Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
What if there was a berserk mode, that triggered when you got under a certain threshold of HP. It would give you increased stats for the rest of the mission, but a slight decrease in the base numbers after the mission is over. That way Mika only gets messed up by the Barbatos in dangerous situations, and not just gets progressively hosed up every map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Eva unit 1 had berserk mode for years, and I'm sure there's other one-time power ups that became standard 150+ will power-ups that the series have done before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the worst day of my life was the day i learned texas mack was only in one episode of getter robo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Remember when Guld's suicide move became something you used 23 times a stage?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

remember when chirico could step out of his cockpit and fire a pistol in space

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Endorph posted:

the worst day of my life was the day i learned texas mack was only in one episode of getter robo

You couldn't have it around all the time; it's got too much high-power, man!

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Endorph posted:

remember when chirico could step out of his cockpit and fire a pistol in space

All after carrying the Anti-Spiral into Space Mountain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAmzPj9bLE

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
I think that Mika or the Barbatos would get a stat boost every time he does that, with the Graze Ein fight unlocking a sword attack. Also, since he can apparently pilot anything with the AV connector in it, the IBO cast can switch units around until the Graze Ein fight, then he's permanently locked into Barbatos for the rest of the game. Also they'd have the AV system as a pilot skill that requires Barbatos and the like to use, which functions like the Newtype skill, with Mika already having level 3 since he has 3 of the thing in him.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
If they do a game with IBO, it needs to have OYW Gundam stuff in it so we can have the Char and Garma face off against Char Clone and Garma Clone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whichever game IBO debuts in, they need to bring back Layzner for it.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Inferno-sama posted:

I think that Mika or the Barbatos would get a stat boost every time he does that, with the Graze Ein fight unlocking a sword attack. Also, since he can apparently pilot anything with the AV connector in it, the IBO cast can switch units around until the Graze Ein fight, then he's permanently locked into Barbatos for the rest of the game. Also they'd have the AV system as a pilot skill that requires Barbatos and the like to use, which functions like the Newtype skill, with Mika already having level 3 since he has 3 of the thing in him.

I was sorta thinking along the same lines. One idea I had is that during the Graze Ein fight, Ein has Lv9 in AV, and although you'd never be able to see the difference in actual gameplay, I think it'd be kinda cool if Lv9 AV actually gave Ein all of his stats, and his actual stats during that fight are at the bare minimum of 50, to represent that Ein literally cannot function outside of the Graze Ein.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Endorph posted:

just make an entire game about Mars

you get current-day relevance in almost assuredly AGE and Aldnoah, you get the obligatory 'who even watched this show' in Mars Daybreak, and if we've been good, maybe not-movie Nadesico

(though I'll forgive V if they did what W did and basically bring in their invented movie-verse Gai and his Aesti, that was in every way one of the coolest things the series has ever done)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

Honestly, I'd like to see IBO debut in something with a Macross representative. Mostly to see Mika and co. trying to understand how music can be as powerful a weapon as a giant railgun, but for totally different reasons.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Gundam Barbatos was free DLC for GGG and it was so overpowered (and didn't go anywhere development-wise) that I ended up selling it.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gundam Barbatos was free DLC for GGG and it was so overpowered (and didn't go anywhere development-wise) that I ended up selling it.

Honestly, it was a lame tie in (I also prefer form 4 over Lupus).

Though should've made you start with Form 1 and develop all the way into Lupus. That would have been something at least.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

just make an entire game about Mars

you get current-day relevance in almost assuredly AGE and Aldnoah, you get the obligatory 'who even watched this show' in Mars Daybreak, and if we've been good, maybe not-movie Nadesico

(though I'll forgive V if they did what W did and basically bring in their invented movie-verse Gai and his Aesti, that was in every way one of the coolest things the series has ever done)

Well if you're gonna have a game focused on Mars, might as well put ZoE in there too. :getin:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Daitarn 3.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

I was sorta thinking along the same lines. One idea I had is that during the Graze Ein fight, Ein has Lv9 in AV, and although you'd never be able to see the difference in actual gameplay, I think it'd be kinda cool if Lv9 AV actually gave Ein all of his stats, and his actual stats during that fight are at the bare minimum of 50, to represent that Ein literally cannot function outside of the Graze Ein.

