Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Question regarding the dumb Vita save thing:

My friend gave me his Vita to play P5:G (using his PSN acc)
I'm thinking of buying a Vita myself.

Is there any way for me to get my Persona save from his vita to the one I buy?

As far as I know, it'd be his save now, so I'd recommend stopping while you're still fresh and start anew on your own account.

And also give me your P5!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Note that you can fast-forward through cutscenes in P4G by hitting Start, so if you weren't too far it should be fast to catch back up.

I'm not sure if this works on Vita but on some PS3 games you could save between accounts with the caveat that it disabled trophies, so you could try that I suppose?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Real hurthling! posted:

The menus were not redone for console and some people were mad. It supposedly chugs on xbox but the ps4 one is good

the menus are bad on pc anyways but if they werent changed at all i could see them being more annoying to use. that wouldnt gently caress up the game tho

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Are the menus like mouse cursor based or something? Thinking about buying stardew valley on psn, but if you have to move a cursor around with a thumb stick I'll just buy it on steam. :shrug:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Just grabbed the PSTV bundle off of eBay, the one with the controller and memory card. What are the must-play digital Vita and PSP games on the store? I know somebody's gonna say Persona 4 Golden. And is the included 8GB memory card gonna go far if I decide to go all digital? Or do I need to start scrounging for bigger memory?

It's a pretty solid platform for Binding of Isaac as well. Stealth Inc/Stealth Bastard and Nova 111 were both pretty fun for puzzle style games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

As far as I know, it'd be his save now, so I'd recommend stopping while you're still fresh and start anew on your own account.

Sony :argh:

Also yes P4 😇😇

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Odd that there have been no weekly sales for two weeks straight.

If trends from the last few years continue, expect a sale either the week or the weekend of the Super Bowl where many sports games (not just Madden) will go on sale for like 67% off or some such.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony want all those new PS4 owners to pay top dolla

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

BadAstronaut posted:

So tempted to get Stardew Valley, but suspicious that this might be a PS+ game in the next few months. I am very intrigued but in no rush to play it. Ugh.

Thread, what are your thoughts on this game?

It's Harvest Moon. No bones about it. If you've ever played one of those games, you will know what to expect. If not, it's just as rabidsquid described: a relaxing farm sim. Stardew has some minor differences, but nothing substantial.

Two of my friends who have never played any of the HM games were immediately sucked into Stardew. Like 60+ hours sucked in. Then again, you have people like Jeff Gerstmann who finds the game tedious and that's completely understandable.

Drone posted:

I heard the Playstation version of Stardew Valley is sorta hosed somehow? Or was that a launch thing that's been sorted out?

So the PS4 version does have issues. There's slowdown if you have a lot of poo poo on your screen, which will eventually happen if you start mass producing crops and have animals running about. This is where your bugs come in, if you're curious. Example if you're laying down seeds when there's lag, the game will sometimes replace the seed graphic with what you're holding. Things like that.

Then there's the cursor. There's no reason for the cursor to exist, but it's required for certain tasks. It feels out of place and it's clunky. The title screen utilizes it, completing your day has you click an "okay" button, placing furnature requires it, purchasing and selling requires it, managing your inventory, filling out your catalog has you manually move every little item around, and more.

It's not that bad, but give me a break.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I loved harvest moon as a kid and tried out Stardew when it came out but it made me realize I think I liked Harvest Moon because I had a lot of free time

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cool PSP / Vita games

Persona 4 Golden
Killzone Liberation
Gurumin
Gladiator Begins
Powerstone Collection

I'm pretty sure they're all Vita TV comparable.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

World of Final Fantasy just got a PS4 1.02 patch, seems like it unfucked the graphics on the PS4 Pro.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Does Stardew Valley allow multiple separate saves? I could see me and the missus both running our own farms.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If it doesn't your can always make her her own PSN account and that will do it. Same goes for all games that only have one save slot

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

If it doesn't your can always make her her own PSN account and that will do it. Same goes for all games that only have one save slot

Sounds good :)

Start the inevitable countdown to her forgetting to switch profiles and erasing all my stuff

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Does stardew valley work well with vita remote play?

