Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Guy Goodbody posted:

How the heck is this a portable?

murses for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

How the heck is this a portable?

ethanol posted:

I'm in the passenger seat

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
At home or on the go, The Nintendo Switch is where it is at

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Nintendo's official position: This is a home console that can be taken on the go

People ITT: This is the new Gameboy

Electromax
May 6, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

murses for all.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

By that logic the PS1 is a portable

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I'm guessing the Switch is a dark color to help stress "Not a new giant controller for the Wii" but I hope there are additional color options (aside from skins). It doesn't look bad, but I would prefer a single color rather than the current black and grey.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it stays one option for now, since on Nintendo's end it makes manufacturing easier, and they wouldn't have to worry about things like "Blue units are just sitting on store shelves worldwide"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fun fact: This is me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

Nintendo's official position: This is a home console that can be taken on the go

I too am excited for nintendo's new handheld console

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

My uncle, John Nintendo, just told me that preorders in North America will be handled through a series of no-holds-barred cage matches. The top five surviving champions will be granted the right to order one of the twenty switches in production.
Bunch of children fighting to death, so THIS is what Hunger Games predicted

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

yes this sold-separately tv screen and unwieldy battery pack peripheral (alibaba exclusive) for a 13-generations old console is the same as a new portable that comes with a super gameboy dock

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Switch is about as large as a nu3DSXL

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Going all the way back to the original Game Boy and Palm Pilot I've never put a screen protector on anything and I've never had an issue with scratches. Yeah, people see their screen protectors get scratched up, but that's because they are made of soft material so they get scratched up and you feel like you got your money's worth.

Unless you carry your electronic devices in the same pocket as a bunch of wadded up sandpaper and ball bearings it's a complete non-issue, and even then you're probably better off just putting the ball bearings in a different pocket.

It was needed for the DS because it was a lovely plastic screen that scratched up easily.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

It was needed for the DS because it was a lovely plastic screen that scratched up easily.

also the console had not one but multiple EBA games

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*uses my apple watch to look up the weather* this is a desktop computer.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Switch is a console handheld hybrid.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the super gameboy was more of a console than the switch, because at least the super gameboy made us of the SNES's hardware to add features to portable titles

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Switch is going to be gaming ambrosia.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the switch is a console because you put it in the dock and never take it out

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Soul Glo posted:

Nintendo's official position: The DS is a third pillar

People everywhere: This is the new Gameboy

Sometimes the people get to choose

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oddium posted:

i'm willing to entertain this if you take some action to permanently seal the switch inside the dock. would have to rise above merely wrapping it in tape

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Super No Vacancy posted:

i'm willing to entertain this if you take some action to permanently seal the switch inside the dock. would have to rise above merely wrapping it in tape

Put some glue on the back of it for (in)convenience.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The switch is a console because after you buy one people will console you.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super No Vacancy posted:

*uses my apple watch to look up the weather* this is a desktop computer.

You own an Apple Watch?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

nothing is stronger than sheer strength of will

e: i looked it up and spider silk is stronger actually

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Switch is a handheld because that's what Nintendo players need to finish games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

oddium posted:

This is so hosed up.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is so hosed up.

She's right though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's called the switch because we are a generation of pussy rear end boys whose dads never whipped us.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

:drat:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

TaurusOxford posted:

She's right though.

She absolutely is not and neither are you. 😑

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

oddium posted:

Look at this correct as heck post right here

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

It's called the switch because we are a generation of pussy rear end boys whose dads never whipped us.

Adult games for Switch confirmed.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
You guys really think the Switch just kinda is the Nintendo handheld going forward or is there gonna be a 3DS successor eventually?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
A day and a half until bonertown. Also add me to the docked for life club.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

You guys really think the Switch just kinda is the Nintendo handheld going forward or is there gonna be a 3DS successor eventually?

There's going to be a non-switch 3DS successor if the switch bombs for some reason, otherwise the switch is it

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monkey Fracas posted:

It would be foolish for Nintendo to make a dedicated handheld when the "evolution of a species" is a handheld/console fusion.

Andrast posted:

There's going to be a non-switch 3DS successor if the switch bombs for some reason, otherwise the switch is it

If the Switch bombs then trying to rush out a 3DS successor is going to be the least of their problems.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TaurusOxford posted:

It would be foolish for Nintendo to make a dedicated handheld when the "evolution of a species" is a handheld/console fusion.

Coming Summer 2017, The Nintendo 4Dswitch XL

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Monkey Fracas posted:

The previous "third pillar" was Nintendo just covering their rear end while waiting to see what consumers did, I don't see it playing out any differently here. People will treat it as the new handheld and it will become the new handheld (and also the console).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExIgnis
Aug 21, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Mods? Other than VideoGames?

• Locked thread