That's a great idea but that would mean that Lv9 AV would have to give insane stats in order to account for it. His stats would be much lower than they should be, but at 50 even Lv9 AV wouldn't make up for it. He'd go from being a boss to a weak grunt with abnormally high HP.

Edit: Lv9 AV would just cover for the penalty to his stats for being permanently fused to the Graze Ein, but his stats would also be designed around Graze Ein. With Lv9 AV he'd have high melee, range, hit and evasion with decent defence and skill.

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 11, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, Aldnoah and IBO would be kind of hard to integrate because their roles are pretty much entirely reversed. In Aldnoah Mars is super advanced and powerful and Earth is treated as a massive underdog. In IBO, mars is a massive shithole that's only good for warm bodies and mining.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

Honestly, Aldnoah and IBO would be kind of hard to integrate because their roles are pretty much entirely reversed. In Aldnoah Mars is super advanced and powerful and Earth is treated as a massive underdog. In IBO, mars is a massive shithole that's only good for warm bodies and mining.

Just do what Z2 did with Japan and have two Mars. Problem solved.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Meganoids from Daitarn were made to defend Nadesico Mars but got wild and hecked it all up on IBO Mars. Aldnoah super Mars resisted the Meganoid assault. Godmars exists because I love that dude and we need more Mars.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You just call ibo the ghetto part of mars

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

Meganoids from Daitarn were made to defend Nadesico Mars but got wild and hecked it all up on IBO Mars. Aldnoah super Mars resisted the Meganoid assault. Godmars exists because I love that dude and we need more Mars.
'we must flee from mars'
'?'
'not you, takeru'

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Actually, that'd make Kudelia more popular. Seeing her with God Mars might make that whole Maiden of Revolution thing resonate with people more if they think the God of Mars is with her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Inferno-sama posted:

Actually, that'd make Kudelia more popular. Seeing her with God Mars might make that whole Maiden of Revolution thing resonate with people more if they think the God of Mars is with her.

'are we sure that isn't just a statue with thrusters attached to it'

'nonsense it just moved its head'

'... are you sure'

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of statue robots, we need another go-round of RahXephon being included. Especially now that we're getting games in English.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I want them to go whole hog with the Jesus metaphors when they use God Mars.

Like, have him actually die and fight Satan in hell to save the souls of the dead, like in the anime.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there anything to the reason why any Macross isn't in V is because of the whole harmony gold poo poo and they didn't want to risk it?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

I want them to go whole hog with the Jesus metaphors when they use God Mars.

Like, have him actually die and fight Satan in hell to save the souls of the dead, like in the anime.

Oh man, that makes me think we need a God Robot Wars game.

RahXephon, God Mars, Solar Aquarion, Demonbane, etc all killing extradimensional threats. :flashfap:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Why would harmony gold affect a release of it in singapore? if totally unrelated countries having rights were an issue, let's talk about how Daitarn 3 is still having reruns in Italy and is a classic cartoon there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

Why would harmony gold affect a release of it in singapore? if totally unrelated countries having rights were an issue, let's talk about how Daitarn 3 is still having reruns in Italy and is a classic cartoon there.

Because the Harmony Gold shitstorm specifically is because they own the rights of anything macross outside Japan because of 80's lawyering. It's not built like any other international deal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait, poo poo, really? haha, who the hell signed that in the 80s?

