Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

deadwing posted:

Guys I don't think I'll have enough time to finish all my Wii U games before the Switch comes out

If the WiiU thread got a proper end, this would be its final title change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

deadwing posted:

Guys I don't think I'll have enough time to finish all my Wii U games before the Switch comes out

I thought this thing had no games but it actually has too many!!

what are you playing?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bef posted:

Lol no. Idk how they drop the ball so hard when the last game was really good and the ground combat in X was sick on foot but they flushed everything down the toilet once you got a skell

they took everything charming about the first one, including the english VA and friendly Nopon treehouse and social link quest tree, and replaced it all with the worst story and characters imaginable, horrid Ubisoft-esque landmark quests, and jar jar binks aliens. somehow even the combat got worse with the needlessly complex Statuses they added, along with a dozen other stupid combo statuses that added extremely little.

I'd rather get a port of Kid Icarus Uprising so it's easier for most human beings to play it with twin sticks, as God intended.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Xenoblade Chronicles X was well on its way to be GOTY for me until I got into a skell and it just felt terrible.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lol if you dump your old systems when new ones come out and don't still get active use out of your NES, Gamecube, Dreamcast, or PS2

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

they took everything charming about the first one, including the english VA and friendly Nopon treehouse and social link quest tree, and replaced it all with the worst story and characters imaginable, horrid Ubisoft-esque landmark quests, and jar jar binks aliens. somehow even the combat got worse with the needlessly complex Statuses they added, along with a dozen other stupid combo statuses that added extremely little.

I'd rather get a port of Kid Icarus Uprising so it's easier for most human beings to play it with twin sticks, as God intended.

Twin sticks would be an absolutely horrible way of playing Kid Icarus Uprising, it wasn't designed with that scheme in mind and the touch screen was much less clumsy and stilted means of control, like, objectively

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Anyone who wants to play Kid Icarus: Uprising without using the touch screen to aim is insane

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Sam Faust posted:

what are you playing?

Color Splash, Deus Ex, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Captain Toad, Wooly World, Star Fox, quite a few eShop games

The Wii U is really good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I played kid icarus uprising with the touch screen and consequently have no desire to play it at all

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Anyone who wants to play Kid Icarus: Uprising without using the touch screen to aim is insane

maybe they should have put it on a wiiu gamepad where it made sense as opposed to a cramped tiny handheld where it pretty much shipped with a special stand just to play it comfortably

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does anyone still have miitomo installed? I need someone to send me two messages today so I can unlock some stuff before it expires tomorrow. And no one still "plays" this dumb app. I'll send you messages too!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I played kid icarus uprising with the touch screen and consequently have no desire to play it at all

turn your 3ds on

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

deadwing posted:

Color Splash, Deus Ex, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Captain Toad, Wooly World, Star Fox, quite a few eShop games

The Wii U is really good

:yeah:

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I think KI:U could work with Splatoon style motion controls. I think both games are at around the same levels of speed. Either way, I still liked KI:U controls.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'm gay, is the Switch for me?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

XyrlocShammypants posted:

yeah but it'll switch you to being straight

i'm straight and fully intend to embrace gayness when i get switched

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

https://vine.co/v/5wJbJLz3JA9

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The switch is for everyone.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The eShop just updated with a sale. It includes Splatoon.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 11, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
eshop coupons confirmed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sorry there is only a girl gamer button not a gay gamer button

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nintendo is bad and its why iwata is dead

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

This March, there will be no more tops or bottoms. Only Switches.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I thought switch dock was a power bottom

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

There will be lots of docking involved.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

VideoGames posted:

Now bend over and recieve your switchin....

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Unless you voted Trump.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cartoon Man posted:

Unless you voted Trump.

Then it is SUPER for you, just like America and probably the whole awful world.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cartoon Man posted:

Unless you voted Trump.

The Switch doesn't care about politics, it just wants everyone not have to sacrifice triple A graphics for gameplay innovation(or vice versa), both at home and on the go.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yeah, also Splatoon with motion aiming, I mean what the heck is this garbage

(actually, no you are wrong sorry haha it was just for a joke haha)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stux posted:

nintendo is bad and its why iwata is dead

didn't want to see it become the next sega :rip:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Cartoon Man posted:

Unless you voted Trump.

Actually I would imagine The Switch would be pretty popular with a bunch of Christians who suddenly decided pussy grabbing and adultery is cool, a bunch of cold war relics who suddenly decided Putin is awesome, and a bunch of Obama haters who suddenly decided inexperience and celebrity are insanely good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Switch doesn't care about politics, it just wants everyone not have to sacrifice triple A graphics for gameplay innovation(or vice versa), both at home and on the go.

lol

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Switch runs on AAA batteries, confirmed!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Would the individuals disrespecting Iwata and Nintendo please exit the thread?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I'll never figure out why they felt like they needed to change so much stuff in Xenoblade Chronicles X. They screwed with every single thing that should have been left alone

Spellman
May 31, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Would the individuals disrespecting Iwata and Nintendo please exit the thread?

earthbound haters are dismissed

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

some dumbbell called OBE1 or something is being picked up by niche sites like GoNintendo as someone saying there's a Metroid game coming out "but not to expect it being shown tomorrow" so I guess this affects loving 0 things.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Metroid Prime: Federation Force 2

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what time is the thing tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

:yeah:

I think KI:U could work with Splatoon style motion controls. I think both games are at around the same levels of speed. Either way, I still liked KI:U controls.

Yeah. It could've also worked as a wii game but really, precision aiming isn't too important to the game. And having no aim assist is always nice

whaley posted:

I'll never figure out why they felt like they needed to change so much stuff in Xenoblade Chronicles X. They screwed with every single thing that should have been left alone

I think the decision to add giant robots where once there were none worked out pretty okay

• Locked thread