Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 2 Corpse Candles and 2 Silent Ones from Malifaux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

counterspin posted:

I, counterspin, oath to paint Barnabus(PP, Minions) for January

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Jomsviking Chieftain and two Jomsvikings from Gripping Beast and ten Frostgrave barbarians from Osprey Games. Everything is 28mm.

The chieftains base is a different colour because it is unprimed pumice and stone. I updated the way I make bases and got him done before I had the workflow down.

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 2 Corpse Candles and 2 Silent Ones from Malifaux

Approved!

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah with Krushgroove still being held by those Somali pirates, and the already dismal performance of the Foreign Office in the affair now being weighed down by Boris, there hasn't been a lot of progress with the prizes, sponsor follow ups, and blog, and we've had to change judges midstream too. Zark is almost the only reason the season is even still running.

I try :)

Reminds me, no-one reported anything wrong with the galleries so I assume it's safe to send them to the Judges and get the next few set up, I'll try get on that this weekend.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

I try :)

Reminds me, no-one reported anything wrong with the galleries so I assume it's safe to send them to the Judges and get the next few set up, I'll try get on that this weekend.

Where do we check the galleries? If KG is away this posts don't get updated.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath one Hordes Circle Ouroboros Winter Argus by Privateer Press

Late to the oath this month due to traveling and holidays, hopefully I can still knock this out.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath Discordia (Privateer Press, 50mm) for January. Gonna try white for the technical challenge so I'm looking forward to my first failure.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Zark posts them when he makes them, so just look through his posts.

Edit: I dug out the link https://m.imgur.com/account/saoathgalleries/albums that was a mobile link. Use Zark's link.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 12, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

2 options:

* Every now and again I'll make a post saying something along the lines of 'X gallery is up, go check it', you can use the ? button next to my post to find these.
* The better option is to go to https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/ and see all the galleries so far for this season. (this should work in case Hobo's link doesn't)

Note Imgur makes it a pain to actually find these links by navigating around, and sometimes the pictures aren't in order because they were dumb and removed the 'sort by original filename' feature on galleries.

It may be an idea to cast Summon: Mod and get the link edited into the OP sometime if KG has disappeared (not heard from him in a while).

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one Hordes Circle Ouroboros Winter Argus by Privateer Press

Late to the oath this month due to traveling and holidays, hopefully I can still knock this out.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath Discordia (Privateer Press, 50mm) for January. Gonna try white for the technical challenge so I'm looking forward to my first failure.

Approved!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I, Liquid Communism, Oath that I will paint this Khador Decimator Warjack (Privateer Press, 50mm) for January.

I was gonna snow-base it anyway, might as well add some motivation. First mini I've painted this century, so probably gonna gently caress it up pretty spectacularly. :v:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Honour, Flint and Brick from Guild Ball by Steamforged Games.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Talking of Galleries, August's gallery should now be available at http://imgur.com/a/chCg1 so go have a look and check your stuff's in there! Some more fighting with Imgur but I think everyone's pictures are grouped. Imgur's system of ordering uploading stuff is really weird where it sometimes it'd put a batch of pics at the start of the gallery and sometimes at the end, and sometimes near the end but above earlier batches? Also it seems to be struggling with uploading more than 3 or 4 images at a time.

Liquid Communism posted:

I, Liquid Communism, Oath that I will paint this Khador Decimator Warjack (Privateer Press, 50mm) for January.

I was gonna snow-base it anyway, might as well add some motivation. First mini I've painted this century, so probably gonna gently caress it up pretty spectacularly. :v:

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition!
Honour, Flint and Brick from Guild Ball by Steamforged Games.

Approved!

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I JackMack weedily oath this lonely EM4 Future skirmish scavenger

Bit stretched this month. Also will be trying to save da whale on my past failure. I can dig out the original post if it helps or shall I do that on the final completion.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo oath five Mawbeasts, two Marauders, and one goblin, all 28mm by Mantic from the Deadzone line.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
My pledge is finally here. Time to strap the man pants on.

I, wdarkk, oath a UCM and Shaltari starter set for Dropfleet Commander. A total of eight frigates, six cruisers, and 3 voidgates. Hawk Wargames, plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

I JackMack weedily oath this lonely EM4 Future skirmish scavenger

Bit stretched this month. Also will be trying to save da whale on my past failure. I can dig out the original post if it helps or shall I do that on the final completion.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo oath five Mawbeasts, two Marauders, and one goblin, all 28mm by Mantic from the Deadzone line.

wdarkk posted:

My pledge is finally here. Time to strap the man pants on.

I, wdarkk, oath a UCM and Shaltari starter set for Dropfleet Commander. A total of eight frigates, six cruisers, and 3 voidgates. Hawk Wargames, plastic, 1:9150 scale.

Approved!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, additionally Oath a 500 point Algoryn army for Gates of Antares, consisting of 3 AI squads consisting of 5 troopers and a spotter drone, a 5 man assault squad, and a 6 drone shard of targeter probes, all in 28mm from Warlord Games.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Lets try this again.