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Sounds good :)

Start the inevitable countdown to her forgetting to switch profiles and erasing all my stuff

There is a setting somewhere on the ps4 that makes you choose an account every time it turns on, instead of defaulting to the primary one. It makes that sort of error a lot harder.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I need to find it and turn it off. There is only one profile on mine but every time I turn it on it's a whole one more button press. Not the end of the world but if it's optional why not do it?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Does Stardew Valley allow multiple separate saves? I could see me and the missus both running our own farms.

It has 3 save slots to my knowledge.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I need to find it and turn it off. There is only one profile on mine but every time I turn it on it's a whole one more button press. Not the end of the world but if it's optional why not do it?

If you wanna dive in to the real poo poo, you can always setup the ps4 camera to remember your face. I cant get over how creepy that is, so I'm stuck with the button pressing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Serious question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3vr4El4cmI
What the gently caress is this poo poo?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Serious question:

By the developers of The Demon Rush.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sheeeeit, is my boy BROOKS CRACKTACKLE gonna be in this!?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

I have no idea what this means

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Serious question:

Probably Feb's PS+ game

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Serious question:

Goty 2017

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait for the MDickie HD collection!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So PS4 is on a PC level of anything goes BS now as well? Microsoft accepting early access on consoles was the first step down that dark dark road

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I have no idea what this means

Here's the Goldmined Thread. All the images are lost to time because of Waffleimages tho

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2913491

Here's a trailer for it made by our very own DocFuture. I don't think he's posted here in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWmboM0zFc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got a question for the Miku heads, project tone seems cool, I tried the two songs in the demo and I ready to get into this weird series finally I think. If I get the Future Sound + Colorful Tone bundle that's basically like, all the Miku songs sega has ever released? I may just go all in...

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Speaking of the new Miku, is it just me or does their kinda dumb game/DLC scheme mean that the game doesn't even have a platinum? Because everything about the way they chose to separate the game into two halves is sorta dumb, but that makes it even sillier

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I've got a question for the Miku heads, project tone seems cool, I tried the two songs in the demo and I ready to get into this weird series finally I think. If I get the Future Sound + Colorful Tone bundle that's basically like, all the Miku songs sega has ever released? I may just go all in...

It says it has like 220 songs so if it's not all of them, there can't be that many it's missing

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

I loved harvest moon as a kid and tried out Stardew when it came out but it made me realize I think I liked Harvest Moon because I had a lot of free time

I love rune factory/harvest moon games, but they're so much better on portable consoles

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man this Miku Gabe had what can only be described as a staggering amount of things to unlock

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

So PS4 is on a PC level of anything goes BS now as well? Microsoft accepting early access on consoles was the first step down that dark dark road

Is it? I thought they still said no early access, hence no astroneers, etc. yet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

It's not all of them, there's no songs from the recent Diva X (for obvious reasons) for example, but it's close.

Freak Futanari posted:

Speaking of the new Miku, is it just me or does their kinda dumb game/DLC scheme mean that the game doesn't even have a platinum? Because everything about the way they chose to separate the game into two halves is sorta dumb, but that makes it even sillier

Yeah there's no platinum weirdly, I assume because it'd have to be obtainable with just the free two song thing.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Real hurthling! posted:

Is it? I thought they still said no early access, hence no astroneers, etc. yet.

Like a "beta", it's all pretty much semantics at this point.

PSN posted:

The Founder's Edition gives PS4™ players a fully up-to-date version of ARK: Survival Evolved that includes all previously released content. This version includes exclusive PS4™ content including a Bionic Giga skin plus an entire Manticore armor set for all male and female characters, and players will also receive regular game content updates. The game will grow over time until it releases as a final product in Spring 2017.

It's classified as a "Full Game" on PSN, but it's early access on Steam and X-box. I guess they just don't explicitly called it "early access" on PSN (it's classified as a "Full Game"), but it's totally early access.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 12, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
This is so weird.
I have gotten several gift cards over the holidays. But I have so much trouble using them. before I added them to PSN. I'd just buy whatever game fancied me / was on sale, without a second thought But now i'm thinking if I use it on this game, i'll only have x amount left to get another game for free.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm sure everyone knows already but I'm finally getting around to playing Transformers and it isn't bad, but it really feels like a crappier Metal Gear Rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new Miku game is f*cking amazing.