Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a new study bible! posted:

u forgot the pro bowl

They're doing the skills stuff this year, right?

Because: is must see tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/09/san-francisco-49ers-sue-santa-clara-over-allegations-of-contract-breach/ smh

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I do like that stuff, but if I'm going to go sweet, I prefer Kraken + Dr. Pepper.

Interestingly, all of the other alcoholic root beers and cherry sodas are balls compared to Not Your Father's.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Grittybeard posted:

Let's talk beer.

805 is a good beer

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

tk posted:

Interestingly, all of the other alcoholic root beers and cherry sodas are balls compared to Not Your Father's.

Quite. I use their ginger ale to make lazy Moscow/Kentucky mules. The 10% root beer is just gross though, way too syrupy.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Can Osweiler make it to the Pro Bowl somehow? I feel like he has the best shot at replicating that "magic".

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders were in a playoff game and Donald Trump is into golden showers

Can we vote 2017 into the hall of fame

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Do your parents know you used their credit card to sign up here?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Relentlessboredomm posted:

If this was a combine event, scouts would have a much better idea of a QB's skills than they get from the wonderlic

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Good luck 49ers, it wouldn't be hard for the city to gently caress you over in oh so many other ways even if you win this. Can't wait for them to pass the sporting event tax, where any public sporting event automatically has a 17,000% tax on face value of the ticket.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Half Acre in Chicago is good beer. Lakefront and New Glarus in Wisconsin is good beer. These are my beer takes

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i dont drink

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benny the Snake posted:

805 is a good beer

I went to school in Santa Barbara (the home market for Firestone) and 805 was my white whale. They sold it as Firestone Blonde to various places but it was kegs only, so when I left, I left my favorite beer there. When I started seeing 805 as a blonde ale from Firestone, I knew my prayers were answered.

Also:
https://twitter.com/JerryRice/status/819013385798848512

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So Jerry Rice can grasp anything besides how to use punctuation.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
No fair, I made an R Kelly joke like hours ago on twitter. None of my 12 followers have said poo poo :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

No fair, I made an R Kelly joke like hours ago on twitter. None of my 12 followers have said poo poo :(

Why are your followers seattle fans

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

swickles posted:

I joined twitter before the season to get breaking sports news. And because I'm an idiot I've engaged in some lively debate. Apparently, the go-to insult is how many twitter followers you have, which I find loving hilarious. I have eight, btw, and I'm sure they're all bots.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

warcrimes posted:

Apparently, the go-to insult is how many twitter followers you have, which I find loving hilarious. I have eight, btw, and I'm sure they're all bots.
I remember when reg date callouts were regular thing on the forums

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/10/packers-allison-faces-marijuana-charge/96399446/

quote:

GREEN BAY - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Geronimo Allison was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana last month after a traffic stop and subsequent arrest in early September.

The district attorney's office for Manitowoc County filed the charge on Dec. 15, 2016.

Allison, 22, was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 43 near Francis Creek at 1:19 p.m. on Sept. 4, 2016, according to a criminal complaint obtained by the Journal Sentinel. His Dodge rental car was clocked at 81 mph on a stretch of highway with a posted speed limit of 70 mph.

The complaint states trooper Bryan Ashenbrenner of the Wisconsin State Patrol smelled marijuana emanating from the car. Allison, who identified himself as a member of the Packers, denied smoking marijuana or having an illegal substance in the vehicle. He said the odor was left over from the night before when he was “with some guys that were smoking marijuana,” according to the narrative report.

But Ashenbrenner’s search of the vehicle produced three Backwoods cigars on the front passenger seat, and two of them were filled with a “green leafy material” that tested positive for THC.

Allison was placed under arrest for possession of marijuana and taken to the Manitowoc County Jail, where he declined to answer further questions. He was issued a citation for speeding and posted the $100 bond.

His first court appearance for the possession charge is scheduled for Jan. 23 in Manitowoc. The speeding ticket came with a $200.50 fine.

“The Packers are aware of the matter involving Geronimo Allison," the team said in a statement Tuesday. "Because this is an ongoing legal matter, we will refrain from making any further comment.”

An NFL spokesman said the league was aware of the matter and would have no further comment at this time. The NFL does not take action on substance-abuse charges until after the court case is resolved. If Allison were to be convicted, he could face discipline under the league's substance-abuse policy.

An undrafted rookie from Illinois, Allison signed with the Packers after the NFL draft. He piqued the interest of coach Mike McCarthy and his staff beginning in OTAs and minicamp, when his smooth route running and reliable hands first became apparent.

As Allison parlayed his early success into a stellar training camp — the chemistry with quarterback Aaron Rodgers was clear to see — the Packers believed him to be a legitimate prospect.

“You go back and look at his complete body of work since training camp and what he’s been able to do as well as from the practice standpoint, some of the things we see but you don’t get an opportunity to see,” offensive coordinator Edgar Bennett said Dec. 26. “You see that consistent player continue to build and continue to learn and continue to grow over the weeks.”

