Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

My first name is a hated NFL players last name

Suh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My family got the hell out of Russia before poo poo got real and now I am thinking of moving to China to be the white family in a new condo complex to make it more upscale.

I also am teaching my children the only skill they need, complete and utter hatred of the Patriots.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Wow, your parents are dicks for naming you Roethlisberger.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Many of us do not work on Monday.

Hello playoffs day drinking.

Why?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

whypick1 posted:

Wow, your parents are dicks for naming you Roethlisberger.

Clearly his first name is Shermanburfictrodgersbradynewton

His parents couldn't decide on just one.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MLK day.

I still have work but I may take a vacation day. The chiefs game may kill me with the freezing rain and ice accumulation

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure if I'd rather have rain, sleet or snow in the Chiefs game.

Snow probably.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

don't be so hard on yourself Mr. Quinn, they don't like you either and you still technically qualify

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/818935714905735169

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
oh gently caress off dallas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There are only seven games left boys and girls.

Are you counting Texans/Pats as a game?

Also I share first names with a famously closeted autist jerk

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just a reminder how intolerable Cowboy fans are going to become if they start winning playoff games again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spoeank posted:

oh gently caress off dallas

kiimo posted:

Just a reminder how intolerable Cowboy fans are going to become if they start winning playoff games again.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha man the playoffs could wind up being a lot of fun.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Are you counting Texans/Pats as a game?

Also I share first names with a famously closeted autist jerk

Peter Thiel?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Aaron De Auditory

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Looks like I have some work to do to keep TFF_races.xls up to date

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zoran posted:

With advanced metrics we can finally break down preferred BBQ styles by paternal grandfather's ethnicity.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Zoran posted:

I'm Irish, which is only "white" in America, and I know this thanks to Catholic Schools

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

1. Irish

2. Off Monday

3. I'm going to LA for the long weekend for the first time, what should I do in LA?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Blarfk posted:

3. I'm going to LA for the long weekend for the first time, what should I do in LA?

either get high on as many things as you can find or leave immediately

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This is dumb. Just don't jam it in there like you're trying to have sex for the first time. You gotta be smooth and sensual, take your time and just let it glide in and out, ever so slowly

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blarfk posted:

1. Irish

2. Off Monday

LACMA was a pretty good museum when I went 20 years ago.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blarfk posted:

1. Irish

2. Off Monday

Where are you staying? Will you have a car? Aaaand what's your budget like?

Not sure what you're into so I'm just gonna list some stuff. Exchange is a always a good time if you like clubbing or EDM. Air and Space museum rules and there are quite a few different gardens if you're into arboretums. Avoid Disneyland unless you have kids or drugs. Six Flags is a great theme park, it's all roller coasters. Go to Universal Studios if you aren't as big into rides (it has lots of other cool stuff).

This is just a few things, LA has a ton of other poo poo. There's probably some kind of festival or play or something you can check out, too. There is always something cool happening.

Have fun and feel free to PM me if you want!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Blarfk posted:

1. Irish

2. Off Monday

This is a pretty tough question.

First of all just count out going to the beach, it's rainy and cold here.

Whatever man every bar will be playing the playoff games. Bars bars and more bars. Maybe if you give me the part of town you'll be in.

edit: I just checked the forecast. Nevermind on the rainy and cold it will be sunny and 60. 70 in the valley. Seconding Universal City / Harry Potter. It will be a beautiful day for that.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 11, 2017

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Thanks dudes! I'm staying with a friend in Ontario who is a pretty good guide and I'm hoping will have some ideas, but he asked me if there was anything specific I wanted to check out and I couldn't think of anything. He has a car and we'll definitely be spending some time downtown as far as I understand. Kind of a special occasion (old friend I haven't seen in a few years) so plenty of money to spend.

I may send ya'll some PMs to not gunk up the thread any more.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
http://uproxx.com/ksk/rachel-nichols-ill-let-you-inside-my/amp/

This was 10 years ago, and it's one of my favorite pieces ever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm very sorry to say I can't help you with much around Ontario. I have no idea.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Don't use q-tips.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Don't use q-tips.

This. Just use waxol once a month and give ur ears a good rinse.

Also I come from british lines so Im the definition of imperialist privilidged white dude and it owns. But theres a jewish ancestor somewhere there so I can claim oppression when its convenient even though its like 1/16th. (I dont do this cause lol).

Also rain and sleet chat is dumb. If i had a buck for every game pundits sperged about a game being low scoring and holding the offense in check because of wind, rain or snow only for it to be high scoring with lots of big plays Id have at least 45 bucks.

Chiefs are going to be methodical, steelers are gonna feed bell and look deep with brown. It wont change anything. Big ben still has a cannon, brown and bell are still crazy talented and the chiefs are still unusually effective on both sides of the ball.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Ehud posted:

I signed up for Ancestry and found a lot of interesting things. I found the divorce filing for my great grandfather that I was named after and the reason for divorce was "gross neglect and extreme cruelty"

:hellyeah: pieces of poo poo all the way down the tree

We found out the reason one branch of my family that moved from Oklahoma to CA during the dust bowl ended in OK in the first place because my great great grandfather murdered a dude in South Dakota for messing with his brother and then fled to OK to hideout. We're a real classy bunch

All I got out of the ancestry poo poo is that once upon a time my ancestors had an adventurous spirit and then once we got here we just loving stopped. It's depressing.

Kalli posted:

Half chinese, half french-canadian stock that slowly migrated south to Rhode Island over a couple hundred years.

So yeah, I'm a banana. It's my people's word, we can use it.

Legit have never heard that term before which is surprising since I was enlisted and I thought I'd heard every racial slur at this point.

Blarfk posted:

1. Irish

2. Off Monday

Get food! It's LA, the best thing about the city is the food scene.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 11, 2017

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I'm a second generation white person, before the 1960 my father wasn't white according to the Australian government , but after that he got drafted into the white race, good measurables and the invaluable skill of not being asian .Now I get the best of both worlds, white privilege and the exciting feeling of corrupting white women with my swarthyness and Spanish accented english.

Legit get surprised when I drive around Australia and get to some town in the middle of loving nowhere hours away from anything, and says it was founded in 1836 or some poo poo.It takes a special kind of savage to move there.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 11, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Let's talk beer.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There are only seven games left boys and girls.

u forgot the pro bowl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Enjoy AJ Klein, Bills fans.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I am a pure European descendant: English; Irish; Scottish; Polish; German; Prussian; Norwegian; French. My ancestors came over on a boat to Virginia. I have nothing but white guilt and shame. Alcohol and ignorance is all that keeps me going.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

Let's talk beer.

I only drink IPA's.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Enjoy AJ Klein, Bills fans.

I'd honestly like to have him for the Chiefs at the moment.

I'm comparing him to pretty much automatic holes in the run defense and realize he might not be much of an upgrade, but welp.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I'd honestly like to have him for the Chiefs at the moment.

I'm comparing him to pretty much automatic holes in the run defense and realize he might not be much of an upgrade, but welp.

He's a good not great linebacker. Does everything decently enough.

Basically another Dan Connor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tk posted:

I only drink IPA's.

I only drink this

http://smalltownbrewery.com/our-beers/nyfrb/

• Locked thread