Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dont challenge me b*tch

you can use real words, like gently caress and rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

I like how zkill has the isk to currency conversion mod on now.

almost 100 dollars in pure fitting, not counting the ship skin, or that a special edition hull?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I like how zkill has the isk to currency conversion mod on now.

almost 100 dollars in pure fitting, not counting the ship skin, or that a special edition hull?

Skins don't show on zkillboard this ones legit a special edition hull.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dont challenge me b*tch

Thank you for censoring yourself.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rattlesnake Victory Editions came out just before the new skin system and CCP kept saying they would convert them to how they do the AT skins now. But that was like 3 years ago or something.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Worlds Smuggest posted:

it's a special edition hull that's effectively just a skin, same stats as a normal rattle

They were a thing for AT12 where teams got skins just for winning any match, so that the non-PL/Hydra teams had a prize to play for. But that was during the skin prototype time so it wasn't a skin, it was a BPC that turned a normal ship into the skinned one. And CCP's never converted them to the new skins -- the similar Scorpion Ishukone Watch (the ship that took down Somer Blink) is now a skin.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
still, 100bux, for a highsec kill is pretty high, though I'm sure we've seen higher but maybe not for a while without plex in the hold this year.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Worlds Smuggest posted:

still, 100bux, for a highsec kill is pretty high, though I'm sure we've seen higher but maybe not for a while without plex in the hold this year.

6B+ isk suicide ganks happen all the time though :confused:

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

6B+ isk suicide ganks happen all the time though :confused:

just browsing zkill and not seeing much in the way of over 5bill, without plex in cargo.

I also don't count JF's unless they are hilariously loaded.

Also my article is up :toot:
https://imperium.news/cooking-tidi-things-consider/

e: yeah this is far as I can see on zkill on the 5b+ tracker the only fitted ship kill of the year. am going to double check the 10b+ filter but should still be the same.

Worlds Smuggest fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 11, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Orange Red Bull posted:

so who's winning the war

RVCMF because they are just chilling alongside rocks in Lonetrek.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Worlds Smuggest posted:

just browsing zkill and not seeing much in the way of over 5bill, without plex in cargo.

I also don't count JF's unless they are hilariously loaded.

Also my article is up :toot:
https://imperium.news/cooking-tidi-things-consider/

e: yeah this is far as I can see on zkill on the 5b+ tracker the only fitted ship kill of the year. am going to double check the 10b+ filter but should still be the same.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/59076573/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/59045500/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/59040693/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/59026240/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/59023647/

yeah sure aren't any kills around 5b and up in hisec that don't have plex :rolleyes:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

VideoGames posted:

RVCMF because they are just chilling alongside rocks in Lonetrek.

what skin should i get for my rorqual mr videogames

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

These are all freighters though :smith:

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Viva Miriya posted:

There's more than one now?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Worlds Smuggest posted:

These are all freighters though :smith:

So?

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

I never really considered freighter ganking an interesting kill, they are big, slow, and usually very researched and targeted kills because of that.

Also people are extremely dumb with haulers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Expensive freighters dying in highsec is good but if they're the only thing expensive dying then it means that either nobody is fielding other expensive stuff (not likely; see incursion pimp boats) or they are but they're too mechanically protected to kill (likely).

tl;dr not enough conflict in highsec.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Worlds Smuggest posted:

I never really considered freighter ganking an interesting kill, they are big, slow, and usually very researched and targeted kills because of that.

And someone suiciding a ship on the jita undock is an interesting kill? Like if you want to say it's the only kill that fits your narrow definition of expensive, interesting kill fine but 5b+ losses happen all the time in hisec

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Worlds Smuggest posted:

There's more than one now?

Like 13 of them, it's kinda hard for me to figure it out. I might just go with the Angel skin.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

And someone suiciding a ship on the jita undock is an interesting kill? Like if you want to say it's the only kill that fits your narrow definition of expensive, interesting kill fine but 5b+ losses happen all the time in hisec

fair, but you do see my point that freighters are dime a dozen and not all that interesting mechanically to kill save the fact they are typically giant loot pinata's if you can find one bloated with cargo.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Viva Miriya posted:

Oh that's an interesting thought! Lemme go and look at the skins.

EDIT: I cannot find an easy way to look at the skins without logging on and I am at work.

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 11, 2017

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Oh that's an interesting thought! Lemme go and look at the skins.

EDIT: I cannot find an easy way to look at the skins without logging on and I am at work.