Though he did not make the 53-man roster, Allison quickly re-signed to the Packers’ practice squad and awaited his opportunity. He was promoted to the active roster Oct. 24 after general manager Ted Thompson placed fellow receiver Jared Abbrederis on injured reserve.

Allison debuted against the Atlanta Falcons when receiving ranks were thinned by the absences of Ty Montgomery (illness) and Randall Cobb (injury). Allison made two catches for 21 yards and scored the first touchdown of his career on a 4-yard pass from Rodgers.

Allison’s playing time dwindled in late November and early December, but a late-season ankle injury to Cobb thrust him into a prominent role at a crucial time. He caught four passes for 66 yards on Christmas Eve against the Minnesota Vikings and four more passes for 91 yards and a touchdown in Detroit the very next week. The best performance of Allison's career helped the Packers secure an NFC North title.

His importance skyrocketed again last weekend when top receiver Jordy Nelson left Sunday's win over the New York Giants with what a league source said was multiple broken ribs. Aside from Cobb and Davante Adams, who remain the leading targets for Rodgers, it’s Allison whose role will expand the most if Nelson cannot play against the Dallas Cowboys.

Allison finished the regular season with 12 catches for 202 yards and two touchdowns. He made one catch for 8 yards against the Giants.

“It would be a huge loss for us obviously,” Rodgers said of playing without Nelson. “But Geronimo has been playing a lot for us and he’s been playing effectively. … Geronimo is going to have to step up and play extended time if Jordy is going to be out.

Worth mentioning because the Packers have already lost Nelson and this kid is playing really well. They don't need to lose anyone else.

also loving 81 in a 70 lol that's a "driving while black" citation if i've ever heard one

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Don't trust anyone who registered after 2003. Including me!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Did Joey Harrington ever have a good enough season to warrant a pro bowl appearance?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

BlindSite posted:

This. Just use waxol once a month and give ur ears a good rinse.

Just jam your finger in there as god intended

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Don't trust anyone who registered after 2003. Including me!

:smug:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 11, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

tk posted:

I just bought the sampler last week and :vince:. It feels like cheating to drink that stuff. It isn't really alcohol! It can't be!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Diabetes with a side of alcohol is what it is.
also delicious.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Not Your Fathers gives me horrible gut rot.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you want to be an rear end in a top hat and get a non-drinker completely trashed, giving them a pint or two of Not Your Father's is the way to go

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you can crush your own morality and others' goodwill towards you without buying some dumbass alcoholic root beer

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Spoeank posted:

I went to school in Santa Barbara (the home market for Firestone) and 805 was my white whale. They sold it as Firestone Blonde to various places but it was kegs only, so when I left, I left my favorite beer there. When I started seeing 805 as a blonde ale from Firestone, I knew my prayers were answered.

This man is dedicated to his beer :hfive:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
:laffo: who loving designed this? Was it a goon?

All that's missing is the ring.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

tk posted:

I only drink IPA's.

That's about 2/3 of the beer I drink, but now I have to be sober for six drat months, no weed either. That makes me a sad panda :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/therogainekid/status/818862421859241984

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OSheaman posted:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/01/10/packers-allison-faces-marijuana-charge/96399446/

Worth mentioning because the Packers have already lost Nelson and this kid is playing really well. They don't need to lose anyone else.

also loving 81 in a 70 lol that's a "driving while black" citation if i've ever heard one

No that's just that stretch of 43. loving speed traps like crazy. All under the guise of stopping heroin smuggling.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Fenrir posted:

All that's missing is the ring.

Make it a Vikings shirt, then you wouldn't need it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I love beer, but when I'm watching football I try to stick to non-imperial stouts and porters. Lower alcohol to keep me from getting too nuts, and easier to sip so I don't rack up a huge bar tab.

Went to Boston over the holidays and picked up some Trillium, I've been enjoying their double dry hopped Melcher St. IPA, A++ would recommend. Looks like OJ, tastes like heaven.

Abugadu posted:

You beat me to this joke by seconds. Would be funnier if it were the Eagles though, I always feel bad for the Vikings.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I'm still glad I got in just under the wire before the undesirable corp of '04s came along.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

No Butt Stuff posted:

No that's just that stretch of 43. loving speed traps like crazy. All under the guise of stopping heroin smuggling.

Also since he was driving a rental he probably had out of state plates, maybe even (god forbid) Illinois plates

If im riding hot (carrying, i always drive sober) i never go more than 5 over the speed limit

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 11, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If you're ever driving on I-43 in Wisconsin, slow down when you get near exit 107, because that fat gently caress will be sitting on that overpass with his speed gun until the day he dies.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Abugadu posted:

:thurman:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The smile on a persons face when they hear a compliment.....it's better than a hot cup of coffee to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fat Eddie tryna quit soda.

https://twitter.com/Lil_Eazy_Ana_42/status/91728807081426944

in 2011

• Locked thread