Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

zoux posted:

Is it close, at all, to any single run of Deadpool?

vaguely close to parts of Joe Kelly's run, but that doesn't really matter in terms of it being an adapted screenplay if that's what you're asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah in this case it just means it was an existing thing previously.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Phylodox posted:

Suicide Squad just needed better writing. You don't need previous movies to create strong, indelible characters. Just look at The Magnificent Seven or Predator.

No, but it helps, and the...wait a minute. Wasn't I already here?

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I wish I could remember the movie, but there was one where a director talked about how he wanted to do a straight action movie but at the very end Spider-Man shows up to save the hero and I always thought that would be amazing.

That would be absolutely amazing. The mood whiplash would make my head explode. I don't think they could ever do it, but man would I love it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

No, and the post says as much. Just the Producer's Guild usually is a good barometer of what's getting an Oscar nod. Deadpool being listed alongside those other movies is laughable and if it were to get an Oscar nod it would make the Oscars even more of a joke.

Nah, it would be cool and good.

I mean, Crash won best picture. Deadpool is better than Crash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but not as funny.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, it would be cool and good.

I mean, Crash won best picture. Deadpool is better than Crash.

In another year sure maybe, but this year there were more than 10 great films. Deadpool is a good comic book movie, it's not a great film.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I hope it loses as nerds will be so smug.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They finally found a way for Deadpool to be even more insufferable. You know for a fact that OSCAR NOMINATED DEADPOOL would show up as a recurring joke in every single bit of Deadpool media and merchandise until they run the joke so far into the ground it would pop up on the other side of the earth.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Keep in mind there are members of the academy who were incensed that Lego Movie didn't get a nomination while "some chinese cartoons" did. The oscars are dumb poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Hero 6 and How to Train Your Dragon 2 aren't very good, and those are the non Chinese ones.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Tom Holland confirmed that Spider-Man will be in Infinity War.

Charlie Cox has also met with the movie division of Marvel and it could be nothing, but might hint at a Daredevil / Defenders cameo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Big Hero 6 and How to Train Your Dragon 2 aren't very good, and those are the non Chinese ones.

He was talking about a Japanese animated film and a scottish one, iirc.

The members of the academy who were stumping for Lego Movie's argument was just "it made so much money, so it has to be better than those other nominees that did not make as much money".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Tom Holland confirmed that Spider-Man will be in Infinity War.

Charlie Cox has also met with the movie division of Marvel and it could be nothing, but might hint at a Daredevil / Defenders cameo.

Wasn't Ike Perlmutter the main guy keeping TV and movies apart? Rumors are he's going to be taking a role in the new administration so maybe he's stepping back from Marvel stuff. He was even recently photographed!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

zoux posted:

He was even recently photographed!

*not an anti-semitic insinuation

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There were rumors Trump wants Perlmutter in his cabinet, so if that happens he won't be able to avoid being photographed.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

There were rumors Trump wants Perlmutter in his cabinet, so if that happens he won't be able to avoid being photographed.
Let's hope the background check won't involve any biometric samples.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
the pic is awesome and also some straight villainy.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Electromax posted:

Looks like a Hitchcock shot.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Electromax posted:

Surprised he didn't wear his fake beard like he did for Iron Man's movie release.

hohoh0
Apr 5, 2003

TEH GRAPPLER
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/peter-dinklage-avengers-infinity-war-1201954237/

Peter Dinklage in Infinity War?! Pip? The watcher?!

hohoh0 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 12, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I don't think Pip is going to be in Infinity War.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dinklage can play a character who was average height in the comics, just like how he played Trask.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
MODOK or we riot.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Punisher

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bit late for that one.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Oh yeah... A boy can dream.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

MODOK or we riot.

I love MODOK and I love Dinklage and I love this idea

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I keep seeing a big deal being made out of Spider-Man being confirmed for Infinity War. Was that ever really up in the air? Do we need to confirm Strange and Black Panther too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, because they were previously confirmed by an official cast list that notably didn't include Spider-Man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Yeah I don't think Pip is going to be in Infinity War.

Pip's definitely going to be in infinity war.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Pip's definitely going to be in infinity war.

I mean if he is that would be rad, I just doubt it. I don't even think Adam Warlock is gonna be in it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

I mean if he is that would be rad, I just doubt it. I don't even think Adam Warlock is gonna be in it.

Probably because they haven't worked out a deal with Rob Lowe yet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lurdiak posted:

He was talking about a Japanese animated film and a scottish one, iirc.

The members of the academy who were stumping for Lego Movie's argument was just "it made so much money, so it has to be better than those other nominees that did not make as much money".

If he was talking about the 2014 animated films, then Song of the Sea was an Irish film , not Scottish. (Technically it was a joint Irish, Belgium, Luxembourg, French and Danish film.)

It was very good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Dinklage should play Galactus.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He would make a good J. Jonah Jameson.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Question IRL posted:

If he was talking about the 2014 animated films, then Song of the Sea was an Irish film , not Scottish. (Technically it was a joint Irish, Belgium, Luxembourg, French and Danish film.)

It was very good.

I watched it a bit ago. The Lego Movie was hands down a better movie.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe the enchanting original fantasy drama is better than the paean to a product?

e: I'm not sure if it's fair to blame the movie for it, but a story that satirizes corporate feel-good politics and pop culture conformity but only inspires people to buy toys strikes one as a dismal failure.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 12, 2017

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
He's a very good actor, so I'm sure he could play the heck out of any number of Marvel characters, but I keep picturing Dinklage as Uatu showing up at the end of the first Avengers Infinity movie or post-credits after everybody died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

He would make a good J. Jonah Jameson.

That would be awesome.

• Locked thread