Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Avengers Academy 29

I love the various facial expressions/reactions to Hercules in all his oiled up glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I love how X-23 is clearly not impressed.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I love how X-23 is clearly not impressed.

While Finesse is clearly intrigued and probably trying to work out if she could survive being given "The Gift."

Reptil looks stunned, and Stryker seems to be feeling inadequate.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 10, 2017

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Where is my Taskmistress mini, Marvel?! Finesse and Tasky kickin' rear end and taking names that he has to write down so he doesn't forget.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

No idea on source, GIS says "spider man panel" :spidey:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Definitely Spidey Super Stories. Don't know what issue.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's issue #22.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did he find the tracer in a toilet later?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That's a good hat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

a kitten posted:

That's a good hat.

Why doesn't that look ever make the list of Spider-Man's greatest costumes?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Spidey Super Stories not being on Marvel Unlimited is probably the biggest gap in their back issues right now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Is... is Spidey going to shove that cake in his eye hole?

edit: No wait that's ice cream... still doesn't make sense.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Kwyndig posted:

to me it looks like he's about to flick it and send it flying

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't f with tiny top hat spidey. he will glue you to a cake.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kenan is kind of a dick, but watching him get a lesson in humility is fun.

Also him not understanding a thing Lex said is also hilarious.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 11, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kwyndig posted:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Is that mustache on his mask or coming through it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

Is that mustache on his mask or coming through it?

It's all natural, baby.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lurdiak posted:

It's all natural, baby.

The very next page is icing on the cake.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Onmi posted:

Lex's lovely Mandarin is a highlight too.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Onmi posted:

Kenan is kind of a dick, but watching him get a lesson in humility is fun.

What book is this?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

the sexual Shiite posted:

What book is this?

New Super-Man

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Why is there a Chinese Superman?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Why is it hyphenated?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Why is there a Chinese Superman?

Superman died and China saw this as their chance to create their own knockoff Superman, who has a knockoff Wonder Woman and Knockoff Batman as part of a Knockoff Justice League.

It's a better book than that description would imply.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Or more specifically when Nu52 Superman died, he exploded into beams of light that empowered NuLana, NuLois and Kenan here. And then that lead into the whole knock off Justice League. They have Academy's set up for each super hero, the Academy of the Bat's current representative is a pretty hefty dude who's little sister is also at the academy. She's adorable and he's pretty down to earth considering his partners are an egomaniac who's parents are dead (Hilarious) and... Frankly I think New Wonder Woman is Sun Wukong.

She mentioned that it's hard to have family when you've been trapped in a rock for 200 years.

Also August General in Iron is there. So yeah, go read New Superman, it's actually really cool.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Superman in the Nu52 continuity is already dead?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lobok posted:

Why is it hyphenated?

I am also curious about this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lobok posted:

Superman in the Nu52 continuity is already dead?

New Superman died. Old Superman is still around.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New Superman died. Old Superman is still around.

This answer made my head explode and that explosion sent out beams of light that pierced through random individuals around the world and made them confused as hell, too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

This answer made my head explode and that explosion sent out beams of light that pierced through random individuals around the world and made them confused as hell, too.

Superman of the new Earth died. The old Superman pre-Rebirth is around and took over as Superman. There are implications that new Superman may never have been Superman at all. (A lot of people theorize he might have been Kon-El but there's nothing backing that up.)

He's going to be revived in a couple of months so we'll probably get the answer when he fights The Comedian or whatever.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

New 52 Superman (guy with the high collar, was outed by New 52 Lois and lost his powers for a little bit) died. Post-Crisis Superman (married to Lois, remembers the old DC Universe) was shifted to this world I think like 5 years ago. He and old world Lois were raising their son in secret until New 52 Superman died, then old world Clark stepped up and became Superman publicly again.

You really don't need to know any of this to enjoy the Superman comics though.

ImpAtom posted:

Superman of the new Earth died. The old Superman pre-Rebirth is around and took over as Superman. There are implications that new Superman may never have been Superman at all. (A lot of people theorize he might have been Kon-El but there's nothing backing that up.)

He's going to be revived in a couple of months so we'll probably get the answer when he fights The Comedian or whatever.

Yeah especially considering Rebirth claiming that the New 52 is the same universe as the old DCU, just with a decade of growth and relationships sucked out of it by the Big Mean Alan Moore Characters, there being two Clark Kents and two Lois Lanes running around is the biggest hole in that theory.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 11, 2017

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Do characters in-universe comment at all about how Superman died and suddenly there's a new one running around and that's kinda fishy? Or do they think it's the same guy?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Superstring posted:

Do characters in-universe comment at all about how Superman died and suddenly there's a new one running around and that's kinda fishy? Or do they think it's the same guy?

The Justice Leage at least know he's a different guy from an alternate world. In fact, the Trinity comic kicked off with Batman and Wonder Woman attempting to get to know this new (from their perspective) Clark and his family better.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Superstring posted:

they think it's kinda fishy.

Batman and Wonder Woman of China at the Academy of the Bat.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 11, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Superstring posted:

Everyone is aware the new Superman is different from the old Superman though most don't know the full deal.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Superstring posted:

It's probably a bit confusing since you also have Red and Blue Superwomen running around, Supergirl, Power Girl, and all kinds of other confusing things happening.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Justice League China sounds legit fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Onmi posted:

they think it's kinda fishy.

Batman and Wonder Woman of China at the Academy of the Bat.

For the record, "Grass Mud Horse" is a meme symbolizing protest against Government censorship of internet. It's characters closely resemble the Chinese characters for "gently caress your mother".