Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

Where do you get purple scrap from, besides guild conquest rewards, which we probably aren't getting any time soon

I know google exists, but I can't tell what information is actually up to date anymore, nobody seems to be really maintaining information about this dead game anymore

Galactic Command can drop them too.

I'll have to see how much of the ship is unlocked and if the prices for Frameworks are the same. To fully unlock a guild ship (per initial Dulfy guide) takes a total of 54 Dark Projects. Dark Projects can now be made with 4 Exotic Isotope Equalizers (which are available on the Blue Jawa Scrap vendor) and 1 Invasion Force. If prices haven't changed, I think we have enough Invasion Forces in the guild bank and should be able to gather the needed blues to fully unlock the ship (we'd also need a bunch of credits).

Oedzi/Nipponophile, if you're still reading this at all, were you tracking what was already unlocked? I'm guessing not since I'm the Excel nerd in the group.

Edit - Eeek never mind, I read that wrong - 54 Frameworks is 2700 Dark Projects. Much tougher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Galactic Command can drop them too.

I'll have to see how much of the ship is unlocked and if the prices for Frameworks are the same. To fully unlock a guild ship (per initial Dulfy guide) takes a total of 54 Dark Projects. Dark Projects can now be made with 4 Exotic Isotope Equalizers (which are available on the Blue Jawa Scrap vendor) and 1 Invasion Force. If prices haven't changed, I think we have enough Invasion Forces in the guild bank and should be able to gather the needed blues to fully unlock the ship (we'd also need a bunch of credits).

Oedzi/Nipponophile, if you're still reading this at all, were you tracking what was already unlocked? I'm guessing not since I'm the Excel nerd in the group.

Edit - Eeek never mind, I read that wrong - 54 Frameworks is 2700 Dark Projects. Much tougher.

I can contribute some Invasion Forces. I'll be able to contribute more after the Trade Emporium/Titans of Industry conquests which I believe are February and March if I've read the schedule rightly. I'm kinda stockpiling to at least make personal conquest on my full roster with those.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If I actually get around to crafting them and I think of it, I can chuck my invasion forces in the guild bank too, if that would be helpful. Or, if they're just going to sit there and that would not be helpful, I can hang on to them and craft dark projects instead but the odds of me getting around to that is much lower than IFs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well I crunched some numbers on lunch (Because I spend all day with spreadsheets, why not do it on break as well).

Here's what we need to fully unlock the ship (in addition to what we have already, not counting the encryptions toward the Frameworks) -

14 Command Frameworks
8 Logistical Frameworks
6 Engineering Frameworks

40 Million credits (Good here, barely)

This would translate to 1,332 Dark Projects, which would require 1,332 Invasion Forces and 5,328 Exotic Isotopes from the Blue Jawa Junk vendors.

Looking at the cost of buying the items off the GTN, we could spend 406 million credits to buy them as well!

So I think the only way we're really going to unlock stuff is by doing Conquest again, which would require much more guild participation than we currently have. :(

On the other hand, this does mean that Dark Projects might hold value and be a good seller on the GTN for anyone who wants to make them. :)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

Well I crunched some numbers on lunch (Because I spend all day with spreadsheets, why not do it on break as well).

Here's what we need to fully unlock the ship (in addition to what we have already, not counting the encryptions toward the Frameworks) -

14 Command Frameworks
8 Logistical Frameworks
6 Engineering Frameworks

40 Million credits (Good here, barely)

This would translate to 1,332 Dark Projects, which would require 1,332 Invasion Forces and 5,328 Exotic Isotopes from the Blue Jawa Junk vendors.

Looking at the cost of buying the items off the GTN, we could spend 406 million credits to buy them as well!

So I think the only way we're really going to unlock stuff is by doing Conquest again, which would require much more guild participation than we currently have. :(

On the other hand, this does mean that Dark Projects might hold value and be a good seller on the GTN for anyone who wants to make them. :)

Hmm.. Well, once I get the remaining starship decorations I'm looking at, I'll really have no use for Dark Projects (until something changes) so other than selling them, I can easily chuck whatever I make into the guild bank. Credits...so far I'm just building up for some pricey armor sets and after that once I rebuild my credits nest egg, I can throw some credits to the guild. As far as Conquest goes, reading over the events, the only ones I know I'll be able to contribute decently to is the crafting ones, so that leaves me the Trade Emporium and Titans of Industry.

Equally while I know these numbers are for the Imperial guild, I can also see what I can throw for the Republic guild too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Republic guild ship is completely locked. We just bought it to have a ship so we could look for pug raids while chilling out. Not worth even attempting to unlock it.

Credits are fine since we're not raiding so no one can take credits out of the vault.

Now, something we DO need is a few people with a strong desire to decorate. Despite our ship being halfway unlocked there are very few rooms "seriously" decorated. Is there anyone who is willing to work on that? Not just throwing crap down, but actually putting effort into it?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm sure I can come up with something if you want to unleash me on one of the decks.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Aleth posted:

I'm sure I can come up with something if you want to unleash me on one of the decks.

