Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

His name's not snorlax it's loving borlax

Son of Narlax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

C-Euro posted:

Wanna hug that Snorlax.

Wanna see him wrestle Adam Savage's Totoro

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yes she has very striking eyes and the costume looks good but I feel like I'm missing some sort of reference.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Yes she has very striking eyes and the costume looks good but I feel like I'm missing some sort of reference.
It's Boba Fett.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's Boba Fett.

No I got that, just thought the stare and helmet removal seemed very deliberate so maybe it was referring to something else.

Guess I was wrong though!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DancingShade posted:

No I got that, just thought the stare and helmet removal seemed very deliberate so maybe it was referring to something else.

Guess I was wrong though!

That's just what pretty people do.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

That's just what pretty people do.

Well obviously that's a topic I would know nothing about, because goon.

I'll shut up now because I don't have any actual content to contribute with.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's Boba Fett.

Boba Fett isn't purple though, so I assume it's a mingle of two concepts.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Christ, just let it happen guys

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Clearly we just need Snatch Duster to come in and tell us what she's dressed as!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Sometimes a purple Mando is just a purple Mando.

Other times they're a reference!

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Clearly we just need Snatch Duster to come in and tell us what she's dressed as!

Guys, we might not need to wait. I think it's David Mitchell.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sometimes a purple Mando is just a purple Mando.

Other times they're a reference!

I mean, I get it, Meg from Hercules, but that helmet would never fit under that hair. Unless :thejoke: ?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Might be one of the Mandalorians from the Clone Wars cartoon.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

davidspackage posted:

Boba Fettish.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Jedit posted:

Boba Fettish.

:stare:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Jedit posted:

Boba Fettish.
:golfclap:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Reinanigans posted:

I mean, I get it, Meg from Hercules, but that helmet would never fit under that hair. Unless :thejoke: ?

Well no, helmets typically go over the hair from what I've seen

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

??????

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Why does that statue have tumbler nose?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Nordick posted:

Well no, helmets typically go over the hair from what I've seen

:doh: You know what I mean.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Green eyes :allears:

Too much battle damage, weathering in places that don't make any sense. :argh:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Jedit posted:

Boba Fettish.

Booba Fettish.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So Star Wars Celebration is in my home town of Orlando this year, and I have tickets, and I think I'm going to try some level of cosplay for the first time ever. I'm going to try Old Man Luke Skywalker. Given that it's a costume perfect for a middle aged man with a beard, I figure this is well trodden ground by now for Star Wars fans, but any ideas where I can start on putting together the costume? I bring the beard (and some gray hair) to the table already, but I'm clueless on where to find stuff that could pass for his white Jedi robes.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

thrawn527 posted:

So Star Wars Celebration is in my home town of Orlando this year, and I have tickets, and I think I'm going to try some level of cosplay for the first time ever. I'm going to try Old Man Luke Skywalker. Given that it's a costume perfect for a middle aged man with a beard, I figure this is well trodden ground by now for Star Wars fans, but any ideas where I can start on putting together the costume? I bring the beard (and some gray hair) to the table already, but I'm clueless on where to find stuff that could pass for his white Jedi robes.

Do you have any costumer friends you can commission?
Or maybe hit up Etsy or someplace like that? Jedi cosplay can't possibly be hard to find.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

thrawn527 posted:

How serious about it are you? If you're willing to be a bathrobe jedi, you'd be halfway to a The Dude cosplay for the second or third day of the con.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

the_steve posted:

Do you have any costumer friends you can commission?
Or maybe hit up Etsy or someplace like that? Jedi cosplay can't possibly be hard to find.

Etsy's not a bad idea, I just didn't know if there was some sort of cosplay costuming store somewhere I was unaware of for bare materials. (e.g. big robe with a hood)

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

How serious about it are you? If you're willing to be a bathrobe jedi, you'd be halfway to a The Dude cosplay for the second or third day of the con.

Not super serious, so this isn't a bad idea at all.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Etsy's not a bad idea, I just didn't know if there was some sort of cosplay costuming store somewhere I was unaware of for bare materials. (e.g. big robe with a hood)

Joe Ann Fabrics, craft stores, thrift stores. Those are the big places people get materials for cosplay.

Many costumes are home made and go through several iterations before the cosplayer thinks it is good enough.

Not trying to be a dick, just FYI.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Etsy sells full costumes from like $100 to $1000.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

So funny thing, I had a guy ask me if that's what I was last year. I had this elaborate idea that Luke wasn't hiding all these years searching for the Jedi temple, he was on tour! Nobody got it and one guy said "Are you The Dude dressed as Luke?" to which I just replied what a great idea, that's definitely who I am. So yes, that'd be a great cosplay mix.

(pardon my low budget cosplay in this thread of masters)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OldPueblo posted:

So funny thing, I had a guy ask me if that's what I was last year. I had this elaborate idea that Luke wasn't hiding all these years searching for the Jedi temple, he was on tour! Nobody got it and one guy said "Are you The Dude dressed as Luke?" to which I just replied what a great idea, that's definitely who I am. So yes, that'd be a great cosplay mix.

This actually rocks. It's on theme and shows enthusiasm.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The saberaxe is great

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

OldPueblo posted:

This is amazing, and I love your original concept.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OldPueblo posted:

You're awesome, love the boots.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

That's the purple teletubby

Decorus
Aug 26, 2015

Snatch Duster posted:

That's the purple teletubby

I didn't notice it earlier, but the angle of the shot makes it look like she has pointy ears. Are Mandalorians half-elves too?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Decorus posted:

I didn't notice it earlier, but the angle of the shot makes it look like she has pointy ears. Are Mandalorians half-elves too?

Nah, Mandalorians are just a race of Humans.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Decorus posted:

No, they just stick out, and the angle give the point effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

It's such a small thing, but I love the texture on the headcrab's legs.

• Locked thread