Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
For a second there, I thought it was a new word filter or something.

EDIT: Goddammit, I snipe way too many pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Finally, a pride flag that represents me.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I walked out on it with ~30 minutes to go. Haven't done that since The Other Guys was in theatre. loving garbage.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

im becoming self conscious because i have a desmond hoodie that i really like and i dont want people to think i got it because i was inspired by the movie

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CaptainBeefart posted:

I walked out on it with ~30 minutes to go. Haven't done that since The Other Guys was in theatre. loving garbage.

You walked out on The Other Guys? I think it is you who is loving garbage.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

CaptainBeefart posted:

Which would seem to indicate that the Assassin's Creed movie is actually really, really good because The Other Guys was hilarious.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I Am Crake posted:

Which would seem to indicate that the Assassin's Creed movie is actually really, really good
I promise you it is not.

I had hoped for good fight choreography and stuff because I expected a trash plot, but not only was the plot even more loving stupid than I could possibly have imagined, in multiple different equally dumb ways, but the fights were stupid garbage where supposedly trained fighters just stood around waiting to be stabbed in the neck.

Also the director really really loved the stupid bird flying around and also horse hooves for some reason.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

Phimosissy posted:

I promise you it is not.

Oh there's no doubt in my mind that it's a bad movie, I just thought it was weird to use The Other Guys (which I thought was an excellent comedy) as an example of a horrible movie.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I Am Crake posted:

Oh there's no doubt in my mind that it's a bad movie, I just thought it was weird to use The Other Guys (which I thought was an excellent comedy) as an example of a horrible movie.

:same:

Although I have seen the AC movie and yes, it was disappointing.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phimosissy posted:

I promise you it is not.

I had hoped for good fight choreography and stuff because I expected a trash plot, but not only was the plot even more loving stupid than I could possibly have imagined, in multiple different equally dumb ways, but the fights were stupid garbage where supposedly trained fighters just stood around waiting to be stabbed in the neck.

Also the director really really loved the stupid bird flying around and also horse hooves for some reason.

On par with the games then in quality

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Implying they have crabs too just seems mean-spirited.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I was at a theater and it had a display for Assassins Creed and I covered up the letters so it said rear end Creed. I hope everyone gets a little chuckle from my story.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Can't go to the AssCreed movie without your preorder crossbow!

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Kwyndig posted:

You walked out on The Other Guys? I think it is you who is loving garbage.

On the one hand, the two best things about that movie are "aim for the bushes" scene (which is right at the beginning) and the end credits which is just a PSA about Ponzi schemes and wealth inequality and poo poo. Nothing in the middle quite lives up to what sandwiches it. On the other hand, the middle is still pretty dang good.

Verdict: Captain Beefart is in fact garbage.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bobjr posted:

Can't go to the AssCreed movie without your preorder crossbow!

Is that a good price for a medieval crossbow? I honestly don't know.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

If it has genuine hardwood for a frame that's a steal. Just caress it lovingly to feel if the workmanship is right.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Guy Goodbody posted:

89$ On first google search. So..going with, no.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The AC movie would never work for the same reason a Hitman movie would never work. You take a game that revolves around meticulous planning and multiple reloads until a busboy doesn't spot you hiding in the bushes at the wrong moment and turn it into a standard shootem up movie racking up 100's of bodies. Any Hitman film that doesn't aim to get a Silent Assassin rating just isn't worth it.

All we want really is an hour and a half of the beginning of Leon (aka Leon the Professional) poo poo now I need to watch Leon again.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Feonir posted:

89$ On first google search. So..going with, no.

Do the math.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewj3wrIUR3s

Buddy

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

CaptainBeefart posted:

Oh Ubisoft. Maybe once Vivendi buys you and puts in place some sane executives the quality of the products you release will actually be consistent.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

alpha_destroy posted:

On the one hand, the two best things about that movie are "aim for the bushes" scene (which is right at the beginning) and the end credits which is just a PSA about Ponzi schemes and wealth inequality and poo poo. Nothing in the middle quite lives up to what sandwiches it. On the other hand, the middle is still pretty dang good.

Verdict: Captain Beefart is in fact garbage.

Listen, far be it from me to break up a dogpile, but all he said was 'since The Other Guys was in theatre,' there's nothing saying what film he walked out of.

You know what else was in theatres in June of 2010?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Ak Gara posted:

The AC movie would never work for the same reason a Hitman movie didn't work.

Ftfy. It exists. Well, they exist.
Theres 2007 Hitman movie and a 2015 reboot. 2nd one is.. okay, and 1st one is literal trash.

