be a jackass edgelord. Like, he's meant to be a threat, but I never felt like you were supposed to take the things he says seriously.

There has been fanart in this thread posted at least 20 times to this effect, yes

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Internet Kraken posted:

This totally can apply to a lot things in Undertale though. The main antagonist is literally a stupid little edgelord.

Without going to much into the story the fact that he was like that is precisely what I loved about the character and the encounter, You fought his super duper cool ultimate form he probably drew in crayon, like its explicitly that I bought that he was just a sad little boy lashing out is precisely what made the game feel so earnest. Again, that might not be interesting for everyone nor may it grab you the way it did other folks, it resonated with a lot of folks, and I was one of them.

Just don't go out of your way to find stuff you know will piss you off (a good statement about goons interacting with things tumblr likes in general) and you will probably have at least a fun time.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Dark Souls 4 looking good.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Yeah, I saw the Steam sale just AFTER I got done watching a "genocide route" playthrough. I'd been interested in the game for a while, and the sale clinched it. Even after knowing a lot of the content, I still decided to buy it. Thankfully, I haven't seen any of the content of the "pacifist route", which is supposed to have most of the story content, so I have something to look forward to.

And yes, I was just a little perturbed by that one line in the genocide route when I watched it on YT. I'll admit it. That kind of cleverness on the author's part is one of the reasons I used to justify a purchase to myself.

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 16:45 on Jan 11, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mezzanine posted:

Yeah, I saw the Steam sale just AFTER I got done watching a "genocide route" playthrough. I'd been interested in the game for a while, and the sale clinched it. Even after knowing a lot of the content, I still decided to buy it. Thankfully, I haven't seen any of the content of the "pacifist route", which is supposed to have most of the story content, so I have something to look forward to.

And yes, I was just a little perturbed by that one line in the genocide route when I watched it on YT. I'll admit it. That kind of cleverness on the author's part is one of the reasons I used to justify a purchase to myself.

There's a lot of clever lines in the game, you'll have to be more specific.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Probably the one where the game calls you out on watching an LP of the Genocide route instead of playing it for yourself

Just guessing

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Who What Now posted:

There's a lot of clever lines in the game, you'll have to be more specific.

HenryEx got it. Sorry, didn't want to spell it out on the off chance that someone else would get snagged by it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If nothing, you'll probably at least enjoy the soundtrack in Undertale. The music's pretty goddamn above mediocre.

https://twitter.com/sunfkowers/status/819000997808840704

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MOTHERFUCKING SHAREZONE

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i want to die

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mezzanine posted:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Retsuko is cool and good.

Internet Kraken posted:

Undertale is actually a decent game and worth playing. Its just not nearly as good as its incredibly obnoxious fanbase makes it out to be.

Captain Invictus honestly does the game a disservice with his posting gimmick.

Concordat has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Jan 26, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Concordat posted:

Captain Invictus honestly does the game a disservice with his posting gimmick.

Pomp posted:

i want to die

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

This world needs more Uncle Death fanart.

Unfortunately, I suck at art hunting.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Translation?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Kavak posted:

Translation?

Mom(Shinobu): Hey, let's ride that one next!
Kid: Mom, we've already been on the Tower of Terror three times today.
Dad: Shinobu, let's just go home...

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Myah, senpai!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

SOURCE NOW PLEASE

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Foglet posted:

SOURCE NOW PLEASE

Discord chat, so no idea. Sorry.

Also, this is the best.

edit: Fan art tax:

Ramos has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Jan 12, 2017

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Foglet posted:

SOURCE NOW PLEASE

http://imgur.com/a/j3iGr
http://joe-duncan.deviantart.com/

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

The original is my favorite thing in the world.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

pulp rag posted:

The original is my favorite thing in the world.

Source! http://shubbabang.tumblr.com/post/155777991658/remember-those-haunted-house-reaction-pictures

And more fanart from her:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I'm like 70% sure this is M:tG, but hell if I can make heads or tails of it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Who What Now posted:

I only ever played the 2013 planeswalker steam game where you can't even make your own deck but I'm pretty sure that guy was strong and the guys hiding from him were all 1/1 which means they are pretty weak, but the topdecked best card possible got played and it upgraded them all to some kind of number over another number which is much stronger and now they do the jojo pose.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Who What Now posted:

the winged demon is Griselbrand, the elves are mana dorks, and the big beast/lizard thing is Craterhoof Behemoth which JoJo your creatures when you play it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

• Locked thread