Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
The sanctioned action is to edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Cryophage, you beautiful genius.

I'm definitely seeing the "projection" angle with Juggs, especially since, outside the context of being jammed into a suit of armor that is basically designed to torture its wearer, they resume having an identifiably human/feminine form if they don't invest constant effort in looking like a spike monster. And that's with millennia of living inside that torture armor under their belt.

Juggs might, ultimately, be what White Chain would look like if she chose a lifetime of repression and rage -- the super-nihilist culmination of the angels' philosophy, covered in sharp points, and desperate not to identify with the things they choose to tread underfoot.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I'm not going to pick nits before the actual pages happen, but it feels kind of weird for juggs to have a heart to heart with some rando that tried to kill him.

oh wait I just did

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

A big flaming stink posted:

I'm not going to pick nits before the actual pages happen, but it feels kind of weird for juggs to have a heart to heart with some rando that tried to kill him.

oh wait I just did

I mean, if you and your target agree that you can snuff them out easily, then who better to spill private feelings to? You get them out, and then once the other person is dead, you get twice the catharsis with none of the risk.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

A big flaming stink posted:

oh wait I just did

To be fair, she just got owned by White Chain, who's basically her idealistic opposite in terms of how she acts. Never mind the woman that can loving explode demon-angels just trashing her like it was no big deal.

For a bunch of what's basically misogynistic super beings that's gotta sting a bit. Especially with all the repression that's there. That last panel is not a happy face. Maybe her views just got shaken up a bit?

Also, Kill Six Billion Waifu's or not, this is actually entertaining to read. I didn't see the twist coming and yet it makes so much sense now that I go back and read earlier pages. Before I hit this page I figured Juggernaut was just your generic nihilist wannabe. Now though? It's evident that there's a lot of passive aggressiveness and seething resentment there with a layer of ridiculously over the top macho projection to cover it all up.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 11, 2017

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Juggs is my waifu and I love her

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I suspect that Juggs identifies as a genderless he but that's just totally denial.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Seems weird that a race of gaseous phenomenal magical immortals who can enter and discard manmade bodies apparently at will would have troubles with gender identity and body dysmorphia.

Like if you wanna be a wheel with tits I don't see the problem

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think it's more of social dysphoria. When you've got literally limitless possible self-representations, but you're expected to present as a certain gender, things could get weird.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
They're beings of an ancient and sometimes seemingly arbitrary law that is so thoroughly a part of them their shells break when they violate it. Of course they'd be stuck to outdated ideas and norms and have trouble breaking themselves out of them.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Motherfucker posted:

This is some next level poo poo.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
So the universe is somewhat Juggernaut Star-shaped. No wonder Juggs wants to destroy it. That'd drive me mad too.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The universe is actually an enormous version of Juggs and yet somehow contains only the same amount of contempt for all life forms indicating there is in fact an upper level on malevolence.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jan 11, 2017

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
no

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Mods please smite BravestOfTheLamps every time he posts Clevin-related "jokes" in this thread

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/819096373555400704

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
juggernaut star unicycles away. scene

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gorgeous

Edit:

SunAndSpring posted:

Mods please smite BravestOfTheLamps every time he posts Clevin-related "jokes" in this thread

Same, except replace "BravestOfTheLamps" with "SunAndSpring" and "posts Clevin-related 'jokes'" with "is a fun-hating stick in the mud".

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 11, 2017

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Motherfucker posted:

It's probably on the Nexus somewhere.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Same, except replace "BravestOfTheLamps" with "SunAndSpring" and "posts Clevin-related 'jokes'" with "is a fun-hating stick in the mud".

Give it a few hundred pages, one for every page of the comic. If there's one thing BOTL loves its running a gimmick into the ground.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Desperately trying to strike gold a second time

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That requires doing it first

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Who What Now posted:

99% of this thread's readers would prefer that a poo poo comic's poo poo characters are confined to its poo poo thread.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Should we allow for a character from a comic be edited into another comic? The great controversy rages on.

I hope Juggernaut Star will now see the light and renounce his villainous ways, symbolized by looking (even more) handsome from here on out :)

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Should we allow for a character from a comic be edited into another comic?
No

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Juggy has gone all Steven Universe on us. There will be singing next.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

99% of this thread's readers would prefer that a poo poo comic's poo poo characters are confined to its poo poo thread.
Yeah, this. It's already overdone.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

we already had a musical number, even

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
drunker than you~

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Jason Shiga's Kill Six Billion Ava's Demons Street

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Should we allow for a character from a comic be edited into another comic? The great controversy rages on.

I hope Juggernaut Star will now see the light and renounce his villainous ways, symbolized by looking (even more) handsome from here on out :)

If it makes goons rage then yes

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

drunker than you~

go ahead and split me if you're able...

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

And crying. And singing while crying.

Every drat time I hear about SU there's somebody weeping over some poo poo.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i want to see nand's ears again imo they are the star of the show

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i imagine him jingling with every step, much like my grandmother, so everyone in hell tries to take him seriously but they just can't take him seriously because DINGLE JINGLE DINGLE DING I LOVE BLONDES ding dong

e: also he's a cat so he shits in a hole and buries it

Avshalom fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 12, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
you all just leave me alone i'm too beautiful for this wretched earth.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah, this. It's already overdone.

Actually it's objectively good and funny.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Tollymain posted:

do you enjoy puns, deviants? in fact, i am somewhat of an expert. this page, for example, is especially subtle. exquisite. humans spend a lifetime to make puns like this. that is why i enjoy puns. a human poured their life into something so fragile. something so completely meaningless. i find it hilarious.

Disgustingly overshadowed by Cryophage's brilliance, but still worthy of attention. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Just a bunch of rowdy fight boys and girls, looking for a good punch up