Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
guess I'll pop down after work then, maybe buy a scenery box, or a kroot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Buy into AoS, which is a Very Good And Cool Game

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
We're all going to get GW tattoos. You go get one and then we'll show you ours.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
do they do GW piercings yet?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

do they do GW piercings yet?

Only the entire Chaos range. Just jam those spikes through your nips.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait for the Age of the Emperor. I'm already trying to pick out what terrain piece I'll field as my whole force.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I can't wait for the Age of the Emperor. I'm already trying to pick out what terrain piece I'll field as my whole force.

Here's my list:

Craters x 50

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Kings of War summer campaign runs from July to August, time to get those armies ready to change the map and impact the lore.

Also, until Jan 31st, one randomly drawn person a week buying a starter army of any race from the Mantic store will have it upgraded to a Mega Army for free.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

Here's my list:

Craters x 50

Gonna take Craters x1 to get the underdog bonus.

Check and mate

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna take 2 Emperors

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I hope they make a Emp Golden Throne model that takes up most of the table and spawns in custodes every turn it will cost $5,000

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
They seem to at least be trying in good faith to some extent now. The prices are still bullshit, and the rules are still cruddy, but they're apparently using the recent board games to gauge fan consumer reactions to possible changes to the main game. Using dice besides D6es and that sort of thing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

but how will school boys be able to play with dice they got from old copies of Monopoly??

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

A lovely Reporter posted:

They seem to at least be trying in good faith to some extent now. The prices are still bullshit, and the rules are still cruddy, but they're apparently using the recent board games to gauge fan consumer reactions to possible changes to the main game. Using dice besides D6es and that sort of thing.

Plastic 30k is god drat meth on crack. They hit a goldmine with that, but they still have a chance to gently caress it all up if 8th comes out and makes 30k poo poo.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Hey guys, I am having a major brain fart and I need your help: what's that plastic frame-looking thingy that miniature game mans come in called? You know, all that extraneous plastic garbage that's put in the box that you have to cut the heads and arms and guns and whatnot out of.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Sprue.

The real hardcore terrain people save their sprues, snip then into bricks, and build bridges or walls or buildings with them.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Thanks a lot!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

TKIY posted:

Plastic 30k is god drat meth on crack. They hit a goldmine with that, but they still have a chance to gently caress it all up if 8th comes out and makes 30k poo poo.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I know jack poo poo about 30k, but doesn't it effectively squat several really popular factions (Tau, Necrons, Tyranids) by virtue of them not really existing in the year 30,000?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

A lovely Reporter posted:

They've also been reducing costs to entry through somewhat sneaky means--the new start collecting boxed sets, transport boxed sets, and board games that incorporate existing minis (such as that game with two knights and a bunch of terrain) all give significant discounts. Their product is still on the expensive side, but if you had a hard-line policy against lowering prices, it's a smart way to get around it.

Drone posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong because I know jack poo poo about 30k, but doesn't it effectively squat several really popular factions (Tau, Necrons, Tyranids) by virtue of them not really existing in the year 30,000?

Are you surprised that there are many GW fans who would rather play 40k with only space marines? On the upside, 30k doesn't have formations (yet), and it's more balanced, because every army is basically space marines

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Basically. It's Marines, Robits and proto-IG. If anything it gets rid of the cruft of 40k while keeping the flavour, and the marines (despite them all still being marines) have enough unique options and units that it's not bland to play marine on marine.

potentiallycool
Nov 7, 2011

Homie
Fallen Rib
Not much info but when are those weak pound savings gonna pass on through to us Kiwis?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/01/10/profits-soar-games-workshop-fantasy-model-retailer-battles-back/

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

"Sales and profit boosted due to the product being cheaper" - The CEO

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I thought the profits boost was almost entirely due to licensing revenue, and that model sales were still not doing very well?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MikeCrotch posted:

I thought the profits boost was almost entirely due to licensing revenue, and that model sales were still not doing very well?

ALL IS WELL CITIZEN, MOVE ALONG

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Mantic Games and my Warpath pledge, a Timeline

August 26, 2016 - Contacted Mantic informing them of a potential address change that might affect shipment if backers don't receive their pledges before October (originally promised September 2016)

September/October 2016 - Pledges are delayed and split into waves

November 25, 2016 - Mantic contacted me informing me that my new address was in order and that I should expect to hear from them shortly with shipping details

December 26, 2016 - Mantic in a blog post confirmed that all Kickstarter pledges had shipped

January 5, 2016 - I asked Mantic where my order was

January 9, 2016 - Mantic informs me that my order could not be shipped because my billing address and shipping address do not match, but it's all sorted now they swear

January 9, 2016 (later) - Mantic again confirms that all of the Kickstarter pledges have shipped but then mentions that a handful have been returned and another handful have "issues" to be sorted

January 11, 2016 - Still no shipping details for my Kickstarter pledge, the rest of the Mantic thread is drowning in plastic while arguing with Mantic fanboys about the nature of "two heavy weapon teams"

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MikeCrotch posted:

that was definitely true last quarter. the new half-year report shows a significant increase in non-royalty revenue, though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh boy oh boy, everything's comin up Sigmar

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Slgmar is good and cool

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Are there Chaos Stormcast Eternal yet?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Who gave GW money?!?! fess up

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Pepperami wtf

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks for shopping with us. We've received your order, which has very much excited our in-house Trolls, as the creatures love nothing more than being unshackled in order to carry your order information over to our warehouse. We're joking, of course - they hate the exercise.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Thanks for shopping with us. We've received your order, which has very much excited our in-house Trolls, as the creatures love nothing more than being unshackled in order to carry your order information over to our warehouse. We're joking, of course - they hate the exercise.

its funny because GW employees are pretty much already figuratively shackled and probably also hate exercise

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Guilty.

I still like hanging out with you guys though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Shadin posted:

Guilty.

I still like hanging out with you guys though.

same, except for the "enjoying hanging out with you guys" part

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
your punishment is to have less money and more GW products

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

The reign of Jeb! would have been terrible indeed

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Seems heavy-handed, but I'll accept responsibility for my actions.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

it was Ghost Hand

he's single-handedly keeping gee dubs afloat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MikeCrotch posted:

The last earnings report actually did call out the weak pound as a big revenue source. For example at the current conversion the Burning of Prospero was selling for 95 pounds(or $115 US) in England and $150 US (or 123 pounds) in America.

• Locked thread