Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Astro Ambulance posted:

I'm pretty sure the author stated he just said that to psyche himself up, it wasn't literal

that's my point

if he says a number over 100%, it's probably just that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Manatee Cannon posted:

there was a panel where deku used like a million percent against muscle fiber guy

And the author had to say that it wasn't literal later because pedantic nerds kept asking him about.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mordaedil posted:

I think when you shatter your legs and arm using your strength, you've effectively gone beyond 100%.

No, truly going beyond 100% would involve Midoriya punching a guy so hard that the very concept of his existence was destroyed, rewriting reality so that he was never born.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He went "beyond 100%" in the sense that he had to break past his limits just like All Might did when fighting Noumu (there's some flashbacks to just that moment).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mordaedil posted:

I think when you shatter your legs and arm using your strength, you've effectively gone beyond 100%.

Beyond human limits. Which is why Deku's body keeps breaking. I imagine if as people predict he does finish with some kind of crazy 110% punch or something, his arm would just explode. So would whatever he punched.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

He could go 'beyond 100%' straightforwardly in the current ofa metaphysics just by developing the power to a higher level than All Might did, surpassing his previous measure of its limits.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You: I bet they're gonna do a "give 110%" thing.

Me, an Intellectual: Going past 100% is a mathematical impossibility :spergin:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is the problem with assuming text on power levels, especially in-character text, is prescriptive rather than descriptive.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
You've finally done it, Boku no Hero. Welcome to every DBZ shonen discussion ever!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Dragonatrix posted:

You've finally done it, Boku no Hero. Welcome to every DBZ shonen discussion ever!

Nappa Iida: Vegeta Bakugou, what does the scouter say about his power level!?!?
Vegeta Bakugou: It's over 9000 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Due to zeno's paradox, Deku's shoot style will never work, his foot will never reach his opponents face; because if you halve distances infinitely he will never cross the distance required. That is a literal math fact that is real, like not having more than 100% of anything, even though it can be mathematically represented. Check Mate. :smug: I will accept my nobel prize for shonen math now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If Deku punches with one fist at 100% power and then the other fist at 100%, does that mean he attacked with 200% of his power?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Actually, for balance reasons the follow-up attack only brings it to 150% power

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Even post nerf it's still completely distorting the meta.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
This conversation is making wonder which characters would show up in a Shonen Jump crossover fighter. Deku and Bakugou are a must, but there are a bunch of other options I can't decide on for a third rep (All Might, Tsuyu, Todoroki, Tokoyami, Shigaraki, Iida, Uraraka, etc.)

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

This conversation is making wonder which characters would show up in a Shonen Jump crossover fighter. Deku and Bakugou are a must, but there are a bunch of other options I can't decide on for a third rep (All Might, Tsuyu, Todoroki, Tokoyami, Shigaraki, Iida, Uraraka, etc.)

Based on the last one, it'd probably be Stained or Shigaraki.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So by what contrivance is Kemi going to live because I am kinda doubting that Horikoshi is going to have the development be that she was kidnapped, confined, and murdered by a psychopath for her blood just so she could steal a single drop of Midoriya's blood. Seems a tad dark for WSJ.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

So by what contrivance is Kemi going to live because I am kinda doubting that Horikoshi is going to have the development be that she was kidnapped, confined, and murdered by a psychopath for her blood just so she could steal a single drop of Midoriya's blood. Seems a tad dark for WSJ.

A character we've never met before having died off screen isn't super dark I don't think.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A character we've never met before having died off screen isn't super dark I don't think.
It's more the implication of how it happened that seems pretty grim for this series. Like I assume the mook criminals Overhaul's Gang and Dabi ran into all died gruesomely, but I'm not sure if this series would do any flavor of "A serial killer kidnapped confined and murdered a 16-17 year-old girl".

I dunno though- if she lives or not you'd think it'd be a big loving deal that the Villain Alliance is spreading the fun around to the rest of Hero Academia even if it's just to take further shots at UA.

It'd be really interesting if Kemi being kidnapped (if she survived it or not) drove a wedge between UA and the other schools. As much as I'd find it interesting however it seems like a development that'd over-complicate the story though- Hori (probably rightly) doesn't seem to keep too many irons in the fire.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 12, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It'd be cool if there were some prominent character who came from a non-elite/prominent hero school. Like some dude from the hero equivalent of community college who worked really hard.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
... licenseless rider?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

It'd be cool if there were some prominent character who came from a non-elite/prominent hero school. Like some dude from the hero equivalent of community college who worked really hard.

Knuckleduster, Gentle-Man, and Pop Step never went to a hero school at all...

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

Knuckleduster, Gentle-Man THE CRAWLER, and Pop Step never went to a hero school at all...

ftfy

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Silver2195 posted:

Knuckleduster, Gentle-Man, and Pop Step never went to a hero school at all...

Yeah but they don't seem to be interacting at all with the main plot of MHA Prime.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Astro Ambulance posted:

Silver2195 posted:

Knuckleduster, The Hauler, and Pop Step never went to a hero school at all...

Fixed that fix for you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rangpur posted:

Actually, for balance reasons the follow-up attack only brings it to 150% power

300% power, actually, but he can only do it once per fight and it takes a lot of his MP.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

... licenseless rider?

I would be okay with one singular crossover.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

I hate that poo poo so goddamn much. My favorite line from Gattaca was, "No one can exceed their potential. If they do, it simply means we did not accurately gauge their potential in the first place."

Counterpoint: That episode of Teen Titans ruled.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

Counterpoint: That episode of Teen Titans ruled.

Was it a Teen Titans go episode? If so, which one, I fell behind.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Was it a Teen Titans go episode? If so, which one, I fell behind.

Naw, the series that was just straight up called Teen Titans. The first one.

It was the episode Cyborg fought Atlas.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I would be okay with one singular crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNiI5t0Ueo

a true hero

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/122/3941/1

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That bland face...!

Bland Might

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 12, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That's an odd belt buckle on vaultboy in the last panel.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

He looks like Tintin!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Oh my god Vault Might is great

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Oh my god, that dude's face.