Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
the last 5 minutes of that episode were fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Everything came together perfectly, and all the plots were hilarious. That was classic Sunny stuff. I don't mind the experimental episodes once and a while, but it was nice to get back to basics this week.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

hughesta posted:

the last 5 minutes of that episode were fantastic

Just the perfect storm of the two slide plots coming together like that.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
no particular order

The Gang Gets Analyzed
Sweet Dee's Dating A Retarded Person
Chardee MacDennis
Frank's Little Beauties (my favorite)
Reynolds v. Reynolds
The Nightman Cometh
The Gang Gets Invincible
Mac Day
McDoyle v. Ponderosa
Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare

but these should've replaced two if I hadn't forgotten them/missed them in the list:

The Gang Gets Trapped
The Gang Dances Their Asses Off

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I could feel that scorching Frank's back through the tv. God drat.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mac's smile at the end slayed me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

That was great.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

i am the bird posted:

no particular order

The Gang Gets Analyzed
Sweet Dee's Dating A Retarded Person
Chardee MacDennis
Frank's Little Beauties (my favorite)
Reynolds v. Reynolds
The Nightman Cometh
The Gang Gets Invincible
Mac Day
McDoyle v. Ponderosa
Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare

but these should've replaced two if I hadn't forgotten them/missed them in the list:

The Gang Gets Trapped
The Gang Dances Their Asses Off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

There is literally nothing more boring to read than a rankings list posted with zero backup explanation by a stranger on the internet.

And this episode was loving fantastic.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

LividLiquid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

There is literally nothing more boring to read than a rankings list posted with zero backup explanation by a stranger on the internet.

I humbly invite you to the Radiohead thread.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ballz posted:

I humbly invite you to the Radiohead thread.
I'm good.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

This was great, should have been the season premiere.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

God drat tonight's episode was amazing. I was dying of laughter during that last slide run.

Still killing it 12 seasons in.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Charlie Got Molested 2nd to worst?

Um....no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTo_NKvZJ6E

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
The episode seemed to have three "meh"-level plot threads going on. Each was entertaining, but kind-of "meh."

Stuck in a water slide? I liked it better the first time I saw it on The Simpsons, but it was pretty good to hear two adults bickering and bonding, sort-of, with a chubby kid. Faking a disease? Pretty funny, if only because I know it's going to somehow come around and bite them in the rear end. The protégé? Genuinely fun to watch, but not too deep. Hell, it was mostly made of montages.

What made this episode great, for me anyway, was the way that they bundled it all up at the end. Every single thing that happened in the last few minutes made everything worthwhile. And above all the fun of seeing how Fake AIDS Plot and Pee Detector Plot played out was seeing how Mac had been playing the long con to get some sweet, sweet drainus time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Loved it, every character's plot coming together at the end was great. Dennis' slow and pleased realization of how he got played was oddly sweet.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Frank raw dogging the water slide looked painful as gently caress :gonk: . Also, that's what, two dead kids in as many episodes?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Uh I didn't like that part because it was pretty much just taken from Matchstick Men.

:goonsay:

My favorite part was "*whistle* AIDS!"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I loved that Dennis plot. That was about as warm and fuzzy as you can get with his character

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
That was a great episode.

And this is the worst list I've ever seen, and I've been to plenty of holocaust memorials mind you.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I kinda wish they'd eliminated one of the plots and given more focus on the Dennis thread. They finally did something new with his character and it got minimized to a couple of montages.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The episode was very short, less than 18 minutes. They could've done more with the Dennis plot without cutting anything else.

But I don't know really I felt it was a sweet and satisfying plot for him, we saw a different side of him and he actually came off as a good person despite you know... teaching a child to be a con artist.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Has anybody seen my son?

God I love this show.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ChesterJT posted:

Has anybody seen my son?

God I love this show.

whoa is that from Jaws?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Plot hole: how could Charlie and Frank do every ride if one of them was filled with Mac?

But the episode was downright amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChesterJT posted:

Has anybody seen my son?

God I love this show.

Holy poo poo, that's great.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Plot hole: how could Charlie and Frank do every ride if one of them was filled with Mac?

They were obviously just doing the adult rides, while Dee and Mac ignored the nerd who explained that it was a kid ride.

Also I loved that most of the staff were just dead inside and didn't give a poo poo about anything. "AIDS in the water, everybody out :geno:"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Jerusalem posted:

Also I loved that most of the staff were just dead inside and didn't give a poo poo about anything. "AIDS in the water, everybody out :geno:"

To be fair, they have to work with kids all day. That poo poo kills your soul in a matter of hours..

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Mac going full bore with a Chuck Palahniuk story was pretty fantastic.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thought the piss plot was eerily topical. Very strong episode all around, and was a little surprised by each plot. I thought Frank was going to chicken out and push Charlie down the slide, but he's mellowed out a lot. Mac and Dee getting stuck in a tube was enjoyable, especially as I kept remembering that they're married in reality. I see potential for Abby to return (surely she's going to start sneaking into bars soon?) I do miss the bar where's the bar this season

TUS posted:

Mac going full bore with a Chuck Palahniuk story was pretty fantastic.

I totally bought that, of all authors, Mac would read Chuck Palahniuk (a gay man famous for examining masculinity in the edgelordiest way), but loved that it turned out to be a ploy to get the pool vent to himself.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Powaqoatse posted:

whoa is that from Jaws?

That's Mrs.Kintner, grieving mother and skilled bitchslapper, from Jaws.

That episode was already in my top ten before that happened. It was the icing on the cake, and then we got Mac's grin which was the cherry on top.

Pretty much a perfect episode in my books.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

I could feel that scorching Frank's back through the tv. God drat.

I had to watch that part like three times in a row because I was laughing too hard and couldn't keep my eyes open.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The youngest child on The Mick basically stole the show with his increasingly manic and dramatic mood swings as he kept taking Mickey's birth control

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The mick is okay but I can't shake the feeling that Mickey is just one of Dee's bad & racist characters.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I love this show

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I gotta pop in and add that 'The Mick' is surprisingly good. The pilot is a little weak, but it really gets dark for a network show. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell they're throwing the 10 episode order out by airing two episodes a week. Seems like it's being jettisoned to me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yesterday they picked it up for 17 episodes according to Wikipedia. So at least one full season, maybe a second season. I'm guessing canceled in the middle of the second season because Fox.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm a little late on watching this season and skipped a bunch of the latest posts but I have to say, I think the first episode is by far the worst episode of Always Sunny I've ever seen. It wasn't funny at all, even if you don't hate musicals (which I do). I'm watching the second one now and am hoping for a massive improvement.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Doesn't care about the AIDS.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm a little late on watching this season and skipped a bunch of the latest posts but I have to say, I think the first episode is by far the worst episode of Always Sunny I've ever seen. It wasn't funny at all, even if you don't hate musicals (which I do). I'm watching the second one now and am hoping for a massive improvement.

THanks for your opinion friend but it is a faulty one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Zzulu posted:

THanks for your opinion friend but it is a faulty one

It was even worse than Frank's Brother. I didn't crack a smile for the whole thing. What was the joke beyond "the gang doesn't know what it's like to be black"?