Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dexo posted:

That seems pretty reasonable?

sessions has an incredibly racist record, including specifically targeting black people for voter suppression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

My Crackersona is Stoned Wheat Thins.

Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits is probably the most premium cracker one can aspire to.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cease to Hope posted:

sessions has an incredibly racist record, including specifically targeting black people for voter suppression

Which is why he said that he doesn't believe that based on his record he will deliver equal justice for all citizens.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

hahaha

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dexo posted:

Which is why he said that he doesn't believe that based on his record he will deliver equal justice for all citizens.

misread, sorry. thought it was rehashing criticism of booker for praising sessions in the past

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009
No no no, I'm talking about Tillerson. Booker basically sucked him off saying he thinks he will be great...

The one "negative" comment he had was he asked if Tillerson wants to ban muslims, Tillerson said no and Booker was like "thank you sir I look forward to your confirmation"

also, here is a video of Booker praising sessions work in civil rights acknowledgement in the past http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/10/flashback-cory-booker-praises-jeff-sessions-for-civil-rights-work-video/

gently caress Cory Booker. Seriously.

e: The Republicans with DONALD TRUMP as PRESIDENT just took nearly full control of the government, and Booker rolls over like this. Spineless loving hack. I'm going to be so pissed if he's who the Democrats try to put up for 2020.

Mixodorian fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 12, 2017

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009
People in this thread wanna boost Cory Booker when there are vastly better options like Kamala Harris. Why is that?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Koalas March posted:

Michigan used to have a big Klan presence, and some have lingered. Howell, for example, was a sundown town and is still racist AF to this day. A friend of mine got attacked there actually.

The North actually has more sundown towns then the South due to the way economics worked across the South.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Are we allowed two twitter funnies in one day?

Cease to Hope posted:

I've read up a little on a history of iffy voter ID stuff, but as the AG what is it that he is empowered to do to gently caress with the black vote, specifically, and ethnic minorities more broadly? Or is it more a matter of using his discretion to not pursue challenges against more lovely laws?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Who the gently caress is boosting Corey Booker?

And that link of course he loving did. He's not going to make to make the presentation of a senate award to those who marched from Selma into a way to politically attack someone who was one of the sponsors of the award. He didn't say anything praising Sessions other than what was essentially I'm working with him to do this thing. Didn't praise anything about his civil rights work(of which there is none) just said that he was one of the co sponsors.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

In non-infuriating news, I'm excited to see Colson Whitehead tomorrow in Ann Arbor. I'm going to finish Underground Railroad tonight, it's pretty gripping, and fills me with a deep shame pretty much constantly.

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Dexo posted:

And that link of course he loving did. He's not going to make to make the presentation of a senate award to those who marched from Selma into a way to politically attack someone who was one of the sponsors of the award. He didn't say anything praising Sessions other than what was essentially I'm working with him to do this thing. Didn't praise anything about his civil rights work(of which there is none) just said that he was one of the co sponsors.

"who is boosting Cory Booker"

"Why would he dishonor noted racist Jeff Sessions because he helped him with the awards for civil rights heroes?"

This was mainly against negromancer who seems to think Booker is good for whatever reason. Booker is the exact type of democrat I don't want.

Being the adult in the room means god drat nothing when police get paid vacations for killing people like us. Why we still gotta play this game?

With Kamala Harris in Andre Carson, I really don't want to see anyone supporting Booker's flakey rear end.

Please watch his interaction with Tillerson if you want to understand my extreme disdain.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

OgreNoah posted:

In non-infuriating news, I'm excited to see Colson Whitehead tomorrow in Ann Arbor. I'm going to finish Underground Railroad tonight, it's pretty gripping, and fills me with a deep shame pretty much constantly.

A fellow Michigoon! What up doe!

I hope you have a nice time. Where is Colson speaking, U of M?

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 12, 2017

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Hello! I live in Ypsi, work in A2. Yeah, he's speaking at the Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre in the League at 7.

http://www.literatibookstore.com/event/site-colson-whitehead

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mixodorian posted:

"who is boosting Cory Booker"

"Why would he dishonor noted racist Jeff Sessions because he helped him with the awards for civil rights heroes?"

The game is the game man. I have had to say nice things and support people verbally who have said and done racist poo poo.

I got a new job ASAP, but that's not really an option for a senator.

Edit: haven't had time to see the Tillerson stuff so yeah that sucks.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 12, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koalas March posted:

There's a shocking amount of us!

(I live in Holt, for example)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Who What Now posted:

There's a shocking amount of us!

(I live in Holt, for example)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoZ5uPMjbLc

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rural Michigan is really bad, and I say this coming from Idaho. It's honestly way worse than most of the Midwest and even parts of the South. I have no idea why.
Because a lot of poor white Southerners moved up to Michigan to work in the factories same as black folk during the Great Migration in the teens and twenties and brought their lovely beliefs with them. People already here tended to look down on them.

Michigan actually had a pretty significant role to play in abolition and the Underground Railroad, as I'm finding out while researching Koala's family tree. can read about some of it here; its interesting stuff.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 12, 2017

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oracle posted:

same as blacks

C'mon man it was even on the previous page

Koalas March posted:

NEW RULES:
No saying "the blacks", "blacks" etc. it's dehumanizing. Say "Black people". We are people.

Black people are people!

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/819313691749392384

https://twitter.com/_zeets/status/819319855677636609

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Dexo posted:

The game is the game man. I have had to say nice things and support people verbally who have said and done racist poo poo.

I got a new job ASAP, but that's not really an option for a senator.

Edit: haven't had time to see the Tillerson stuff so yeah that sucks.

Yeah, heard that. I work in finance so all white/indian/asian people and I'm always having to bite my tongue. Big difference between a recall election and getting fired for slapping your Trump loving coworkers tho.

Thankfully (sort of) 2020 is a ways off. I hope whoever runs isn't anyone the mainstream is expecting to right now. Booker did pretty well in the Sessions hearing yesterday but blew that good will with how he kissed Tillerson's rear end today, at least to me.

e: ^^^^^ Mo Brooks is the stupidest motherfucker and there better not be any capitulation by any democrat to anything he pushes in the coming years.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

C'mon man it was even on the previous page

Black people are people!

Sorry; edited.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Mixodorian posted:

Yeah, heard that. I work in finance so all white/indian/asian people and I'm always having to bite my tongue. Big difference between a recall election and getting fired for slapping your Trump loving coworkers tho.

Thankfully (sort of) 2020 is a ways off. I hope whoever runs isn't anyone the mainstream is expecting to right now. Booker did pretty well in the Sessions hearing yesterday but blew that good will with how he kissed Tillerson's rear end today, at least to me.

e: ^^^^^ Mo Brooks is the stupidest motherfucker and there better not be any capitulation by any democrat to anything he pushes in the coming years.

Pretty much all of the Alabama Congress people suck. Pretty much every election I have been a part of has had me pretty much muttering a mantra of "gently caress you, gently caress you, especially gently caress you" as I filled out the ballot.

Edit: Well I'll be damned, someones still salty. Can I get someone to revert it again? I wanna see how much money this person will spend.

LunarShadow fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 12, 2017

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013

LunarShadow posted:

Pretty much all of the Alabama Congress people suck. Pretty much every election I have been a part of has had me pretty much muttering a mantra of "gently caress you, gently caress you, especially gently caress you" as I filled out the ballot.

At least Richard Shelby'll die soon...maybe.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

PantherWill posted:

At least Richard Shelby'll die soon...maybe.

God loving willing. I held off on some paperwork after I moved to Atlanta explicitly to vote against his dumb rear end.

edit: This one amuses me greatly, not gonna lie. Couldn't phase me by saying I should kill myself and my family, so they resort to calling me white trash and a racist. Peckerwoods gonna peckerwood I guess.

LunarShadow fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 12, 2017

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Holy poo poo, this might just be one of the primest examples of White fragility I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE8nQZPfYpY

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Instant and brutal action against that poor woman and an apology and he's still crying like soggy weiner.

This was all to get himself in the headlines right?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Even more of a one-sided farce than The War on Christmas. (And with mostly the same combatants fighting it)

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

MariusLecter posted:

Instant and brutal action against that poor woman and an apology and he's still crying like soggy weiner.

Seriously, gently caress people who endeavour to get people fired. It's the most vindictive loving thing, that's before you chuck in the racist supremacy that comes with this case.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

MariusLecter posted:

Need to get the definition of white fragility tattooed somewhere visible so i can experience it every single loving day.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Koalas March posted:

I am just now realizing I missed the hearing. How did that turn out? Can I watch it anywhere?
Edit : Oops, sorry I misread. I shouldn't post before coffee
Here's a transcript: http://www.bluejersey.com/2017/01/transcript-sen-cory-bookers-testimony-against-sen-jeff-sessions-for-attorney-general/

Apparently only three R senators stuck around to hear him talk.

I liked this bit because it really cut to the heart of all the bloviating about the Majesty of the Law that Sessions et al. went on about :

quote:

America was founded heralding not law and order, but justice for all. And critical to that is equal justice under the law.

Law and order without justice is unobtainable, they are inextricably tied together. If there is no justice, there is no peace.

The Alabama State Troopers on the Edmond Pettis Bridge were seeking law and order.

The marchers were seeking justice – and ultimately the greater peace.
He went on to get more specific about how Sessions sucks, and said " Challenges of race in America cannot be addressed if we refuse to confront them. Persistent biases cannot be defeated unless we combat them. The arc of the universe does not just naturally curve toward justice – we must bend it."

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 12, 2017

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I posted about our black sumo Wakaichiro a few months ago, and he is now fighting in his first tournament at the lowest level. Quoting from the Sumo Thread:

Rigel posted:

For those wondering about Wakaichiro (kid from Texas with a glorious afro), he looks solid. He's 1-1, but that loss was against (relatively speaking given the division) a pretty good opponent and was competitive.

Day 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Jpg6zBebY

Day 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtaIH95hJkE

He looks pretty good as a first timer, fighting a relative veteran in that second match.

I do wonder how they are going to turn his afro into a top knot once he moves up the ranks a bit.

Sumo has had its fair share of bullying issues amongst the wrestlers, doubly so for non-Japanese. I do hope he can push past that and have a great career. I will keep you all updated on this weird rear end sport that like 10 goons watch.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffdaddy posted:

I posted about our black sumo Wakaichiro a few months ago, and he is now fighting in his first tournament at the lowest level. Quoting from the Sumo Thread:

He looks pretty good as a first timer, fighting a relative veteran in that second match.

I do wonder how they are going to turn his afro into a top knot once he moves up the ranks a bit.

Sumo has had its fair share of bullying issues amongst the wrestlers, doubly so for non-Japanese. I do hope he can push past that and have a great career. I will keep you all updated on this weird rear end sport that like 10 goons watch.

I feel like all my years of sitting through football are finally paying off.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey Koala could I have a six hour probation with this as the reason:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

Hey Koala could I have a six hour probation with this as the reason:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You got it. :)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Fluffdaddy posted:

I will keep you all updated on this weird rear end sport that like 10 goons watch.

Meanwhile the wrestling I watch has a guy named Cheeseburger.

That's Cheeseburger.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Meanwhile the wrestling I watch has a guy named Cheeseburger.

That's Cheeseburger.

Liger loves Cheeseburger. I hope he's able to work more dates in NJPW.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Liger loves Cheeseburger. I hope he's able to work more dates in NJPW.

So does Super Liger!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Dexo posted:

Well, these two fuckwits, unfortunately:

This in response to criticism of Booker for voting down the prescription drugs bill. Which would have helped a hell of a lot of poor people of color.

(I'm guessing you meant "who in this thread is boosting Booker," though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
On the subject of an earlier thread topic of white people stealing music from black people, I heard on the radio during my commute that Don Henley (old white guy that should have retired during one of the last times The Eagles retired) is planning to put together and release an R&B album.

:wtf:

• Locked thread