Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Probably just you fulfilling the conditions for early Big Bandit spawn (open all chests and rad cans with minimal/no kills)

ooo did not know that. thx

oddium posted:

that's how you loop yeah. yv fact: if you hit level ultra during 7-3 you'll skip throne ii

this game is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

White Genocide posted:

ooo did not know that. thx

this game is nuts.

As a heads up if you do early big bandit it skips you to a underwater level and then directly to 3-3 which makes it really hard because the drops you get are still on the normal scaling. I tried using that path for a while to just attempt the throne but i was unwittingly making things a pain for myself until somebody corrected me (I think it was oddium)

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

As a heads up if you do early big bandit it skips you to a underwater level and then directly to 3-3 which makes it really hard because the drops you get are still on the normal scaling. I tried using that path for a while to just attempt the throne but i was unwittingly making things a pain for myself until somebody corrected me (I think it was oddium)

Only if you kill big bandit in under 10 seconds, otherwise it's 2-1

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

i actually remembered you saying you were using a shorter route at one point. good to know its actually a toughie. i didn't get that underwater level. i still get the tmnt side sewer level sometimes which is still funny.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

as far as I can tell the TMNT level is absolutely worth it because it means you get better gun drops, since you've been through an extra stage, and also it's usually full of free healing. Is the big bandit shortcut worth it or will the weapon drop thing mean you get lovely weapons in the later stages

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

well you're not going to get better playing less levels with less enemies

hit the sewers hit every vault hit the cursed caves :twisted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'll hit your dad with my nuts and balls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qnqnx posted:

Only if you kill big bandit in under 10 seconds, otherwise it's 2-1

Yeah I was just running steroids with golden shotgun and pwning it

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

oddium posted:

well you're not going to get better playing less levels with less enemies

hit the sewers hit every vault hit the cursed caves :twisted:

once got to the cursed caves and..jfc. laser crystals everywhere... and then i accidentally ate a cursed gun as robot and insta-died.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cursed caves are rear end.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i usually never get anything good from the cursed caves but i'm pretty sure it's more rads and if you have a sledgehammer or a./g. slugger it's not too hard

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

cursed caves with crown of blood, pluto, long arms, trigger fingers, scarier face, and a shovel is :discourse:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

holy poo poo the ninja turtles say the colours of their headbands when you kill tyhem

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

White Genocide posted:

i defeated the throne having blown up all 4 generators and i teleported to throne II (??) fight on a broken stone floating in space. i was playing as yv. no idea what i did. do you have to do that ever time to loop??
when you loop, all the transition levels get bosses. throne 2 is just the first of them. fun fact: the fight actually takes place in the campfire area from the character select screen.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

holy poo poo the ninja turtles say the colours of their headbands when you kill tyhem

I love there's just a regular rat enemy in there with them, Splinter is important :kimchi:

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

EvilMike posted:

when you loop, all the transition levels get bosses. throne 2 is just the first of them. fun fact: the fight actually takes place in the campfire area from the character select screen.

terrifying! and interesting!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just beat the cursed crystal caves on my first ever visit which is cool but uh what's the point in going there

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just beat the cursed crystal caves on my first ever visit which is cool but uh what's the point in going there

big cursed weapon chest + lots of rads + dat music

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

to get your rear end murdered by splitting spiders and instant death teleport crystals
i actually feel accomplished as gently caress every time i beat the cursed caves because i die more often than i don't if i end up there

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The cursed cave has the guaranteed chest and way more enemies than normal which is both good and bad. If you have a really strong weapon like a seeker shotgun or a lightning rifle you can take it easy and maybe make ultra before throne

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i havent played in over a year, but to me looping is easy. its pretty much a given on any run unless i get bad drops or play especially poorly. seems like its just a lot of noobs in this thread

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
one concession that i will admit is that i usually die immediately upon looping. theres just too many bad guys

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

rediscover posted:

i havent played in over a year, but to me looping is easy. its pretty much a given on any run unless i get bad drops or play especially poorly. seems like its just a lot of noobs in this thread

which character?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
speaking of the cursed cave, if you play as steroids and the portal spawns on the big cursed chest the game crashes! Been a known issue for quite a while now I guess.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My last run had a scrapyard with like eight snipers all grouped into a single little area and I shot one and they all exploded and it was really satisfying

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

which character?

i liked fish and steroids

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I always get killed using Fish's special

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I looped for the first time and was immediately flattened by an interdimensional garbage truck. I hit level Ultra but never got to pick a mutation :(

I Said No
May 21, 2007

there is little worse in nuclear throne than hearing WOOOOOOOP BZZ BZZ and not being able to see where the sparkly poo poo is

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lab with impact fists is so fun

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

which character?

always yv except sometimes horror or steroids. fish is cool because of the guitar and potential gun warrant/trigger fingers tomfoolery i guess

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

always yv

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

always yv except sometimes horror or steroids. fish is cool because of the guitar and potential gun warrant/trigger fingers tomfoolery i guess
Horror is my least favorite character, how do I make use of the beam? I never know when to actually use it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm not really a horror expert but the beam destroys projectiles and charges proto statues and with throne butt it heals him. so preloop for visiting vaults/anti lil hunter/i guess going hog wild on rad dogs because i hate rad dogs and it saves ammo

later in the game when you the only thing you need rads for are ultra weapons the healing and bullet destruction is very helpful

BUT the extra mutation choice every level is super good and his ultra mutation anomaly tends to spawn portals before idpd vans and if the level portal is spawned the vans won't (you can see this early in a loop when the l1 1-2 portal breaks pretty much right away and the van sirens wail but nothing comes)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Finally got past Lil Hunter as Melting. Didn't manage to win, but feels good.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The weekly seems completely insane

I Said No
May 21, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

The weekly seems completely insane

what the gently caress :stare:
it's melting with crown of explosions, armed with a blood hammer
is that even randomly generated, that's about as sadistic as you can get

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i don't think they're randomly generated, some community guy seeds them

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm in the top ten of the daily list right now. Whenever all the crazy 10 loop people finish I'll probably be jettisoned to 170 or something but it's a good feeling for now.

• Locked thread