Install EVE on your work pc, problem solved.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Worlds Smuggest posted:

freighters are dime a dozen and not all that interesting mechanically to kill

you only say that because you're ignoring / ignorant of the years worth of theorycrafting, experimentation, and practice by goons and others. yes the end result of a current freighter gank is fairly rote these days. all the exciting stuff happened before now.

wanna know something crazy? years and years ago, freighter kills in highsec were really rare and usually meant the frieghter pilot got duped into accepting a duel or something like that. this despite the fact that concord was slower, ganking was easier, and a failed gank wasn't that painful because you got insurance. CCP's slow ratcheting up of gank difficulty is what turned gankers into professionals.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Klyith posted:

you only say that because you're ignoring / ignorant of the years worth of theorycrafting, experimentation, and practice by goons and others. yes the end result of a current freighter gank is fairly rote these days. all the exciting stuff happened before now.

wanna know something crazy? years and years ago, freighter kills in highsec were really rare and usually meant the frieghter pilot got duped into accepting a duel or something like that. this despite the fact that concord was slower, ganking was easier, and a failed gank wasn't that painful because you got insurance. CCP's slow ratcheting up of gank difficulty is what turned gankers into professionals.

Gankers realising that this game is only playable with spreadsheets is probably what changed a lot of it :v: makes calculating the amount of ships you need much much easier

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

Faction Destroyers and BCs would be cool.

This reminds me, has anyone getten some use out of the new faction destroyer CCP gifted to everyone?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
The fight in 36N-HZ was super interesting from my POV. NC had taken out a svipul roam and were just running around provi looking for a fight. We heard about a TEST levi tackled and were close enough to whore on it. Then that Rag came in. I got initial bubbles on it and then burned bubbles towards the main fight. Good stuff.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Klyith posted:

almost certainly

the main bad thing is that the TESCO rank and file feel ok about losing theirs

does test reimburse for supers these days?

TEST does not reimburse supers.

Also yes, we truly have line members who shrugged this off and considered the fight as nearly breaking even :negative:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

working mom posted:

Gankers realising that this game is only playable with spreadsheets is probably what changed a lot of it :v: makes calculating the amount of ships you need much much easier

Once upon a time, freighters didn't have low slots and we're automagically expanded and only had 168k EHP and 10 Talos could kill any freighter in any system that was prepped by Concord. Spreadsheets were a reaction, not an improvement. And given that there are only 3 sets of people that regularly gank in the game that can effectively gank, I'm pretty sure MiniLuv is the only one with one.

The rattlesnake? I was in captains quarters and undocked to get ready to pod some dudes. Didn't realize I was in it. Could've redocked, could've turned a shield booster on, but gently caress it. I regret it a little more this morning, but, after suiciding over a hundred billion isk in ships in my career, I'm not too fazed by it.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Also, maybe it's everything that happens before and after the f1 that makes it interesting? I know MiniLuv has probably jaded most of the population to freighter kills, but our ability to kill freighters is a better reflection of our skill than its difficulty. If that wasn't the case, that spectre fleet gank fleet that said, "all you need is nano machariels and catalysts" would've gotten more than 1 kill.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
This is the kind of poo poo I subject myself to on a daily basis. :negative:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

amazeballs posted:

This is the kind of poo poo I subject myself to on a daily basis. :negative:

that guy is one of the worst test posters and, given the ones in this thread alone, that sure says a lot

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

evilweasel posted:

that guy is one of the worst test posters and, given the ones in this thread alone, that sure says a lot

12azor clear was the was the worst human being I've ever met. I'm glad his titan died.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Also the only acceptable time for your titan to die is either with friends who are also dying or logging in after a really long time and trying to Yolo move it because this game is hard to try at because it's so bad.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

12azor clear was the was the worst human being I've ever met. I'm glad his titan died.

Is there a story here?
:allears:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Also the only acceptable time for your titan to die is either with friends who are also dying or logging in after a really long time and trying to Yolo move it because this game is hard to try at because it's so bad.
Agreed. And dying alone at planet 6 in a poo poo fit rag is nowhere near a noble death

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Reverand maynard posted:

Agreed. And dying alone at planet 6 in a poo poo fit rag is nowhere near a noble death

Comms was busy but this is a rough paraphrase of what happened:

"You're going to need a new bridging titan"
"What?"
"I jumped instead of bridged"
"get safe!"

(a minute or so later)
"Titan are you safe?"
"No, I'm tackled by a sabre"

Thomas's tone of voice at that moment was the auditory embodiment of :cripes:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

tickets to the gunt show posted:

Is there a story here?
:allears:

Something like TEST guy gets kicked for being a terrible FC early in the TESTCO war in Tribute. Scammed a titan (the one that died) and here we are today.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Discussion Quorum posted:

Comms was busy but this is a rough paraphrase of what happened:

"You're going to need a new bridging titan"
"What?"
"I jumped instead of bridged"
"get safe!"

(a minute or so later)
"Titan are you safe?"
"No, I'm tackled by a sabre"

Thomas's tone of voice at that moment was the auditory embodiment of :cripes:

I was the initial tackle and literally couldn't believe it. Sabre survived as well.

g*dbless.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so how has t-c been managing to elite pvp ratting carriers so well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Landsknecht posted:

so how has t-c been managing to elite pvp ratting carriers so well?

With everyone capable of mounting a defense deployed, they're like an invasive species in the Galápagos, may Darwin's will be done.

• Locked thread