I, chutche2, oath a Protectorate of Menoth battlegroup. Malekus, Castigator, Revenger, Repenter, privateer press.

Stripped the paint from the castigator, have to reprime it since a lot of primer also came off. Going to try something different since I couldn't get the white to look good, going to try the Umber Guard paint scheme for my menoth.

Also need to straighten that loving halberd out.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 16, 2017

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Space Marine Chaplain on bike.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, additionally Oath a 500 point Algoryn army for Gates of Antares, consisting of 3 AI squads consisting of 5 troopers and a spotter drone, a 5 man assault squad, and a 6 drone shard of targeter probes, all in 28mm from Warlord Games.

chutche2 posted:

Lets try this again.

I, chutche2, oath a Protectorate of Menoth battlegroup. Malekus, Castigator, Revenger, Repenter, privateer press.

Stripped the paint from the castigator, have to reprime it since a lot of primer also came off. Going to try something different since I couldn't get the white to look good, going to try the Umber Guard paint scheme for my menoth.

Also need to straighten that loving halberd out.

Uroboros posted:

Space Marine Chaplain on bike.

Approved

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath these two Khorne Berzerkers (GW, 28+mm) and one Axiom Avatar for Aetherium (32mm, Anvil 8) for the month of January!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Harmony, Marbles and Mallet. For Guild Ball by Steamforged Games.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I Flipswitch, oath to paint 2x New Orleans-Class Strike Carriers by Hawk Wargames!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Frost Giants! I may go back and add snow effects to the base once I figure out a good technique (which will be applied to my Dwarfs too). I was a bit worried they'd end up looking like giant Smurfs but it they seem to have worked anyway.

Snow Troll and also Jurnal Entry

The whole frosty group together. The Troll looks massive next to regular guys but tiny next to the giants!

Necromancer and his pile o bones. Nasty mould line on the skull of the bonepile but I tried to make it look like an old axe wound or similar.

His bodyguard, a wight or skelly champion of some kind. I may go back later and give his mace a similar treatment to my other wights (they have a yellowy magic glaze to them).

Group shot of the dead folk

When it gets dark, things get spooky! Recently I've become obsessed with fluorescent paints and acquired a mini blacklight to show off the glowy eyes and arcane sigils on the Necromancer's robes. I probably need a better camera to get good shots of the effect though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor, do oath these two Khorne Berzerkers (GW, 28+mm) and one Axiom Avatar for Aetherium (32mm, Anvil 8) for the month of January!

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition!
Harmony, Marbles and Mallet. For Guild Ball by Steamforged Games.

Flipswitch posted:

I Flipswitch, oath to paint 2x New Orleans-Class Strike Carriers by Hawk Wargames!

Approved!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

For January, I moths oath these six 15mm Winter War Finns from Battlefront!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for January

3 Hangars, 1 Workshop, and 1 Warehouse from Impudent Mortal (15mm)
1 Red Dragon Hatchling by Reaper (25mm)

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

What the hell, haven't done one of these in awhile.

I, Drone, oath for January: 1 Tyrant Blaine Mercenary Leader from Mantic Games (Warpath Kickstarter)

(Also I somehow flashed the photo in the split-second between :30 and :31 seconds)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Gonna declare oath failed as I got some free plastic sprues and sold my metal strike carriers. I'm gonna replace my metal strike carriers with plastic ones.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

For January, I moths oath these six 15mm Winter War Finns from Battlefront!

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for January

3 Hangars, 1 Workshop, and 1 Warehouse from Impudent Mortal (15mm)
1 Red Dragon Hatchling by Reaper (25mm)

Drone posted:

What the hell, haven't done one of these in awhile.

I, Drone, oath for January: 1 Tyrant Blaine Mercenary Leader from Mantic Games (Warpath Kickstarter)

(Also I somehow flashed the photo in the split-second between :30 and :31 seconds)

Approved!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
For January I oath: Proteus and Meatsac
Both from Privateer Press

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Addition
Jehenna and Sir Coric from Reaper
[tho I'm gonna use them for Lieutenants for Descent]

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Claiming the #squadgoals achievement.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

I am claiming JURNAL ENTRY for all this white!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

I did the technical challenge on the Dreadball ref and It's a rescue! on Dezra (the woman with the cape).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Red Shoe posted:

For January I oath: Proteus and Meatsac
Both from Privateer Press

Takuan posted:

Oath Addition
Jehenna and Sir Coric from Reaper
[tho I'm gonna use them for Lieutenants for Descent]

Approved!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Oath Complete!

I am claiming JURNAL ENTRY for all this white!

You've got red on you.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath this Pan Oceania Nisse HMG, 25mm from Corvus Belli

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Oath Complete!

Theme is the snow basing.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED
The model may look dirty or smudgy but it's largely the camera's fault and not super lovely painting (just regular lovely). The white was mixed with Liquitex Iridescent Medium to give it a sparkle effect. Looks better in person, although the white doesn't work with it as well as other colors.

Claiming the So C-c-cold technical challenge on this one.

head58 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath this Pan Oceania Nisse HMG, 25mm from Corvus Belli

Approved!

• Locked thread