I'd love to be turned loose in decorating as well. Kinda funny since I was never big on playing with dollhouses as a kid but I never get tired of decorating my stuff in MMOs.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'd love to be turned loose in decorating as well. Kinda funny since I was never big on playing with dollhouses as a kid but I never get tired of decorating my stuff in MMOs.

Gave a gold key to at least one of each of you guys.

Speaking of which, Bioware please make giving keys easier. There's a broken search feature (You'll see it nice and grayed out) and the Key Holders are in no discernable order.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems to be in order of best to worst but best starts at the #5 spot for some reason.

Odd.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

It seems to be in order of best to worst but best starts at the #5 spot for some reason.

Odd.

And it misspelled my name!

For the ship--is it possible to add crew skill trainers to it, or are those not available/prohibitively expensive? Doing that would go one step further to making the guild ship a one-stop shop for all the miscellaneous housekeeping things you have to do on your characters, and save me the grueling effort of having to press the "go to fleet" button just down the hall

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Speaking of which, Bioware please make giving keys easier. There's a broken search feature (You'll see it nice and grayed out) and the Key Holders are in no discernable order.

If the UI guy still reads this thread then also please make traveling to Strongholds hotkey-able.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

And it misspelled my name!

For the ship--is it possible to add crew skill trainers to it, or are those not available/prohibitively expensive? Doing that would go one step further to making the guild ship a one-stop shop for all the miscellaneous housekeeping things you have to do on your characters, and save me the grueling effort of having to press the "go to fleet" button just down the hall

Nope. No trainers, no training dummies, no terminals for missions.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

If the UI guy still reads this thread then also please make traveling to Strongholds hotkey-able.

But that would make World PvP much less fun, people could instantly teleport when you attack them and hahahahahah couldn't even keep a straight face on that one there is no world PvP.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
We've already hit the current 600 decoration limit with what we were doing on the crew deck so unless we cut back elsewhere it'll have to do for now. I bought a bunch more decorations and got most of the Sith office done down there at least.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hi, I'm here. No, I hadn't been tracking anything because, as you've since discovered, it's a matter of a few seconds to run around and see what's still locked.

Medullah posted:

See??? I've complained about that every time I had to give someone a key. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I knew it would waste about thirty minutes of my time for no reason. If it helps any (IT DOESN'T), the order seems to be the order in which the character joined the guild. Hence why no one will recognize any of the names on that first page you posted. I mean, I guess you could cross-reference with your spreadsheet of guild members sorted by tenure. You've got one of those, right?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nipponophile posted:

Hi, I'm here. No, I hadn't been tracking anything because, as you've since discovered, it's a matter of a few seconds to run around and see what's still locked.

See??? I've complained about that every time I had to give someone a key. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I knew it would waste about thirty minutes of my time for no reason. If it helps any (IT DOESN'T), the order seems to be the order in which the character joined the guild. Hence why no one will recognize any of the names on that first page you posted. I mean, I guess you could cross-reference with your spreadsheet of guild members sorted by tenure. You've got one of those, right?

This post has too much sodium and may negatively impact your blood pressure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Nope, just a list of people that I add to ignore every time I make a new character.

I don't think that's the order though, I thought it might be but then I have DvL characters on before my older characters.

Everybody's up bitching about no new raids and here I am just wishing they'd fix/enhance some interface stuff. AND GIVE ME WEAPON DESIGNER SO I CAN USE NON-ENTITY'S BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Nope, just a list of people that I add to ignore every time I make a new character.

Haha what does someone have to do to get on the perma-Ignore list?

quote:

Everybody's up bitching about no new raids and here I am just wishing they'd fix/enhance some interface stuff. AND GIVE ME WEAPON DESIGNER SO I CAN USE NON-ENTITY'S BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS!

Rollin on my new Peacemaker Dualsaber equipped Sin as we speak.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

This post has too much sodium and may negatively impact your blood pressure.

Oh, it's just too precious how you think that's me actually getting mad about the game. Seriously, you're adorable.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Haha what does someone have to do to get on the perma-Ignore list?

General idiocy, not space barring on Black Talon, the unforgivable.

Rollin on my new Peacemaker Dualsaber equipped Sin as we speak.

Yeah now that you can craft stuff that is close to "intro" endgame I will likely man up and use some nice weapons. My Assassin tank has Senya's Pike rocking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, someone on Reddit was saying that Tanks should be using Lethal Mods now, because anything above ~1500 defense is completely wasted and the increased DPS from added power is far more valuable than wasted defense.

That seems very hokey to me, but I haven't endgame mathed much. The main stat guy on the official forums doesn't seem to agree, but a few people chimed in and agreed.

What do you think?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hey DrunkenGarbageCan, someone on Reddit was saying that Tanks should be using Lethal Mods now, because anything above ~1500 defense is completely wasted and the increased DPS from added power is far more valuable than wasted defense.

That seems very hokey to me, but I haven't endgame mathed much. The main stat guy on the official forums doesn't seem to agree, but a few people chimed in and agreed.

