Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

RatHat posted:

Yellowjacket: The animation changes are eh but the costume effect(25% more damage against Heroes) could be significant in some modes.

The animation change to his 4* is really good. He now moves rather than standing and has some iframes on it. Between that and his 3, with a good CD you can keep the 5 going without taking damage in between. I beat the boss rumble with him solo at SL 14~ and took no damage in the process. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Has Netmarbu ever said why Dimensional Rifts don't give SHIELD/Alliance XP?

e: i have discovered i have a new worst fear, which is netmarbu will make the ugly-rear end space armor a requirement for ranking up the gotg2 uniform, and i will have to buy it

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 11, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Has Netmarbu ever said why Dimensional Rifts don't give SHIELD/Alliance XP?

e: i have discovered i have a new worst fear, which is netmarbu will make the ugly-rear end space armor a requirement for ranking up the gotg2 uniform, and i will have to buy it

No limit really. You could game the system hard to power level your exp assuming enough energy which you could technically whale for. Keep adding friends and dropping friends. Have guildies pop one at a time. I assume.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
But if you're whaling for energy, you could just keep running normal missions? They don't stop giving XP once they run out of biometrics, right?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So is 12-6 just a Strange check? Everything I've read basically tells me not to bother unless I have him maxed. Tried it last night with T2 Enchantress, Carnage, Sharon Rogers. He one shot them all at various points.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

You could probably clear chapter 12 without Strange but you'd have to approach it more like you're working on a world record shmup score and less like you're playing a phone game about super heroes. Just get your Strange into shape.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Irony.or.Death posted:

You could probably clear chapter 12 without Strange but you'd have to approach it more like you're working on a world record shmup score and less like you're playing a phone game about super heroes. Just get your Strange into shape.

Yeah working on that. At like 1100 Universal Norns, like 600 Chaos (can only do 3 WB clears a day max with my roster), and like 1500 dark antimatter. So it's an adventure!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My Strange (Just got to 6 Star) couldn't do anything against Sultar because he was dodging mostly everything. Do I need to like have a bullseye leader?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Cinara posted:

Strange did every stage 12 for me with zero issues, you just need to practice his rotation. Hit the 5, alternate 2 and 3 more or less as fast as you can and watch your buff. When the invulnerability from the 5 is at ~1 second left, hit his 4 for about 9 hours of iframes and then just hit the 5 again when it is back up(don't wait for 4 to finish). Repeat forever until boss dies, you will take zero damage if done right, or tiny amounts that the costume heal will fix right up. You don't need to move, swap characters, dodge attacks or really do anything besides mash his attacks.

Quoting myself from early in the thread. Just do this rotation, as long as you have any level of SCD it doesn't matter how good your Strange is this should beat any content in the game that doesn't pierce invuln.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So, new players get 2 6* selectors from the first week login rewards, a 4* from losing a mission (from a limited selection list), and enough bio selectors from the Journey of Growth (if they skip the Heroes journey, which they should) to get another 6*.

The standard newbie guide which is otherwise pretty good recommends Silk or Kingpin for the third slot but I think that's maybe bad advice at this point. Silk's great and can solo a speed relay once she's geared and stuff but she's not very helpful on WB and while she does work in Timeline that's not something new players really need to be shooting for. Kingpin needs his uni.

So, after Sharon day 1 and Loki day 7, what should new people spend all the generics on? It's kind of hard because I dunno how effective a lot of people are with crap gear and cards. Are there people who are gems at lower levels? Decent choices as I see it (with an eye towards early shadowlands and maybe WBes):

Kamala - Can solo the first level of Shadowlands. Not much help in WB (though she can take out Prox and SG with some execution).
A1 - Great to have overall, getting him now means a headstart on a later bit of Strange's quest. Sorta farmable. Blast, and you already have Sharon. Can solo SL stage 2 though and has a good WB striker bonus.
Silk - Good but doesn't do much for a new player I think?
Shang-chi - Can he solo SL stage 1? I only got him recently, haven't used him much.

But honestly I think the winner is: Captain Marvel. She's 'farmable' from honor tokens but it's slooooow, and being able to get a few bios a week towards upgrading her gear is a big deal (Sharon's gonna be stuck at +15 for a long while.) Even once you finish her you'll want Warwolf so it's not like you'll run out of honor token stuff to grind anytime soon. She can kill WB's at T1 with gear and backup, and she's a really good T2 to build towards. Good leadership for Sharon or Loki, and with her uni she's a good WB striker.

Thoughts? People I missed?

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 11, 2017

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013

NmareBfly posted:

So, new players get 2 6* selectors from the first week login rewards, a 4* from losing a mission (from a limited selection list), and enough bio selectors from the Journey of Growth (if they skip the Heroes journey, which they should) to get another 6*.

