Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

FAU is terrified WickedHate will kill herself if she gets permaed, lol.

Like with those two dickheads in the IOSM thread that tried to downplay pedo poo poo due to "puritans", I wonder why this poo poo gets off so easy.

Wickedhate is a teenager who needs to seek professional help. There's clearly a lot of mental baggage going on with her beyond being trans. She's gotten a lot better since her first couple bans at any rate so there's still hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I agree that WickedHate needs help more than she needs to be chased out of forums and told to kill herself but man it feels like she's been playing that teenager card for a while now, like either she registered at age 13 or she's actually like 22 now and just hoping people keep writing off the awful things she posts as "ah well dumbass teenagers"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

I agree that WickedHate needs help more than she needs to be chased out of forums and told to kill herself but man it feels like she's been playing that teenager card for a while now, like either she registered at age 13 or she's actually like 22 now and just hoping people keep writing off the awful things she posts as "ah well dumbass teenagers"

She may be 20/21 by now? I know around the time of her first ban she said 19 but I don't know how long ago that was.

The real question is why she hasn't just registered under a new name to put her rap sheet behind her

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Len posted:

She may be 20/21 by now? I know around the time of her first ban she said 19 but I don't know how long ago that was.

The real question is why she hasn't just registered under a new name to put her rap sheet behind her

because she craves attention in any form it will come to her

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

poptart_fairy posted:

FAU is terrified WickedHate will kill herself if she gets permaed, lol.

Like with those two dickheads in the IOSM thread that tried to downplay pedo poo poo due to "puritans", I wonder why this poo poo gets off so easy.

Wtf is this? Jesus perma already.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Don't people get banned when they die? Seems like you'd be skipping the middleman, way more efficient this way.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lone Goat posted:

Don't people get banned when they die?

Yep. Back in 2005 or so, two different people within about a month of each other faked their own deaths on the forums to get out of paying money they owed other people on SA-Mart.

Nowadays if somebody dies their account gets permabanned as a precautionary measure.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Instant Sunrise posted:

Yep. Back in 2005 or so, two different people within about a month of each other faked their own deaths on the forums to get out of paying money they owed other people on SA-Mart.

I totally misread this and thought they both faked their death because they owed money to each other.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

purple death ray posted:

I'm 20. I think I've occasionally mentioned being younger than most people on the forums when that sort of thing comes up but I don't think I've ever "played the teenager card". As far as I can recall, I've never asked that I be taken less seriously because of my age or anything like that.

Anyway, I want to comment on this because I feel like it's necessary given FactsAreUseless' comments which I've only just seen. Laying everything on the table here:

It's true that SA is pretty much my largest source of social interaction and I'd be pretty devastated if that was taken away. It's also a source of real, considerable stress when I feel like I'm not fitting in well enough or that too many people here don't like me. I try, I really do. Maybe I should just stick to posting exclusively in BSS, where I feel a bit more welcome.

But I also don't wanna be kept around with a sword hanging over my head just because people are afraid I might kill myself. It feels like cheating. If I should be permabanned, then just get it over with. I wish I could make things work but if that's just not working might as well rip the band aid off fast and mercy kill my account.

I'd appreciate FactsAreUseless or someone else giving me a heads up via PM or otherwise talking with me about it, but 'sup to them.

Len posted:

I've considered it but people would probably figure out it was me eventually anyway, even if I keep avoiding controversial poo poo like I've been trying to lately. I dunno. Maybe I will. :shrug:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
"Controversial" lmao

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Stop sexually objectifying children. You can print that out and stick it to your monitor for free.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's probably redundant to yet again say "I don't do that" but WHATEVER I'M OUT AGAIN LATOR GATORS :krad:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

FAU's alright in my book but this is like, the exact opposite of what a mod is supposed to be doing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I Said No posted:

FAU's alright in my book but this is like, the exact opposite of what a mod is supposed to be doing

FAU is pretty against suicide. What with telling people to go kill themselves being against the rules now.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Instant Sunrise posted:

Nowadays if somebody dies their account gets permabanned as a precautionary measure.

I'm pretty sure Vilerat's account is still active

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm pretty sure Vilerat's account is still active

His account is still a mod of D&D, it's a memorial.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Never tried suicide myself, so can't recommend it anyone, really.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Len posted:

FAU is pretty against suicide. What with telling people to go kill themselves being against the rules now.

didn't so much mean that as the part where they don't take action against someone making GBS threads the place up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Len posted:

I think that rule just sort of emerged forum by forum, actually. It's not actually a site-wide rule, a bunch of forums just adopted it because too many people were telling each other to kill themselves in the Pokemon Go thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I Said No posted:

didn't so much mean that as the part where they don't take action against someone making GBS threads the place up
The WickedHate thing precedes me, I actually just found out because someone PMed me about her and I asked some mods. I still don't think I'd seen her post until this thread. I trust the mods of the forums she posts in to make the right call. A bunch of people smell blood in the water or something, but I don't have a problem abiding by decisions that were made way before I became an admin.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Paladinus posted:

Suicide is bad and illegal so should not be recommended to people

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

The WickedHate thing precedes me, I actually just found out because someone PMed me about her and I asked some mods. I still don't think I'd seen her post until this thread. I trust the mods of the forums she posts in to make the right call. A bunch of people smell blood in the water or something, but I don't have a problem abiding by decisions that were made way before I became an admin.

Personally, I think permas should be issued to people with absolutely no chance of improving. People like Jonpop or Two Worlds who are just lost causes. Looking at her rap sheet, WH has shown at least a modicum of effort to post better. Her last being penalized for saying something lovely was in April (the rest have been just minor offenses), and a lot can change in over 6 months.

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

Kay Kessler posted:

Personally, I think permas should be issued to people with absolutely no chance of improving. People like Jonpop or Two Worlds who are just lost causes. Looking at her rap sheet, WH has shown at least a modicum of effort to post better. Her last being penalized for saying something lovely was in April (the rest have been just minor offenses), and a lot can change in over 6 months.

Counterpoint: pedophilia is bad

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yet TCC remains open...

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

WickedHate posted:

I should be permabanned, ... just get it over with.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Whoreax posted:

Counterpoint: pedophilia is bad

Yet ADTRW remains open...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Having spoken further to some of the mods since I made that QCS post, I should clarify: The "worried about suicide" thing was something I posted off the cuff, and I misremembered something I was told. The actual reason is pretty much identical to this post:

Kay Kessler posted:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kay Kessler posted:

Jon Pop will never get perma'd because Jon Pop is the only reason Lowtax has money

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jon Pop will never get perma'd because Jon Pop is the only reason Lowtax has money
I'm pretty sure he was perma'd a while ago.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

Having spoken further to some of the mods since I made that QCS post, I should clarify: The "worried about suicide" thing was something I posted off the cuff, and I misremembered something I was told. The actual reason is pretty much identical to this post:

A Good Poster.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Don't knock it till you've tried it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it's actually good, and it's legal in the UK

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Len posted:

Who in the thread is doing this

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

well, you still shouldn't do it

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

No its not, idiot

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

No its not, idiot
it is.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

It was pretty cool in the old days, when suicide meant you went straight to hell, but a murderer could be forgiven by god. so if you wanted to die & go to heaven, you went out and killed an innocent child (boom they go to heaven) and then confess before being hanged (boom you too go to heaven). rather smart!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

noooooooooo don't kill yourself, or other people (children or otherwise) those things are bad!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yeah I should say I think the rules are changed now so that trick doesn't work anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

yeah I should say I think the rules are changed now so that trick doesn't work anymore.
that's pro-life propaganda. i bet it's fine