Anyway, it might be the cause then, because they're outright releasing V in singapore, with a box and everything. And near as I can tell, none of the recent Macross games have received asian english releases, even though most other mecha stuff has. Might mean we never get Macross Delta, if they keep doing releases like this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tae posted:

Because the Harmony Gold shitstorm specifically is because they own the rights of anything macross outside Japan because of 80's lawyering. It's not built like any other international deal.
I thought it was more like Harmony Gold claims they do and nobody in Japan feels it's worth the money to take them to court to prove them wrong.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Dr Pepper posted:

I thought it was more like Harmony Gold claims they do and nobody in Japan feels it's worth the money to take them to court to prove them wrong.

Harmony Gold's deal is with Tatsunoko. And is weird as gently caress. Like they basically did the same thing they hosed over FASA with the Battletech designs only on a larger scale and with a much bigger company subletting rights they apparently didn't have.

Also Zone of the Enders:Fist of Mars on the GBA is pretty much an SRW game already. With optional Easy mode combat resolution in the form of action sequences.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Any tips on how I should be speccing Warships in GGG? Since you get one shot at it, I don't want to screw up. Haven't bought any yet, but finally got 0096 Ra Cailum unlocked but I'm gonna drop the no XP parts on it for now.

I know the General Revil is better, but I don't have the part that makes it something besides Space only.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Any tips on how I should be speccing Warships in GGG? Since you get one shot at it, I don't want to screw up. Haven't bought any yet, but finally got 0096 Ra Cailum unlocked but I'm gonna drop the no XP parts on it for now.

I know the General Revil is better, but I don't have the part that makes it something besides Space only.

You can't make ships anything other than what they start as afaik. The Minovsky thing that lets you do XL or larger units in Air and Space are MS only if I remember right. For ships I did mostly attack with evasion coming second and then energy with a little defence or health if I couldn't spend all the points on a level evenly after everything else. I basically did: as many points attack as I could while still ending up at 0 points left sitting in a bar, if I couldn't get it to split evenly then I'd go for mobility and then energy.. I just aimed to always end up with no extra points overspent in anything as much as possible going ATK>MOB>EN>DEF>HP. I think I only put points into HP once in 50 levels on my sort of trying to minmax boat. My Sadalahn at 50 has 61700 HP, 461 EN, 551/356/350 in the other three for an idea of what sort of numbers you end up with. Served me fine enough on Hell difficulty.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Inferno-sama posted:

That's a great idea but that would mean that Lv9 AV would have to give insane stats in order to account for it. His stats would be much lower than they should be, but at 50 even Lv9 AV wouldn't make up for it. He'd go from being a boss to a weak grunt with abnormally high HP.

Edit: Lv9 AV would just cover for the penalty to his stats for being permanently fused to the Graze Ein, but his stats would also be designed around Graze Ein. With Lv9 AV he'd have high melee, range, hit and evasion with decent defence and skill.

I've just sort of been operating on the idea that A.V. as a skill never actually levels up, and it's just based on how many connections you have, i.e. most people who have A.V. have Lv1 AV and that's it, except Mika, who has Lv3 because, y'know, three Whiskers. Assuming nobody else shows up in the show who gets permanently fused to their mech like Eins, he'll be the only guy who has Lv9 AV, and thus we can, in fact, have Lv9 AV give outrageous stats because only Eins will get it (this will of course come back to bite us when somebody glitches the game so that you can level up AV, and IBO becomes disgustingly dominating because everyone with AV can glitch to Lv9 and get +180 or so to everything).

Wow, this really is a lot of effort for a doofy easter egg that nobody will see without hacking the game to see what exactly skills do, huh?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
You could make it like a Curse of Geass thing where Mika gets a massive AVS score at full bandwidth, in that case?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i'm mostly just sad that my favorite mech design from ibo belongs to a throwaway villain

the gusion is like a grittier kapool with a hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

i'm mostly just sad that my favorite mech design from ibo belongs to a throwaway villain

the gusion is like a grittier kapool with a hammer

The model kit lets you swap between the Standard and Rebake frames, so maybe it's SRW inculsion will allow switching from the option parts menu?

• Locked thread