The standard newbie guide which is otherwise pretty good recommends Silk or Kingpin for the third slot but I think that's maybe bad advice at this point. Silk's great and can solo a speed relay once she's geared and stuff but she's not very helpful on WB and while she does work in Timeline that's not something new players really need to be shooting for. Kingpin needs his uni.

So, after Sharon day 1 and Loki day 7, what should new people spend all the generics on? It's kind of hard because I dunno how effective a lot of people are with crap gear and cards. Are there people who are gems at lower levels? Decent choices as I see it (with an eye towards early shadowlands and maybe WBes):

Kamala - Can solo the first level of Shadowlands. Not much help in WB (though she can take out Prox and SG with some execution).
A1 - Great to have overall, getting him now means a headstart on a later bit of Strange's quest. Sorta farmable. Blast, and you already have Sharon. Can solo SL stage 2 though and has a good WB striker bonus.
Silk - Good but doesn't do much for a new player I think?
Shang-chi - Can he solo SL stage 1? I only got him recently, haven't used him much.

But honestly I think the winner is: Captain Marvel. She's 'farmable' from honor tokens but it's slooooow, and being able to get a few bios a week towards upgrading her gear is a big deal (Sharon's gonna be stuck at +15 for a long while.) Even once you finish her you'll want Warwolf so it's not like you'll run out of honor token stuff to grind anytime soon. She can kill WB's at T1 with gear and backup, and she's a really good T2 to build towards. Good leadership for Sharon or Loki, and with her uni she's a good WB striker.

Thoughts? People I missed?

When I started out I got silk pretty early putting all my agility selectors from the free chests towards her (This was when there was way more speed characters than any other so you got them almost every time) and silk carried me through a lot starting out. The CC helps a lot in Villain seige, will always be useful in SL, will help get more tokens in TL for captain marvel, and she is still very good in WB. She is outclasses now by a lot of heroes, but having a shield and iframes is still good against WB. I would say she is still better than kingpin in every mode.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I forgot all about this game over December, whoops

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Maggy posted:

I forgot all about this game over December, whoops

Rude. Well, Hawkeye (Katherine Heigl) is playable now and that is good.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm on day 8 of my new account and have 6* Carnage, Loki, Sharon, Enchantress, Silk, and BW. Sharon solos everything except Shadowlands, WB, and AB (which Loki can cover frequently)

While I have 6 characters at 6*, the biometrics came much faster than upgrade mats. I'm not diluting my efforts so everything goes into Sharon until she's done. So everyone except Sharon is at 12/9/9/9. They simply don't have a role yet because Sharon solos everything except what she can't, and what she can't solo is stuff that will take time to develop.

So, I think new players who are concerned about progression (not me) should pick their selectors based on who will be used once they reach the harder content - Shadowlands and WB. Sharon and Loki can cover everything else by the end of Day 2 or so and the rest of the content will take weeks to develop teams for.

I might just be a bad player though (90% chance)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pro tip I only figured out a week ago or so: Item Shop sells Gear Ups super cheap. Like 10 for 9,000.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
Netmarbu really needs to take a look at the speed category. Combat is still behind blast/uni, but the BP, Sif, and Hulks updates at least provided a lot of new options there.

I think Kate Hawkguy might be the best new Speed from the past several months but she is still like B+ tier at best, probably around the same place as the non-Silk spiderpeople. Before her Gwenpool was the last really good new Speed character (and even GP is behind the curve of the blast power creep).

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
what the gently caress is a uniform upgrade kit

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Roll all gear was worth anything negative anyone has to say about the patch.

I am going to T2 Red Hulk, he seems to be the best of the bunch.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

Roll all gear was worth anything negative anyone has to say about the patch.

I am going to T2 Red Hulk, he seems to be the best of the bunch.

he does the car rider thing but in combat + built in healing but no dmg bonus vs villain

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Apparently when you rank up a uniform, that level's bonus ranges are dependent on the rank of the required costume to open that level. Like ranking up She-Hulk's uniform will raise the floor and ceiling of Doctor Strange's Advanced level bonus; like SCD 448-522 at She-Hulk's uniform unranked to SCD 697 - 771 at She-Hulk rank 1.

So to completely power-creep Doctor Strange you need his Marvel's Doctor Strange uniform, All-New She-Hulk(, Civil War Black Widow, Ms. Marvel Captain Marvel, Annihilation Ronan, Civil War Ant-Man, Secret Wars: 2099 Black Widow), Captain America Winter Soldier(, Armored Moon Knight, All-New, All-Different Spider-Man, Spidoc M.O.D.O.K., All-New, All-Different Yondu, Secret Wars: 2099 Captain America), Modern Deathlok(, Space Armor Star-Lord, Age of Ultron Ultron Mark 1, Secret Wars: Renew Your Vows Spider-Man, Age of Ultron Iron Man, Age of Ultron Captain America), Ultimate Green Goblin(, Age of Ultron Ultron Mark 3, All-New, All-Different Daredevil, All-New, All-Different Mockingbird), Claws Black Cat(, Secret Wars: Red Skull Red Skull, Secret Wars: Marvel Zombies Elsa Bloodstone, Avengers: The Initiative War Machine, Civil War Winter Soldier, Prometheus Destroyer).