What do you think?

Man I haven't Tanked anything since 3.0.

If this is PvP I wouldn't use any Tank mods/enhancements except in your shield, use high endurance DPS mods/enhancements and Tank armorings.

If this is PvE I'd say you're worried about a very distant point and are basically talking about doing more damage vs taking more damage which would be a question for your raid leader and/or healers. Doing more damage may be moot if the healers are using more GCD's to keep you alive and thus lowering their off-DPS for example. If this isn't a formal setting I'd try the DPS mods and make sure you've got mechanics/DCD use down. If you feel squishy add in Tank mods until you don't.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

OK who here wants to raid? Imp or pub side IDC Lets do a thing and see how it goes

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nonentity posted:

Catch me in game sometime, I may have an extra.

I'm usually on discord, let's do spacelunch.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Noted ;-*

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

General idiocy, not space barring on Black Talon, the unforgivable.

I bet they let that stupid twilek in the prison on NS who has the old ravage animation live, too, the bastards. :argh:

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

McSpanky posted:

I'm usually on discord, let's do spacelunch.

Looks like I have an extra Senya Saber, not the pike. I'll see what I can do.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I don't think that's the order though, I thought it might be but then I have DvL characters on before my older characters.

When and if you do do the weapon designer, I'd love it if you could let it look like commandos are using a blaster rifle instead of their normal weapon. I like commando but I think the assault cannons look dumb.

Would also be cool if you could use a single blaster on Gunslingers and Mercs but I imagine there could be problems with missing animations for that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

When and if you do do the weapon designer, I'd love it if you could let it look like commandos are using a blaster rifle instead of their normal weapon. I like commando but I think the assault cannons look dumb.

Would also be cool if you could use a single blaster on Gunslingers and Mercs but I imagine there could be problems with missing animations for that.

I think I've told you before, but you can pretty safely use a blaster rifle on a Commando and not take TOO big of a hit depending on the spec you're running. :) Snipers can actually do all of their rotation with just a rifle if you prefer, just take a minor damage hit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I think I've told you before, but you can pretty safely use a blaster rifle on a Commando and not take TOO big of a hit depending on the spec you're running. :) Snipers can actually do all of their rotation with just a rifle if you prefer, just take a minor damage hit.

Oh I know, and I totally played my commando that way when I leveled one and never had a problem. But if you show up to a raid or a PVP match or something like that, you're gonna get laughed out, and I'm far too delicate for that kind of thing

I tried to see if I could set up my merc to play with a single pistol instead of two, but it looks like mercs can't wield generators, so I'd have to do it with the offhand slot completely empty, which would be way too much of a chore.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
What should I grind to with the intent to raid? Sniper, Pyrotech PT, or some kind of glowbat swinging thing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

whatspeakyou posted:

What should I grind to with the intent to raid? Sniper, Pyrotech PT, or some kind of glowbat swinging thing?

Every class is viable in most of the raids, so you'll be best off playing a class you enjoy.

If you're planning on joining a hardcore, nightmare raiding group then Deception Assassin, Snipers and Mercs are the flavors of the month. This could always change (and likely will as assassin is bugged right now, gaining double benefits from their charge)

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Didn't Operatives used to be able to take cover? Did they remove that?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

paint dry posted:

They did.

No fun allowed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

paint dry posted:

They did a big purge of moves in the latest expansion. Many people complained that the game has massive ability bloat, so they went through and removed moves from classes that weren't meant to be used in that spec, Generally moves that were granted to the base class but were only meant to be used in one Advanced Class - Examples are Cover for Smugglers/Operatives, Rocket Punch/Stockstrike for Mercenaries/Commandos, Shiv/Blaster Whip for Snipers/Gunslingers, Flamethrower from Mercenaries/Commandos, etc.

So sadly this means that those of us that liked to do stylish finishes occasionally with a Rocket Uppercut or a Stab don't get to do that anymore.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

They did a big purge of moves in the latest expansion. Many people complained that the game has massive ability bloat, so they went through and removed moves from classes that weren't meant to be used in that spec, Generally moves that were granted to the base class but were only meant to be used in one Advanced Class - Examples are Cover for Smugglers/Operatives, Rocket Punch/Stockstrike for Mercenaries/Commandos, Shiv/Blaster Whip for Snipers/Gunslingers, Flamethrower from Mercenaries/Commandos, etc.

So sadly this means that those of us that liked to do stylish finishes occasionally with a Rocket Uppercut or a Stab don't get to do that anymore.

I really liked hitting people in the face with my assault cannon. :sigh:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
luckily as a juggernaut I still have force choke for my style finish

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

luckily as a juggernaut I still have force choke for my style finish

I just realized this week that force choke is the sith warrior's hard 4 second stun. I never thought of it that way because I think of stuns as powerful abilities you should save for the moments you need to use them whereas force choke is a cool and awesome ability you should use all the time

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Always be choking/backhanding the gently caress out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

tfw you get absolutely crushed in pvp but you still count it as a win because you were the highest ranked player on your terrible team

• Locked thread