Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Stance 2.0

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gymkhhurba

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If that's an actual course, that's a poo poo layout.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some kind of organization sticker on the door and the driver is wearing a helmet, so odds are it isn't some 18 year old pretending to be Ken Block.

Well, it might still be an 18 year old, but he's not sneaking onto a warehouse parking lot after 5pm.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Not every parking lot is good for autocross.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Not every parking lot is good for autocross.
Not with that attitude, at least. :colbert:

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

DIY hover conversion?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Where we're going we don't need roads.. but we could use a tow truck.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

It's always a Subaru

https://youtu.be/nN-koSuAHK8?t=38s

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Except when it's a 240sx or mustang.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I don't ever recall seeing a Silvia or Skyline hit a curb like that - which is surprising given how many I've seen hit trees, poles and fences. The Mustangs that exist in my part of the world are relatively expensive vehicles and never driven like that.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

dissss posted:

I don't ever recall seeing a Silvia or Skyline hit a curb like that - which is surprising given how many I've seen hit trees, poles and fences. The Mustangs that exist in my part of the world are relatively expensive vehicles and never driven like that.

Agreed I never see mustangs trying any of that fancy stuff , they're mostly just the ones revving their engines in a mcdonalds parking lot at 2am or racing anything with 4 cylinders and a pulse

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

dissss posted:

I don't ever recall seeing a Silvia or Skyline hit a curb like that

There are getting so few of them now that there are no cheap ones for people to destroy drifting :v:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

dissss posted:

There are no bystanders in that clip.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

There are no bystanders in that clip.

Not anymore; The Mustangs had just come through a few moments ago.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

What moron set up that course?

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

NoWake posted:

I imagine I'd grabbed these from way earlier in the thread, like a few years back, but they're worth re-posting:

wrong thread

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
How about this guy then:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

You read my mind!

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

MrYenko posted:

Not anymore; The Mustangs had just come through a few moments ago.

This guy gets it. Welcome to Houston, now clear the fuckin area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAq6_4wCD6Y

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BloodBag posted:

This guy gets it. Welcome to Houston, now clear the fuckin area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAq6_4wCD6Y

Was that a police ID the dude was showing at the end there? Probably a good thing if it was, because that dude who picked his kid up at the end there was pretty big, and had some decent justification for kicking the crap out of 'stang-douche.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Memento posted:

Was that a police ID the dude was showing at the end there? Probably a good thing if it was, because that dude who picked his kid up at the end there was pretty big, and had some decent justification for kicking the crap out of 'stang-douche.

It looks like the FOP wallet police buy for their relatives that says "my 3rd cousin is a cop" that people think will get them out of tickets but won't really do anything.

edit:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

glynnenstein posted:

It looks like the FOP wallet police buy for their relatives that says "my 3rd cousin is a cop" that people think will get them out of tickets but won't really do anything.

edit:

I'm surprised you don't get done for impersonating a LEO with that

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It wouldn't be impersonating a cop, it specifically says YOU are not a cop, just related.

As far as the wallet in the video, it could be anything since the video is so blurry, although IMO opinion after rewatching a pausing a few times I don't think it really looked like a badge. On the other hand, I cant think of anything that someone would flash to a crowd at the scene of an accident.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

TotalLossBrain posted:

How about this guy then:

TypicalRangerOwner.jpg

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Crotch Fruit posted:

It wouldn't be impersonating a cop, it specifically says YOU are not a cop, just related.

How is that badge even a thing?

Who in the world would care if someone is related to a cop? Who would not react with fits of laughter and mocking if someone pulled that badge out on them?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Gorilla Salad posted:

Who in the world would care if someone is related to a cop?

Other cops.

Its actually fairly common for law enforcement officers to distribute "courtesy cards" to friends and family members to use to get out of minor traffic violations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The get out of jail free cards I could see, NYC for instance every second car has an NYPD sticker on the windshield, but there is no way you wouldn't get jacked up for trying to carry ylthat badge around and use it

Impersonation could be saying 'I'm a cop now sick my dick' or it could be the public believing you are a cop based on your actions, such as flashing a fake rear end badge to get people to follow your direction

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah exactly. The badge could say "NOT A COP" but if you flash it around with the intent of deceiving someone you're still likely to get in some poo poo.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Agreed, completely and utterly retarded.

The only scenario I can think of where it might actually help is if an officer who pulled you over notices your wallet has a badge in it and asks about it, opening a dialog for you to tell him your relative is a law enforcement officer.

But why not just offer that information by saying "my [relative] is a cop and said if I was ever stopped..." instead of buying a stupid gimmick fake badge wallet?

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

you're still likely to get in some poo poo.

The Adventures of Special Agent Family Member.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Yeah exactly. The badge could say "NOT A COP" but if you flash it around with the intent of deceiving someone you're still likely to get in some poo poo.

The general public isn't that perceptive to start with , for the most part

The thing is here in Canada the uniforms have to try and look the least cop like possible , with big flashing neon signs that say security across them , and people still mistake security for cops a lot

Same thing with dudes that buy ex cop cars and keep the antenna whip on the trunk, they know the other people on the road will let them get away with all sorts of poo poo while they pretend to type away on their invisible dash mounted laptop

Actual reminds me I saw one of those once , dude had his crown vic with the push bar, inside I could see an iPad mounted to his dash, a couple veterans stickers on the bumper. I go inside to the Starbucks and spot him at his laptop looking like he came out of a 5.11 magazine ad, decked out like a contractor and morale patches allover his laptop bag

I effort typed way too much

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Posted on reddit as "Drumroll, please..."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/comments/5ns9pd/drumroll_please/

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I bet that made a noise.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

I bet that made a noise.

Yeah, and then it got hit by a brake drum.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

If you tried to use a wallet like that to represent yourself as an actual cop you absolutely would, in certain circumstances. If that is what the dude in that video was indeed doing and there was an actual cop there to see it, he'd probably just get yelled at.

In theory these things exist as a more elegant way to segue into a conversation that doesn't involve someone just straight up saying "please let me go because of this dumb reason." It probably works for old ladies whose children are police, but it is going to depend a lot on department culture and even more on individual officers. For example, I've heard other cops describe the Virginia State Police as "willing to give their dead grandmothers speeding tickets."

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Noooo, the poor R107 :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You Am I posted:

Noooo, the poor R107 :(

deserved it for the plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So my buddy Jon has a WRX wagon that has had its share of tragedy in its life.

First, its original humble 5-speed was kinda loud so it got swapped.
Then, its humble EJ205 engine became a Jehovah's Witness.
Just to rub it in, its newer 5-speed ate second and then got wedged in gear.
They threw in a 6-speed in a thrashy parkade swap, and everything was fine. Well, at least until the engine started knocking even worse than before. HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBIqyhhmIe8

So let's get started tearing it down. It was quickly determined that the noise changed when the clutch was depressed. That's weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otzz28xftZk

OK, let's yank the motor and take a look at that there pilot bearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOdPs5rjjs

OK, it's hosed. But why?

Maybe it's because the flywheel bolts are finger tight.

Seems like with the loosened flywheel bolts, Mr. Flywheel, who is generally known as a large heavy object that spins around a lot, decided he wanted to spin around a little bit more than he should have been able to. This phenomenon formed the core of what I believe is the most expensive and heaviest Spirograph to date.

At least the clutch is OK. The TOB, however, is a little oblong.

This is why you use loctite on flywheel bolts, everyone.