In summary, 21,750 gems (at 750 per uniform) and 3,100 character bios. Plus all the BAM for Strange.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This uniform system is getting some huge backlash, I suspect it'll be changed soon(hopefully before next patch). At the very least they'd remove the owning other uniforms requirement but hopefully they also decrease the bios required too.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
I am curious what is going to be netmarbululu's response to this will be. There was backlash for the T2 system as well, but those subsided pretty quickly. This has people in a much bigger uproar.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Two main changes would fix the bulk of my problems:

- Add an expendable and at least vaguely farmable uniform token that you burn to take the place of a uni you don't have when upgrading.
- Make uniform upgrades upgrade all the uniforms for a given character at once.

The second one is a bigger deal, tbh. Right now, say I expend a bunch of resources leveling my Nico costume. She's unfarmable, so the ~600 bios is going to be a pretty drat big deal in terms of resources. Then next month NM drops a newer, better costume for her. That would suck.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Kate Bishop is kind of terrible

The world betrayed me once again

Guess I should T2 Rulk for a decent Combat

E: terrible for me, who is also terrible.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 11, 2017

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

you are the worst, dude

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
She's way better than Hawkeye at least.

EDIT: She can just barely get 100k in Extreme Alliance Battle too https://youtu.be/OAhdvWWrdIA

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 11, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RatHat posted:

She's way better than Hawkeye at least.

It's cool that they stuck so close to the comics.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
So, for anyone interested, here's my hot take on Ironheart. Primarily T1 but with a bit of T2 thrown in.

At T1, she is a slightly weaker blast Carnage. And that's with her using her own leadership. Without the ability to heal herself.

So, she's weaker than Carnage, lacks one of the big draws of Carnage T1, and has to fight the blast line up for superiority.

At T2, bits get fixed. She gains a proc to heal and buff herself. It's not an at will heal, so that still puts her in a slightly worse place among the paywalls (Carnage blobs, Hyp 3, Enchantress' Charm). She still has to fight other Blast characters for a place, however. Strange won't be surpassed for a while yet, Enchantress can permanently CC WBs, same as Strange. Sharon can hit much harder. YJ is in perma-i-frames. And those are just the outstanding blast chars.

In terms of paywall value? She's really not worth a paywall slot. Earlier I compared her to Carnage, but the better comparison is to Hellstorm. She has an invuln, and a proc heal (e: and some nice i-frames). Honestly, she has a great kit. The kit, however, is lacking for a paywall character. If she was an unfarm/limited farm her power would be right on the money, even a bit more impressive.

And for the inevitable Hyperion responses: True, he's a distant 3rd among the sub only chars now, but Universal is still a bit lacking (in number, some might argue in quality) outside of base T2s. Meanwhile Ironheart, while probably better than Hyperion, has to fight for space against a lot of good blast chars.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh you realize she can stay invincible forever right? She's basically Yellowjacket with slightly more survivability and slightly less damage.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

RatHat posted:

Uh you realize she can stay invincible forever right? She's basically Yellowjacket with slightly more survivability and slightly less damage.

Yes. Like I said, she has a great kit. It lacks anything unique, though. I'm not saying she's a bad character, at all. I'm merely saying compared to the other paywalls, when you consider the other paywall blast and more easily obtained blast chars, she's not the first one to go for.

Edit: Though she probably beats out Hyperion, unless you need to buff up your universal team.

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
All three characters T2 buffs seem kinda meh and uninspired.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Thoughts on new costumes?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Really debating buying that Squirrel Girl costume and using a 5 and 6 star ticket to get her up there because I want to date her IRL.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Erdricks posted:

Thoughts on new costumes?

Moustache not bristly enough.

YJ looks like Cobra Commander.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The YJ costume looks terrible. But YJ is really good.

At least it's not as bad as the Captain Testicle costume for Star Lord.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Really debating buying that Squirrel Girl costume and using a 5 and 6 star ticket to get her up there because I want to date her IRL.

this should not be a debate, it's free* damage for her

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I've fallen for the stash.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New top tier strat everybody. If you need gold, T2 all your guys. Made 1.4 million on this new key strat. AZ LEEDO told me this and I bestow it down to you my zooplanktons.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I need a million dollars so I just went to my billion dollars and went to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You see that good deal for 6 million gold for 3200 crystals and you're just like, "Lol why do that when you can make 1.4 million gold for like, 77000 crystals."

• Locked thread