If you want a good hitman movie, just watch John Wick.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Critics Consensus: No

Ak Gara posted:

The AC movie would never work for the same reason a Hitman movie would never work. You take a game that revolves around meticulous planning and multiple reloads until a busboy doesn't spot you hiding in the bushes at the wrong moment and turn it into a standard shootem up movie racking up 100's of bodies. Any Hitman film that doesn't aim to get a Silent Assassin rating just isn't worth it.
I would much prefer a Hitman (or any stealth game) movie that was based more on the way I play those games (ie. badly). An attempt to be stealthy that starts going wrong, quickly snowballs out of control and ends with a pile of bodies, followed by people acting like nothing's wrong continuing to send this incompetent protagonist out on more stealth missions.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Sormus posted:

Theres 2007 Hitman movie and a 2015 reboot. 2nd one is.. okay, and 1st one is literal trash.

This. In fact, just watch John Wick for no reason. Have you seen John Wick lately? Cause goddamn John Wick.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

AnElegantPeacock posted:

This. In fact, just watch John Wick for no reason. Have you seen John Wick lately? Cause goddamn John Wick.

I watched John Wick last month, for the first time. I'm going to go watch it again. Right now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

RoboRodent posted:

I can't wait for Trump to insult Chuck Tingle on Twitter.

Vicious LIES from not very good gay erotica writer Chuck Tingle! Not a nice person!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tiggum posted:

Critics Consensus: NoI would much prefer a Hitman (or any stealth game) movie that was based more on the way I play those games (ie. badly). An attempt to be stealthy that starts going wrong, quickly snowballs out of control and ends with a pile of bodies, followed by people acting like nothing's wrong continuing to send this incompetent protagonist out on more stealth missions.

:yeah:

Also guards walking in patterns.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

AssCreed is a movie whose central premise is grabbing a guy with a big robotic arm and swinging him around while memories are livestreamed out of his DNA, and it takes itself completely seriously.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Knormal posted:

AssCreed is a movie whose central premise is grabbing a guy with a big robotic arm and swinging him around while memories are livestreamed out of his DNA, and it takes itself completely seriously.

To be fair, the arm's really only a conceit to get the audience understanding the whole bleeding effect from the Animus. In the games the Animus is a seat the user lies in while the memories are pumped into their head, and it's a known thing that prolonged use is bad if you're going through your own genetic memories because they start bleeding intothe user's mind. It's beneficial to some degree, because they pick up stuff like their ancestor's Assassin skills, but they also start believing they are that ancestor in brief bursts.

The arm is still pretty dumb, but you can at least see the train of logic as to why they used it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sormus posted:

They both are trash with a couple great scenes. Four more of those and you'd have enough for one greatest hits collection.

I think the key to a good Hitman movie is having him show no emotion whatsoever and that is never going to happen if they keep giving him a companion.

The sequel to The Mechanic remake was also trash but it's greatest moments were Statham's character planning and executing his hits. The second job is like a 5 minute sequence without dialogue and it was a diamond in a field of poo poo. It even was executed to look like an accident, one of the greatest things about a modern Hitman game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/shanevader/status/819008788481114112

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I think a great Hitman movie would have to involve time travel somehow. Which means the current best Hitman movie is Edge Of Tomorrow.

Mierenneuker posted:

I think the key to a good Hitman movie is having him show no emotion whatsoever

Wanna make a Keanu Reeves joke so bad right now, but John Wick will come for me. :ohdear:

[edit] Is imgur down for anyone else? I haven't been able to upload pics for a few days now. / nm, it's back. Keeps saying overloaded.

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 11:10 on Jan 12, 2017

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, the arm's really only a conceit to get the audience understanding the whole bleeding effect from the Animus. In the games the Animus is a seat the user lies in while the memories are pumped into their head, and it's a known thing that prolonged use is bad if you're going through your own genetic memories because they start bleeding intothe user's mind. It's beneficial to some degree, because they pick up stuff like their ancestor's Assassin skills, but they also start believing they are that ancestor in brief bursts.

videogames.txt "Can't just do a thing. Gotta poo poo it up with a pointless, convoluted, impossible plot first!"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The animus arm is basically the least bad thing about the AssCreed movie. And, to be fair, Fassbender does a good job with what he had to work with, but drat he signed up for a stinky turd of a movie

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any video game movie adaptations that are good / competent?

I remember the first Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie being sort of okay for what it was but haven't seen it in a while.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This reminds me of The Brave Little Toaster.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Are there any video game movie adaptations that are good / competent?

I remember the first Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie being sort of okay for what it was but haven't seen it in a while.

Mortal Kombat (I'm only half joking)

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Ak Gara posted:

I think a great Hitman movie would have to involve time travel somehow. Which means the current best Hitman movie is Edge Of Tomorrow.

Wanna make a Keanu Reeves joke so bad right now, but John Wick will come for me. :ohdear:

[edit] Is imgur down for anyone else? I haven't been able to upload pics for a few days now. / nm, it's back. Keeps saying overloaded.

The "Germany" at the bottom really makes this for me

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

RCarr posted:

Well it does have highest metacritic score of video game movies at 58...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

RCarr posted:

This person gets it. MK was incredibly faithful to the spirit and tone of the material: hokey, convoluted, and full of fighting. It's the last time I can remember that fans of the source material got what they hoped for in movie form.

• Locked thread