Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Maybe take a step back and realise all problems can not be solved by dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

kustomkarkommando posted:

I'm hosed

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

kustomkarkommando posted:

when all you have is a dog...

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gin and Juche posted:

Apparently you've never run manning at a regional franchise

"hey he just ate 200 mcnuggets it's dead there drive to the nearest location they are kinda swamped"

speaking of poor foodservice management

a couple years ago i went to pick up some chicken for a birthday party at this place called smithfields that has okay fried chicken and very mediocre bbq

they were completely out of chicken, on a sunday afternoon, in the south. and it's a chain, not one of those places that just closes when they run out of food for the day

how do you not prepare for such a thing

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

when all you have is a dog...

get a rock

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
so i head over to bojos and the daytime manager's on the register and of course they have ample chicken despite doing brisk business

as i'm paying i tell him what happened earlier and he laughs

i feel this is a metaphor for the combined hubris and incompetence of the clinton campaign

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i remember driving through blythe, ca once and stopping at a kfc they were out of chicken

one time i went to a taco bell out of, apparently, tacos (???) in both cases i imagine someone royally hosed up

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

i remember driving through blythe, ca once and stopping at a kfc they were out of chicken

one time i went to a taco bell out of, apparently, tacos (???) in both cases i imagine someone royally hosed up

inland empire

more like inland emdire

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Muppets On PCP posted:

speaking of poor foodservice management

a couple years ago i went to pick up some chicken for a birthday party at this place called smithfields that has okay fried chicken and very mediocre bbq

they were completely out of chicken, on a sunday afternoon, in the south. and it's a chain, not one of those places that just closes when they run out of food for the day

how do you not prepare for such a thing

could very easily be:

a manager was hung over and hosed up his weekly inventory
a manager was lazy and used last weeks projection without taking into account the better weather forecast and the nearby street fair that weekend
they cheaped out and contracted with a flaky supplier who shorted them on their order (a hungover manager probably also failed to verify the order with the invoice)
a meth head pantry runner decided that balancing five hotel pans of marinating chicken at once was an expedient and good option
a line cook started arguing with a server over who was cheating with who with which employee and the chicken in two industrial deep fryers meant for the next fifteen minutes burned to a crisp
general spiritual malaise and incompetence, followed by the strong conviction that it's someone else's responsibility to solve this problem

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

to clarify that taco bell was not in blythe, ca also

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

One pet is enough

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

don't want it to seem like i'm sharing dishonest stories about blythe, ca is all

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

could very easily be:

a manager was hung over and hosed up his weekly inventory
a manager was lazy and used last weeks projection without taking into account the better weather forecast and the nearby street fair that weekend
they cheaped out and contracted with a flaky supplier who shorted them on their order (a hungover manager probably also failed to verify the order with the invoice)
a meth head pantry runner decided that balancing five hotel pans of marinating chicken at once was an expedient and good option
a line cook started arguing with a server over who was cheating with who with which employee and the chicken in two industrial deep fryers meant for the next fifteen minutes burned to a crisp
general spiritual malaise and incompetence, followed by the strong conviction that it's someone else's responsibility to solve this problem

Oh god flashbacks

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

So I implore you, celebrities and satirists and entertainers of all stripes: mock this man. Criticize him with your every breath. Humiliate him from your studios, your awards stages, your magazine pages. Deny him the respect he not only desires, but requires. The very fate of our nation may depend on it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

tbh celebrities and tv people are probably the people donald trump craves the respect of more than any heads of state or voting populace

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
these early 90s west coast rap brand grapes are pretty good 8/10

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Berke Negri posted:

tbh celebrities and tv people are probably the people donald trump craves the respect of more than any heads of state or voting populace

No wonder they asked for moby

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Higsian's post was super dumb and bad but I think the response is gonna make us look cabalish

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tesseraction posted:

Higsian's post was super dumb and bad but I think the response is gonna make us look cabalish

someone made a bad post? let me in on the gang stalking cabal action

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

but dadchat thread is a cabal

:confused:

have you not been getting your soros checks

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

someone made a bad post? let me in on the gang stalking cabal action

culture thread whining about a sixxer on someone calling km's brain 'race-addled'

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

dadchat has always been open to the public

there is definitely no hidden secrets buried here

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Berke Negri posted:

👀

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

there is nothing at the bottom of the lake, just stop snooping into people's business

zoux just moved away years ago is all

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tesseraction posted:

culture thread whining about a sixxer on someone calling km's brain 'race-addled'

whooooooooo boy....

Berke Negri posted:

said the man cruising around in a windowless van with "slack chat" written on the side

you won't be turning me into a reptilian pod person

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

it's called an uberPOOL, thanks

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

just finished tyranny

good game

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Berke Negri posted:

it's called an uberPOOL, thanks

what's the difference between uberpool and the vanpools run by local transportation agencies?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Tesseraction posted:

every day i think about what if dale had just turned left.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

V. Illych L. posted:

just finished tyranny

good game

is it really worth it? poe was okay, but i ended feeling like it was kind of shallow

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

what's the difference between uberpool and the vanpools run by local transportation agencies?

with the latter you miss out on the opportunity to give money to idiots who live in silicon valley

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Tesseraction posted:

well we've been saying d&d has been filling up with racists for months now

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

uberPOOL is just uberx but if someone pings for a ride on the way to your destination your driver has to go and pick them up before you can get to your stop

which the owner of uber gamed out "wouldnt it be great, if we had like, uber pool, but large occupancy vehicles, that operated on fixed routes to get people to where they need to be at lower fares?" to which everyone told him "you're describing a bus system"

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

is it really worth it? poe was okay, but i ended feeling like it was kind of shallow

It's pretty good. It's a lot more focused than PoE is, I feel, and the writing is some solid stuff. The combat's improved (but still not amazing), and the ending is anticlimactic af, but some stuff definitely feels more well realized and some of the moral aspects of the world has a lot of depth to it

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

im like halfway through PoE right now and enjoying it but im also a cipher which is apparently broken af

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Oh, also you can rules lawyer your way into eating a baby

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Chelb posted:

Oh, also you can rules lawyer your way into eating a baby

sounds like a good time

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

with the latter you miss out on the opportunity to give money to idiots who live in silicon valley

i instinctively distrust uber because it's mission seems anathema to all of my beliefs, but the only times i've ever used it i was blackout drunk and someone else ordered it, so i'm open to the possibility of me missing its utility

Berke Negri posted:

uberPOOL is just uberx but if someone pings for a ride on the way to your destination your driver has to go and pick them up before you can get to your stop

which the owner of uber gamed out "wouldnt it be great, if we had like, uber pool, but large occupancy vehicles, that operated on fixed routes to get people to where they need to be at lower fares?" to which everyone told him "you're describing a bus system"

i think a white people only bus system would have a broad appeal to many current non-riders

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i don't think just white people take uber at all, if anything the opposite, but you're right that there's some historical precedent for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

im like halfway through PoE right now and enjoying it but im also a cipher which is apparently broken af

it was kind of tedious imo

• Locked thread