Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
you know what other symbol represented good things, but is now a hate symbol? that's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol gj vanity fair, it's more than makes up for your Hillary articles:
-saying she's too lax on immigration
-urging readers to "check out Hillary scandals" (bonus positive mention of "linguistic kill shot"
-portraying each and every campaign advisor and Hillary herself as shady
-"has Hillary overstayed her welcome?"

In searching for these, I found tons of NR and breitbart articles quoting them lol

What is it with this attitude wherein Hillary supporters look retroactively at media pieces pointing out her flaws and then blame the media for being accurate rather than the candidate for being lovely? Like they think voters didn't already know Hillary was shady af and scandal ridden and if weren't for the media reminding them they would've forgotten?

I don't remember this attitude after Kerry

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

LastInLine posted:

What is it with this attitude wherein Hillary supporters look retroactively at media pieces pointing out her flaws and then blame the media for being accurate rather than the candidate for being lovely? Like they think voters didn't already know Hillary was shady af and scandal ridden and if weren't for the media reminding them they would've forgotten?

Trump!!!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jean Kerry is staging a coup already

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Handed Missus posted:

Jean Kerry is staging a coup already

I like it when there a bunch of tough guys posing and their kneepads have clearly never been used

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
edit: nm

Guy Goodbody has issued a correction as of 15:55 on Jan 10, 2017

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

LastInLine posted:

Report on it all you want, but that ta frank scandals article is specious at best, promised "new information" about Benghazi and a ton of other poo poo, and editorialized to no loving end. It's good reporting to say "Hillary's email server was found during the twelfth congressional probe into Benghazi", it's really slimy to say:

"most of the vices that keep getting the Clintons in trouble are not outright crimes but the more venial offenses of slipperiness, greed, and unchecked conflicts of interest. That’s why Hillary Clinton dances away from records requests and changes her stories when called out. It’s why Bill and Hillary have kept delivering speeches for huge sums to interested parties, like Goldman Sachs. And it’s why the Clinton Foundation took in big donations from foreign governments while Hillary was Secretary of State"

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Nerses IV posted:

I like it when there a bunch of tough guys posing and their kneepads have clearly never been used

not enough tactical dick suckin imo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

this but bernie

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this butt, bernie!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Thump! posted:

What's it gonna look like when we win the meme war by dunking on the fuckin' space-Nazis and landing on the meme-moon?

a rat done bit my sister jill, and whitey's on the meme

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

This ain't Das Kapital XXX

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know if this is :nws: but better safe than sorry

https://i.imgur.com/CKgUpaG.jpg

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i'm wearin my hoodie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

dylann roof 64

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the judge is very pleased with dylan

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
'Bitches, piss on the president's bed'

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i want to believe

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know if this is :nws: but better safe than sorry

https://i.imgur.com/CKgUpaG.jpg

Jeb! of Finland

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

make america urinate again

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Report on it all you want, but that ta frank scandals article is specious at best, promised "new information" about Benghazi and a ton of other poo poo, and editorialized to no loving end. It's good reporting to say "Hillary's email server was found during the twelfth congressional probe into Benghazi", it's really slimy to say:

"most of the vices that keep getting the Clintons in trouble are not outright crimes but the more venial offenses of slipperiness, greed, and unchecked conflicts of interest. That’s why Hillary Clinton dances away from records requests and changes her stories when called out. It’s why Bill and Hillary have kept delivering speeches for huge sums to interested parties, like Goldman Sachs. And it’s why the Clinton Foundation took in big donations from foreign governments while Hillary was Secretary of State"

The entire quoted piece is 100% true and 100% the reason she lost.

I don't think out of work union automakers in Michigan are reading Vanity Fair so it's doubtful it held any sway with anyone who mattered when it came voting time. My point is that those pieces accurately reflected exactly how the majority of Americans feel about Hillary and yet, when put forth in a publication that, let's face it, is primarily read by the kind of person would likely vote democratic, some act like it was akin to treason as though no one should point out how lovely of a candidate she is. The reality is that not acknowledging how lovely she is despite everyone knowing it is exactly how you go on to lose the general election. And here's the kicker, we 100% know this in retrospect.

I could see maybe thinking that way after she rigged the primary and we were stuck with her, but how can you look back after the fact knowing that everyone thinks that way about her and think "If only Vanity Fair had held back..."

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:trumppop:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching