Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone must be messing with his hamburger supply because Jugghead is looking PISSED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ruddiger posted:

Someone must be messing with his hamburger supply because Jugghead is looking PISSED.

Archie fucks Ms Grundy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ruddiger posted:

The cows are not what they seem.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This just looks like they're sat with their heads in some kind of 1930s sci-fi brain helmet machine.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Unoriginal Name posted:

A great place to get away with what again

It's a really strained attempt to conflate "get away with everybody" (as in a nice place to go) vs "get away with everything"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeJF posted:

This just looks like they're sat with their heads in some kind of 1930s sci-fi brain helmet machine.

Is it not supposed to look like those big hair machines at olde-timey salons? That's what I thought they were going for. They're ladies and wear dresses, but they're still smart mathematicians and did important science

edit: these things

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

It's a really strained attempt to conflate "get away with everybody" (as in a nice place to go) vs "get away with everything"

Maybe, but you'd say "get away from it all". It sounds like the designer forgot what he was doing half way through.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Why is the top-right woman holding two beer can tabs?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jedit posted:

Maybe, but you'd say "get away from it all". It sounds like the designer forgot what he was doing half way through.

Yeah, it's definitely a typo missing "it", which is present on the first poster:

And it's a really clever tagline for a show about an innocent small town where a murder happens. Assuming all the right words are in there.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 10, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is it not supposed to look like those big hair machines at olde-timey salons? That's what I thought they were going for. They're ladies and wear dresses, but they're still smart mathematicians and did important science

edit: these things

Probably, but it just looks messy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

THE BAR posted:

Why is the top-right woman holding two beer can tabs?

I had the same question.

edit: Oooh, there's a knife coming out the other end of her hand, so that's just a really silly looking pommel.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 10, 2017

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
She's gonna kill XXX with Riddick's knives; very meta.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's their heads exploding with all the ideas of the time.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Brought back a handful of VHS tapes from when I back home for the holidays. Wish I had the original boxes for some of these, but they were all bought second hand from a mom & pop rental shop and they chopped up and threw away most of their VHS boxes. I did manage to clear out most of their horror section so at least I was able to get the tapes.

This was recently restored and released on Blu Ray, but I'm glad I found my original VHS copy all the same.

and another train-themed horror movie (well, more like nazisploitation)

Early Troma Team release

Gorgon video boxes were always great.

This movie has nothing to do with I Spit On Your Grave

Haven't watched this yet, but it stars a young John Candy!

and last but not least. :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAD4dK2dp7k

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Gorgon video boxes were always great.

How could you post that and not post this with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWf85iwQB14

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

marshmallow creep posted:

I had the same question.

edit: Oooh, there's a knife coming out the other end of her hand, so that's just a really silly looking pommel.

Looks like a pair of kerambits. Maybe some Pencak Silat in this movie?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Looks like a pair of kerambits. Maybe some Pencak Silat in this movie?

Yeah I'm pretty sure those are kerambits. I bet they're going use them like ring daggers, with lots of flashy twirling.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Shouldn't it be XXXX

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Four Frantic Fables From Four Female Filmmakers

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Shouldn't it be XXXX

I'm assuming it's a chromosome joke.

So technically it should be XX XX XX XX

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wait, is that St Vincent?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Vagabundo posted:

Wait, is that St Vincent?

Yep :)

http://www.thewrap.com/st-vincents-annie-clark-to-make-directorial-debut-with-horror-anthology-film-xx/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

edit: wrong thread sorry

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Oh man, what happened to that having a new film by Mary Harron? Still a solid line-up though.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mantis42 posted:

Jesus Christ

Her kids with beast will have the Insmouth look

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

RIP Moltar

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wonder what the next "80's series all funnied up" movie is going to be. Airwolf or Blue Thunder? There might be some money in zany helicopter shenanigans.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 12, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

I wonder what the next "80's series all funnied up" movie is going to be. Airwolf or Blue Thunder? There might be some money in zany helicopter shenanigans.

We're a decade away from Thunder In Paradise.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vagabundo posted:

Definitely Airwolf, but only if the main character is in the helicopter the entire film.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

MikeJF posted:

I actually like what they're going for, making a poster in the style of the era when then should have gotten a movie. It's neat. Wish all the hubbub in the background maybe continued on into the bottom left a bit though - right now it does look a bit like that poo poo is resting on their heads.

This will probably be a huge hit and I know people are going to roll their eyes at me for saying this, but this right here, seeing this poster, is peak stupid. This is fuckin Archie with a character called Jughead and your mother literally read it as a child, but no forget that this is sexy grim murder archie. I know there have been ~mature~ archie comics but seriously I can't see this without wanting to roll my eyes out of my head.

My girlfriend grew up reading archie comics and when I told her there was ganna be an archie show she was like "oh wow! Is it going to be animated? They need to get the voices just right I think".

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 12, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Archie fucks Ms Grundy in Riverdale.

Someone I follow on tumblr, who I suspect is probably 16, reblogs stuff from Riverdale sometimes and it looks bad.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

When I first saw the commercial for this I thought Lefou was played by Jack Black and now am sad about the movie that will never be.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Calico Heart posted:

I actually like what they're going for, making a poster in the style of the era when then should have gotten a movie. It's neat. Wish all the hubbub in the background maybe continued on into the bottom left a bit though - right now it does look a bit like that poo poo is resting on their heads.

This will probably be a huge hit and I know people are going to roll their eyes at me for saying this, but this right here, seeing this poster, is peak stupid. This is fuckin Archie with a character called Jughead and your mother literally read it as a child, but no forget that this is sexy grim murder archie. I know there have been ~mature~ archie comics but seriously I can't see this without wanting to roll my eyes out of my head.

My girlfriend grew up reading archie comics and when I told her there was ganna be an archie show she was like "oh wow! Is it going to be animated? They need to get the voices just right I think".

And have you seen Archie's abs?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
You've sculpted one heckuva skunk trail, Arch.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Blue Thunder deserves a remake but not like that. They could probably get a real attack helicopter these days, because Blue Thunder was supposed to just be an Apache.

Airwolf would definitely but they have to go super-crazy with the conspiracy and spy fiction stuff.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nihonniboku posted:

And have you seen Archie's abs?

Welp, I'm in.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
There's been animated Archie shows & a million terrible traditional spin offs. Let the teens be ripped!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So it's like Archie's Smallville?