Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

IT BEGINS
with a Star Wars text scroll in very good English!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Man, that new OP was pretty poo poo. Who monkeypaw'd Konosuba.

I'll still gladly watch it.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Ytlaya posted:

I think what makes this series work so well despite the kind of questionable premise is the fact that the party has really good chemistry and the dialogue between them feels really natural (and funny as a result).

IIRC the actors are allowed to ad-lib a lot, that's where the "Yes, I'm Kazuma" gag came from

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Can we just replace the entire Ace Attorney anime with this episode on loop? It'd be an improvement.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Best prison escape ever!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

God, could you imagine having Aqua as your defence attorney? It must be up there on the "worst possible outcomes" list

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Why, the judge would get so sick of her that they'd just charge her and be done with it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Mister Olympus posted:

IIRC the actors are allowed to ad-lib a lot, that's where the "Yes, I'm Kazuma" gag came from

They do, but most of the dialogue is still straight from the LN.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

nielsm posted:

Can we reinstate the DEEN meme now?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

God, could you imagine having Aqua as your defence attorney? It must be up there on the "worst possible outcomes" list
Well, at least getting executed directly afterwards would be a bit of a relief. :v:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

Can we reinstate the DEEN meme now?

No, because Deen stuff was both ugly AND boring. This show might be technically ugly, but drat is it beautifully absurd in all the right ways.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it's one of those shows where the cheaper animation just somehow adds to it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Am I imagining things or was the animation quality worse in this episode than last season?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Imagining I think it seems the same.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

DEEN gets a pass from me because of KonoSuba and Rakugo until its responsible for something like Hand Shakers.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nitrousoxide posted:

Am I imagining things or was the animation quality worse in this episode than last season?

I had that same thought, but I didn't mind that much. Konosuba has to be off model. It's just part of its nature.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nalin posted:

I had that same thought, but I didn't mind that much. Konosuba has to be off model. It's just part of its nature.

It's tolerable, but at the same time holy poo poo. DEEN finds a show that performs insanely well - well enough to surprisingly get a second season - and they half-rear end the animation work in the second season even more than the first?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
This show is so dumb. I like it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

DEEN gets a pass from me because of KonoSuba and Rakugo until its responsible for something like Hand Shakers.

I'm almost afraid to ask. So I won't

I love this stupid show. Also

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Something goes even more wrong than it should. And it's probably dumb. And hilarious to watch.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask. So I won't

I love this stupid show. Also

Something goes even more wrong than it should. And it's probably dumb. And hilarious to watch.

She somehow manages to get you convicted of even more crimes than you were initially accused of, and your sentence gets changed from being hung to being drawn and quartered. Sounds about right for Aqua.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

She somehow manages to get you convicted of even more crimes than you were initially accused of, and your sentence gets changed from being hung to being drawn and quartered. Sounds about right for Aqua.

To be fair, as long as you don't get consecutive death sentences, she can fix you right up.

In fact, getting a life sentence replaced with a death sentence could be argued as successful negotiation, all things considered.

Which means, of course, you need to be sure she never figures that out.

(Don't know if it's true, but apparently the off-model is, to some extent, a conscious artistic decision. Would need to find an interview to say anything with confidence, but that's what I've heard.)

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

thanks konosuba now i can't decide if darkness or aqua is better.

:mad:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm glad these retarded children are back to suffer for my amusement.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The best part of this episode: a new Pause screen! The old pause screen with Aqua going nuts is the 'locked' wallpaper for my tablet.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

It's tolerable, but at the same time holy poo poo. DEEN finds a show that performs insanely well - well enough to surprisingly get a second season - and they half-rear end the animation work in the second season even more than the first?

Counter example: Rakugo season 2.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"He even gave me a coupon!"

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Animation quality aside, the OP animation satire is absolutely incredible. Everything from the "group is running in this direction" to "random dance sequence" to "falling from the sky for no reason (with reason and conclusion now shown)" was incredible. I can't make enough GIFs to even try and show it all. 0% chance I ever skip this OP during the entire season.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i don't care about the production values as long as the voice acting stays on point, the corner cutting somehow fits right in with the shows tone

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
loved this ep. the animation is great; if anyone on staff had doubts about the ridiculous style last year, you can tell they're totally with it now. the show is jam-packed with stupid faces. it's good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

NotALizardman posted:

thanks konosuba now i can't decide if darkness or aqua is better.

:mad:

Uh Aqua duh, why would you even ask this, pretty hosed up IMO

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Uh Aqua duh, why would you even ask this, pretty hosed up IMO

I'm sorry, but I just can't think of Aqua as a main heroine, no matter how hard I try.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
konosuba is a show about people who fail as humans, and aqua is the biggest failure of them all. who else could be the heroine?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
aqua isn't supposed to be human though

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfgames posted:

aqua isn't supposed to be human though

that means she failed so much harder since she had a higher starting point

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
eris is best goddess and best human

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm sorry, but I just can't think of Aqua as a main heroine, no matter how hard I try.

And that is why she is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best thing I read about Aqua and I don't know if it's an official thing or not but "makes her panties invisible so no one can get a panty shot" thing sums her up so perfectly.