Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is this Jesé lad from PSG any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Akileese posted:

So how many former Bolton players is Big Sam going to bring to Palace? What's Kevin Nolan up to these days?

depends on how many share his agent

so, all of them if he can

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Is this Jesé lad from PSG any good?

He looked like he was going to be really good at Real Madrid then his knee exploded and he became a bit poo poo.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Shrapnig posted:

He looked like he was going to be really good at Real Madrid then his knee exploded and he became a bit poo poo.

now that's a boro signing if I've ever heard one

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
he's also a reggaeton singer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6loGj-gY0

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lolling at fat latino jonah hill in the video

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

lolling at fat latino jonah hill in the video

Wep Cum is in the video?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

United and Everton have agreed a £22m deal for Schneiderlin, according to the BBC.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's a good price. RIP Morgan you were alright and probably didn't get enough of a chance.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Pretty surprised at the price given that he cost £25m and has done basically nothing. Not his fault necessarily he just obviously isn't fancied and we can do better

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No doubt he is a good player and he is easily worth that much to Everton. It's just hard to see him breaking into the team

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/SevillaFC/status/818867266456604673

Nice to include a picture of him playing in his natural position

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

No doubt he is a good player and he is easily worth that much to Everton. It's just hard to see him breaking into the team

Into the Everton team? Isn't the center of their midfield kind of poo poo?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blue footed boobie posted:

Into the Everton team? Isn't the center of their midfield kind of poo poo?

I meant United's team

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah before he left Saints he was hot poo poo, but the managerial changes and United doing a trolley dash in every transfer window really worked against him. If he can get back to pre-United performance levels Everton have done really well there.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/SevillaFC/status/818867266456604673

Nice to include a picture of him playing in his natural position

How do perma-crocked players like Jovetic pass medicals? I just imagine a chart being opened up and unfurling a rolled-up injury record that rolls across the floor.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

TheBigAristotle posted:

How do perma-crocked players like Jovetic pass medicals? I just imagine a chart being opened up and unfurling a rolled-up injury record that rolls across the floor.
Clubs can basically set the bar however high or low as they want, it's not like players literally have to score a certain amount on some standardised "medical" test. More often than not it's probably just weighing up the risk/reward potential and football clubs are stupid so they always take the risk

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

Clubs can basically set the bar however high or low as they want, it's not like players literally have to score a certain amount on some standardised "medical" test. More often than not it's probably just weighing up the risk/reward potential and football clubs are stupid so they always take the risk

Exactly. There is no set test to my knowledge. They test the same things like you would but it isn't standardized. Much like using the words "natural" or "local" with grocery. Doesn't actually loving mean thing. You get the product you were looking for eventually.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah the medical it seems is much more of a subjective thing. If they find something they weren't expecting, like Demba Ba's knee, they still have the option of cancelling the transfer, but otherwise if you're already spending money on a permacrock like Jovetic you have to expect that the medical isn't going to turn out great.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, a good MRI would help determine if he is a good investment or not. Loved him in purple.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
remember the hole in Remy's heart lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Which Sissokho was Milan going to sign and then the doctors said his teeth indicated that he had a back problem and he failed the medical because of it? That was the most insane one in recent memory I think.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Gigi Galli posted:

Which Sissokho was Milan going to sign and then the doctors said his teeth indicated that he had a back problem and he failed the medical because of it? That was the most insane one in recent memory I think.

Kaviti Sissoko

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gigi Galli posted:

Aly

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

has Milan ever contracted a phrenologist to assess players before a transfer, that you know of?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

has Milan ever contracted a phrenologist to assess players before a transfer, that you know of?

I think an astrologer would be more Berlusconi's speed to be honest.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Norwegian wonderkid Martin Ødegaard went on a 1 1/2 year long loan from Real Madrid to Hereenveen. That was actually a transfer that made sense.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Milan Badelj just turned down a loan for Roma in a straight swap for Paredes. He is an idiot and if he keeps this up he is going to be targeted by ultras.

Also Fiorentina might be picking up the services of Sportiello which would be great and help kick Tatarasanu out of the loving starters position. Like comb your loving hair you're on television.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I think those doctors had just seem him play.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I think an astrologer would be more Berlusconi's speed to be honest.

He and Raymond Domenech could compare notes.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Gigi Galli posted:

I thought Milan was well known for it's great medical staff? Aren't there lots of players who fly out there to get treatment? And part of that was because they focus on the teeth of players. Teeth supposedly are a good sign of overall fitness etc? :shrug:

Anyway, Belgian media reporting that Everton offerd 10m EUR for Standard striker Belfodil.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

French media is reporting that Lyon is in for Memphis Depay and that he's allegedly not against it

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013

shut up blegum posted:

Teeth supposedly are a good sign of overall fitness etc?
explains the recent fortunes of the English tbh

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Teeth are a good indicator of how much older a player is than they say they are.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I thought it was some indicator he might have spinal problems iirc

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

I thought Milan was well known for it's great medical staff? Aren't there lots of players who fly out there to get treatment? And part of that was because they focus on the teeth of players. Teeth supposedly are a good sign of overall fitness etc? :shrug:

Anyway, Belgian media reporting that Everton offerd 10m EUR for Standard striker Belfodil.

Milan's doctors are good at keeping old players going, but they really mishandled Pato for example. They have a very expensive diagnostic system at their disposal which they made a big deal about. I'm not sure if all those people are still at the club though.

I honestly don't l know if the teeth thing was real, it just sounded so strange that it seemed really unbelievable. Maybe they weren't lying after all?

Is that the same Belfodil that played for Parma? He was good for about 5 games.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan's doctors are good at keeping old players going, but they really mishandled Pato for example. They have a very expensive diagnostic system at their disposal which they made a big deal about. I'm not sure if all those people are still at the club though.

I honestly don't l know if the teeth thing was real, it just sounded so strange that it seemed really unbelievable. Maybe they weren't lying after all?

Is that the same Belfodil that played for Parma? He was good for about 5 games.

I checked earlier when I read that post, and it is in fact that turd. Spending €10m on him seems like a really bad idea.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea are signing Martin Olsson from Norwich for £5m. Huw always gets his man in the end.

Neil Taylor's already "fractured his cheekbone" as an excuse for why he's not going to be near the first team for the forseeable. Or someone finally lamped him in training the talentless oval office.

Championship squad shaping up nicely.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Swansea have agreed a £5m fee for Norwich left back Martin Olsson. He must be gunning for Bassong's relegation record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Didn't Belfodil get bought by Inter or something? Is there some other weird named kid they bought, exclusively loaned out, and then sold I'm confusing him with? Is Italian soccer so cyclical?

• Locked thread