Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Whats up with Blizzard Mountain DLC? I made an 04 STI about 1k HP and it's S2 and every car I race against in the BM DLC is S1 I end up playing with the Drivatar Difficulty on Unbeatable to get a decent challenge, otherwise it's funny how awesome that dlc is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

CharlesM posted:

It's not equivalent to an A class car.

could make a front-wheel drive joke here but handbrakes are fun

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Haha, I was doing Goliath (as usual), and I hit those goddamn beach houses (as usual), so I rewound and it put my half a lap back.

Mind you, it left everyone else where they were. I went from 1st to 12th with not enough race left to come back. So, as sketchy as rewind was, it's worse now. On the bright side, it seems like they fixed the bit where enemy cars would get retarded and just sit there if you got too far ahead of them.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
If you have your PC set up to automatically update apps/games, hopefully FH3 didn't get done yet and you can cancel it.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst88633_January-Car-Pack-Download-Issue-Update--11-29-a-m--Pacific.aspx

the tl;dr is there's something wrong with the update on PC which corrupts saves, they've reverted the update on the server but if your machine has updated you need to uninstall and reinstall from scratch.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I panicked for a minute there while the game loaded so I could check. Back to The Grand Tour on amazon with relief in my pants.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Somehow I lost VIP with this update (XB1), I just had to reinstall the VIP thing from the marketplace (??) but something you should check on before you lose double credits on a spin like I just did.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So yeah if you want to see potential DLC cars in the future thanks to the PC patch clusterfuck: https://imgur.com/a/MevKB

That Lola is an odd addition to a Horizon game, but holy gently caress :flashfap:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

New car pack is kind of boring so this fuckery is welcome :cabot:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what is this profile not available bull poo poo?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doorknob Slobber posted:

what is this profile not available bull poo poo?

two or 3 posts up

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Just gimme all the Falcons and Commos plz

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why can't Porsche dlc come out when I'm still playing a forza game instead of 6 months-8 months after

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

We need more old Baja and Mickey Thompson trucks from the late '80s/early '90s IMHO.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
How do I actually figure out what the next race in a championship is?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, like I'm gonna buy the Porsche expansion again but for a different game.

gently caress, I probably will :(

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

CharlesM posted:

How do I actually figure out what the next race in a championship is?

You can go to the map and filter by championship events or you can use Anna and ask it to guide you to the next one.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

Dr. Faustus posted:

I love this car with all my heart.

Was good motivation to tune up a rally monster for this week's forzathon. Check your rivals!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wait blizzard mountain had a stratos?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

oh yes indeed it does

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Looks like the January car pack update is out for PC now. Hopefully this one doesn't corrupt saves!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turn-10's general manager is buying a Ford GT, this is how Ford sends you the information and order kit to pick out how you want your car to look before its built https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-N0Fh1yEk He has been waiting 2 years just to be put on the list to buy one.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Turn-10's general manager is buying a Ford GT,

Lmao guess game dev pays more than I thought

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Kind of hope ford finds a way to charge some dlc and micro transactions on that dude

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
thats pretty neat

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So even if I were to win the lottery, I'd never get one. Boo!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

Turn-10's general manager is buying a Ford GT, this is how Ford sends you the information and order kit to pick out how you want your car to look before its built https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa-N0Fh1yEk He has been waiting 2 years just to be put on the list to buy one.

guess re-selling us all those cars from past forza games over and over really paid off huh

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cubey posted:

guess re-selling us all those cars from past forza games over and over really paid off huh

Walmart has a special on axes right now. Yours looks pretty ground down.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

help what are jokes

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ergot posted:

Was good motivation to tune up a rally monster for this week's forzathon. Check your rivals!
Good morning!

Shortcut: No.
Big Air: No.
Need a Tow: Yes.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 8, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I put this down a couple of weeks ago after getting frustrated with the utter bullshit supernatural grip and control that other drivatars have on snow when you select any difficulty above average. Came back to have some fun in the snow and git gudder and it just boggles my mind how cheaty it feels. Take the hill jump cross country sprint up in the top left of the map. It defaults to extreme offroad, and I tried several times to race it using the two cars I had in that class, the Ford F100 Flareside Abatti and the RJ Anderson #37 Polaris, but even tweaked, they control like I've suddenly put away a bottle of moonshine and a generous measure of GHB while the opponent cars hurtle round snowy corners and over ice like they're on asphalt a good ten to fifteen miles an hour faster than I can take those same curves. So, I said gently caress it, turned traction and stability control back on, dropped the difficulty (which felt disheartening in and of itself) and hopped in my Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15R, which at least had the ability to steer and accelerate without deciding I wanted to go sideways.

tl;dr :mediocre: and nice meltdown

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

the Ford F100 Flareside Abatti and the RJ Anderson #37 Polaris

These trucks are generally pretty poo poo to race with, unless you convert them to AWD. That goes for anything in A class or higher really, for Blizzard Mountain.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

L_Harrison posted:

These trucks are generally pretty poo poo to race with, unless you convert them to AWD. That goes for anything in A class or higher really, for Blizzard Mountain.

Yeah I sort of got the feeling they were pants, that's why I went back to the Subaru. I've been slinging the Gurkha round without snow tyres too.

edit: I'd also like to say how insulting the 2000, 5000 and 7000 credit results are on wheelspins. Almost every time a HE car pops up in a wheelspin for me I end up hitting between the 2k/30k result. Rarely I'll hit 50k/75k/100k, and even when the cars on the wheel are crap it's a miracle when I land one. I've spent hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of credits on buying additional spins, it's nuts. I get wanting to draw the content out and people wanting to feel lucky when they do land a decent result, but come on. Out of the last fifteen wheelspins since I started playing tonight, 80% of them have been on the paltry end.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 11, 2017

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

I put this down a couple of weeks ago after getting frustrated with the utter bullshit supernatural grip and control that other drivatars have on snow when you select any difficulty above average. Came back to have some fun in the snow and git gudder and it just boggles my mind how cheaty it feels. Take the hill jump cross country sprint up in the top left of the map. It defaults to extreme offroad, and I tried several times to race it using the two cars I had in that class, the Ford F100 Flareside Abatti and the RJ Anderson #37 Polaris, but even tweaked, they control like I've suddenly put away a bottle of moonshine and a generous measure of GHB while the opponent cars hurtle round snowy corners and over ice like they're on asphalt a good ten to fifteen miles an hour faster than I can take those same curves. So, I said gently caress it, turned traction and stability control back on, dropped the difficulty (which felt disheartening in and of itself) and hopped in my Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15R, which at least had the ability to steer and accelerate without deciding I wanted to go sideways.

tl;dr :mediocre: and nice meltdown

if you want grip realism play f6 or better yet get a wheel and play iracing on pc and complain about grip with meltdowny people who will agree with you

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Or just get a wheel cuz it makes every racing game 100 times more fun.

Horizon 3 wheel feel isn't as good as FM6. And both feel bad compared to PC Sims. Still super fun.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Norns posted:

Or just get a wheel cuz it makes every racing game 100 times more fun.

Horizon 3 wheel feel isn't as good as FM6. And both feel bad compared to PC Sims. Still super fun.

Seeing as I've been playing a lot more racing games recently I have been thinking about a wheel. In particular, playing PCars with a controller was an exercise in Lament Configuration level suffering.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The ai is poo poo. But you can earn good money by doing rivals without having to worry about it. Just bang out the races you need to progress on easy.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DogonCrook posted:

The ai is poo poo. But you can earn good money by doing rivals without having to worry about it. Just bang out the races you need to progress on easy.

Yeah I've decided to be more flexible with the drivatar difficulty setting rather than smashing my face into a wall repeatedly while doing BM content. I'll start doing rivals more too, as mostly I've left it alone but if the money's better then I'm all over it.

I agree with whoever it was that said D and C class are more fun than A/S1/S2 too. While blistering, eye-boggling speed is without a doubt fun, hurling the slower cars around is a much richer experience.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Wow dick move expiring the ultimate pass discount on the expansions

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ethanol posted:

Wow dick move expiring the ultimate pass discount on the expansions

Just do hundreds of pointless bing searches then turn them into free MS Store gift cards but yeah that's a total dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hexenritter posted:

Seeing as I've been playing a lot more racing games recently I have been thinking about a wheel. In particular, playing PCars with a controller was an exercise in Lament Configuration level suffering.

Be sure the preload differential setting in the differential tuning submenu is at the 1/3 to 1/2 point of the line. That helps tremendously

• Locked thread