Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

a.lo posted:

it is switchmass eve eveyone. gett o bed early to wake early the next day (11pm est)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My uncle, John Nintendo, just told me that preorders in North America will be handled through a series of no-holds-barred cage matches. The top five surviving champions will be granted the right to order one of the twenty switches in production.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

My uncle, John Nintendo, just told me that preorders in North America will be handled through a series of no-holds-barred cage matches. The top five surviving champions will be granted the right to order one of the twenty switches in production.

Well my Switch is secure.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Kurtofan posted:

switch amiibos are going to sell hotcakes!!!

With Disney Infinity gone and Skylanders potentially on the chopping block, Amiibo is the king of the mountain. They were one of Nintendo's breadwinners last year when they were winding down the 3DS/Wii U and transitioning to Switch. Lego Dimensions is the last remaining new entrant of note but Warner Bros. Games is just releasing DLC/expansion packs as updates for the foreseeable future.

Even with the Toys-to-Life industry stagnating, Nintendo has been outperforming the product category. They benefit from having a different strategy with Amiibo. The figurines sell more towards adults than children. The prices hold up well past their initial release. Seemingly niche products like Wii Fit Trainer sell well. Most of the games they're attached to are successful on their own merits rather than needing good accessory sales to succeed. With Skylanders/Disney Infinity, the core product had to be engaging in order to sell figurines to kids. Amiibos are also good at exposing young children to Nintendo characters and getting them invested in Nintendo properties.

There is an opportunity for Nintendo to aggressively expand now that one of their major competitors bowed out and another might be following suit. However, I think they''ll be cautious and see if Disney Infinity was a canary in a coal mine.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Rexroom posted:

If you happen to be in Sweden on the 4th or 5th of February, you can get to try the Switch in person.

Or you could just go to Japan for the after-presentation convention, which is this weekend.

Still furious that they replaced the old, good-rear end motorway Mario in Kungsbacka with a boring, new one

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Some leaks, but I doubt the source's credibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXvqZBikvSA

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I think amiibo work well as figurines. You can have some games give out special bonus fluff like skins when you use them, but if you give people even the idea that they're locking extra content behind them, they will throw a hissy-fit and complain about on-disc DLC or something. Which is, well, understandable to some extent.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Why haven't they made an Amiibo game yet?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Gorgolflox posted:

Cause Nintendo loves squandering potential.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Gorgolflox posted:

They did. Unfortunately it's called Animal Crossing amiibo Festival.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I hope the next Tomodachi Collection game has Amiibo support so I can have a dollhouse of popular Nintendo characters doing dumb poo poo :yeah:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to be able to scan an amiibo on my phone and have that character call me.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

~Coxy posted:

"guaranteed"

What recourse do you have if they don't get enough stock to satisfy preorders?

(That's a rhetorical question; I know there's none.)
Would at least give them an excuse to do something pathetic like camp out in the store every night to play their unit until they finally get tired of seeing em and find them one

Not recommending unless of course you record it for our entertainment

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Latest Switch leaks say that Wario paid Peach and Daisy to piss on Mario's bed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Huge if true

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Piss fetish seems more like a Waluigi thing

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Wario dresses in yellow

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I remember when Nintendo made a controller that forced the user to do light to moderate exercise whatever happened to that??

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Wii Fit u's luge game was really fun

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ethanol posted:

I remember when Nintendo made a controller that forced the user to do light to moderate exercise whatever happened to that??

The bicycle controller for SNES? It was produced in limited quantity but sold through thanks to well placed infomercials.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if nintnedo made duck hunt 2 with a new light gun id be all over the switch

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

Posting live from eb games, just added some more games to my guaranteed switch preorder guys :)

It's pretty great to be Australian (aside from the fact that this country is literally more conservative than a country who just elected Donald trump president)

Yet your minimum wage is 15/hr.

For us bi-weekly pay check employees you also get paid 3 times in march :D. Perfect time to use that extra money on a switch.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ethanol posted:

if nintnedo made duck hunt 2 with a new light gun id be all over the switch

didn't you have an angry lady av

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want to be able to scan an amiibo on my phone and have that character call me.

"Jonas, this is Yoshi. Jesus, man, I've been trying to reach you for hours. The feds know. They know. They're already on the way to your place. Get rid of the guns. In case you forgot, it's BOTH our tails on the line! Meet me at Piggly Wiggly in 2 hours and make sure you aren't followed."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

irlZaphod posted:

Latest Switch leaks say that Wario paid Peach and Daisy to piss on Mario's bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C-wfNlwnTY

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Merry Switchmas Eve folks! May all your dreams come true tomorrow and may all of us get our preorders before the thing sells out.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

jeff gerstmann says never preorder

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

a.lo posted:

jeff gerstmann says never preorder

Yeah but he died

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

thats why hes a legend

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
On this side of the pond, Switchmas presents are revealed early Friday morning.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm in the passenger seat

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

*quietly stares out window seething with anger*

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

ethanol posted:

You're in the clear, no one in the car knows you hid your N-Gage in the glove box.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The guy in the passenger seat has his own Switch he's playing on as P3. And the giggling girls in the convertible next to them are P4-6. It's the future.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I hope Mario Kart Switch is an AR game which you play in your car while driving somewhere.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
sweet switch to switch with my sweet switch

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ethanol posted:

Buckle up

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo